The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 25, 2019, 11:37:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 128216 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2000 on: July 01, 2009, 07:22:11 am »

Good Morning, Miss Emma, Dreyfuss said. He could tell from her voice that she regretted crying and taking the night cap of his horrible liquor.Cleopatra said "Good morning Miss-emma! how are yu to-day? But it all came out. of course, as HIIiissspppPPP! Before Dreyfuss could stop her, Cleopatra flew over to the nightsatnd where Emma was groping for her glasses, and picked them up for her in her befanghed mouth, and put them under Emma's right hand, hovering in place while she waited for Emma to put them on.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of, Miss Emma, Dreyfuss said. Nightmares come to everyone, and everyone needs a nightcap now and then. And I wont breathe a word of it, I solemnly swear.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2001 on: July 01, 2009, 01:04:26 pm »

"Well I suppose there is no harm in looking..." Cain reasoned. After all when he usually found the shard of George trouble in the area sort of calmed down. And this world seemed to lack cold ones, posessed ladies in leather, or blood-mages.
"Alright, Angel. Let's fetch sweets something to tide him over until we return home."
Sweets meowed rather loudly, unsure what they were talking about but hoping its wide yellow eyes and little face would make them want to find food faster.

Sigmund dreampt.
There is a place that is only a place in theory. A world which encompasses all others. Their creator watches and monitors each world. At both sides are two voices. A voice of sentience and a voice of logic.
Logic says existance is sick.  Beasts and angels from other worlds crossing over and fighting over worlds like armies over nations. Logic wishes existance to be erased and started anew.
Sentience says otherwise. Advancement was why sentience was made.
Logic points out the flaws of sentience. War, murder, acts of evil.
Sentience defends existance, The maker silences them both and asks the two to prove their points.
Sentience must find a world of absolute good.
Logic must find one of evil.
Whichever is found first, the maker will either spare or annihilate existance depending upon the case made.

Sigmund is jarred awake, his body drenched in cold sweat. The feeling of the cool air on his flesh causes him to almost shiver.
Sigmund had never shivered before in his life.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2002 on: July 01, 2009, 02:59:27 pm »

Emma blinked owlishly out at the room. "Thank you miss Cleo. I wonder if they have breakfast in this place.  I could use a cup of tea rather fearsomely."

"You stay here and guard the castle and we will come back with kitty food ok?" Angel said petting Sweets head.  She pulled the cord shutting a rather confused Sweets in the fancy bedroom.  "That way she can't try and go swimming with the fishies again and get hurt."

"Siggy?" Helena's voice was colored with sleep. "You are all cold let me warm you up." She pulled him back down beside her enfolding him in her warmth.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2003 on: July 01, 2009, 05:10:30 pm »

"Already taken care of, Miss Emma," Dreyfuss said, pushing a cart laden with breakfast foods over to her bedside. "I was gettin' peckish, and pulled that cord over there by the couch. Bellhop knocked  on the door, and I asked him about breakfast. Says its all compliments of the hotel. You want the bed tray, or sit at the bed, or shall I unfold one of these wooden ones for you?" He indicated the wooden folding chairs hanging on one side of the cart, with a folding table hanging on the side.

Cleopatra found a book of reptiles; she gripped the book with her teeth, and pulled, flapping madly, pulling the book out. She lost her grip on it when she got it out, though, and it plummeted to the floor beside Dreyfuss, who looked up surprisedly. HIIIsssPPpppp! she said, apologetically, and then dove down and fought the cover open, and coiled up on the floor beside Dreyfuss and began flipping through the pages with the tip of her tail...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2004 on: July 01, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »

"I'm always cold Helena." Sigmund said, his voice wide awake. His eyes staring foreward, as if lost in his own body.
"Oh...sorry Helena. I'm going to take a bath. I need to clear my head..."
Sigmund said nothing else as he filled the tub with warm water and slid himself in.

Cain wondered if sweets would be alright seeing as how she and Cleo had never gotten along and the snake's recent understanding of Bernulli's principal might make the two far more agressive towards eachother than usual.
As they entered the pet store, all manner of strange, adorable, and seemingly biologically impssible creatures made all sorts of improbable noises as their huge, bright eyes glimmered.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2005 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:17 pm »

"I can eat at the end of the bed. I don't want to be any trouble and I certanly don't want to make you have to wait on me."  The breakfast was not entirely what she had been expecting. There was an odd brown soup, pickled vegetables and fish along with the normal fried eggs and toast.  she felt lucky for the lesson in using sticks to eat last night because there were no spoons.  "How are we suposed to eat the soup?"

Something was bothering him that much was obvious but if she should help or back off was not.  "I will see about getting something to eat." Helena called out.  Let him deal with it but be there if he needed it sounded like a good compromise.

"Look at all the animals." There were kitties, puppies, fishies, hamsters and this funny yellow mouse with red cheeks that made Angel feel tingly all over when she petted it. There was a nice looking lady with an apron behind the counter.  "Hi Lady we need food for a kitty and a toy.  Scraps keeps eating Sweet's toys when they play."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2006 on: July 01, 2009, 11:03:52 pm »

"Well," The lady straightened big, circular glasses. "The kittens here seem to love the taste of neko nori." she lead them down the hall past an expansive cage full of rabbit-cats. She retreived a considerably large can labeled with japanese characters and a grinning cat eating little sushi rolls.
"Well, the cat on the label certainly looks happy." Cain scratched his cheek, taking the can.
"And here's the Mecha-chu."  She showed them a shiny little toy mouse complete with a remote controll. "It rolsl around and your cat chases it, it is wonderful excersise."

Sigmund slowly sunk into the warm water, blowing bubbles and asking himself just what in the hell he was.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2007 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:13 pm »

Angel was rather impressed by Mecha-chu and whispered to Cain. "They make mouses like us here. This world has everything." Then she continued in her normal voice.  "Let's get Sweets the pink one because it is pretty."  Angel was then distracted by a display full of pink collars with bows, bells and rhinestones on them.

"It looked like breakfast is included in the room. So I have a plate out here for you when you are done." Helena called back to Sigmund making herself comfortable at the low table in the middle of the room.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2008 on: July 02, 2009, 02:14:44 am »

"I believe I saw Angel and Cain drinking theirs, last night" Dreyfuss said. "although that looks thick enough to use as a dip. If you'll pardon me..." He picked up a piece of what was apparently a fried noodle, dipped it in the soup, popped it in his mouth. chewed, and began to sweat. He swallowed, and said, a bit strangled "That is some hot soup. I wonder if they used horseradish sauce in it."he grabbed on of the three juice glasses, poured some of the red juice, and drank it slowly, letting the liquid wash away the stinging heat. "maybe I'm just sensitive,"  he said. "maybe you ought to try it, it might be better than I'm thinking." he took a piece of toast and spread some butter (he hoped it was butter) on it, and unfolded a chair from the side of the table and sat down in it. "If you don't mind my joining you," he said, "I haven't eaten yet."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:56:46 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2009 on: July 02, 2009, 04:11:55 am »

"I don't mind you joining me at all. After all this meal looks like quite the adventure." Emma took a tiny sip of soup.  "Goodness it is like lava. Well at least the jam is normal." The fruit wasn't exactly like the stuff at home but it wasn't bad.  She gave the roasted little fish a nibble. "And the fish is rather good all tho I have no idea why it is a breakfast food here."  She tried some of the little cup of beans and made a sour face. "These beans have gone bad and they are very sticky."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2010 on: July 02, 2009, 04:45:44 am »

"This world has alot I have to admit..." He said, scratching his head in wonder as he read the description of the mouses capability.
"Well, how much will this cost?" Cain asked, examining the item for a labelled price.
"Five hundred yen for the mouse. Six hundred for the food."
Cain immedately placed the toy and the can of food down, slowly scooting towards the door.

Sigmund emerged from his bath, water rolling down his unearthly musculature as he slid on a slightly moist shirt which clung to his wet body.
"I am not sure why, but I feel rather...distraugt. As if I am under some sort of deadline as it were."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2011 on: July 02, 2009, 05:13:16 am »

"Are yen these shiny coin things?" Angel said pulling things from her pockets and putting them on the counter. 'The nice old man at the noodle store gave me some and there were some in the pond with the fishies in our room but I took them out, cause Cain says that you shouldn't throw coins in fish ponds because it can hurt the fishies.  I was going to make a necklace out of them but buying things for Sweets is better."

Helena was lounging on the floor looking utterly relaxed.  "I think we are all getting antsy. I know for a fact Emma is she hardly sleeps anymore.  This worrying is just us spinning our wheels.  We give our best and that is all we have to give.  Now come set next to me and have something to eat.  It isn't often that we have a calm morning like this were we don't have to fight Angel for a share of the food."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2012 on: July 02, 2009, 05:28:50 am »

Deyfuss tried one of the odd-looking, dark-colored-shelled boiled eggs; he tapped it with the pommel of his bowie knife (since there were no spoons), and peeled away the shell, to find a yolk that was reddish-yellow and green and other unhealthy-looking colors. It didn't smell bad, exactly, but the aroma was so alien to him that he almost couldn't bring himself to eat it. He scrunched his eyes shut, bit gingerly into the exposed, solidified yolk, and was surprised to find that it was delicious. but he opened his eyes and saw what he was eating and decided he didn't want any more. He drank more of the red juice to clean his palate, and then started in on the scrambled eggs and ham. This, at least, was normal-looking and normal-tasting, and he relished every chopstick-full. he bit into the bread, and found the butter to be tangy but good.

"Those hard-boiled eggs are delicious, but I cant stand to look at 'em," Dreyfuss said conversationally. "These scrambled eggs are good, and the butter has a tang I can't place, but it's good, too." he said.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:59:36 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2013 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:29 am »

"This world has a very strange idea of what food is but the tea is excellent."  Emma was currently poking at the small pile of picked vegetables and debating if they were edible or not.  "I wonder if any of the others are up yet.  I want us to get home soon but I also think that this world is very peaceful now and I know everyone has been working hard. Maybe I should just let them sleep."  Things were easier before she became the captain.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2014 on: July 02, 2009, 07:11:01 am »

The girl's eyes seemed to widen to the size of tea saucers at the sight of the pile of shiny coins.
"This will suffice ma'am!" The young woman exclaimed hapilly, she took the little piles of various coins, counting them out and giving her change.
"I'm sure your cat will adore his new gifts." She smiled warmly.
"Might I suggest you buy a pikachu to keep him company?" The shopkeeper pointed to a cage of adorable, yellow rabbit-mice. Cain grabbed the purchased items and pulled her out of the building before she could see just how cute the little spark-generating creatures.

"I suppose you're right." Sigmund sat down beside her, folding his legs Indian style. He took a bowl of hot soup, sipping at the steamy contents. He allowed the sweet, spicy taste of the soup to wake him from his mental slump.
"I need to learn to clear my mind. I feel like I have an orchestra in my skull.  Everything is going off in my skull all at once and I can't tell who's on the vioin or anything..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2015 on: July 02, 2009, 02:40:48 pm »

Angel held the presents very close to her chest.  "I hope Sweets likes them.  I would wrap them like real presents but Sweets doesn't have hands so I guess it wouldn't work."

Helena smiled slyly.  "Just try to focus on one thing at a time.  Like this."  She gave him a very deep kiss that she was sure would not be lost in the music in Sigmund's head.

Cordelia was worried about her mama. Something was changing inside her song rising higher and higher.  Cordelia had a nasty suspicion that when that crescendo came the world would feel it.  She had never judged her mother because she knew that the queen parts in her made her do things sometimes but this was not one of those things.  The harmony was pure and Emma's alone.  Cordelia watched the coming dawn and wondered how many they all had left.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2016 on: July 02, 2009, 06:55:28 pm »

A big, rather dumb looking grin split Sigmund's lips. His tentacles curled into tight little coils.
"That helped." Sigmund said through his grin. "That helped alot." He hugged her tightly, his tentacles unraveling and wrapping around her waist and arm. "Thank you Helena. My head needed that."

"Sweets will appreciate it, of that I'm sure." Cain said, attempting to decypher the instructions on the back. The japanese characters were far too elaborite for him to read. He decided to navigate entirely by the little illustrations provided with each step.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2017 on: July 02, 2009, 09:41:57 pm »

Angel waved at the grumpy looking man behind the front desk who much to Cain's surprise smiled and waved back. "Hi Sweets we are back and we brought you presents."  There was mewing and scratching on the drawbridge as Sweets let them know she wanted out now. Angel pulled the cord and had a tentacled fuzzball rubbing against her legs almost instantly.  "This is good food, See the kitty in the picture likes it."  She opened the clear strange top and little pellet things fell on the grass.  Sweets wasn't too sure what to think of them.

Helena rested her head on his shoulder.  "Tell me if you need another, I would be happy to oblige.  We aught to see about getting back to the ship. As nice has this place is It isn't home."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2018 on: July 02, 2009, 10:19:54 pm »

Sweets sniffed the pellets curiously, chewing on one as if testing it. Sweets immeditely took to the pink-colored pellets, devouring them one by one with feline zeal. His tail flicking as he gobbled up the pellets one by one, mewling hapilly.
"Wow. I guess he really does like it." Cain marvelled as sweets  emptied the container, licking the bottom of the container until its head was stuck within.
Sweets gave a pathetic, muffled mew.

"I suppose you're right, though I will miss this serenity." He sighed, sitting up and putting his shirt back on. "Will you be the one to wake miss Lighton up or will it be me? I've seen her before her tea, she isn't exactly sweets."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2019 on: July 02, 2009, 10:51:44 pm »

Angel giggled. "Silly kitty that is not a hat."  She very gently pulled Sweets head out and the cat cleaned itself acting like it hadn't been stuck at all to get some of its dignity back.  "Lets make the mousy go Cain."  Angel wanted to see how the shiny pink mouse worked. 

"No she really isn't. She is the only person I know that can make sleepy grunts a language.  You go poke the bear I need to get cleaned up if we are going to leave any time soon."  Helena pulled herself up from the floor and wandered off to the bathroom. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2020 on: July 03, 2009, 04:15:49 am »

"Well, that was nice," Dreyfuss said. "I had better get dressed, that vest and the coat fit the wings pretty well, but sometimes the wings aren't very cooperative." He went over to the couch and unrolled the coat and vest, and struggled into the vest. As promised, the wings began putting up a fight as soon as he tried to pull the vest on. " I don't think they like the vest, even though i had it altered to accommodate them," he said. He grunted rhythmically several times, and finally managed to get the wings through the wing-slits. he let out a  sigh when he got the vest on, and then began buttoning it up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 05:55:51 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2021 on: July 03, 2009, 05:01:31 am »

Emma spent a small amount of time each morning quietly recognizing her tool pockets.  That and copious amounts of tea are what got her feeling awake and alive.  This was a truely good morning.  Their room was full of small getting ready sounds and Cleo turning the pages of her book as if looking for something.  "Hisssp." Cleo said as she reached whatever she was looking for.

"What do you have there miss Cleo?"  Emma asked feeling cheery.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2022 on: July 03, 2009, 05:59:33 am »

Cleopatra turned the book around gently with her amazing prehensile tail, and pointed with the tip at the picture on pg. 304 :A large Albino Asp that looked so much like Cleo and Rosie that it could have been either of them that posed for the photograph (minus Cleo's Wings, that is).
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2023 on: July 03, 2009, 06:22:22 am »

"I see this may be this world's version of you, Right?" Emma asked half under the bed.  Her shoes had wandered off again and taken the socks with them.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2024 on: July 03, 2009, 06:40:30 am »

Sigmund knocked on Angel and Cain's door, rousing them from their playful follies. Cain picked up sweets who chewed on the rubber mouse kicking her legs into the air as her mechanical victim squeaked its mechanical sqeaks of defeat.
Cain knocked on Emma's door.
"Miss Emma? I think we might need to go soon. We don't know when the next George fragment will show itself. And I think miss Arachne may get worried that Angel is not back. We usually take less time to return."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: