The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 21, 2020, 01:44:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 130177 times)
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1575 on: June 01, 2009, 08:30:21 pm »

Hyacinth wrapped her arms around Nadya, her face digging into her collar.
"I'm sorry if I seem rather...needy but I...just stay here for a bit please. I really do not wish to be alone right now."
The fingers of her left hand grasped at the soft material of Nadya's dress, her right hand ran their fingers through her hair. Tears seeped through the cloth of her shoulder like warm rain. Nadya could feel her lover shaking like a leaf in her arms. The wholesale carnage had taken its toll upon this woman, and she doubted the scars would ever leave.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1576 on: June 02, 2009, 01:10:35 am »

A visitor arrived at the Saint Elmo while Dreyfuss was still winging his way back from the Wrench and Hammer. It was a small, furry mammal with wings. Yes, a bat. One single, solitary bat. It clung to the fabric of the envelope portion's outer skin, right outside Dreyfuss's porthole
-<o>-
Nadya held her lover close, the woman's shaking speaking volumes of her distress. she stroked her hair in return, adn caressed her in the most comforting way possible, letting a slight trickle of the fire creep through, augmenting and intensifying her efforts. Breathing soft, soothing words of comfort and love, Nadya wove a web of healing comfort and touch that caused Hyacinth's shaking to lessen, and then cease altogether. And it was perfect.

-<o>-

Jock awoke from a short catnap; for most of Dreyfuss's absence, there had been no disturbance of any kind. Oh, the severely-wounded still groaned in their pain, and children cried for mummy or papa or theuir sisters or brothers, by otherwise, no one caused a ruckus. Jock wlked teh aisles ofteh makeshift wards, enjoying the lessening of the crisis atmosphere. Vortex's servants still moved about, here and there, tending the most severe cases. None of them had any idea of teh tumult that would soon descend upon one of their own, testing his newly-winged luck. HISSSPP! Jock turned at the sound, and saw cleo, her body half-in, half-out of a ventilator grille.

"Well, hello Cleopatra! he said, softly exclaiming; the group of boys and girls clustered around the vent (it was cooler there and the air just generally felt better) in borrowed chairs had varied reactions to the apparent visitor to their temporary home...

*Gasp*
*Squeal* (more of interest than of terror)
"Aw, wcked, a snake!"
"Why's she all white like that?"

"Now, be careful 'n nice, childer," Jock said gently, this 'ere be Cleopatra, th' Saint Elmo's Guard-snake; she's the one it were what kilt off 'n entire pirate boardin' party when they troid ter steal th' St. Elmo. She's a rare albino...
"Wicked!"
"She's not poisonous, is she?"
"Awwww, she wants you to pick her up." Cleo, her head straining up to Jock's thigh, did look for all the world like she was trying get Jock to pick her up. Roight, loik you can't stand as tall as I am and all, Jock chuckled to himself. The children each got a turn to hold Cleopatra, and she finally slithered back into Jocks arms and around his neck, and then back into the ventilator system; various other "wicked cool" appearances accquainted the patients, especially the children, with teh albino beauty, and she got to know them. Who knew? it might be important someday...

-<o>-

Dreyfuss sat in the steering room, thinking of many things; none of them concerned the navigation of the skies in an airship. But navigating a battle on foot, now... He began to realize that he may have been wrong to lead the way into battle using all of his power like that. It inspired even the lowliest fighters, yes, but he could not shake the feeling that his display had been a major cause of the horrific number of casualties. The children; so many children!. "Perhaps if I had held back some," he thought to himself, "They would not have been so inspired to attempt feats of bravery." He began to change into one of his new shirt-and-vest combinations; the tailor was an inspired artist, he decided, even teh mail under the lining was well-executed. he tested the wing-sleeves, practicing poking the wings out in a hurry, and bring them back in rapidly as well. HE then did the same with the spare greatcoat, and was even more pleased. He decided to go to his cabin and arm himself, and then take a stroll up to the obs deck....

But his elation was short-lived, and the self-hatred and second-guessing returned. "I need a mission," he said aloud, as he walked from the bridge to his cabin, having changed into his wing-correct clothing. "a mission, with something with which to atone for the murder of innocence that I have caused...." He felt the culpability of his position. It had not been this bad since the demise of the Mad Anthony Wayne.

He opened the porthole to let some fresh air in from ouitside, and began to dress and arm himself. Why? he could not be sure; it was as if some voice from far away had whispered to him of a coming debacle and caused him to act with no volition of his own....
-<o>-
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:13:54 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1577 on: June 02, 2009, 07:09:15 am »

Angel was singing, She had been singing a lot today.  People were hurt, people she was sure she could make better.  She sung them back from the abyss, soothing pain and easing frighted minds.  Angel was tired and her voice was fraying under the strain but she had to make them better just like mama.  Cain was by her side trying to get her to eat but she kept pushing him aside and working even harder. 

Helena and Sigmund were standing guard both too wound up to sit still.  Helena pushed Sgimund against the wall as one of the servants of the guardians popped through a door unexpectedly.  "Sorry I guess I am a bit jumpy."  He was very close and felt blissfully cool on her skin.

Emma was frantically beating the flames out of a corner of her dress her demon detector was not going well and if it did not show improvement soon she was going to scream.  Silently she fumed that the creature ran off before she had a better chance to learn how to fight it.  Sighing she looked back at the Boheme.  The mission came first she knew that but it didn't make her feel any better about leaving.  Sighing she went of to gather her crew and she hoped that they would have something to come home to.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« Reply #1578 on: June 02, 2009, 07:25:04 am »

Trip examined each one of his many weapons, pulling them from the two chest in his room aboard the boheme.
Almost all of them illegal and all of them incredibly overpowered.  "hmm i wonder were we are going next.." he thought as he cleaned the spotless barrel of his favorite for the third time

-“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1579 on: June 02, 2009, 07:58:21 am »

Emma smelled like burning as she walked up the hallway and knocked on Trip's door.  "Come on dear we have work to do."  She called out with false cheer.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1580 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:01 am »

Dreyfuss saw a bat fly off into the darkness as he opened the porthole. Apparently the little fellow had been roosting upside-down right outside! He spared a thought for a moment about Mina and her band of "benevolent" vampires, and wished her well. He wondered if that bat had been one of Madame Mina's brood, but decided it was all academic anyway.

He saw Emma out on the lawn of the school fidding away with that "demon detector" array that she had been trying to goose into operational status. She finally seemed to give up and looked to Dreyfuss's eye as if she had resigned herslf to duty as she strode back to the Boheme. "Resigned herself to duty." Hmmp. he knew what that meant.

He grabbed the boat gun, checked that it was loaded and capped, grabbed his possibles bag, stuffed both the coilgun(with both steel and silver ammo) and an aether rifle he had found on the battlefield into it, and strapped it over his back and between the wings,and did the same in the other direction with the boat gun, grabbed eight mondragon grenades, and stuffed them into the possibles bag as well. He thought a moment, and took teh aether rifle back out and replaced the aether wave-inducer with a grid-powered disintegration field extender, and put the circuitry covers back on the rifle, putting it back into the bag as it powered up to auxiliary level. he then punched the Ships Address but modified it by holding down the "staterooms only" button, saying,

"Impromptu officers' call in fiveminutes, commodores's cabin. repeat,impromptu officer's call in five minutes, commodore's cabin. Madame Arachne and Leftenant Zarate are exempted from officers call at their discretion, if they so desire. They deserve the rest. All others report for officers call."

on reflection, Dreyfuss decided that at least ten grenades should be taken along,just in case. the officers of teh St. Elmo began arrivingthen, Jock in then lead, then Myers, then Esmeralda, then Scofield and Tolchak.

Dreyfuss?  came Nadya's sligtly-aggravated sending, How did you know?

I didn't, he replied, I just figured she would need the rest, and you'll need time to prepare for the next mission. Miss Emma just gave up on the demon detector device; I saw her striding off back to the Boheme, and when she walks likethat it usually means she's about to issue a mission order. The St. Elmo is going to have to stay here, Nadya, at least until most of our cases have been either cured completely, or offloaded to the appropriate institution.

I refuse to go hauling a shipload of such brave souls off across the aetheric planes, where the action could just possibly be even hotter. Arachne needs time to heal as well, Nadya. I borrowed a lab coat from the sickbay closet to cover my wings (still bloody, hadnt had time to wash them), adn she surprised me, but it was the shortest conversation I've ever had with her, and she had scrubbed herself pink, and was apparently wound tight as my drone string; she retreated to her room just before I sent to you about it. I've seen that kind of shock before in field hospitals all over the world; it usually doesnt have any really horrific side effects, other than an absolute loathing of warriors, and of war. I hope she doesnt start to loathe me, But I couldn't blame her if she did. The others are here now, Nadya, I have to go.

All right... Dreyf, she doesn't loathe you, neither of us do, We both Love you, in our ways.  I'll be along to the Boheme in a bit. See you soon.

Thanks, Nadya. I love both of you.

Dreyfuss cleared his throat and addressed the people assembled in his cabin:

Jock, Mina, Mr. Myers, Esmeralda, Sergeant. I have to go with the Boheme. All of you will be staying here in case of another attack, but also in order to manage the hospital duty. I will be leaving Captain Scofield in charge this time, as she ranks the rest of you, and because its her turn; everybody gets one.

Now, about Madame Arachne. please support her with as much aid and support as you can. she's had a nasty shock, as i'm sure you heard. its one thing to wound, maim or even kill bodies, folks, its quite another to put those people back together afterwards. losing one patient is a traumatic, debilitating experience, from whati am given to understand. Madame Arachne, despite her very best efforts, lost four all in one night. I've seen hardened battlefield medics shattered by such an occurrence. Give her a break, folks. She's earned it.

That is all, people. back to your posts,and stay alert. Wait, Esme, just a moment. Capn Scofield, you have the con. Do not engage the enemy unless the Elmo or the school are attacked directly, and then, at all costs, defend the school. The school is your first priority, in case of attack, unless there are still students aboard the Elmo. That is all. HE saluted, and Scofield left.

Dreyfuss turned to Esmeralda, and said, "Esme, this will be the first extended time that you will be on board without myself or Nadya to help keep an eye on you; be on your best behavior, and avoid the Men's Country billets,and you should be safe enough; under the Battery Rule, which is still in effect, the men have the privilege of approaching, respectfully, any woman who enters Men's Country. "yes, Uncle, I understand, " said Esme meekly, her cheeks coloring slightly.

"Very well, you may go--" he cut off as she hugged him, hard, and pecked him on the nose.Dreyfuss accepted the familarity since they were, in fact, in private at the time.

Dreyfuss went back to the steering room, and said good-bye to Jock and Mina. HISSPPsssPP!! Dreyfuss turned around, adn there was Cleopatra, contriving somehow to look happy to see him and sad at this departure, both, simultaneously.  

HE reached down, and Cleo slithered into his arms, and then around his neck, settling herself with a firmness that said more eloquently than words or Hissp'ing that she would NOT be left behind this time. Dreyfuss unfurled, but did not completely open, his wings. Cleo heard the sound, and saw the huge wings, and  said HIIIOSSppsssssshispHISS??

"Yes, they're mine, Dreyfuss said. fancy a joyride?"

Cleopatra bobbed her head up and down,  and then settled it and the rest of her body down snugly around his neck and shoulders, and part of his lower chest, and the small of his back, and made a purring sound. Jock and Mina Scofield laughed at the sight.

"Looks loik she wants ter go alright, sir."

"She might be a big help, Commodore, Sir," Mina Scofield said, somewhat enviously.
"I wish I had a snake like that."

"Yep, she's a treasure, no doubt about that," said Dreyfuss, stroking cleo where she lay across his collarbone, and Cleo responding with a soft bump against his head.

He made sure that everything was in place, that he had everything he needed, then bid Captain Scofield and Chief Lough-Malley goodbye, and told them he wanted the ship to still be there when he got back, and then stepped out the steering room hatch.

...And then flew off down to the Boheme, landing outside and walking up through the hull door.

"Hello?" he called, as he descended the ramp into the steering room."Anybody Home?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 11:27:48 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1581 on: June 02, 2009, 03:05:50 pm »

Cain stayed by Angel's side, listening to her slowly declining song. He had heard Patrick talk about children losing their voice from sining too much, the idea of a silent Angel disturbed him greatly. He could already imagine her having to write what she wanted to say on a little chalk board, her song eternally silenced.
"Angel, Miss Arachne has done all she can, and so have you. Remember the man from the pointy building with the funny hat who talked to Patrick? He said there are things man can do, and things that must be left up to god. Angel, you can't do any more. Jus let things happen, and I'm sure your singing and Miss Arachne's procedures have saved lots of lives."
He hugged her tightly, hoping beyond hope that she would stop pushing herself and eat something.

"You know... You're a pretty good fighter when it all comes down to it."
Sigmund said with a cheerful smile, a precious commodity in a time like this.
"Did your father teach you, or was it all self taught? I must admit, how you broke that chap's jaw was nothing short of melee poetry."
Sigmund was a conisseur of fine fighting styles, or at least that's what he liked to tell others, but to be honest he had only seen three or four different styles, not counting his own military training.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1582 on: June 02, 2009, 06:05:35 pm »

"But people are hurting and that makes me sad. The bad things wanted to hurt Jen lady's baby so they made other people bad and we couldn't make them better.  That is wrong that shouldn't happen."  Angel had never been faced with something like this and started to cry holding her Cain.  "Why can't I make them all better?"

"My father, my mother and a long history of of thinking myself stronger than I actually am.  Those dock kids can be quite the education when you make them mad and I did that far too many times.  My father used to call me his dock rat terrier and my mother would just sigh and patch me up.  She said I was lucky they liked me enough to just leave scratches and black eyes.  It helped a lot when I got older and the knives added to the mix suddenly made everything serous. I rarely got worse than I gave then." She smiled with that kind of education the fact that she had worked in an accountant office for several years seemed rather surreal.

"Hello Dreyfuss, come on in I am trying to gather everyone up so we can get moving."  Emma sounded frustrated and tired but she tried to smile cheerfully.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1583 on: June 02, 2009, 07:22:16 pm »

"I'm sorry Angel, but songs and white fire can't fix everything. Sometimes things just are what they are. You can't just decide when a flower blooms or when a tree bears fruit. And you can't stop the leaves from falling or the flower from wilting. You can't help everyone, I'm sorry but that's a fact of life."
He tried his best to console her, holding her  tightly as he felt her chest heave with sobbing.
"The best we can do is help who we can. That's all anyone can ask for."

"Well, seeing as how you and I are a bit...at odds today, how about a little sparring? Just so you and I can get a little sleep. It's what we would do in basic training if we stayed up too late.
'A soldier only kills, sleeps, and trains.' Is what commander Dreyfuss would say to us."
He fondly recalled the commander, a gruff no-nonsense man who seved as an odd sort of Idol for the young half-breed.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1584 on: June 02, 2009, 07:43:06 pm »

"thanks, Emma. Nadya will be along in a bit; She's taking care of Madame Arachne; apparently the heavy casualties took its toll on her. Four of the ones who died last night did so on her table, according to what I've been able to piece together," He said ruefully, an odd, haunted look about his eyes that had not been there since before the trip through Siberia nearly three years before. He blamed himself for the massive casualties, and for what had happened to Arachne overnight. I 'm sure she'll be along in just a few moments." Cleopatra chose that moment to poke her head up out of the collar of his coat. HiisssSSssspp! she said, apparently saying '"hello!"

"Oh, sorry... Cleo wanted to come along, and say hello, Miss Emma. She apparently felt left out the last few days, and then she took one of her long naps in that electrical nightmare London. Will it be all right for her to accompany us, or shall I send her back to the Elmo?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1585 on: June 02, 2009, 08:00:32 pm »

Angel curled up tight around Cain and unfurled her wings shutting out the world around them.  She kissed him but it was deeper and more searching than normal and tasted of tears.  For a while they just held each other with nothing but the sound of their bodies filling up the small world calm inside Angel's feathers.  "I am glad you are all fixed." she said at last and then put a hand to her throat.  "My voice is scratchy."

"That sounds like an excellent idea but no weapons I have had enough of that today."  She took his hand and led him to a secluded courtyard then took up an easy open stance and smiled.  "I am ready for you."

Emma petted Cleopatra gently.  "That will be fine Dreyfuss. Welcome aboard Miss Cleo I am sure Angel will love you to bits. Speaking of where is Angel and everyone else for that matter?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1586 on: June 02, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »

I suspect Angel is wherever Cain is; I don't remember seeing them on the Elmo," Dreyfuss said. "Maybe they're in the school building. The Boheme still has it's horn, doesn't it? I only recall hearing it once a long time ago; maybe two long and thee shoot toots'd flush 'em out.: Hethought a moment. "Might flush Patrick out on us too, though..."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:25:31 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1587 on: June 02, 2009, 08:31:29 pm »

"The last thing we need it to give him another scare so lets go look for them together.  I imagine Angel is raiding the kitchen or some such thing, I think Helena and Sigmund are off patrolling somewhere and Trip has been bouncing about like a rubber ball so who knows where in time and space he is." Emma sighed, he was always wandering off these days and she didn't seem to see him much even when they were lovig under the same roof.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1588 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:45 pm »

"Well, then. Might as well get started," Dreyfuss drawled. He smiled roguishly , and said, "Lead on, Cap'n Lighton! Might want to try the School's kitchens, and maybe the Canteen."

"If Angel's been trying to sing everything back to normal, though, she may have given out and gone to bed..." Dreyfuss loved the female construct almost as if she were his own daughter; he hated to think of her trying to make everything work out by singing but then realizing that she couldn't.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1589 on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

"Come on Angel, let's go to the galley at the Boheme' and get you some tea with honey. Miss Arachne says that's the best thing for an ailing throat."
Cain took Angel's hand, her grip tightened around his hand, as if she were afraid he might float away if she let go even in the slightest.
"But no matter what changes around us, I swear the one thing that won't is my love for you." Cain kissed her cheek, hoping to wipe away any residual sadness.

"I agree all too well." Sigmund said, cracking his knuckles.
"And If it seems like i am holding back, keep in mind that my training was mostly to incapacitate and then kill my targets. So I will not be using everything in my arsenal."
He charged toward her, appearing like a blur, an uppercut hit her like a ton of bricks, coming up in a streak of pale flesh.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:27:44 pm by Nigel Wetherby » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1590 on: June 02, 2009, 10:35:15 pm »

Angel nodded.  "I love you for always."  She croaked a little as she talked but she started to smile again.  "I sound like a frogie Cain."  She saw Emma coming up the drive and waved. Her friends were alright and that made her feel better.

Emma was a bit worried about Angel who looked warn down.  "Cain what happened to her?" She said fishing a lollipop out of her pocket.

Helena smiled it had been too long since she had fought out her emotions like this. she took the momentum from the munch to ease her body back in to a strike of her own.  Sigmund blocked her punch but fell victim to a sweep of her powerful legs. His tentacles stopped the fall but he took a hit to the gut.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1591 on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:25 pm »

Cleo heard their voices and poked her head out from unde rthe greatcoat again, and saw Angel.
"HIISSSssssppp! HISS hiss Hisssspp!" she splutter-hissed, happy and and excited to see Angel again.

Hello, Angel," Dreyfuss said. he noted her voice, but decided to not break her good mood by mentioning it; he figured he knew why she was hoarse, and needed cheering up.

"Cleopatra wanted to come along this time. Poor girl's been sleeping under the Elmo's Aether Stack Heat Exchanger, and missed the last mission." he said.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1592 on: June 02, 2009, 11:43:45 pm »

Angel couldn't help giggling as Cleo wrapped around ger arm and traveled up to her neck.  "Hi Cleo lady did you have a good nap?"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1593 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:02 am »

Cain stepped backward, remembering the crushing embrace of the serpent's alabaster coils around his head from his first encounter. Clowns may have been the residual fear of Brian, but Cain's fear of snakes was entirely his own.
"Er...H-Hello Cleo." He waved weakly, taking another step back as her lidless gaze shifted to him.
"I'm going to go make some tea..."
Cain rushed off to the galley, his heart practically leaping out of his chest. He began to make the tea, moving in a nervous blur.

Sigmund's four tentacles lashed out, coiling themselves into pseudo fists, buffeting her with a flurry of blows. She managed to grab hold of one of the black tendrils, pulling hard and yanking him foreward, slamming his face into her elbow.
He stood up straight, wiping a speck of black blood from his lip.
He gave an assured smirk and cracked his neck.
"Getting tired yet?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1594 on: June 03, 2009, 12:45:44 am »

Angel loved all the animals and it made her very happy when they could respond to he when she talked. "Cleo lady lets go have tea with Cain.  He said tea would make my scratchy voice better." Emma was glad to see Angel perking up. She gave Angel a red lollipop and Angel let Cleo have some to. Sharing was a good thing.

"Not a chance." Helena said launching herself forward with a volley of blows. He put up a good defence but she was just slightly quicker and managed to pin a tentacle under her foot. She smiled daring him to make the next move.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1595 on: June 03, 2009, 02:45:48 am »

Sweets mewled contently, lapping at a saucer of cream  prepared by Cain who was sipping his tea rather calmly, that was until Angel showed up with her snake. Cain practically fell out of his chair, though he took great pains to assure he did not drop his tea, which sloshed, but did not lose a single drop.
"Angel, how about we..er...let the nice snake sleep somewhere warm while we have tea, I remember a scientist by the name of James D kerfuffle who said that, um, snakes are hideously abhorrent to tea. They positively loath the stuff."
He hated lying to her, but he hated the snake almost as much, and the fear of the alabaster asp had clouded his better judgement.

She had speed over him, that much was true, but he had something no-one on this earth had, training from the cold one army.
He grasped her fist in the midst of its path, bending her wrist back. A mighty jerk of her arm sent her onto her knee.
"Like I said, we were trained to incapacitate. Though I love your strategy, you even gave me a black eye."
His eye was in fact a deep purple.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1596 on: June 03, 2009, 02:58:32 am »

"Ok she can sleep here." Angel said letting Cleo wind around the teapot.

Emma understood the whitening of Cain's knuckles even if Angel did not.  "How about I go find Miss Cleo a bedroom while you eat something?  I have some of Jen's cookies."

Helena took advantage of his temporarily relaxed guard and kissed him fiercely.  "You are not bad yourself.  I am going to have some interesting color in the morning."
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1597 on: June 03, 2009, 03:37:03 am »

Cain sighed in releif.
"Oh thank you Emma, you are an angel! Er...sorry...I mean it's a terrible, terrible shame that she has to go."
He grit his teeth, turning his head toward the door, motioning rather urgently that she take the snake out of here at all costs.
"Please save me..." He whispered.

Helena kissed her in return, leaning into her kiss and wrapping his bruise-addled arms around her waist.
"Well at least you and I will be able to get to sleep." "
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1598 on: June 03, 2009, 03:49:52 am »

"Yay cookies." Angel chirped happily as Emma held out an arm for the snake.

Cleo looked almost put out as she wiggled up Emma's arm.  "I think we have an incubator in the lab you just might like."  She smiled at Cain as he happily realised that the space Emma kept as her lab was the furthest from his bedroom as you could get and still be on the ship.

Helena gave Sigmund a hug pressing herself against him quite tightly unafraid of hurting either of them. "Yes I feel half asleep right now. How about we go back to the ship before anyone comes looking and gets the wrong idea."  She looked down at her new bruises and felt oddly satisfied. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1599 on: June 03, 2009, 03:53:55 am »

"Cain," Dreyfuss explained, "I assure, you, Cleopatra won't harm you; she knows your scent, and heck, Rosie was her egg-mother --er, at least that's how Abe put it--Anyway, Rosie passed on her smarts to her young; Cleopatra here knew me the second she saw me; I'd swear to it. It's almost as if Rosie assigned her to be my guardian. she's hyperintelligent, too, I'd warrant. she seems to actually be speaking a language, and i know for a fact that she understands me when I talk to her."

"Yeeess you do, Cleo, yes, I know... you go wif Miss Emma, honey, she'll put you someplace warm. *ahem* your pardon..." he said to the construct couple. Dreyfuss watched Emma carry Cleo off , the snake sugggling up against the woman's shoulder contentedly. He already missed her weight. "She can be in whatever cabin you want me to be in, Emma, but the lab incubator sounds nice for herr too." He turned back to Cain and Angel.

"She's trustworthy, and more loyal than the best bodyguard. But she understands your misgivings, Cain, and she'll stay away from you unless the situation demands that she be near you -- like if she needs to come find a fellow crewmember for some reason. You got along with Rosie, didn't you?"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: