The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 25, 2019, 01:28:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 128199 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1875 on: June 23, 2009, 02:50:46 am »

Angel tackled Cain and gave him a shower of kisses.  "Did you see the big heart thing I did.  This world is neat."  Angel had long hair now that was done in to long swinging pigtails and she had an outfit that looked like a sailor suit got in to a fight with some scissors and sheered most of the skirt off.

Helena was rather shocked when her own outfit changed in to very short shorts and a shirt with far too many buckles and even more holsters. "I think I will give whoever made me wear such demeaning clothes a talking to."

"At least your voice works properly." Emma grumbled her skin had turned an odd shade of gray and she was not happy.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1876 on: June 23, 2009, 03:15:12 am »

"Well, it's nice to not have my tentaces, they tend to get a little impatient when I wear outfits like this. But then again, knowing this world, perhaps it's best for everyone if I didn't have them..." He blushed, recalling the terribly lewd illustrations Commander Gejiro Kei would have on hand at seemingly all times on his world.
"I say, Miss Emma, you look a bit gray in the temples! Have you been getting enough to sleep?"
He laughed lightly to himself, silencing immediately as she flashed him a glare as sharp as a cutalass blade.
"Er...right then, let's find the George shard!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1877 on: June 23, 2009, 03:29:48 am »

Dreyfuss had shrunk back down to normal size, bt he still felt anything but normal. he landed on the roof beside the Boheme, his wings folding into the back of the coat that he wore. It was a wonderful  coat, he reflected, he just didn't understand why it had two such gigantic self-loading pistols in the inner pockets, or why it had to be a shade of blood-red that hurt the eye to look at, or why he was suddenly wearing shrouded mountain-climber's glasses, and the hat... he wondered if he really looked as ridiculous as he thought he did. He continued to wonder about that as he joined the others, and his worst fears were confirmed when he saw the looks on their faces.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:49:40 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1878 on: June 23, 2009, 03:49:34 am »

"I hope it is close because we aren't going very far with the ship like this." Emma frowned the others got new powers and she got a speech impediment and premature aging.  "We aught to find a place to stay and then see what we can find in the morning."

Angel was testing a theory, she walked over to Dreyfuss and noticed Cleo curled around his neck.  "Hi Cleo lady can you talk here cause Sweets can."

Helena gave Sigmund a looking over.  "You look nice.  I wonder why we changed tho.  I mean we didn't sprout ears in the cat world."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1879 on: June 23, 2009, 04:32:19 am »

"I think it is because those worlds were far more solid. This world feels more malleable, like a drawing or someone's imagination. Perhaps the world of singing felines was in fact Angel's Imagination taking form in a pocket universe of her own creation. That reality felt just as insubstantial as this one. Perhaps the D hopper is able to enter the collective unconcious as well as other universes."
Sigmund stroked his chin, seeming to admire the thread count of the fabric of the universe. His golden eyes boring into space for just a moment.
"Perhaps whatever made that beast might know where the George fragment is..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1880 on: June 23, 2009, 05:02:17 am »

Helena thought for a moment Sigmund had a good point.  "Well we can follow the trail of destruction and see where it lead us.  As large as that thing was it must have left a hell of a path."

Emma shook her head unsure.  "You want us to go chasing after a giant monster in the dark, in a country we have no idea is hostile or not?"

"Hello Angel" Cleo said sticking her head out for petings.
"Yay you can talk."  She turned back and looked a little sad. "Cain I tried really hard to make him go away but the monster broke our house and I don't know how to fix it."  Angel loved the ship a lot and got rather upset when it was damaged. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1881 on: June 23, 2009, 05:22:46 am »

Cain, Miss Emma, can the Boheme be fixed here? I still have my envelope thread and the bone and brass needles, and the brass hammer...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1882 on: June 23, 2009, 05:29:09 am »

"I doubt Logic has much bearing seeing as how Cain grew to the size of Big Ben, I randomly contracted the outfit of an acrobat pretending to be a clipper pilot, and Angel sprouted confectionary super powers and a talking feline."
Sigmund stared down the destroyed path left behind the reptillian offender.
"Well how do we follow it? Our  airship is way too damaged to fly. Well of course we could always get Cain or Nadya to grow and carry us around on his shoulders!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1883 on: June 23, 2009, 05:42:29 am »

"Most of the ship can be patched up quickly with the right materials but some of the engine parts are going to have to be remade and that is going to take a machine shop.  I have no idea if we can even find one here and the d hopper wont work if we are still because we run the risk of getting caught on the edge of the world and ripping ourselves to shreds." Emma was very frustrated at the damage the monster caused.

Helena looked around them and smiled. She had a plan. "We shouldn't use them unless we need them.  I get the feeling we should use the element of surprise if we can.  After all if this is a hostile fragment we don't want to risk it running away or blowing us up.  I think we should fly.  We can easly scan the ground and keep out of sight that way."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1884 on: June 23, 2009, 05:44:48 am »

"I could carry one person," Dreyfuss said.

Cleo said, "are you sure, hunter-man? Eggmother said you had a big heart, but that your strength kept giving out in Siberia."

"Rosie said all that, did she?"

"Yes, and she said seh was really worried about you the night that Irene first showed up. she saw them hauling you up with your rappelling rope. eggmother said you looked like you were wounded."

"I was half-frozen after burning that clown. I never did manage to completely kill the villain, either, damn his eyes."

"Anyway, I can carry one ...okay, okay, one smaller person." he acquiesced, and Cleo lay her head next to his ear and snuggled in as he petted her.just behind the head.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1885 on: June 23, 2009, 06:41:12 am »

"You can take me, Cain and Angel can follow us." Emma said "If we run in to any trouble at all I wasnt you to brake off and fly back here.  We have no idea what other monsters maybe lurking out there."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1886 on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:11 am »

"Very well, Miss Emma." Dreyfuss said, and shifted his weapons such that there was a weapon-free area in front of his person, and prepared pick Emma up "unless you'd prefer my back, miss Emma.In the end, they decided to try the frontal carry and to switch to the back if necessary. At some point, Dreyfuss' clothing had reverted back to Standard RTAF field Dress, and all his regular weapons were back, which made it easier to arrange his clothing and to put weapon within easy reach.

And so they set off, with Emma "aboard" Dreyfuss in the lead, followed and swooped around by Angel and Cain as they proceeded. he had found a spare belt in the possibles bag (once again, by simply thinking of it), and had used it to bind Emma to him at the waist level, running his arms under hers and clasping his hands over her chest. He found, as had George when he was whole, that Emma was almost not a burden at all.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1887 on: June 23, 2009, 03:07:33 pm »

The land below teamed with people but almost none of them looked up and those that did were not worried of those flying over them.  "What a strange country this is."  The path was clear and easy to follow for about ten miles out of the city and in to the residential areas and then it vanished abruptly.  "I don't understand this." Emma called from below.  "All the destruction just stops.  If it was the end of the trail I could understand but this is where it was coming from.  The footprints start here like it was dropped out of the sky.  I just don't know what to make of it."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1888 on: June 23, 2009, 04:48:54 pm »

"Maybe the beast was dropped like a bomb from an airship?" Sigmund proposed, looking up to the sky to find any traces of any arial threats. Naught but clouds floated listlessly above them amid a blue sky.
"Well I doubt we'll find much now. Whomever dropped the monster or summoned it probably left amid the panic and destruction. At least I think there was panic, to be honest the people seem a tad...what's the word?"

"Jaded?" Cain interjected.
"They do seem rather unimpressed by the display we just preformed." Cain said ponderously.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1889 on: June 23, 2009, 07:51:06 pm »

"I don't suppose there could be an underground complex the beast rose up out of, could there?" Dreyfuss proposed. "It'd have to be awfully big to acommodate that thing, but it would explain a few things; or perhaps it's teleporting  in, like Esmond and Miss Julia?"

Back at home in the Boheme's own London, The best swordsmen of the troop complement of the St. Elmo were teachng the older students, and those deemed by Mr. and Mrs. O'Landry to be mature enough to handle the responsibility, in the proper use and techniques of the smallsword, saber, and cutlass, while Mina Scofield instyructed another group in basic airship navigation and operations.

Some of the White flamers among the crew who were novices or complete beginners with their abilities were taking introductory courses, both to learn to control them, as well as determine if they woul d be able to use them aggressively against an enemy or an attacker.

Private Carmann Wesson was teaching basic fencing to a mixed group of boys and girls; Robert, the young fellow who had reforged Dreyfuss' sword, was turning out to be a better swordsman than the teacher, much to the glee of the rest of the group, and the dismay of the teacher, whose sword spun away into the midmorning sky, to stick point-first into the turf of teh front lawn. "Robert..."
Yes, Private Wesson?

"um...why, exactly, did you take this course?

"well, I figured the crewof teh Saint Elmo would know more about swordsmanship Than I do, sir."

Wesson thought for a moment about how to turn the situation to the advantage of the rest of the group. Alright, then, You seem to know as much as i do; any more an dwe'd hav eto bump ui up, so why don't you help me out, then? lessee, okay, ladies and gents, letw have yu form into... he counted the numbers of boys and girls, and then all of the children together, "pairs, and use what you've learned already; we're not going for killing blows, yet. concentrate on th edisarming you'v ealready seen. Robert and I will come around and observe you and give help or step in and instruct where necessary, all paired up? good. then, begin..."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:29:59 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1890 on: June 23, 2009, 09:21:02 pm »

"Well either way we aren't going to find our answers here and I don't think we are going to find a shop open to get repairs done tonight.  Not to mention we don't even know if they will have comparable technology. What we need is a place we can call home until the ship is fixed. I don't think roosting on a roof top is the safest place."  Emma was rather frustrated.

"Why don't we go back to the ship and start from there?"  Helena said trying to calm Emma down.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1891 on: June 23, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »

"Emma, if you wish, I can contact Jock, and have him and Esme bring the Saint Elmo through and tow us home after we find the fragment, or before then at your discretion. it is part of our job, after all; or perhaps we could have Nadya bring them through, or perhaps even take us home afterward," Dreyfuss suggested," in any case i agr4ee with Miss Helena, perhaps it would be best to return to the ship and figure things out from there."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1892 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:49 pm »

"I don't want to being another ship in to this until I am absolutely sure that isn't what caused that monster to show up.  The last thing we need to do is create more chaos for the people of this world."  Emma let out a deep sigh.  "Lets go back so I can make a parts list at least."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1893 on: June 24, 2009, 02:01:41 am »

"Alright." Sigmund said stretching idly. "I will do my best to lend you some assistance miss Emma, though I'm not the best at the finer points of engineering.":
He turned towards Emma, giving her a woeful look with big, watery yellow-golden eyes.
"Maybe Helena could help me there?"
His voice suddenly became sugary sweet, something that not even helena could beleive was attainable by the cold-one hybrid.

"Emma," Cain began assailing the captain with his own soft-boiled eyes. "Could Angel and I do a little exloring? I promise we won't get into trouble!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1894 on: June 24, 2009, 02:38:16 am »

"I wouldn't dare part the two of you" Emma said smiling in spite of herself. 

Helena smiled and shook her head. "I had no idea you were so soft boiled." She said giving him a kiss.

"Take Sweets with you.  I have no idea why but she seems to be made to look after Angel and don't try to fight any monsters on your own.  Be back before dawn and don't let her fill up on sugar.  I think I saw a store with a big kitty statue outside. I bet Angel would like that."  Emma was very soft boiled herself when it came to Angel.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1895 on: June 24, 2009, 03:48:29 am »

"You may do as you wish, Nadya, I hop ethe wait wasn't too long," Dreyfuiss said. She had apparently remained behind and guarded the ship while the rest of them followed the tracks of the Giant Lizard, And Dreyfuss felt a little guilty about having simply chosen to carry Emma and leaving his leftenant alone. "Someone should stay here and guard the ship and Miss Emma, and you've already done a stint at guard duty."he turned and followed Emma into the engine room.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1896 on: June 24, 2009, 04:29:11 am »

"See this entire section was crumpled when that beast hit us and most of the pieces that are most damaged are the ones Patrick and I made ourselves.  Some of the bends and cracks can be repaired but we aren't going to be at full speed until I can find a proper lab." Emma turned to the other engine which looked like it was in much better shape. "If I could just copy those parts we would be set."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1897 on: June 24, 2009, 05:21:08 am »

"See this entire section was crumpled when that beast hit us and most of the pieces that are most damaged are the ones Patrick and I made ourselves.  Some of the bends and cracks can be repaired but we aren't going to be at full speed until I can find a proper lab." Emma turned to the other engine which looked like it was in much better shape. "If I could just copy those parts we would be set."

Well... some of those look like forged parts, some like cast pieces... now, those circular pieces there could probably be lathed; it'd be slow going, but a springpole lathe could do it, especially if I could use some of the rotary tools for parts... I think I saw an anvil back in a stores locker a couple missions ago; some of these look like they were forged in midair, though, without an anvil...that coil, there, that looks like tubing. Would it have to be the same size tubing?"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1898 on: June 24, 2009, 05:52:15 am »

"Well i have many talents you don't know about." Sigmund said with a wry, flirtatious taunt. He stuck out his tounge tauntingly before following Emma closlely, taking notes down on parts and required maintainence.

The streets were alive with flashing, multicolored lights and statues of vibrant characters. A massive plastic crab hung over the threshold of a large gray building.  In the center of the town two armored figres clashed in choreographed combat. The battle ending as the figure covered in black armor fell to the ground, submitting to a figure in armor much like that of a knights. Children clapped and cheered as the figure lifted his helmet, revealing the familiar face ofGejiro Kei, who Angel recalled from the time he brought rice balls to the anniversary of their victory of the cold ones.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1899 on: June 24, 2009, 06:04:04 am »

"No it can be different but then we would have to make couplings. If I remove some of the tubing from the cooling system we just may have enough."   Emma chewed on her thumb deep in thought.  I think we may have a prototype of one of Patrick's aether powered rotary tools.  It will be faster than a springpole lathe but we will have to be very careful about overheating it.  I may have some scrap metal we can work with but I don't know if it will be enough."

"Look Cain he can put on armor and fight bad guys just like you can."  Angel was very impressed. A figure in a sparkling gown appeared on stage to give her congratulations to the victor.  Angel's mouth hung open.  "Helena lady is a princess here just like me!"

On board the Boheme Helena sneezed but she attributed it to the dust in the jumbled storage locker.  "I found the anvil." Said anvil tried to fall out on her foot but she was too fast for it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: