The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 25, 2020, 11:16:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 133656 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1525 on: May 27, 2009, 02:52:13 pm »

The demon feet true fear, something that had never happened and when it saw Cain charging it fled.  It abandoned it's mission and ran with no grater plan than to get away from these creatures.  As soon as it had gone far enough away Angel yawned and woke up in Emma's arms.  "Hi Emma lady, that was a good nap.  I feel all better now!" Emma was hugged and then Angel pounced on Cain.  "My Cain is the best.  He made the bad thing go away." She half sung half said.

"Well she is happy." Helena said knocking another thug back with a well placed kick. "It looks like that creature is sending every bit of lowlife slime at us it can."  She said noticing how the hall was filling up

Angel was interrupted in the through kissing of Cain by a chair leg whizzing past their heads.  Angel pushed another thug hard.  "No hitting my Cain." She said with a frown.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1526 on: May 27, 2009, 03:04:48 pm »

"Thanks, Esmond! " Dreyfuss said, shattering the glamour of another demon. He looked down at himself, and realized he had no idea if his pants or shirt or waistcoat were survivng or not. He decided not to worry about it until he managed to get back to normal, and called up another wave of white-hot anger...

Wait...why did Esmond call me 'sir?' he wondered... He decided to let matters of rank go until he returned to normal...assuming he knew what normal was, anymore...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:38:44 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« Reply #1527 on: May 27, 2009, 05:35:48 pm »

Trip laughed as the demon ran "my,my, cain that was quite impressive heh" he turned to emma "hey em, sorry i havent been round much, we had som trouble in the TBT "

-“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1528 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:06 pm »

"My Angel is the best too." Cain declared, effortlessly dodging a hatchet which whirled through the air, catching it in midair and hurling it toward the assalant, depriving the would-be assasin of fingers.
"Now Angel, what say you and I that we show these bad things why it is we were built."
He broke off from their embrace, the steel tree's sharp branches preparing to strike down those who would pluck the flower's petals.

"Lowlifes. Good." Sigmund said nonchalantly, his stoic determination made evident once more. "I feel slightly less guilty breaking their bones when I know that."
His fisty snapped foreward, a thug tumbled backward, his face a mess of bloody flesh and cracked cartilage.
Judicator
Zeppelin Captain

This Is My Fancy Picture Caption Quote

« Reply #1529 on: May 27, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »

Why Vortex had missed almost the entire assault was that he was keeping an eye on the students in the commons room.But as soon as he felt the presence of the Aether Demons decline he decided to finish them off.He teleported to the spot where the fleeing aether demon had regrouped with a small Calvary of thugs.

He decided not to contact Gloria on this one but to instead handle it himself.
"Hello Demon...What are you called amongst your people?"Vortex asked calmly.
The Aether Demon snarled at him,and then,realizing that it wasnt under attack,answered."I am called Shaman Shragst amongst the others,and I am more powerful than you know.The only reason I fled was because of the power within the human who told me to leave.I fear no human,but he was not human."
Vortex completely understood,though he himself was afraid of no one,human or otherwise.He did know of the raw power within some of them though,and that made him cautuious.
"Well then Shragst,I must say that your existence ends here,as I am finishing you off myself."Vortex stated,sounding quite bored as he did so.
As he raised his hand to demolish the Shamans body and cast his soul into the Aether,the thugs reared up their mounts to strike.Vortex quickly drew his revolver and in a mix of shooting the thugs and blasting them with aether energy he destroyed them.
He turned back to the Shaman,who was in the process of making a sheild.

When Shragst was finished making the shield he absorbed one of the thugs,shape shifting into him,and then used his power to revive the rest of them into gruesome clockwork-human zombie minions,as well as the horses.These were especially dangerous minions because of the fact that they needed no food or water and obeyed to the death,the wielded no aether powers aside from what the Shaman gives them,and they have the natural affects of healing and shifting their limbs and metal parts into weapons.
Shragst teleported himself as well as the new enemy to the school,followed closely by Vortex,and began his new regrouped assault,which included three Aether Demon airships that opened fir on the school.

Vortex teleported into the school and contacted Gloria.

Gloria we have a new problem,their are airships and a Calvary of clockwork zombies heading into the school,you need to get students to man the guns now...

------------

Jason,some random student of the school,was showing up to the school late when he saw the assault.He also saw the "awesome weapons" on top of the school and decided that,since the airships were obviously not on his side,he should man one.He jumped onto a gun and aimed at an airship,he imagined what it would be like to blast one out of the sky and,not realizing that that was what activated them,fired three whitefire beams at the hull.After a brief freak out over what he just did,he became disappointed at the fact that they simply hit Aether Shields,and did no more damage than to knock it a few feet to the left.

-------------

Samuel had spent around 80 years studying plants,dinosaurs and pre-historic animals,but with his fancy time device he really only spent a few months.After using his new knowledge to impress his old ship mates,whom he tracked down,he decided to go check on his new friends,Jock and Sigmund and...what was her name?Helena!!Thats right,he always forgot about her,and everyone else that he had met on his previous adventure.

He was very disappointed when he found that he did not really know where they were,he remembered them talking about a school...

It took him another two weeks to track down the old crew mates of the Boheme who he had met,and Farai had been no help,claiming that he didn't remember going to London.Finally he found the besieged school,and assumed that it must be some kind of war re-enactment.

He pushed his way through the crowds of thugs,shooting and slashing as he did so to keep up the "feel of the re-enactment" and finally made it to the steps to find some man shooting and fighting wildly,fury in his eyes.Samuel,being a..idiot when it came to common sense,figured that he was jus having a moment,and so he slipped into the school unnoticed.

The first person he bumped into was some kid on his way to the roof,with a brief "hello im Samuel" and "hi im Jason" he was on his way again.

Secondly he turned a corner to find Sigmund,killing like mad a bunch of thugs,Samuel decided not to disturb him....

Finally he found a pregnant woman,whom he decided to direct his questions to,after turning a corner and startling her deeply sahe dpointed a sword at him and declared firmly.
"No one gets to the students without attempting to fight me!"
Samuel pondered this and then asked,quite innocently."Whats going on?"
The woman just stared at him like he was a completely dull in the head and then,realizing that he had caught her a little bit off gaurd Samuel adedd.
"Im Samuel Socull,I am a friend of Jock and Sigmund and the rest of the crew of the Boheme,is this a Re-enactment?"
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #1530 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:32 am »

Yes, sir replied Gloria. She grabbed Esmond once again and they left Patrick, moving inside the school.

"Mrs. O'Landry!" she called to Jen. "There's been a breach by some of the shaman's undead - constructs. We need to get the students to safety and mount some larger weapons."

Esmond held her. "Gloria." he said. "You've been teleporting all across this place! Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes. Thanks." she said between breathes. "I can handle this."

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« Reply #1531 on: May 28, 2009, 03:46:50 am »

Trip had walked up and, in his usual abrupt unexpected way, "oh hey jen and...others, I've got my favorite" referring to the giant gun slung on his back" what can i kill with it ....and also...who are you?" referring to Esmond and Gloria, he had not been around when they first showed up.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1532 on: May 29, 2009, 12:56:04 am »

Jock...
Aye, Commodore, I'm 'ere.

Dreyfuss was sick of this whole "divide-and-conquer" approach, he could feel his formerly-towering anger beginning to abate, and he decided He needed to bring in some help for the beleaguered school before he reverted back to just another man in slightly-burnt clothing.

This would be a good time to bring the St. Elmo over, Jock, we're going to need heavy weaponry; tell Captain Scoville that any ranger capable of killing with the whitefire or who has an Aether gun of any kind are especially in demand.

Aye, sir, We're already on th' way.
Jock sent back.

At that moment, the rushing roar of the St. Elmo's ducted centrifugal fans made themselves heard, and the top of the envelope showed ver the rooftops, the obs deck's guns firing salvo after salvo, blowing up and smashing to bits hundreds of thugs and completely smashing the zombies; then, two rockets zipped away from the launcher ports in the bow, moving too fast for any but the sharpest eyed person on the ground to see that the warheads were larger than normal. Each one struck just outside the defensive perimeter, setting off the large-board mondragon heads.

Two entire waves of attackers simply disappeared, along with large scallops of the ground beneath them. The nimbus of the aetheric detonations caused whatever clockwork Zombies were left, outside the impact zones (and even a few who had managed to slip into the school) to blast themselves to pieces, unable to take the strain of so much excitation in the fabric of the aether that kept them alive and operating.

The Elmo's Battle Stations klaxon then sounded over the battlefireld, and the rangers poured out of teh rear envelope hold doors, accompanied by Captain Scofield and Esmeralda, who began blasting away all around them with blaster and whitefire; Then Nadya joined them, and things began to look very bad for the zombie army...  Jock, for his part, took over automatic control of the St. Elmo's weaponry, and engaged the demon airships, proving that the steel spar and nose cone did indeed have their uses, (in addition to being fiercely decorative) as he rammed completely through one and then poured broadside after broadside into the other two, causing all three to explode and crash to the ground.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:27:42 am by MWBailey » Logged
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1533 on: May 29, 2009, 01:41:27 am »

To Gloria, Jen snapped, "Yes, yes, go for it."

She then turned to Samuel, angrily backing him up against the wall.

"No, Mr. Snocull, this is not a re-enactment. Boarding schools do not, as a general rule, host re-enactments during lunch time. The school is really under attack, people are really dying, and if you do not stop treating this like a very entertaining joke, I will really start removing non-essential body parts with this really real sword. Now if you'll excuse me I have students to defend."

Turning on her heel, the thin witch began to corral students and restore some kind of order on the common room.

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1534 on: May 29, 2009, 04:26:25 am »

Patrick heard Jen's sword-based threat, his heart glowed with a sweet and warm pride. He was sure his persuasion tecnuiqes had rubbed off on her. Patrick left off scraps, the large and equally sharp canine bounded into the crowd of clockwork revenants, his metal, segmented tounge flopping along the side across his sharp, blade-filled maw. His large, coin-sized eyes shimmered with puppy-like excitement and playfullness. Clockwork horrors flew through the air, flying like limp cloth dolls. Their bodies rolled along the floor, metal and clockwork skidding across the ground.
Patrick headed towards Jen's side, examining the sarcastic newcomer, a still-smoking raygun clenched in both of his white-knuckled fists.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1535 on: May 29, 2009, 04:29:35 am »

Angel was playing pinball with Cain with her wide wingspan and the fairly narrow hall thugs were being knocked around like ninepins.  She even knocked some out of the windows, they were quite grateful they were only on the second floor.  It was too late to doge when the thugs heard the tell tail giggle.  

As they cleared the hall Helena and Sigmund followed behind making sure the fallen caused no more problems.  Helena had a almost frantic kinetic style of fighting that flowed and flourished almost like dance, while Sigmund was far more efficient and use the absolute minimum needed to get the desired results. They worked well together and soon they had made it to the common room.  

"Hi Jen lady we have come to make sure every one is safe."  Angel liked Jen quite a bit and not just because she made very good cookies with jam in them.

Emma fought by Trip's side falling in to old well practiced rhythms from their time above the Boheme.  Everything was going quite smoothly until one of the people Emma was quite sure died at the end of Trip's e sword tossed her against the wall with superhuman strenght.  "Patrick, it looks like we are dealing with the walking dead again!"  Emma yelled changing her ray gun to the heat setting, A zombie with a vaporized head was no threat to anyone.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1536 on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:15 am »

"It's always tha bloody zombies! Why can't tha big pan-dimensional villain just send us some fluffy bunnys or somethin'!?"
He lets loose a blast from his gun, letting a stream of searing white light pour forth from the barrel of his gun, destroying the upper half of an approaching revenant. Melted metal and seared flesh fell to the ground, staining the white carpets.
"Dont let 'em get to tha students! Protect 'em at all costs!" Patrick roared, firing another blast into the head of an approaching undead.

Sigmund grabbed the hand of a hoodlum. A sabre was clenched in the attempted assailant's hand. A violent snapping motion later, and Sigmund had a brand new weapon in hand which made his work far more bloody and much quicker.

Cain moved in fluid motions, a dance of whirling blades and ancient song. A revenant's waist was seperated from his torso, then his head followed soon after. However, a construct-corpse managed to get through his strike range. Its sharp steel claws digging into his shoulders as metal teeth dug into his neck.
Sparks and hydraulic fluids gushed from his wound like blood. Cain's wild swinging managed to decapitate the attacker, but he fell to the ground soon after. The grevous wound would have killed a being of flesh.
However, Cain was not exactly benefiting from the damage.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1537 on: May 29, 2009, 05:12:33 am »

Another revenant tied to strike at the wounded Cain but Angel knocked through the window.  "I said no hitting my Cain." She said trying to patch him up through song but it was imperfect. 

Emma fired off another round of light taking some of the revenants down and then smiled.  "If anyone has a lead slinger I seem to have over half a box of heat rune inscribed bullets in my back pocket."   

Helena found a short sword that she used in concert with a stubby wooden club to stop the advancing horde while they fought a song broke out the the common room.  Anna was getting the others to sing a song of aid and clarity to those fighting to protect them.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1538 on: May 29, 2009, 05:31:10 am »

Dreyfuss left Captain Scofield, Nadya, and Esmeralda in charge of the outdoor mopup, and walked into the school itself, to see if he could lend a hand. Or a wing, as it were. he did just that as he came through the still-doorless front portal; two thugs, one coming from either side just inside the doorway, tried their very best to both decapitate and disembowel him simultaneously, but he noticed their stink, and their... whatever uncle Caractacus had called a person's personal energy field...before he entered, and he was ready and had his sword halfway out.

But the wings were faster, each slashing a thug from crotch to jaw with the brass-and-silver feathers. He flapped them once or twice to throw off the blood; he had been thinking about asking Patrick for a cure for the wings, but after seeing how handy they could be, he instead said, "Well, if you two keep up the good work, you can stay." He looked ahead of him, and saw Gloria looking oddly at him, and somewhat angrily. "Oh! Please pardon me, Miss Gloria, I was talking to my wings! I'd been thinking about having Patrick remove 'em, but now I think I'll keep 'em." he said, smiled disarmingly, and stalked off down the hallway, looking for thugs or zombies to "mop up."

His wings were unfurled but in much better order this time, and allowing him full control, so he was able to prevent any problems, just as if he were walking as he had all his life before he had wings. Suddenly there was movement out of the corner of his left eye, and a big brute of a thug with an impossibly large sword slashed down at him, obviously trying to grant his earlier, rescinded wish. Dreyfuss  countered with an upward swing, and the two blades met, the thug's large sword severing the tip of Dreyfuss' saber. Dreyfuss did not dare to stop, he needed to dispatch such a huge danger to the school and his friends. he started battering away at the larger sword, beating the fellow back, but losing a few inches of the saber's blade every blow or two in the process; apparently the intense heat of the flame being (he suddenly realized he wasnt all flames anymore) had taken the temper out of the blade.

Finally, the thug sliced the saber away at the hilt, and Dreyfuss was left swordless -- until little Robert yelled at him from a door on the other end of the hall, and threw him a sword. Dreyfuss deftly caught it by the hilt, narrowly missing the half-basket guard (!), and quickly thrust under the fellow's guard as he flung the sword back up, up, for a killing slash; Dreyfuss yanked the rapier-like saber free from the thug's abdomen, blocked the downward fall of the big blade with a sloping, glancing block, and then whipped the blade in over the big sword, and slashed the fellow's thick neck, nearly severing his head.

The thug fell down, dead. Dreyfuss looked, then, at the sword that Robert threw to him-- it was his old sword! the kid had reforged it, and just in time, too. He wanted to hug both his old steel friend, and the boy at the same time; he settled for shaking the budding young swordsmith's hand, and thanking him both for his intervention and his workmanship. "I may have more business for you, Robert," he said, "more swords similar to this one, but we'll just have to wait and see."

Emma's remark about slug throwers, echoing down from upstairs, reminded Dreyfuss of the silver-loaded Webley that habit had forced him to continue carrying, and he pulled it out from his coat at about the same instant that three zombies came down the hall behind him
and fired it point-blank into their hearts, BOOM. BOOM, BOOM, adn they fell to ash.

Emma! he called, shoot 'em with silver if you've got it! Head or Heart, whether you have silver or not!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 06:58:09 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1539 on: May 29, 2009, 05:59:22 am »

Emma was quite brave and had become a rather formidable fighter but sometimes her common sense would take a brief vacation and lead her to do things like rummaging through her pockets in the middle of a battle looking for silver. Thankfully Helena was not as detracted and stopped a blow from a thug that wanted to take Emma's head off. "Oh bother I left my sliver knives on the ship." Emma said blasting the thug half detracted.  "I should really make some sort of kit for dealing with the undead to have about.  They always seem to cause such problems and I never seem to be prepared."  Emma mumbled on while Helena shook her head,  Her employer could be such a silly woman sometimes.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1540 on: May 29, 2009, 06:52:40 am »

Nadya suddenly displaced into the hallway beside him. I must be getting used to her doing that, Dreyfuss thought. A month ago I'd be jumping out of my skin...

Suddenly a thug jumped out and tried to grab Nadya, who kicked him away and beheaded him at the same time, but in the same movement nearly losing her balance and knocking herself backwards; the right wing caught her. He wasnt sure if the wing did it by itself, or he controlled teh wing, but the end result was still Nadya being very gently returned to her feet, adn she clinging to the wing, apparently captivated by the seeming iridescence of the metallic feathers, running her hand along the upper pinion as it caught and supported her. Dreyfuss shivered . such an odd and...goood sensation...

He shook himself and returned to himself just in time to run a thug through the chest, the pink foam announcing a lung strike. He reared back, put his foot on the fellow's shoulder, and puuulled the sword free, then slashed the miscreant's head from his shoulders. He briefly turned his head toward her then, and smiled at her. Thee, I love, he sent, then; and she smiled back...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:04:30 am by MWBailey » Logged
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #1541 on: May 29, 2009, 09:58:25 am »

"Undead." said Gloria, knocking a few of the advancing monstrosities back.

"Right." replied Esmond, loading the silver bullets. They'd seen these things before. Between Gloria keeping him covered and his extended view of time, he was able to calmly aim the revolver until her was perfectly sure of the resulting headshot. He continued to pick them off at a slow rate, while it appeared in real time as if he was firing randomly, with the exception that every bullet made it's mark.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1542 on: May 29, 2009, 12:30:20 pm »

Cain sat up, though his head was tilted a bit oddly. Angel had suceeded in a temporary fix, Patrick's services would be required when he wasn't so distracted cutting down undead with blasts of marble-colored light, melting away revenant flesh and leaving behind brass and bone skeletons, charred black.
A disturbingly wide grin was across the young man's face. The glory days seemed to return with each and every joyous swing of steel and blast of hot aetheric enegy.

Sigmund fought behind helena, their styles of battle clashing and collaberatively becoming a nigh impenitrable fighting style. Helena's broad and powerful sweeps knocked thugs and undead to the floor. Sigmund's precise thrusts, grabs, and slashes never gave the opponent time to retaliate, only allowing them fleeting seconds to ponder why it was that they could see the rest of their body from the floor as it flopped around before hitting the ground.
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1543 on: May 29, 2009, 01:06:13 pm »

Jen smiled at the sound of her students singing. The hours of practice had paid off - they were note perfect. At the shout of "Silver!" she grabbed a silver knife from a nearby table, and began to sing of heat and reforging to it. Then she parked her sword between her knees and drew the ends of the knife apart, stretching it out. When it was as long as the blade of her katana, she let go and the silver flew towards the balde, binding itself to the steel. Jen picked it up and ran into the corridor, her modified blade going through the undead like a hot knife through butter.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1544 on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:33 pm »

Dreyfuss watched in dismay as the as-yet-unfired silver bullets were yanked from their cartridges in the Webley revolver, and flew to join with Miss Jen's blade.he hastilyt ejeted all of teh cartridges, left the pistol open, and stuck th ebarrel-and-cylinder portion intop a suspender loop, and intermittently reloade dteh webley and sliced, thrust, stabbed and slashed into the thugs with his sword finally having reloaded all 8 rounds, he pulle dthe pistol free, snapped it upwards, slamming it closed, reached Miss Jennifer's side, firing point blank into the hearts and heads of five of the clockwork horrors, which had cirlced around behind Miss Jen's back. Accident? Intent? Who knows? But they were there, and so Dreyfuss sprang into their path and destroyed them -- just as Jens blade came around in what would have been a brilliantly-timed backward, blind cut that would have sliced though all five chests in exactly the right place. He saw this, and realized that all of that was about to happen to him...

And then the wings suddenly swept forward in a powerful flap, and he was almost instantaneously five feet away =from the rapidly-transiting blade. Jen glanced behind her then, saw Dreyfuss, a look of mortification coming over her face.

"It's all right, Jen, I'm out of range; Sorry, I didnt think you knew they were there." He saluted with the sword, and turned and somehow the wings picked him up so tyhat he flew up the stairs, arriving at the top just in time to almost-accidentally skewer a clockwork revenant that had managed to get behind Emma as she faced down the corridor toward the Dormitories.

The thing fell away to ashes, and he grappled away in the rather-scorched possibles bag for the Boat Gun, since there were about six thugs and three zombies coming from the direction of the dorms. He finally managed to grab it and pulled it out, checked to be sure it was capped (it was), and cocked teh hammer, said, " 'Scuse meee ladies, if ya will," pushing through between Helena and Emma, pointing the oversized blunderbuss down the middle of the hallway, and pulling the trigger. after the roar had stopped echoing and the smoke cleared, only one confused zombie and one badly-dazed thug were left, and were quickly cut down by a charging Helena and Sigmund.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1545 on: May 29, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »

Angel hugged her Cain in between fighting off aggressors.  She was very happy to see he was getting better.  Together they joined with the others and drove the thugs and zombies slowly out of the school and in to the wide open front drive.  Once outside Cain and Angel started swooping down on them from above and watching them scatter.  Angel was having fun until she reached the gates where a lone figure was watching things with cold eyes.  As she got closer the pain from before came back.  "Cain that is another bad thing.  I think it is what is making the dead things walk."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1546 on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:04 pm »

Dreyfuss reloaded the boat gun, remembering the voyage to St. Petersburgh such a short and yet long time ago; how he had gained enough energy to fight with the whitefire: other fire! there were small fires burning and smoldering all over the the former front lawn of the school; bodies, wooden parts of weapons, the remains of the demon airships, ahhh, such bright, powerful fire there was there... many things were smoldering or burning outright. He began to pull the energy of their flames to his inner flame. slowly, but gaining speed as his strength began to be bolstered, the tiny fires and smoldering embers went out, until no fires or smoke were to be found anywhere.

Finally Dreyfuss was ready, and he pulled the whitefire pistol out as well, marching with the others toward the lone figure with the malevolent eyes. He then took to the air, lashing out with the whitefire, driving it through the hearts or heads of many, if not most, of the remaining clockwork corpse-folk. He mowed down the thugs as well, causing many of them to suddenly bolt for the gates, nearly overwhelming the demonic individual standing there.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:41:59 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1547 on: May 29, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »

Cain hugged Angel tightly, attempting to alleviate her pain, his eyes darting across the carnage laden scene to spot her vicarious tormentor.
"Show yourself! Whatever you are, I want you to stop this right now! I'll end it myself if you refuse to stop!" Cain roared as he continued to scan the landscape for the attacker.

Patrick slammed the door behind them, waving a white-fire coated hand over the handles of the dual-doors of the acadamy. Both claw-ended handles folded themselves like the arms of a flustered child, barring further entrance.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1548 on: May 29, 2009, 07:30:33 pm »

well, that sthat, then, Dreyfuss sai dto himself, seeing from afar the door handles folding over themselves,ahaving heard teh slam of the doors, now masterfully repaired and newly-impenetrable.

Hopefully, nothing remained inside to threaten the students or their two inestimable keepers. Below, Esmeralda saw the doors close and wrap their handles together, and wondered if they had really intended to lock her out, and if it was permanent.

Surely, they wouldn't be so unfair, she thought, Mother took me out against my will, and Uncle Jaisen only took me to Texas because he  felt that Uncle Caractacus would want to see me. And he was such a dear when we went to visit... She dabbed her nose and eyes with her handkerchief, and then wiped her cutlass on a nearby discarded jacket, sheathed it, and checked her othe rweapons. Colt, yes. Peppermill, yes. whitefire pistol, check. dagger, check. Head screwed on straight ummm... oh well, better than beheaded...

She then made sure her uniform still fit straight, and went to join her once-again-airborne uncle and the others by the gates.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1549 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:22 pm »

Helena nearly growled when she saw how the thing at the gate was hurting Angel.  "Sigmund let's go show that thing just exactly what it is dealing with."  She was grinning obviously invigorated by the battle

"Go away." Angel shouted at the wavering thing below them.  Emma took her cue from Angel and opened fire on the figure the thugs looked to be avoiding.  It's disguise could not hold and it was reveled for the monster it was.  There were screams from the thugs as they ran their horror in discovering their boss was quite evident.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: