The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 21, 2019, 01:38:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 126634 times)
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1850 on: June 21, 2009, 04:21:19 pm »

""Pancake hat indeed..." Sigmund said with embarassment hidden beneath the veil of annoyance. He placed the steaming flapjack down upon the plate, eating the humiliating pancake as he desperately held together what shards of dignity he still retained.
"Whatever world we travel to next, I suggest we attempt to blend in with the locals any way we can. Perhaps miss Emma could craft us some sort of device that could cloak us in a way so that we could resemble everyday folk."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1851 on: June 21, 2009, 05:36:54 pm »

Emma chewed on her knuckle "I may have a way to do that. Well if I can figure out how to keep it from making everyone have purple skin.  I was playing around with Trip's disguise box and managed top make a much smaller one but it is a bit tricky to set the punch cards right.  We will still have to scout out the locals but it might be a better way of doing things."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1852 on: June 21, 2009, 06:35:37 pm »

"Well if it's scouts we need I could go." Sigmund raised his hand. "I might look odd in this world, but I speak quite a few languages, plus I can read emotions and intentions. I could probably scout out anything crucial we need to learn about the culture. It may be another dimension, but it's still earth, so there can't be TOO many different factors, right?"

Cain found himself pondering what universe they might travel to next. Perhaps the next universe would have a counterpart to him that wasn't evil or fictional.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1853 on: June 21, 2009, 07:29:35 pm »

"Goodness I hope not.  I mean I would hate for us to end up in a completely inhospitable world. I think we should jump as soon has we clear away the breakfast things."  Emma sounded excited to see what the next world had to offer.

Angel helped clean things up extra quick, she just knew the next world would have mermaids. She tugged on Emma's dress. "See it is all clean. Can we go now Emma lady?"

"All right Angel calm down." Emma said with a smile.  "Alright everyone please take your places.  I am going to be starting transit soon." 

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1854 on: June 21, 2009, 07:35:29 pm »

Dreyfuss wasn't so sure the box would be such a wonderful idea.

He cleared his throat and said, Miss Emma, "I 'll go along with whatever it takes to get the job done. I just am not sure how you're going to mask 6 feet of Texian (me) and my accent. if 4 1/2 years in London haven't smoothed out my accent, I can't help but wonder what a disguise box would be able to do. And then there's these wings," he pointed his thumb back toward the for-now-quiescent wings on his back, for the moment at least lying flat behind the "wing sleeves" of his shirt and coat. "Sometimes they still have a mind of their own; gives me a whole new appreciation for Cain's and Angel's self-control," he said admiringly. "I don't fault your or Trip's workmanship, Emma, far from it, but I tend to do better out of a disguise than in one." he gathered up the jam, syrup and honey bottlesand handed them to Angel to be put in the cooling unit, then reached for a cup towel.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1855 on: June 21, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »

"I suppose we will have to see what the new world is like before we know if we can travel without cover in it." Emma said wiping a bit of syrup from Angel's cheek and leaving for the bridge.  Her voice filtered out of speaking tubes all over the ship. "Everyone get settled because we are on our way."   The normal pull was followed by a bright multicolored glow.  This was another place with tall buildings and it looked to be the depths of night because below them sparkled like a jewel. As they all ran to the portholes to look at this new place the ship stopped with a groan from the engines. Something had a grip on the rear of the ship.   
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1856 on: June 21, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »

Sigmund emerged onto the deck to look out into the open land beneath their ship. A pair of yellow eyes glared back at him, staring down like twin moons. Sigmund let out a scream of abject terror, though the scream was Muted out by the thunderous roar of a reptillian mammoth with skin like black rubber. A big, aquard looking creature looked down upon the Boheme. It's massive claws digging into the metal hull as if the ship were but a model made with  so much cheaply made plastic.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1857 on: June 21, 2009, 09:18:17 pm »

Dreyfuss Hung onto teh sink, still clutching the cuptowel, having forgotten about the ultrasound cleaning system, but still sent out whitefire feelers even as Nadya guided and stabilized the ship, looking for possible threats that might have gotten past Nadya or Emma's protection field. HE found, unexpectedly, a small yellow furball thing that had become lodged in on eof teh outside climate control intake grates; it spoke in single-word sentences in various tones, and  emitted high-voltage static bolts when he attempted to shoo it off the ship.

"come on, you Pokey little mug, get off the ship, we doin't need any alien fauna on board--ZAPPP!"arrrgghhhh..." He pulled the whitefire pistol, then, and fired a lightrope and grabbed the diabolically-cute yellow thingamabob and threw it out the hull doors. "heroic light rope attack! take that, you sawed-off yellow...whatever you were." What did I just say? Dreyfuss wondered to himself. talk about screwy... and then he found himself staring into gargantuan yellow eyes. "if that was your lil brother, you oughta be ashamed, lettin' him get sucked up like that!" He bellowed up at the thing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:53:25 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1858 on: June 21, 2009, 09:38:11 pm »

"Man the guns!"  Emma was very disturbed to watch her mouth form words and her voice come out later.  What kind of world was this?

"Magical princess Angel-chan you must transform." Angel poked at sweets who seemed to have a shiny star stuck to her forehead.

"Cain, Sweets is talking!" Angel was surrounded by bubbles and flower petals.

Helena was a bit confused when her clothes changed from her normal overalls to a shiny black bodysuit but she was rather happy that it came with some rather wicked looking guns. She grinned and wondered where Sigmund went.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1859 on: June 21, 2009, 11:40:11 pm »

Sigmund blushed bright red at the sight of Helena's skintight outfit. His own loose fitting, victorian garb had been replaced with a tight fitting suit of bright red. A flowing green scarf billowed in the air, though he could feel no wind. His sight was opbscured by a round, rather ornate helmet, the only lenses being two large domes resembling the compound eyes of some massive bug. His leather sheath and belt replaced with a black belt with a suprisingly large silver belt buckle.
"What in blazes!?"
Sigmund was amazed that he was able to speak and even breath despite the fact that the helmet encompassed his head entirely.

Cain looked on in amazement as his crewmates changed, the soft blue glow of his Aetherium heart seemed more pronounced now. And there was a mysterious weight in his pocket. He reached in and pulled out a clamshell, which promptly opened to reveal two miniature, identical asian girls.
"Kainu-san! You must transform into C-kaiser!"
Whereas Angel replied to her transformation requiest with delight, Cain could not stop himself from screaming. This was all way too much for the construct.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #1860 on: June 22, 2009, 12:27:05 am »

The doctor stood up and examined himself. His hat had disappeared! He now had overly spikey hair! "Blast! I had that hat special made!" He fumed as he started ripping out his own hair. It came out in thick sticks. "what in the devil?" He held a pile of hair-spears or some such. The doctor laid down on the floor, took out a bottle of pills and took a handful, then started counting loud and clear "1, 2, 3, 4, 5." Nothing changed. Hmm he though, When he got home he would have to get a stronger prescription. He had yet to notice the giant monster, or the fact he was no longer wearing his suit, but an awkwardly bright body suit.

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1861 on: June 22, 2009, 02:21:57 am »

Dreyfuss was rather annoyed that he could not stop seem to stop talking in a ridiculously booming basso voice, and that Nadya now had 3 eyes and the strangest damned sword he'd ever seen in his life; since when had steel been PINK!? HE pulled out his own sword, which had inexplicably relocated to his back becoming an ornate claymore, and and apologized when he accidentally bumped Cleo, who had become... nothing very unusual. save for the vermillion wings on her back...

His own wings had stayed much the same, except there was now a band of crimson next to the wing spars, so that he matched the Boheme, but now the tips of the brass feathers had what looked like tiny diamonsds set in their tips.  His uniform coat and braces and waistcoat had been replaced by yet another tight fitting bodysuit, this one sporting a huge silver buckle in the shape of a flame, and ... he looked sown, and thanked whatever beings ruled this plane that he had been supplied with a codpiece, albeit a ridiculously large one.

He turned and surveyed Nadya more closely, and came near to blushing when he saw her dark blue and emerald green on black skintight bodysuit. Her belt was a stereotypical Gypsy suspended-coin dancer's belt, complete with large and small gold and silver coins, and even a few small copper and brass bells.She wore silver stars and moons in her lovely dark hair, and her clockwork choker was like new, and gilded and silvered so that it glittered. She sidled up to Dreyfuss, for all the world as if she dressed like that every day, and slipped her arms around his waist.

Dreyf, you look amazing!
I look like a besotted trapeze artist, he sent back, but you... words fail me, Corazon.
I'm glad you like it. Just don't let it distract you...
too much
. she grinned impishly.
Nadya, I'd look at you like a lovestruck schoolboy even if you wore nothing but floursacks; surely you know that by now. But you are very, extremely beautiful right now
She rolled her eyes and breathed something about "men..." but she still squeezed him close in response.

And then the monster who had ahold of the ship bellowed...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1862 on: June 22, 2009, 04:32:37 am »

Sweets did a back flip and presented Angel with a glittery wand "Take this and say Heart Powers Activate!"

Angel wasn't entirely sure why sweets wanted her to that but she got a present and that was good.  "Heart Powers Activate?" She called out and was suddenly enclosed by a pale egg of light only to hatch out in a ruffled confection of a dress with tall boots, sparking gems, a crown with little wings on it, a pink microphone with a large glowing gem on top and hair that was pure white and nearly down to her back styled in swoops and ringlets. Angel spun around enjoying her new clothes. "Look Cain the shiny light made me all pretty."

Helena ans Sigmund were nearly tossed overboard as the giant lizard shook the ship.  "Eat blaster!" Helena shouted opening fire as soon as she had her balance back.  The gun fired an odd blast that wasn't quite real looking but caused explosions wherever it hit.

Emma was runing to the guns wondering what on earth was going on and hoping she ran in to someone soon.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1863 on: June 22, 2009, 04:59:19 am »

Sigmund wished he had been given a particularly threatening looking gun, but alas, the only weaponry he seemed to have were some rather nice looking knuckles and steel-toed boots. He tapped his belt buckle, wondering just what the hell the shiny buckle did. Angel got a light show and Helena got a pyrotechnic display in a gun holser and it seemed all he got was a stupid helmet and a nice looking scarf. However, his thoughts changed when his belt started to hum. A vigor unlike any other he had felt began to overtake him. He wound up and lept into the air, going far higher than he was expecting.
"Sig-raider kiiiiiiiiiccck!!!" Sigmund shouted, though he was not sure why he would yell out his attack. The declaration seemed to add to the force of the attack, bathing his extended leg in fire and delivering a crushing blow to the black scaled creature. Sigmund used the initial backfire of the attack to safley propel himself to the deck.
"Woah! I think I like this world!" Sigmund declared, cracking his knuckles.

The floating clamshell hovered beside Cain, the high pitched voices of the pixies within constantly telling him to summon C-Kaiser.
"Alright! I'll summon the bloody kais...ur...." His attention was immediatly drawn toward Angel who looked both appealing as well as flatout adorable.
"Well...nothing ventured I suppose." He shrugged, tapping his aetherium heart.
"Uh...Summon C-kaiser?"
Immediately the change began, Cain's face became sleek and silvery, causing him to resemble one of the ancient sculptures found within the bright one's tomb in which Angel was found. Within moments Cain was beside the massive, rubbery beast, the two now staring at eachother eye to eye.
"Bloody hell, Cain!" Sigmund cried out.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1864 on: June 22, 2009, 05:20:14 am »

Helena kept shooting and shooting but it didn't look like it was doing any good.  She let out a long low whistle when she saw Cain.  "We need to get one of those." The two monsters stared at each other for a moment and then the giant lizard let them go unfortunately it let them go to hit Cain and ended up knocking a chunk out of the hull.

"Hay you monster, stop hurting my house and don't hit my Cain" She pointed her microphone at the beast and the gem started to glitter.  "Love Love glitter blast!" she shouted not entirely understanding why.  Bubbles exploded from the end of the microphone and got in the monster's eyes popping with twinkling bits of light that blinded it.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1865 on: June 22, 2009, 05:28:58 am »

Cain stumbled back, landing into the ocean which seemed to him like a knee-deep trench. The recently enlarged construct refused to take this lying down and stood up, launching his fists foreward, letting them smash into the reptile's chest. The beast stumbled back, it's tail smashing into a few buildings that looked as if they were utterly hollow. The twin fairies spoke in their harmonised and by now, tremendously annoying voices.
"C-Kaiser! You must preform the Kaiser Blade!"
"How do I-!?" Cain was interrupted by a blast of blue fire to the chest, once more knocking him off his feet.
"Damnable little insects..."he grumbled.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1866 on: June 22, 2009, 05:48:26 am »

The Boheme was lurching badly and it was all Emma could do to stop it from falling out of the sky.  Part of the exposed hull had been caught on fire by the last blast.  "Sigmund our belt buckles are glowing." she was sure that they did something important but she couldn't think of what.

"What do I do now Sweets? The bad monster lit us on fire." Angel did not like that monster at all.

"Hold your microphone high and say Rain of kisses."  Angel followed the cat's instructions and suddenly it was raining but the water was pink and smelled like candy.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1867 on: June 22, 2009, 06:45:37 am »

Dreyfuss looked for his possibles bag, and found a pouch at his hip. he reached in and sighed in relief when his fingers closed around the butt of the Boat Gun. he pulled it out, and was shocked to see it transformed into a veritable wedding cake of a large-bore blunderbuss, all carved in arabesques and scenes of animals running around the barrel. While he gaped at it and tried to figure out what to do with it, Nadya, pro-active and intrepid and brave (and stunningly beautiful, at least to Dreyfuss' eyes) as always, sprang into teh air and shouted "TRANSLOCATE  AND TRANSFORM! and suddenly she was  as tall as Cain, and still more beautiful than anything Dreyfuss had ever seen before.

"Comodoro! CALL THE FIRE!" she shouted down to him. Dreyfuss, for no reason he could think of that made any bloody sense at all, suddenly shouted "GEAR FIRE OF HEAVEN!" and pointed the boat gun toward the black creature, pulled the trigger, and the giant Dark Zilloid was engulfed in White Flames. Dreyfuss then spread his wings and took to the air, not realizing until he landed on Nadya's shoulder that he hed transformed into teh Flame being; For some reason he wanted to scream aloud "I am Firebird!" but refrained, since he was in such close proximity to Nadya's ear.

Suddenly Nadya scooped him from her shoulder, and gave him a single, incredibly light smooch on his..well, everything, actually, she being so gigantic and he so tiny. HE blushed a dark scarlet, smiled, and looked shyly up at Nadya, a big, foolish grin on his face. Nadya laughed warmly and put him back on her shoulder again.

"don't fret, Mi Comodoro," she said softly -- well, thundered softly -- "Size is not everything!"

Dreyfus then remembered Cleopatra, and saw her flitting about , chasing small cuddly-looking creatures, and breathing fire?! HE flew down closer to investigate...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:27:06 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1868 on: June 22, 2009, 07:04:48 am »

Angel waved from the bow of the Boheme.  "You got big Nadya lady!"  The monster whipped hit tale around to strike at the newcomers and instead hit the ship hard. Angel was knocked over the side and Helena almost rolled off too but Sigmund stopped her just in time.

"I can't keep her in the sky!" Emma screamed nearly 30 seconds after her mouth had moved.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1869 on: June 22, 2009, 07:13:31 am »

Dreyfuss and Nadya gesticulated wildly, danced around,m and made utterly dramatic theatrical speeches, all without making a sound, and then their answer came: We'll be right there, Emma!"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1870 on: June 22, 2009, 05:10:40 pm »

Cain stood up, reaching outward to catch the falling Angel, placing her onto his shoulder  as deftly as possible. While Nadya battled the vicious Kaiju, Cain picked up the boheme from the air as if it were a toy.  He placed the ship safely atop a nearby hotel roof.
"Stay here, please." He urged the remainder of the crew who stayed on board. "I do not want to see you hurt by this beast."
He gently plucked Angel off his shoulder and sat her onto the safety of the deck beside Helena and Sigmund.
"I' will finish this." Cain stood up, straihtening himself before forming an L with his arms.
"Nadya, please move!" Cain cried out, his forearm glowing menacingly. Cain waited until the beast turned its back to him, distracted with grappling with the oversized gypsy.
"C-Kaiser blade!" Cain's voice reverberated through the air, shaking the earth as a sword of pure white light shot forth from his wrist  the whirling white edge boring into the back of the creature.
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #1871 on: June 22, 2009, 05:34:34 pm »

Nadya displaced just in time, leaving a blinding flash of black with strange dark bubbles in her wake before reappearing several meters away. This was a terribly odd world, she couldn't help but have fun though. A smirk painted it's way across her features as she sank into a natural battle stance. Curious as to just what she could do in this world, she surged her whitefire through her limbs and nearly jumped a mile— quite literally due to her enlarged stature— when she sent a black fireball the size of a zeppelin hurling from one hand and telepathically moved a building with the other.

From below, the people of this world glanced up at the two buildings she'd demolished before continuing on their way. An elderly gentleman sitting on a park bench feeding pigeons muttered under his breath, "Goddamn 'zillas," but beyond that, the actions of the crew seemed nothing out of the ordinary.

Nadya was still with shock as she surveyed the damage. Then, she let loose a low whistle, and said with great humor in her voice, "Oops," before giggling and bringing a giant hand to cover her blue painted lips as they curled into a smile.

"I think I like this world."

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1872 on: June 22, 2009, 09:57:05 pm »

The monster let out a shriek that drove Angel to her knees and black energy poured from the wound on it's back. "Angel-chan you must purify that monster or it will make all the people under it bad."  Angel nodded Sweets obviously knew what she was talking about. 

Words lept to her lips and she found herself spinning among bubbles "Sugar heart gorgeous meditation!" Angel yelled launching a pink heart the size of a train at the monster.  It let out another roar as the attack hit it and fell apart in to tiny drifts of pink light and silver sparkles. Angel's costume vanished in a glimmer of light and yelled at Cain. "You have to get little again.  You are too big to fit in the house."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1873 on: June 23, 2009, 12:24:17 am »

THUMP!
Dreyfuss rubbed the side of his head. That had hurt. who would thump him on the head like--!
THUMP!
he looked to his left, and Cleopatra said, "Firebird-Hunter Dreyfuss, Eggmother would be most displeased with your woolgathering! wake up, the little  people of this world need us!" Dreyfuss gaped after Cleo. "Y-you can talk?! Since when do you-- and he saw what Cleo meant; several children had clambered desperately to the top of a tall knoll as the monsters blood had rained down, and now the were on a rapidly-disappearing Island amid the corruptive ichor. He spread his wings, took off flat-footed, swooped up, and then down again, grabbing a sheet from a nearby clothesline.

He sent his whitefire coursing through the sheet, and it doubled, then quadrupled in size, and he used it to scoop up the children from the shrinking Island and carry them to the relative safety of the top of a small, squat hotel next to the trolley lines. Stay here, children, please, until we can clean up this mess and put everything to rights," he said, wondering why he thought they could set it all to rights... He swooped back up toward the Boheme on the roof of anothe rhotel or whatever it was, and helped Cleo carry a small boy up to safety; Cleo was doing fine, but she was beginning to look tired. When they set the boy down, she coiled around his shoulders and gasped awhile. Thankyou, Hunter-man, I was almost spent there for a moment. you must transform to your giant form, Dreyfuss! don't worry about me, I'll be fine."
"I'm not sure how to dio that, cleo,"
Dreyfuss said, feeling slightly odd about Cleo's having a voice.
"Just yell, Firebird Transform!"

"Er... FIREBIRD TRANSFORM!"

There was a sudden flash of light, and suddenly he was back in the same old proportions to Nadya and Cain, holding a boat gun big enough to use the Boheme for a projectile, and wondering at Cleo, who stayed the smae size, and flew up and slithered into a pocket on the front of his suit's top, poking her head out as if she were some kind of rubber snake toy.

"Well, this does have a certain element of fun. Ok, where's the enemy --!" Something else big bumped into him from behind...
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1874 on: June 23, 2009, 01:37:46 am »

"That may be a problem Angel...I'm not exactly sure how..."
The blue glow of his aetherium heart began to flicker before slowly shrinking the young construct down to his regular side beside Angel.
"That was...well eventful." Cain said with quite a bit of amazement as to  the fact that all of this had occured and the sound of Angel waking Cain up for breakfast did not occur subsequendly after.
"So this is definately not a dream. I did in fact transform into a giant bright one warrior and slice a big rubber lizard..."
"It looks that way." Sigmund replied, his costume seeming to fly apart revealing a form-hugging red shirt, leather jacket, and blue jeans. His hair had been fashioned into some outlandish style and for some reason a guitar had been strapped across his back.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: