The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 26, 2020, 01:34:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 130245 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #1500 on: May 26, 2009, 02:58:29 pm »

Emma worked frantically but she was smiling this pressure made it feel like old times.  Heart beating like a freight train she put the final touches on her device and ran to the gates as fast as she could set it down and started the clockwork timer.  "Everyone take cover! I am not entirely sure what it going to happen," She bellowed as she ran past.  Emma was very good at running she had lots of practice.  The grenades went off but their power was channeled away from the physical realm and in to the aether. There was a wave of energy that passed over the crew and the school leaving nausea, disorientation, passing out and having flames leap from ones mouth in it's wake.  The mental attacks stopped but most didn't notice at first because of the side effects.  Helena much to her own embarrassment crumpled in Sigmund's arms dizzy and weak.  Emma fell to the ground and curled up in to a little ball wishing the sky and ground would stop rotating wildly around her.  Nadya had her lips firmly closed after nearly igniting her hair. 

The wave rolled on and Cain stopped struggling and Angel's skin took on a greenish tone as she was sick for the first time in her life.  "My tummy feels funny." she moaned.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1501 on: May 26, 2009, 03:13:44 pm »

Dreyfuss lowered Cain to the grond and turned off all but the rope tied to the tree, while he strove to avoid incinerating his clothing or any one standing nearby. He hoped this fire-breathing wouldn't continue; he didnt think his moustache would last.

He noticed tiny white, green, red, yellow, adn blue flames in his peripheral vision. he looked to either side, and saw that his wings were fully extended and festooned with tiny multicolored flames.
Great, now I'm a christmas tree, he thought sourly...

the firebreathing finally abated, the colored flame swent away, and Nadya was able to breathe properly again.Dreyfuss, still feeling a bit peaked, managed to get his wings to shrink andfold down almost against his back, but they stayed up slightly, as if prepared to suddenly spread and expand and take him away to happier climes. "Nadya?" he asked, "What are you doing here? Where's Esmeralda?"

Nadya looked her Comodoro in the eye, and said, "she wanted to stay at the ship and send with Lotta; something about keeping her spirits up, Lotta's spirits, that is. I'm here because you and my brothers are here."

Dreyfuss felt flattered to be included in such dear company, but held his tongue. Did she mean that the way it sounded? Judging from the way Emilian had been looking at him, he thought perhaps the younger fellow didnt like him much. Oh well, fall for the girl, you fall for the family too, he considered. Maybe the boy'd come to tolerate him as time went by. He surely wasn't going to go waltzing out of this wonderful girl's life just because her brother looked at him funny...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:12:15 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1502 on: May 26, 2009, 09:51:05 pm »

The shaman snarled, his connection snapped like rotted bone, splinters of the shaman's being flying through the air like wood chips from a tree, snapped by some powerful beast.
Cain's senses return, no longer is he awash in the choking sea of the shaman's influence. Angel dances on the celing, her milky skin gone a pale green. He struggles to get down to help her as best he can.
 Talos sees his humanity return and breaks the anchor's line. Cain plummets to the ground and scrambles up like a wounded rabbit, wrapping his arms around Angel, though not wanting to jar the contents of her stomach from the rest of her.
"Angel...what's happened?" His voice rings with humanity, the shaman's bond breaks for now. The shaman seeths.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1503 on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:38 pm »

Angel curled up in Cain's arms. "I don't feel good.  My tummy is all twisted up."  The ripples from the aether imbalance Emma caused were effecting her badly.

Helena was finally able to stand on her own feet and look Sigmund in the eye.  "What was that?" She asked in a breathless voice.

Emma laid on the ground very still in case the vertigo came back. "Did it work."  She called out when she finally became brave enough to open her mouth.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1504 on: May 26, 2009, 10:24:12 pm »

"Thanks, Talos," Dreyfuss said, "I guess that bomb left me kind of less-intelligent..."

Dreyfuss went over and hugged Nadya, and held her close for a second, almost as much for his sake as hers; she seemed to need it more, though, and he hoped it did her some good. Then they helped each other over to Emma, who was still curled up like she was trying to curl around her stomach, and together raised her up and helped her to sit up. "Miss Emma, are you OK? Yes, it worked, apparently, but lets hope we don't have to do a bunch of 'em in quick succession. I don't fancy turning inside-out stomach-first."

He stopped and thought for a moment. I needed to hold her? thethought was a slightly scary one; even with Mariana, he hadn't felt that way. Maybe it was just an aftereffect of Emma's aether countermeasure. Come to think of it, he thought, Arachne must be around here someplace, needing Nadya.
"Anybody seen Madame Arachne?" he asked.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:33:54 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1505 on: May 26, 2009, 10:52:06 pm »

"I am all right but I think I am going to stay here for a while in case the world decides to lose it's grip on me again."  Emma looked quite green herself and was holding on to the trunk of a tree for dear life.  "I never want to do that again." She groaned.
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1506 on: May 26, 2009, 10:58:13 pm »

As her students retched and turned interesting shades of green, Jen reeled. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she dropped to the floor in a faint.

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Judicator
Zeppelin Captain

This Is My Fancy Picture Caption Quote

« Reply #1507 on: May 27, 2009, 01:01:19 am »

The wave of aether energy had broken the Aether Demons connection,but that was just the tip of the iceberg.They had much more in plan.The Aether Demons,though slightly weakened,regrouped to call forth the real attack,which consisted of multiple gangs of humans that they had rounded together and conned into working for them.The remaining two Shamans and the Knight decided that,since everyone was quite wounded to,they would put their initial plan into action.The Knight sprouted his bat like wings and flew to the head of the gangs and led them towards the school from the front,while the Shamans found two unsuspecting gang members and absorbed them,and shape shifted into them,this gave them the chance to infiltrate the school easier.

The gangs surrounded the school and drew their various guns and swords,the two Shamans prepared to bring back many,many dead victims as clockwork-cyborg-zombie minions,and the lone Aether Demon Knight drew his incredibly huge great sword and prepared for the attack.

-----

Vortex was probalby affected most by the blast.Being that he was so very connected to the aether,almost made out of it,and that he was so close to the explosion he took alot of damage.Despite the damage taken and the worst headache in the world,he managd to do his job,and sense the aether demons and many,many humans outside the school.After struggling for a few minuets he managed to open a connection with Gloria.

Gloria?Gloria do you see the humans that surround us?Are the Aether Demons there,I can sense only one,and even that is just barely.They must be masking their presence.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1508 on: May 27, 2009, 01:31:32 am »

Sigmund kissed Helena's forehead, the blast effecting his balance and causing him to waver for a moment. The prescence of the aether demons burned him horribly, the feeling was as if he were on fire. But as he held Helena close, the burn converted into something else entirely. The fire which once seared and charred his being now warmed him, a sweet inviting warmth that enveloped him. Helena could feel it too, tounges of flame lapping against her skin harmlessly like silk ribbons blown upon a desert wind.
He lay Helena down, knowing she would be sick for a few moments more.
He stood tall, like a hero of greek mythology. He headed outside to the scene of the attack.
  A posessed thug charged him armed with a sturdy looking cricket bat. Sigmund lay back and let his training move his body. He ducked the swing and grabbed his wrist. With a fluid motion he watched as shards of the bone peirced the pink, ruddy flesh of his assailant. His scream was like an old friend. With a flick of his wrist, the thug was on the floor, the bat in his hand.
"Come now boys." He said with a disturbingly calm voice. "I've not got all day."

"Ssshh It's okay Angel. I'm here, those bad...whatever they were will not get me again." Cain stroked her belly, hoping to alleviate her nausia if not just a little bit.
"Look! Sigmund is coming to help...us..."
He watched in terror as blood and bone peirced pink flesh and a young man fell. He saw the stoic look of inhuman sureness on Sigmund's face. He did his best to divert Angel's gaze.

Patrick rushed to Jen, helping her up as best he could. He scooped her up, carrying her to a nearby couch and laying her down. He could sense the coming of the mobsters. The seige on his school would end here and now.
He swore it.
"Scraps!" He called. The metallic dog skittered down the stairs readily, standing like a royal marine prepared for combat. Patrick created a ball of white fire.
"Catch boy." He hurled the flame into the school kitchen, Scraps knew what came next. The metal mutt bounded for the kitchen, wrapping his jaws around the insubstantial ball. The kitchen wares hurled themselves towards him.
The glory days were back again.
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #1509 on: May 27, 2009, 01:59:38 am »

"Yes, sir." agreed Gloria. "There's quite a few. The one you must be sensing is the Knight - he's incoming far too  fast. But I can see... abominations. There must be at least two shamans. I can teleport behind their lines - have the students hold out against the thugs until I can silence the shamans."

Meanwhile, Elisha had taken up a position by the main door, having throw the remains of some furniture to construct a makeshift barricade. He fired in a steady rhythm, keeping the thugs off the main steps. This was an opponent he knew how to face. However, they were moving all around the school now.

Gloria teleported herself and Esmond to where she had felt the shamans. To her dismay, there was nothing in sight. A few gang members charged her. She held out her hands, the air rippling as the thugs were knocked backwards, screaming at the bloody gashing tearing across them. Gloria breathed heavily. Teleporting took a lot of energy and she had been doing quite a bit since she got here.

More thugs tried to take the opportunity to kill her. Two raised pistols - before they had even pointed them, Esmond was on them, his body and saber almost a blur. The men screamed as their hands were neatly sliced off. Esmond laid into the rest with ease until Gloria was able to pull them back.

Sir! she sent to Vortex. I couldn't find the shamans - they must be disguising their forms. They could be at the school by now. You have to watch the halls and the students!

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1510 on: May 27, 2009, 02:00:38 am »

The nausea was ebbing and Helena was able to see straight again. Sigmund looked like something out of a nightmare, Flecked with blood and with a frighteningly calm look on his face.  She stood slowly pushing away the weakness with everything she had.  Another thug lunged at Sigmund's back and was knocked aside by punch that would have made a prizefighter proud thrown by a rather surly looking Helena  "You are not fighting without me."

"Cain this is wrong and it hurts. Make it stop."  The closeness to the aether demons in the flesh was disrupting some of her internal regulators and flooding her with pain.  She screamed and Emma stood shakily and tried to ready and aim her ray gun.  No one was allowed to hurt Angel like that.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1511 on: May 27, 2009, 03:31:55 am »

"so glad you could join me." Sigmund said stoically, dragging his foot across the soft ground, sending a thug rolling towards the ground. A second thug attempted to thrust a shattered bottle towards him. He bent like the wind, redirecting his thrust so the glass embedded itself into the other thug's belly.
Sigmund's cold one heritage made itself evident, as with every thrust of his fist he seemed to grow more and more cruelly cunning. His blocks, swings, and thrusts caused bones to break, tendons to snap, and noses to bleed. All the while, he instructed Helena on how to improve her own hand to hand combat.
"Might I suggest curling your fingers so they meet at the front of the palm rather than at the center. Let them curl inward with each thrust to allow for two blows in one punch."
Sigmund spoke in stoic experience.

"It's okay Angel. I am here, no-one will ever hurt you..I swear." He extended his deus blades, prepared to do battle should the aether daemons approach him or Angel. He wouldnt let these beasts lay a hand on her.

Scraps charged through the door of the academy, Patrick riding upon his back and crying out a familiar battle cry he had learned in a flight over africa by a man by the name of Shaka.
His back was bristled with a collection of weaponry from his own gallery. Throwing axes dangled from his waist, a pair of rayguns were held in each hand. His spanner-sword was strapped to his back.  Scraps reared his metal head, the once foot-high dog now stood resembled a steel warhorse that would have made ghenghis khan envious.
"Come on ya bleedin-rats! I'll blast yer arses from 'ere ta timbuktoo!"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1512 on: May 27, 2009, 03:53:04 am »

Dreyfuss used what his uncle had taught him so long ago; "when you're at low ebb, make yourself angry, lad," he had told him. Soon, Dreyfuss' unlimited well of everlasting anger was bubbling to the surface, and he drew his saber and limned its edge with whitefire. He swung the saber at a great. hulking fellow who laughed at the seemingly-puny winged apparition in fron of him; his laugh turned to a horrified gasp as the fire along the edge of the saber suddenly extended the edge far beyond the actual tip of teh sword, and sliced through him and five of his comrades.

The press of battle; the sheer tide of numbers soon had Dreyfuss isolated amid a sea of foemen, whose bodies began to pile up in a wide circle around him. Piling like cordwood, until he noticed and began to walk slowly forward, slashing and mowing the resurrected humans like grisly wheat, making his way like the scytheman in the fields, toward a shimmering vagueness that experience, on a government assignment in Land's end, had taught him meant that someone was hiding behind a glamour of obfuscation.

He began to occasionally throw balls of whitefire at the figures, three of them now, obvious in their lack of clarity in comparison to their surroundings. He thought that he could hear esmond shouting somewhere close by, but he couldn't see him.dreyfuss felt the flames in his eyes, now, the anger sill growing, he was close to becoming the flame-being again...
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1513 on: May 27, 2009, 03:55:00 am »

Elisha was cold, cold murder. His featureless face of the respirator stared blankly at the piles of victimes. The thugs started to disperse, realizing that the front way was a death trap.

"Hurry!" gasped Gloria. "They could be so close by now! We need to find those masked shamans. We need to..."

Her sentence was cut off as Esmond tossed her to the ground, narrowly preventing a decapitation by the Aether Demon Knight. She cursed, disoriented, before turning and sending ripples through the very fabric of the aether at the demon. Attacking it on the aether level was able to hurt it, pieces of it disintigrating. But it was much larger than the petite girl and soon she was weakening, not able to keep up with the demon's resistance. The demon reared up, ready to smash her into the ground.

"Save your energy for teleporting! We don't have the means to kill this thing right now." said Esmond, moving forwards while firing a hail of bullets at the beast. He moved faster than the demon, reloading and firing at a blinding pace to keep it off balance, aiming for the head. The beast struck its sword down at him. He backed at a lazy pace, or what was a lazy pace to him. He then stepped onto the massive sword, sprinting up the flat edge of the blade to deliver a greivous blow with his sabre, neatly decapitating the demon. The body fell backwards.

"Now come on." he said. "We don't have much time before..." He was already too late. The head, which lay on the ground, was still burning its eyes in wrath. A series of tentacles spurted from the bottom and it scutted back to it's body, regaining control. A massive foot kicked Esmond in the back knocking him over.

"No." said Gloria firmly. "I can handle this. I am an Aether Warden. She closed her eyes, focusing as hard as she could, then teleported. To the demon's surprised, she had teleported onto his shoulders as he was getting up, holding his head.

"What the hell are you doing?!" said a shocked Esmond. He flowed over the demon's reaching arms, cutting at it's head with one hand while reaching for Gloria with the other. Suddenly, they were teleporting again.

"Ha! I...did...it!" gasped Gloria, then gave a little shriek as she dropped the now removed Aether Demon head.

"What the hell were you thinking?" said Esmond, stabbing his sabre down and pinning the head to the ground.

"I was fighting demons. You're not the only one who can do that. Now we just need to dispose of the head."

"And how the hell do you intend to do that?!" he asked, exasperated.

She then teleported both of them to where Dreyfuss was. Esmond held the severed head out with disgust on the end of his sword.

"No time to hesitate" he said. "Do you have something that could incinerate this? Totally?"

"And hurry!" he added. He saw that the demon's winged body had got up and was heading right for them.

-----

Meanwhile, one of the thugs that had been recently slain by Patrick, opened it's eyes, watching the whitefire master. A small smile crept along the face of what was actually one of the shamans. When the boy's back was turned...then he could strike.

The other shaman had slipped into the school. Nonchalantly walking forwards, it shifted into the form of one of the students, heading for the safe room.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:56:50 am by Vancouver Air Privateer » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1514 on: May 27, 2009, 04:04:43 am »

Helena was tried out Sigmund's advice and was quite pleased when it worked.  Soon the thugs were dragging away their broken and wounded.  As a slightly off looking young man that watched them with appraising eyes as they ran in to the school to try and help. The Shaman was relishing the brutality and decided that these two were far superior to it's other pawns.  It had no luck getting in to the room with the tantalizing power in it but perhaps they could. The dusky one had already proved vulnerable to attack so it fell forward intent on taking her over. Helena reacted quickly to what she thought was a wounded student.   When she touched it a bolt went through her mind burning it to blankness.  The shaman drew new frighting shapes on this blankness and Helena calmly picked up a bat a thug had left and swung it at Sigmund.

Angel was a tight ball of pain when Emma arrived.  Emma tried to sooth her alongside Cain but there seemed to be nothing she could do. Angel shook them off and tried to stand, her wings were streaked with deep purple like bruises and she looked like she was in agony.  "The bad thing ate her up. We have to stop it."  
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1515 on: May 27, 2009, 04:07:44 am »

Dreyfuss didn't speak; he just drew the whitefire pistol, and grabbed the head with a tendril of fire, and turned the head to face him. the demon's head spat a gout of fire from its eyes but this was a smith born and bred, (whatever else he might have become) who held him now, and he accepted the flame, and absorbed it. The result was a blinding flash, and then Dreyfuss again stood alone as he had in that other London; a being of fire, who grabbed the head in both hands and crushed it into glowing ashes. "Got any more?" he asked Esmond, his voice echoing as he lashed fire at a tower of vagueness in front of him...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:04:14 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1516 on: May 27, 2009, 04:30:41 am »

The bat came down hard, three feet of pure oaken punishment, which Sigmund refused to accept. A black tentacle wrapped around the bat's head. With a twitch of black muscle, the wooden tool of death and recreation splintered, useless in the posessed woman's hands. Sigmund whirled around and gave the Shaman a terrifying sight.
His eyes.
Pure, white, and unrelenting. Eyes that sliced through the facade and saw the true face of the puppetmaster who pulled the strings of the woman he loved. Those eyes, like daggers of white flame. He wrapped both hands around Helena's head, funelling something through her being. Something that burned the demon worse than white fire.
Words.
Old words.
Words older than time before time. Words from when the multiverse was but a spec of dust in a complete nothingness. The shaman was wracked with a fear never before experienced. 
"Be gone from this woman, parasite!" The voice boomed through the universe. Unheard, but certainly not unfelt.

Scraps turned to the smiling corpse, his metallic bark shaking the soft earth beneath his back. Patrick aimed his ray carefully at the body.
"Stand, demon."
Patrick growled, his eyes burning with rage. Scraps teeth were steel knives, gritting against eachother, their blades shreiking warning in a visceral language to the being of flesh.

Cain Stood beside her, spreading his own wings and letting her lean upon her, the steel tree supported the flower which wrapped around it.
"I am not sure what you mean Angel, but I'll fight with you no matter what." His hand clasped around hers.
Talos sped off as quickly as his legs could carry him. A though had come across him like a cold electric blast of reality. Zoradysis was still in the gray room, scared and no doubt wondering where he was. He refused to let the one thing that made his life whole die at the hands of these...things. He imagined with each step what horrid act may be enacted upon her by these gruesome invaders. The terrible images pushing him further.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1517 on: May 27, 2009, 04:43:51 am »

Angel ran forward with surprising speed, ahead in the hallway what looked like a student was cowering while Helena clawed at Sigmund's hands and tried to get away.  "That is the bad thing." Angel said pointing to the student.  She started to sing but was very unsteady and almost tumbled over.  The power the terrified aether demon was sending out was taking a toll on her but still she tried to save her friend.  Emma held her up when Cain started to notice an unnatural flickering surrounding the student.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1518 on: May 27, 2009, 04:50:59 am »

"You will leave her!" Sigmund snarled in the old voice. It was like a dagger's blade on the chalkboard of the gods, wracking her posessor with an inconceivable pain which would drive humans to madness. Thankfully, only the demon would remember such pain, it passed over Helena's flesh as harmlessly as smoke.
"YOU WILL LEAVE HER" His voice came in the rumble of the earth, and the cracking of branches.

Cain charged to the suspicious student, the prescence of his Deus within his being tore away at his disguise. The technology of the bright ones peeling away the veil of the beast.
"You are no student! Show me your true face, demon!"
Cain's voice glowed like hot steel bathed in white fire.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #1519 on: May 27, 2009, 05:03:13 am »

There was a crack and then silence the student shifted to a shocking demonic form. Angel let out a gasp and fell in to Emma's arms still and silent.  The power of the unmasking was too much for her.

Helena's hands stopped trying to rip Sigmund's hands away and embraced them.  She opened her eyes slowly.  There was blood on the whites of her eyes that was a sign of her struggles but other than that she looked whole.  "Oh god Sigmund what did I do?" Helena asked pulling him in close.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1520 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:44 am »

Nadya's voice called to him, then.

Dreyfuss, where are you? How can I help?

Nadya, unless you've completely flamed over, don't come out onto the grounds, its too --
there was a flash of whitefire, a scent like ozone mixed with fresh flowers, and ther ewas Nadya, eyes flaming but the rest of her dressed in her normal clothing, grinning defiantly up at him.
--Dangerous...

HE chuckled, even as he bregan to grapple with the demon in front of him, the glamour having been dropped. "you...enjoy doing...that, don't...you?"

"Yep," she said, as he hugged him.
"NADY--!" Dreyfuss looked on, horrified, and then mystified, as she absolutely failed to burn when she hugged him. The demon tried to use the distraction to break Dreyfuss' hold, knocking him back several feet, and then reaching for Nadya, who grinned, pulled her whitefire pistol, and let go a bolt the diameter of a small nail cask; the whitefire enveloped teh demon, then slowly burned him to ashes as they watched.

There you Go! Dreyfuss crowed, pulling his own whitefire weapon, and firing a bolt of pure rage as large as Nadya's had been, striking a second demon and blasting it to subatomiic particles. They both fired simultaneously at the third demon, still inside it's glamour, and watched as one bolt shattered the glamour and the shielding it provided, while the other blew the demon into flying embers.

Good Job, Mi Corazon, Dreyfuss sent, a warmth in his tone.

You, also mi Comodoro, Nadya answered, a warmth in her voice as well.
as the horde began to disperse in earnest, they turned their attention to its destruction, lest its elements menace anyone else in London...
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« Reply #1521 on: May 27, 2009, 06:42:56 am »

Trip stepped out of the air, coming from the time between times, he appeared near Cain and the unveiled demon.
"oh goody" he said dryly "more demons"
He pulled out his Esword and some sparking throwing knives. He grinned, not a pleasant, grin but a grin of bloodthirstiness..."you guys busted up my Place,the TBT, pretty d$#% good,time to return the favor"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:51:06 am by T.Taylor the Third » Logged

-“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1522 on: May 27, 2009, 07:56:56 am »

Esmond watched as the Demon Knight's body started to evaporate. "Good work, sir." he said to Dreyfuss, feeling that a respectful title was appropriate for someone with so much raw power.

"There were two more, but they're hidden!" said Gloria. "I can't tell which way they went."

"Well, there's one." said Esmond, pointing to the massive Shaman that now reared up in front of Patrick and Scraps. In a flash, he was on the ground.

"You do seem to be getting more aggressive" he noted wryly.

"We have to." she said. "This isn't cloak and daggers anymore. This is war."

She rippled space through the shaman, causing it to fall back, while Esmond unleashed a storm of bullets, each one infused with Aether. They stood by Patrick to help bring this one down.
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1523 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38:41 am »

Jen came to on a sofa. She felt awful. Groggily she looked around, to see an empty room. From outside, she heard the sounds of fighting, and felt the fear and rage of her colleagues and students - the students! Jen jumped off the sofa and checked to make sure her swords were still in place. Muttering a few phrases, she drew the blades and sent lines of fire along the edges, and ran full tilt back to the common room.

The students seemed mercifully unaware of what was going on, having been dragooned by a quick thinking English teacher into cleaning up the room. Jen smiled, glad they had soundproofed the common room. She took up a guard position outside the room, leaving a door open so she could hear what was going on inside.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #1524 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:42 pm »

"I think I pulled you free of the thing's grasp before you could do anything bad. Though you did try to crush my skull with a bat. But I forgive you."
He chuckled warmly, as if her attack were just a kindhearted joke. Sigmund's smile brought her a solace only he could give her.
"You'll be fine, though i'm rather surprised as to how I did that..." He stroked his chin, about to ponder the attack when his thoughs were quickly redirected from himself to the thug about to bludgeon Helena to death with a wrench. He grasped her shoulder, pulling her close to him, their chests touching. His tentacle extended, grabbing the wrench in mid-swing and thrusting iot foreward. The wrench smacked the thug in the forehead, causing him to fall to the floor in a heap.

Cain burned with a raging white fire. Tounges of ivory flame rolled off his skin as he approached the daemon. His fists clenched as he charged the demon, thrusting his blade foreward, his blade a gleaming beam of crimson sunlight. The blade nicked the demon's head, as it had quickly dived out of the way. The tip of its ear had been cleanly sliced off. Black fire leaked from the wound.
"My world is a happy world, get out of it now!" Cain commanded, his eyes now spewing forth white fire, tounges of the flame rose in the air as he spoke.

Patrick closed his eyes, chanelling white fire through his blade and letting it sail through the warm summer air into the demon's chest. There was very little recoil in the thrust, it was all like sliding a pin through a burlap doll.
He twisted the blade, attempting to worsen the wound.
"Everyone, think complicated thoughts or just think! It will want a new body soon!"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: