The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 24, 2019, 12:19:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 127841 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1750 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:52 am »

Dreyfuss bent down and folded the now-yielding arms one over the other, in the traditional poisition for laying a body to rest, and bent down and picked up the metallic body. The event had affected him as well, but he would be damned if he would show it! "Nadya, if you would?" he said, in a voice edged with forced-back tears.

Nadya nodded, her own throat choked with tears from the sadness of the occasion.they all put their hands on one anothersw shoulders. "Right." Nadya said. "Are we all ready to go?"

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1751 on: June 11, 2009, 06:43:56 am »

Emma couldn't look Angel in the eye as she hugged her. "Let's just go get Helena and Sigmund and go home."  She felt horrible.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1752 on: June 11, 2009, 07:25:01 am »

Sigmund gave this world's Emma a gallant bow.
"This world has opened itself to you, A world of possibilites, happiness, love, sucess. Seize it by the horns."
Sigmund waved to her, turning to leave. An automiton soldier bowed to him, presenting an ornate gladius, sheathed in a green tinted sheath and belt.  Sigmund took the runner-up prize proudly, wrapping the belt around his waist. He drew the blade, testing the excellent weight and admiring the image of the Saint george carved into the handle. He sheathed the sword and Approached Helena, despite his defeat, he had the pride of a conquering hero.
"She will do well...I know it."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1753 on: June 11, 2009, 02:26:01 pm »

"I am sure she will."  Helena said as they walked together back to the theater section of the arena.  She asked for Emma but no one knew where she was in fact one of the black haired girls say she went home because she wasn't feeling well and Helena was quite sure that was a lie.  "Lets get to the bottom of this."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1754 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

Nadya focused on Helena and Sigmund, and displaced... and suddenly there they were, just as the pair had begun to walk off in search of them! "Now, where are they off to?" Dreyfuss wondered aloud.Hallooo! Sigmund, congratulations!" Dreyfuss shifted the construct body in his arms, and then reverently laid it down, to rest while they got their group back together.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1755 on: June 12, 2009, 12:20:08 am »

"I'll see if I can find her..." Sigmund closed his eyes clearing his mind in an attempt to find Emma's emotions. Each person's emotions were like fingerprints, felt in different ways and never as simple as one would think.
His concentration was broken by the Jovial greeting of one Jaisen Dreyfuss.
"Thank you sir, you have not my chance seen Emma around as of late, have you? We cannot seem to find her."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1756 on: June 12, 2009, 12:44:47 am »

she's right here with us, her guards and mine sort of got tangled up down in the tunnels, and we were rescued by Doctor Hastings, here.  Dreyfuyss indicated the fellow standing back behind him and to one side. Emma stepped around Dreyfuss to speak to Sigmund.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #1757 on: June 12, 2009, 01:03:58 am »

Hearing his name, the doctor looked up and saw he was being gestured to, and thus bowed slightly, and went back to thinking. The world was moving to fast for him, he needed to recuperate.

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1758 on: June 12, 2009, 04:36:44 am »

Emma moved like their was a heavy weight on her shoulders.  "I have the George fragment. Let's go home."

Helena was worried and walked over to Dreyfuyss. "Is Emma alright? She is acting almost like she has taken ill again."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1759 on: June 12, 2009, 05:06:31 am »

"She's grieving, Helena, " Dreyfuss said, he himself not yet fcompletely rock-steadyt just yet. "she feels that she has done something, if not truly wrong, then not-completely-right; in order to get the fragment of her and our George, she had to take the larger portion of the life-force of this world's George -- right in front of this world's Emma."

Dreyfuss himself nearly choked on the last word of the explanation. Cmon, ya stupid lug, pull yourself together, he raged at himself.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #1760 on: June 12, 2009, 05:12:30 am »

Gliding lightly up to his new found companions, He saw stress in their eyes, In their speech, in the way the shifted lightly as if a great weight did bear upon them. Placing his hand on the one who was speaking's shoulder, he said softly " worry not, for time heals all wounds, go, be with her. Alone, time is a heavy weight to bear."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1761 on: June 12, 2009, 05:26:52 am »

"Wise words, Doc. He's right, folks, let's go and walk with our Emma. you're welcome to come along too, Doc." Dreyfuss said, holding ahis arms out asif to herd them all along. "Whenever you're ready for Nadya to take us back, Emma, just say the word; or walk along a while if'n you want." HE said, as gently as a voice like his could manage.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #1762 on: June 12, 2009, 05:30:44 am »

"a man of few words should choose them wisely. And I shall walk with you, though I feel not the weight, I shall help carry." Keeping in step with Dreyf, who was leading the group. " I also apologize if I may be talking strangely, I fear I've spent to long here, and it has affected my speaking."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1763 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:59 am »

Emma smiled but it did not reach her eyes."I am sorry for making you worry. I am fine..."  The following breakdown proved that she wasn't.  "I killed him.  He was all she had and I killed him.  I am a dammed monster, I deserve to be locked up with Trip."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1764 on: June 12, 2009, 05:48:20 am »

"You aren't a monster!" Sigmund snapped.
"Trip's murder was needless. You did what you had to do." Sigmund  "Miss lighton, this world's george was aware of what he had to do not only to save this world, but to save all he cared about. What you did was helped George become a hero in this world.
The georges of the worlds we visit all know one thing that I think everyone needs to know. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one."
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #1765 on: June 12, 2009, 05:54:16 am »

"gentle, she can hardly bear as you should know. She needs not anymore stress." Redirecting himself at the sad one "Please, you are from a monster. You are a loyal friend, and whatever that thing was, it knew the damage it was causing. Not all a gain, but hardly a loss." Smiling weakly "I'm no good with people, but, you Madam, did what you could to save your friend, and the world. You are a far better person the I"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1766 on: June 12, 2009, 06:07:34 am »

"Thank you both. I am sorry for being such a watering pot. Lets go home we have friends waiting for us." Angel gave Emma lady a big hug and Emma smiled it was small but real. "Dr. Hastings I imagine you miss your London very much after all there is no place like home."  She was not worried about Trip Emma knew they would bring him home when they were done with him.  People parted for them as they walked to the docks many of the people had been out in the audience for the tournament and wished to give respect to the combatants.
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #1767 on: June 12, 2009, 06:11:48 am »

"ah yes, home. I have not been there in a very long time. I do miss it so much." The doctor said "But don't apologize, you were faced with great stress, and you handled it formidably. You have earned the right to be a "watering pot". Patting her on the shoulder. "yes, lets head home, a rest is much needed now"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1768 on: June 12, 2009, 06:38:19 am »

Emma looked proudly up at the graceful scalet and gold ship that had carried her everywhere on earth and beyond.  "This is my ship, the Boheme. Dreyfuss can take you to get strapped in for transit it is a very bumpy ride.  If you have anyone you want to radio once we arrive just tell me. I imagine you have affairs that must be put in order when you come back."
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #1769 on: June 12, 2009, 06:44:47 am »

"I, I'm the last living member of my family. I joined the expedition soon after my nephew died, to get away from home for a while." Glancing away, he spoke softly "All that is left for me there is memories."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1770 on: June 12, 2009, 07:43:34 am »

"Don't worry,doctor." Sigmund turned to the older man, a reassuring smile across his pale lips. "I didn't have anything in that world either. Until, that is, I met mister O'Landry and then Helena."
He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, supporting the limping tomboy.
"You had better stay off that ankles of yours Helena, at least until the swelling goes down."
As they approached the boarding ramp, Sigmund scooped Helena up once more, carrying her like a bride across the thresh hold and onto the deck of the Boheme.
"Where to, madame?" He asked with a tawdry british accent.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1771 on: June 12, 2009, 07:59:47 am »

"But still, it's home, " Dreyfuss said. "Someplace to go back to. Someplace to be from, and a place to lay your head. Everybody needs one of those, even if it's just an Airship with a madcap crew." He stroked Cleopatra's head and upper neck as he walked and talked with Doctor Hastings. "I wonder how my own is faring...I have my bunk back here in the lab, because its a good place to keep cleo, provided she stays in her box."

He guided the doctor to one of the unoccupied cabins. "I suppose we could make transit chairs or couches for everyone, but the beds work so well for it, we've just kept it that way." He showed the doctor how to set and fasten the straps, and told him which configurations to avoid. "Well, I have to go and get Cleo secured. Sing out if you need anything" and he turned and left, walking back down the corridor toward the lab.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:05:16 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1772 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:10 pm »

As soon as they were on the ship Angel went right back to her drawing supplies.  She finished the picture for Cleo and moved on to make one for Emma but she was stumped.  "Cain what does Emma lady like? I want to make her a picture to feel better."

"My cabin please the D hopper is trained on home and I could use a bit of a rest anyway. Besides I think there is room for two in my bed." Helena grinned mischievously enjoying Sigmund's blush.

Emma took up her place at the helm and guided the ship from the dock.  She opened the speaking tubes.  "Beginning transit in 3...2...1."

Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1773 on: June 12, 2009, 04:03:13 pm »

"Well," Cain pondered for a moment, "In all the time I've been with her, I've noticed the things miss Emma really likes are building aetheric devices, and George. Mostly George. Though I doubt you could draw a picture of him, he's sort of invisible. As well as fragmented all over multiple realities. Though I suppose we could use the time he was vaugely solid for a reference." He stroked his pale chin, recalling the semisolid figure of george.
"Though drawing a picture of George right now might not be the best thing to do..."

"Helena are you suggesting I..stay in your quarters?" He whispered the words, as if they themselves were taboo. The cold one military was terribly strict about this sort of thing. For males to even be in the same hallway as females was almost unheard of.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:20:08 pm by Nigel Wetherby » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1774 on: June 12, 2009, 04:30:07 pm »

"Well lets make a picture of a machine then. A machine that makes big pink cakes and we can put a little George running it"  Angel was fairly sure that would make anyone happy.

Helena couldn't stop herself from grinning "Yes I am."  She patted the bed beside her "You heard Emma we don't have much time. You aught to lie down."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: