The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 23, 2019, 02:36:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 127425 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1925 on: June 26, 2009, 06:21:18 pm »

Emma put down her torch and walked over to Dreyfuss.  "Those look fine. I think if Helena and Sigmund are able to find lumber we may just be able to get back in the air quickly."  All of a sudden there was the smell of roses and petals falling sourceless from the sky.  Emma found herself unable to move as a tall hansom looking man in a tuxedo and a small mask appeared behind her. 

"The grand countess Emilia has sent me to stop you meddling. I will be taking this mouse with me to ensure your good behavior." He said grandly.

Emma looked very closely at the face behind the mask.  "George?"

The man looked down at her confused.  "I am Tuxedo Kuro."

"It is George! Someone get the locket from my room quick."   Emma shouted but it was too late the petals started to swirl again and she vanished along with George.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1926 on: June 26, 2009, 06:32:04 pm »

Cain had seen where the pillow had hit and only chuckled as Angel panicked and vibrated upon the heart-shaped bed.
"Don't worry Angel. I'll save you!" He proclaimed like a valiant knight, pressing the off switch on the wall and putting a halt to the bed's vibrations.
"There you go, all better."

"Why yes, yes I did!" Sigmund feigned improvisation. Jeniko smiled approvingly, nodding alongside him. He placed the thornless-rose in Helena's hands and kissed her deeply, being sure to make a show of their little display.
One by one patrons began to head towards the flower shop entrance, causing Jeniko's face to brighten up.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1927 on: June 26, 2009, 06:57:36 pm »

"My Cain is so smart. You always know how to make things better." Cain found himself being snuggled like an over sized teddy bear. 

Sweets looked shocked all of a sudden.  "Angel-chan the clockwork empire is near you must transform!"

Angel petted Sweets on the head and went right back to cuddling Cain. It was obvious she had no idea what Sweets was talking about.

"Come on let's go have dinner."  Helena said taking Sigmund's hand.  As soon as they were out of sight Helena broke in to a grin. "I haven done that in years.  The dock rats an I used to put on little performances like that to get favors from notoriously stingy vendors." They walked in to the restaurant.  "I think we managed to boost Jeniko's sales a good bit judging by the line outside of her shop."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1928 on: June 26, 2009, 08:28:00 pm »

"So you have!" Paturiku said excitedly, looking out the window to marvel at the display, And at the front of the flowershop he saw a sight that made his heart sing. Jeniko with a bright, happy smile on her face.
"My friends I will be glad to supply you with anything you need, entirely on the house!"
He turned and headed for the cold storage room, the walls piled high with crated and barrels of dried, pickled, frozen. and dry-aged consumables of all fashions. A gear-shaped mark on hiis wrist began to flash beneath his sleeve.
"You two may take whatever you want I must go! It is a rather urgent matter!"
He pushed past the two, vanishing into the alley. Jeniko vanished as well, leaving behind a single cherry blossom.
"That's odd.." Sigmund said, scratchign his head.

"Wait. Sweets, what about this clockwork empire?"
Cain seemed far more interested than Angel.
"Were they the ones that made that big monster?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1929 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:56 pm »

"I think this whole place is odd.  Lets get some food back to the ship before Emma gets really cranky." Helena said gathering some tea and some other easy to eat looking foods.

Sweets nodded gravely which looked very odd for a cat. "Yes I am afraid so. They come from the planet Metalaina and are trying to stop out love and coat the entire universe in their soulless machines.  Magical princess Angel-chan was created by the light princess Emelia to combat them but she was lost to the darkness before Angel was completely finished and now Emelia has been corrupted and is working for them. So you can see why Angel-chan must fight." 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1930 on: June 26, 2009, 09:41:47 pm »

Dreyfuss was somewhat at odds with himself about what to do.He wanted to alert the others, but everyone was gone; the only people whom he could call were Angel, maybe Cain if he were lucky, and Nadya, whom he didnt want to disturb, as she had so selflessly guarded the ship, and deserved a rest. He decided to try to call this world's George, as futile as it seemed. He had a vague sense of unease about calling cain or angel; he wasnt sure why. George of this plane! I ask that you heed me! Please Return Our Emma Lighton, Whom you have accused of interfering

Tuxedo Kuro, HEAR ME!

There was no response. Not from anyone.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:33:43 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1931 on: June 26, 2009, 11:39:07 pm »

"Angel this seems king of serious. Maybe this Clockwork empire is what made that big lizard. We should probably tell miss Emma!"
He stood up, emerging from his burial mound of pillows, carrying sweets in his arms.
"We need to tell miss Emma! If there' is another Emma, there has got to be another George nearby! Come Angel, we have the room reserved we can return to it afterwards!"
He felt rather guilty for pulling her out of the soft comfort of the bed, but this could be an emergency!

Sigmund shuddered, something definately did not feel right.
"Maybe we should follow that chef." Sigmund said looking out the window, attmepting to spy the fleeing young man.

Paturiku emerged from the shadows into the clockwork throneroom. The floor was the face of a massive, terribly precise clock with millenium, eon, decade, and era hands, not including the dangerously fast moving millisecond hands which spun around like dangerous spinnign swords beneath them. Each subject of the queen was perched upon a platform at the end of one of the many hands.
The knight of hours Paturiku emerged at the tip of the hour hand, his loose black shirt and pants melting away to form a suit of brass-colored armor and a gear-shaped sheild.
The maiden of Minutes, Jeniko appeared from within a steel blossom clothed in an outfit made of brass leaves. A  segmented rapier with a flower-bud shaped guard was sheathed at her side.
"You called us, my queen?" Paturiku bowed deeply, trying his best to keep his stare at the floor and not at the maiden perched inches away.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1932 on: June 27, 2009, 12:16:51 am »

"Bye fishies we will be back later." Angel called as they rushed out of the room. Cain got a frown on his face that worried Angel.  "What is wrong?"

Helena took Sigmund's hand and they were off and running. "I just got word from Dreyfuss that Emma has been kidnapped. This is too much to be a coincidence."  They found a shimmering portal in the back of an alley and tried to enter it but the bounced off. "Got any ideas?" she asked rubbing her backside from where she fell.

A small slender woman appeared in the center of the clock with a sweeping back piece made of clock hands.  She was clothed in midnight black with a single golden key around her neck. "My dear Tuxedo Kuro has brought me back one of the team responsible for our latest defeat."  There were hushed gasps as a rather confused looking Emma encased crystal appeared in the air.  "With her we have our pure heart that can open the golden gate that protects this world.  Soon this entire galaxy shall be ours as is should be.  But that blasted Angel-Chan must be stopped before we put our final plan in to action.  If she sticks her nose in here we could lose our chance."     
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1933 on: June 27, 2009, 01:38:29 am »

"Because those strange little children that live in the clamshell in my pocket keep telling me that a clockwork knight is going to try and kill us!"
He looked almost as upset by the news as he was upset at the fact that he actually understood every part of that senteance and he was still perfectly lucid.
"Angel I think you might need to transform or grow wings or whatever it is that magical stick of yours can do!"
It was obvious Cain knew something else she didnt, and it upset him.
Cain didn't want to tell her the little clamshell fairies had also told him they had Emma. He didn't want her to panic, he didn't want her bearing that sort of greivous load.

"Then we will destroy her once and for all." The knight of hours stood tall, drawing his sword, it's gear-pattern guard shining in the sparse light.
"I will not allow her to foil us when we are so close to victory!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1934 on: June 27, 2009, 04:30:38 am »

Well, that was about as useful as mud in a teacup, Dreyfuss said to himself. So much for sending to ol' George.

Still no sign of Nadya. I guess I'd better do a finder's search, he thought. I wonder if the others are already there...

Nadya? Angel? can anyone hear me?

Apparently, he could no longer send or receive... he hoped he could still find...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:55:51 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1935 on: June 27, 2009, 07:22:32 am »

Angels mental contact was like having a sunbeam in your head.  "Don't worry Dreyfuss. Me and Cain are going to go fight the bad people and then you can come to our room and see the fishies and my castle.  I can make it nighttime there it is neat."  The communication was cut off as Angel became Magical princess Angel-chan. "My blinky bracelet thing says that the bad people are here."  She took Cain's hand and led him down an ally were they nearly ran over Sigmund and Helena.  "Hi Sigmund, Hi Helena lady. We need to get in that swirly thing."

"Angel-chan you can unlock it all you have to do is say..."  A figure clad in shiny metal kicked Sweets before she could finish her sentience.

"You hurt my kitty!" Angel was very angry.  "Sugar sugar heart bomb!" she yelled out barraging him with pink explosions.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1936 on: June 27, 2009, 07:49:47 am »

Paturiku stumbled backward, the flurry of pink blasts bursting along his metal armor. He swiung the hefty blade of his broadsword at Angel,  the blade narrowly missed her flesh, slicing at the material of her pink uniform. Cain and Sigmund placed their hands on their respective trinkets, engaging their transformations. Cain had thankfully stayed his normal size, though the punch he delivered to the clockwork knight's chest revealed he in fact retained his giant's strength. The sallet of the clockwork knight fell away, revealing the face of the chef who had so desperately asked for their help earlier.
"I will destroy you, you infernal pink whelp!" He forced himself upright with his blade.
"You have no reason to keep fighting. Just surrender!" Sigmund said, cracking his knuckles, his improbable helmet flashing in the hallway lights.
"I have EVERY reason to fight! The queen has promised me the hand of the steel rose.  I will not let my wishes be destroyed by the likes of you!!"
Paturiku roared, charged foreward, thrusting his sword widly.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1937 on: June 27, 2009, 08:12:53 am »

Helena looked incredulous at Paturiku.  "Why do you need your Queen to give you Jeniko's hand?  If you are a real man you will fight for it your self.  If she is just a prize for good behavior I hardly see how your love can mean anything."  Her words were as fierce and cutting as his blade.

"I know you." Angel said as her anger dissipated like a summer storm.  "You don't want to hurt us. I don't think your queen wants to hurt us either.  You are just mixed up but don't worry I will make you all better."  Angel started to sing Patrick's song and the microphone amplfied it and made sure he could not escape even after putting his hands over his ears.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1938 on: June 27, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »

"What are you...ARGH!"
Patrick's song peirced the layer of dark intentions which surrounded the true light of the clockwork warrior. Her song permeated his being, driving away the darkness brought on by a misguided search for a woman's affection,
The clockwork knight stumbled, falling backward into the floor with a mighty crash. His sword clattered as it hit the wood floor.
"Is he...?" Cain prodded the unconcious knight with his foot.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1939 on: June 28, 2009, 03:34:50 am »

Angel made a hushing gesture. "He is sleeping. When he wakes up from his nap he will be all better. Let's go help the others.  How do we open the door Sweets?"

Sweets looked no worse for ware.  "Say Sugar twinkle key and we should be able to enter."

"Ok." Angel said and after a bunch of colored bubbles and a light show later there was a door made our of fine black filigree.  "Oooh pretty."  Inside the door was very dark but Angel went in anyway.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1940 on: June 28, 2009, 03:49:50 am »

Dreyfuss followed the last-felt direction of Angel's voice, and said as he started out, "All Right, Angel," a definite smile in his mental voice. He was determined to find them anyway, just to be sure he wasn't losing one of his most basic talents. There is no other way to describe what he did, then, than to say that he simply followed his nose, and made his directional decisions on how a route "felt." it was the sort of tracking that only a white flamer, or a psi gifted person, could hope to perform.

He eventually came, in this odd pilgrimage,  literally to the point of illumination: the high window in the wall directly behind the throne of Grand Countess Emilia. As he tested the panes of the window, an entire panel of panes swung soundlessly inward, and he crept in, to stand beside the window and swing the panel shut just as soundlessly, and survey the arcane-looking clockwork throne room  below as he eased the aether rifle out of his possibles bag. He saw a woman standing in the middle of the clock.  Ill just bet she's the leader, he thought. if I can check her... he raised the aether rifle and took aim... and then a door appeared in one wall. Dreyfuss shuffled over sideways to stand amongst a grouping of angels (or at least, winged individuals) carved from plaster and posed such that he was able to huddle behind them, with wings wide open, and look like part of the plaster tableaux. as he carefully aimed again. He watched as someone entered...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:00:30 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1941 on: June 28, 2009, 04:39:18 am »

"Look I think we went the right way.  I mean we are not up side down anymore and think that must be a good thing." Helena's voice filtered out from the open door. 

Angel had been walking out ahead of them and wandered causally in to the clock room and looked at the Grand Countess Emilia with her head cocked to the side. "Why are you here Emma lady and why are you wearing those funny clothes?"

The woman dressed in black smiled.  "Look above us. You are too late Angel-Chan. The golden gate is open and soon this world will be ours.  Your friend is gone, A sacrifice for a grater good.  Now no one will ever know heartbreak, no one shall ever lose their love again.  We shall all live happily under the sheltering wing of Metalaina.  I will show you the truth."  Grand Countess Emilia aimed a black ball of swirling energy at Angel. While she had been speaking black vines had grown to hold Angel in place and now there was no escape.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1942 on: June 28, 2009, 04:49:48 am »

Dreyfuss' aether rifle went SCREEEAANNNNNNCHHHHHHHHH and the wand was blasted to a million fragments, as the Other Emma was whirled about and flung from her throne.

"EVERYBODY FREEZE, Dreyfuss shouted, OR HER MAJESTY GETS IT!" he fired a lesser bolt at the floor next to Angel, shattering the vines that held her and Cain.

"Cain, you wanna cover or go get Miss Emma?" Dreyfuss called down from the winged ones gouping.
"Your choice"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:57:00 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1943 on: June 28, 2009, 05:16:36 am »

Angel was starting to worry because neither the Emma lady in the sky or the strange one on the floor were moving. She wandered over to the one on the floor and opened her eyes.  "Wake up Emma lady!" The other Emma's eyes were blank and she was still.  "I think Emma lady is broken."  Angel looked at Dreyfuss in tears.  Something huge and metallic appeared in the shimmering golden portal above and tried to claw Angel. 

It was stopped by the cane of Tuxedo Kuro. "Give me back my queen."  He shouted.

A horrifying roar of a voice came out of the metal monster.  "I have devoured them and soon you and this entire planet will be joining her."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1944 on: June 28, 2009, 05:32:50 am »

Not withiout a fight we're not! Dreyfuss yelled, changing over to the flame being.

"Angel, that shot should not have killed her," he said,  gliding down to the floor. This thing must have their lifeforce. If they are broken, then its my fault, not yours," he said, sadly. he hefted the locket. "Somebody has to do this. Its my fault it happened, so I guess that means I have to make it right. Sweets, I have no idea how to do this. Do you have any advice to offer?" Dreyfuss asked, still feeling funny about asking the cute lil' commodore cat, abrubtly and acutely remembering that he had once nearly blasted the adorable feline to smithereens, thinking he was an ally of the cold ones.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1945 on: June 28, 2009, 05:55:30 am »

Cain lept in front o Angel, the visor of his helmet gleamed with a flash of green light as he held his arms out to defend his Angel.
Sigmund ran to the unconcious Emma, dragging her to a secluded corner.
"Who in the blazes are you?"
Cain demanded to know who this well-dressed shadow was. However answers could wait. He ripped away the black vines with his giant's strength, freeing Angel from their bonds.

As Dreyfuss' gun [ressed against the queen's temple, a blade pressed against the back of his neck.
"You shall not harm the queen." The soft, floral voice of Jeniko now was as sharp as thorns.
"I cannot allow boorish fools like you desroy her dream of a world full of flowers."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1946 on: June 28, 2009, 06:13:05 am »

"I am Tuxedo Kuro I fight for my dear queen who saved me from the void.  This creature has taken her from me and I shall not allow it."  The voice was odd and a little pompous but most definitely George.  He charged forward to fight the monster but was tossed in to a wall like a piece of crumpled paper.

Sweets ran to stop Cain from trying where Tuxedo Kuro failed. "We can't stand against it in this form." Sweets was worried. "If we can close the gate we can stop some of it's power flow and we may stand a chance of beating it." 

She walked over to Angel. "I know you are sad but your friends need you."  Angel wiped the tears from her eyes and nodded.  "Take the key from her neck and hold it up at the portal and say the magic words alright."

"Ok Sweets." Angel held up the key and the hulking metal beast started to charge at her hoping to stop her before she could say the words.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1947 on: June 28, 2009, 06:22:41 am »

Cain stood in front of Angel, bracing himself for impact, though the creature never hit him.
The towering figure of the knight of hours prevented it's attack. His feet dgging into the ground as the metal beast continued to push at it.
"Say the words now Angel!"
The knight commanded, using both his arms to sheild himself from the blow though his joints creaked and the steel of his sheild began to bend and yeild to its force.
"You will NOT harm them!"  He roared, pushing downward, burying the beasts' head into the ground, hindering it for a moment.
"NOW ANGEL!" The knight roared.

The rose of minutes was knocked away from Dreyfuss, sent reeling into the air by a familiar crimson fist. The flowing green of Sigmund's scarf was caught in Drefuss' preiphiral vision.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:25:39 am by Nigel Wetherby » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1948 on: June 28, 2009, 06:35:18 am »

"Sugar twinkle key!" Angel screamed. A beam of light went from the key to the portal closing it with the sound of a door being firmly locked.  The key turned in to golden dust in Angel's hand.  The monster screamed and plowed through the knight of hours.  "Jen lady stop being mean and come help your Patrick."  Angel said firing a blast of little pink hearts at the monster that was trying to rip the gear shaped shield out of Paturiku's hands by taking the arm along with it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1949 on: June 28, 2009, 06:39:07 am »

Thanks sigmund! dreyfuss shouted.and took Jeniko's attack head on. Dreyfuss reached forward and took hold of Jeniko's sword with his bare hand, he was not able to fold or break it,  but it did not slash the flame being's hand. He pushed it away despite Jeniko's efforts to keep it at ready, and stood up and faced her. I would not harm any lady if given the choice, miss...Jeniko, is it? Most of my kind--privateers, or at least I used to be one -- wouldn't stop at it, but I'm different, or I try to be. You can't harm me with that toadsticker when I'm in this form, and you'll only harm yourself if you try. Why not work together to save both our Emmas? He attempted to reason with Miss Jen's counterpart. Come on, miss minutes,, quit the kebab chef schtick, he thought. we're just killing our respective Emmas doing it this way.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:45:00 am by MWBailey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: