The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 22, 2019, 01:26:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 126654 times)
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1775 on: June 12, 2009, 05:35:55 pm »

"Well, I don't think I've ever met anyone who did not like cake..It's practically a sure thing!"
A smile crept across his own face from the image created by Angel's imagination. The smile grew even wider as he realised Angel did this entirely to make her friend happy. This creature must have been proof of goodness within the universe, what else could explain such eagerness to make others happy with utter selflessness.

"Er..Well if its for my own safety." He hapilly lay down on the bed beside her, staring up at the celing rather obviviously, though the color of his cheeks stated this was in fact an act to hide his infatuation with the young woman now inches away from him.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1776 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:00 pm »

Angel had decided the pink cake machine was going to be run by hamsters in wheels.  Angel had always wanted one since she saw them in the labs but she was afraid Sweets would eat it.  As the ship shot through the aether Angel drew a more and more complicated contraption.

Helena took Sigmund's hand and snugged up close to him. "I think we are in for a rough ride and I wouldn't want you to fall off."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1777 on: June 12, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »

"Are those hamsters?" Cain said, examining the picture, chuckling at the whimsey of each little design and detail.
"Angel, your a fantastic artist, maybe we should show you how to use paints..."
The idea of Angel having acess to something that could get everywhere would have disturbed anyone who did not know Angel as he did.
"I bet you could be the next michalangelo.

Sigmund replied in kind, wrapping his arms around hers and giving her a deep, loving kiss. His cool, smooth lips pressing against her own.
"Well, I suppose safety is the top priority."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1778 on: June 12, 2009, 11:41:24 pm »

"I know paints, they are the pretty colored things that don't taste good even if it says chocolate brown on the outside." Angel remembered that lesson well."The hamsters make the wheels go, the wheels move the hands and the hands make the cake. George gets to try the cakes and make sure they are good and play with the hamsters when they get tired." All in all it was Angel's idea of a dream job.

They popped back in to London far too soon for Helena's taste. "We should rest a little while after all we have had a busy day." And she was only half wanting to indulge in his company she was beginning to get rather tired.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1779 on: June 12, 2009, 11:54:48 pm »

"Well Paint has alot of uses, sadly food is not one of them. But it can be used for plenty of other things, and has much better colors than crayons. With enough practice, a painter can make her picture leap off the painting. Not..literally of course but still it's a fantastic process which I think you may be perfect for."
He admired her picture of the ideal invention. Sweets eyed the images of the running hamsters with a hungry eyes, licking her chops as her tail flicked impatiently.

"I suppose it was. Getting second prize in a battle of mechanical prowess is a rather tiring affair isn't it?"
He stretched like a cat, giving a rather sqeaking yawn as his fingers curled tightly.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1780 on: June 13, 2009, 12:10:26 am »

"I want to learn that Cain.  I want to make pretty pictures for everyone." She put the finishing touches on the pink cake machine and wished that she could eat the yummy things in the picture.

She nodded sleepily in reply and then drifted off. When Helena slept she slept like a rock,she even failed to wake as they docked back at the labs.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1781 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:45 am »

"Well I think this picture will be perfect for miss Emma. She loves cake...I think."
He let her finish the picture, picking it up an examining it with a delighted smile. The image seemed to exude everything that made Angel herself.
"She will absolutely love it." He kissed her forehead. "It's just as good as that drawing you did of kitten Cain and puppy Angel playing in the garden."

Sigmund yawned mightily, slowly passing off into sleep.
Sigmund dreamt of a white palace floating amid the endless darkness of ever-expanding existance. White orbs of light flitted through the air like lazy fireflies. He looked down at his hand, which was bathed in an eerily serene light. Another being of purple light flashed him a feindish glare, speaking something in an ancient language he could only vaugly understand.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1782 on: June 13, 2009, 04:00:07 am »

"Lets go show her Cain!" Angel took his hand smiling with excitement. She ran up to the steering room nearly plowing in to Emma who was coming out.

"Goodness what is the matter."  Emma looked slightly worried.

"I made you a picture." Angel declared proudly handing the piece of paper to Emma like a precious gem.

Emma looked at it for a moment and then a smile bloomed across her face. "What is that brown thing in little George's pocket?" 

"A tired hamster. He is carrying it around until it feels all better. Making cakes is hard work." It was so very logical in Angel's mind. 

Emma hugged her close. "You are such a sweet girl."

Helena had discovered she had something squishy and warm in the bed with her and was currently wrapping it in a tangle of limbs. Her dreams were soft easily muddled things.  She would wake with the vague idea she had been a hound chasing something across a flower filled field.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1783 on: June 13, 2009, 05:08:05 am »

Sigmund awoke, feeling a sharp sensation of sheer awareness slicing through his mind. He held his forehead, feeling the warmth of Helena's embrace slowly bringing reality back around him like a warm blanket, sheilding him from the chill of the universe itself.
The world around him still existed, which gave him a much needed dose of releif. He let loose a releived sigh.

"Helena..."
He breathed her name, the sound of her name felt like a dream. Every golden syllable sounded like the waves of a sea of diamonds lapping against the endless beaches of his own self-doubt.

"Do you see why I love her so?"
Cain asked with a playful chuckled, wrapping hir arms around Angel's belly, kissing her cheek.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:12:09 am by Nigel Wetherby » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1784 on: June 13, 2009, 05:36:42 am »

Helena let out a sleepy grunt and pulled her human teddy bear closer. "s' not time to wake up yet." she muttered and burrowed in to the pillows.

"Yes I think I can.  How about we have some dinner it has been a long day and we have to get going first thing in the morning." Emma couldn't help but smile with those two around. 
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1785 on: June 13, 2009, 04:34:17 pm »

Sigmund decided helena had tha right idea and slowly slipped off into unconciousness, hoping the odd dream would not resurface.

Patrick sat in his room, legs folded. All was quiet as he sifted through his maker-files, his eyes clenched tightly as he dug into new corridors he had never bothered to search before, seeking answers.
The child of a bright one and a maker was sadly unheard of, even in the files of an all-knowing superculture. Patrick exhaled an annoyed sigh, pouting to himself as answers seemed to be at a shortage within the academy, which caused no end to the frustration of the young headmaster.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1786 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:45 am »

Emma enjoyed eating with Angel and Cain.  Angel babbled happily between bites and Emma found herself tweaking the pink cake machine and wondering if it would be possible to make for real.  As a special treat Emma went down to the lower freezers to get her personal stash of ice cream and tripped over something.  Rubbing her smarting shin she turned on the light to see what she had tripped over. She stared at the pile of twisted metal with a deep frown. "Helena Thomas what did you do to my prototype?"  She yelled walking up the row of cabins and pounding on Helena's door.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1787 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:41 am »

The pounding jarred Sigmund awake, Emma's shrill enraged tone making it obvious that she found out about their little adventures in the arena with her invention.
Sigmund swallowed hard, knowing the wrath of Emmaline Lighton would soon be upon them like the wrath of god upon the city of Sodom.
"Er...well..what happened was..."
The words refused to emerge from his lips, they hid behind his lips, planning a proper way of exiting that would not end in Sigmund being whalloped.
He turned to Helena for help.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1788 on: June 14, 2009, 04:24:50 am »

Helena was not the most aware person when being woken from a deep sleep.  She sat up blinking at Emma not entirety sure what she was seeing.  Then her brain got the notion that something was going on and slammed from dozing to wide awake. "What it the matter?"

That was apparently not the right thing to say because it set Emma fuming. "My prototype firefighting suit is distroyed and I was going to debut that next month. What on earth were you doing with it?"

There was something about the way Emma spoke that made Helena feel like a puppy that piddled on the carpet.  "Fighting Sigmund." She said looking at the floor.

Emma put a hand on her forehead and sighed. "Oh for cripes sake I haven even done a full test with humans yet you could have been killed." She turned to Sigmund. "Why on earth did you let her do that?"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1789 on: June 14, 2009, 05:02:53 am »

"Well, what happened was there was this flagrantly assanine gladiator who called her a whore. So we both agreed to beat him senseless in the armor tournaments. However, dreyfuss beat us to the punch, leaving her and me to do battle. The Saint Elmo managed to beat the Proteus ferociously, though Helena DID put up a good fight."
He flashed Helena a warm smile, giving her wordless kudos.
"Er..right...I made great assurance that she remained safe, and I had no doubt in her skills in combat."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1790 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:04 am »

"Children." Emma muttered half under her breath and then her face softened.  "Next time you take one of my inventions for a joyride please make sure that it isn't a death trap first. It almost sheered one of Cain's legs off in primary testing for goodness sake. We made some simple pasta for dinner but if you want any you had best hurry I left Angel with the plate." As Helena put on her boots, Emma spoke to Sigmund.  "Keep an eye on that girl, she is almost as headstrong as I am."   
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1791 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:05 am »

Dreyfuss looked up from his plate of pasta and cheese; he ha dleft a sizable portion of t3eh grated rat-trap cheese in a bowl on the table, and was a bit surprised by Angels's nearly-ferocious ethusiasm for cheese-and-pasta. Nadya , too, was devouring the stuff with great enthusiasm. Dreyfuss finally realized that he had better hurry up and finish his platefull if he wanted any more of the stuff. he looked up as Helena nad Sigmund walked in, and waved and pointed at the two plates that he and Nadya had set out for them (so that they could eat even if Angel ate all of the pasta in the pot).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1792 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:29 am »

Angel loved cheese. Cain had tried to tell her where it came from once but she was sure he must be confused because curdled milk tasted nothing like it.  She liked the color of it too, of it too it was like her orange crayon.   The pasta was full of fun bendy shapes and she was debating if it was better to play with or eat. So far it was a tie.

Helena had long ago decided Angel was hollow based on the amount of food she ate at every meal and was very glad to see there was any food left at all.  She turned to Dreyfuss for dinner conversation knowing Emma was still a bit angry with her. "I wish I could have walloped Pius alongside you."
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #1793 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44:59 am »

The doctor, rocking himself awake, is still stuck to the bed. "oh dear, where am I?" said the still groggy Doctor. Noticing hes tied down, starts to struggle and gets quite wound up in sheets and blankets and the like. "HHEEELLMMFFF" Shouted the doctor into the pillows squished into his face. He was never any good with making up in strange places. shrugging, the doctor notices he's starved. "what time is it?" he ponders.

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1794 on: June 15, 2009, 03:54:21 pm »

"Dreyfuss may have taken out the fun of destroying that little bastard, but it was still fun to watch him snivel like a little girl!"
Sigmund exclaimed, getting a glare from helena who had in fact at one point been a little girl.
"Er..by which I mean...um..."
He decided the best thing to do at the moment would be to drop the conversation.
"Though it was rather nice to even be in second place! They gave me a fantastic new sword too! I can't wait to use it next time we're in battle. It handles like an absolute dream."
He drew the ornate sword and let it gleam in the light, blades of light splashed against the wall.
Sigmund shreathed the sword quickly, remembering Emma's stern 'No weaponry at the table' rule.

Cain simply smiled as he watched Angel play with her noodles. The cheerful disposition of the ancient construct filled his heart with joy. Her innocence was a constant reminder to never lose faith in the world, because it will always find a way to surprise you.
"Er, Angel, I don't think those ravioli are supposed to be used as pillows for your dolls."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1795 on: June 15, 2009, 04:43:45 pm »

"We might have to see how it stands against my father's sword sometime."  It was too dark to do it tonight and she was quite sure she would get in trouble if she did it inside.

"But they are so squishy."  Angel's dolls were going to need a bath and so was Angel herself. There was sauce all along the sleeves of her dress and her cheeks were rosy with it too.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1796 on: June 15, 2009, 05:03:25 pm »

"Because they are filled with cheese." Cain said, attempting to educate Angel in the nature of pasta while wiping off her cheeks with a hankercheif dipped on a glass of water. He chuckled warmly, excavading her pale skin from beneath the layers of sweet, crimson sauce.
In a moment of spontanaiety, he lave her other cheek a lick, wiping the sauce off with his soft, velvety tounge.
His own cheeks pinkened from his actions. He silently wondered if there was any white fire present.

"Is that a challenge, dear miss Helena?" Sigmund asked with a cocksure grin.
"If you're willing to cross swords, how about we do it in the style of the lawmen of Tehas and we cross swords at high noon?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1797 on: June 15, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »

"Well,actually, it's usually done with pistols; duels in general happen all around the clock, but if you really want to have a go at it Texian style, then have at it, I'd say, Dreyfuss said, eyes twinkling with amusement. "But I wouldn't suggest that you shoot each other, that could get lethal all too quickly."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1798 on: June 15, 2009, 11:09:46 pm »

Angel giggled as Cain cleaned her up. Getting messy was just so much more fun when he was around.  Emma smiled at them, having Angel around was almost like having a large happy puppy. "I think it is bath time Angel." Angel pouted. bath time always seemed to come when she was having fun.  "I think Arachne got you some more of that scented soap you like." Angel brightened up, Mama got her the best soap, it smelled like candy. "And what is the rule about soap?"

"It is for washing not eating even if it smells good." Angel repeated.

"That is right.  Why don't you take your dollies too."

"Lets do it tomorrow morning then.  Nothing like a scuffle before breakfast to make a person hungry." Helena found herself looking forward to tomorrow very much.

Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1799 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »

"Alright Angel, take a bath with miss Emma and I'll tell you a brand new story. This one will ahve a beautiful princess and a big, scary dragon."
Cain had made sure Angel did what she was told with motivation of stories. He would regail her with his best stories only when she did her chores.
However, the romance between Sigmund and Helena was in of itself, incredibly confusing.
Why would two people who claimed themselves to be in love constantly challenge eachother to fights?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: