The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 01, 2020, 06:26:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Philadelphia? (PA, NJ, DE)  (Read 20575 times)
Black Tim
Deck Hand
United States United States

It takes a man to be a boy all his life.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:56 am »

I am new to the list as well.
I am in Chester County.

Smiley
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 02:52:05 pm »

as to events, i'm planning to attend both the Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire and the Steampunk World's Fair, both in NJ. as to events sooner than that - i don't know of any off the cuff. perhaps we should band together to put something into production, yes?

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 04:32:27 pm »

I've idling been wondering if any in the area would be interested in meeting at this nifty restaurant, Bube's Brewery http://www.bubesbrewery.com/ , in Mount Joy, near Lancaster, PA.  The whole place has a lovely atmosphere, from the Bottling Works pub to Victorian Alois's, and the Catacombs are such a lair.  They do have Victorian murder mysteries in the fancier Alois's.  If I could find the people, I'd love to have a Steampunk feast in the Catacombs (I've attended the Medieval, Pirate and Halloween feasts before. Lots of fun, not meant for children.).
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »

I've been to Bube's for quite a few functions. And it's only about an hour drive. There are a few other venues that could be nice. I live near a tiny shop that holds teas.
Tsirkus Fotografika
Swab

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 12:33:56 am »

Also in Philly!
imhardkore
Gunner

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 11:37:33 pm »

hello all. I am in Flemington NJ 15 min. from magical New Hope PA.

mr_Apricot
Officer

will_duffield
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 10:09:49 pm »

I would love to go with you, but is it the sort of brewery that allows minors in?
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »

I would love to go with you, but is it the sort of brewery that allows minors in?

Bube's?  Yep, they're a restaurant too.  You just can't sample  Wink
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »

i've been there a few times, and as far as going to the catacombs - being a minor is a non-issue. as previously stated, you will not be able to imbibe, but i hear good things about the food. the entrance/exit to the catacombs does not even go through any of the bars on premises.
Vickie
Deck Hand

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »

I live in Spring Mount which is just North-West of Philly. Been doing the Steampunk thing in SecondLife for several years. But only just starting in Real Life. I just found this forum when I googled Steampunk, PA and got this thread as one of the first hits.

Vickie Wunderland and/or Bitsy Vella in SecondLife.com
Siobhra in Real Life.
Black Tim
Deck Hand

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:03 am »

Metinks we need a Philly area meet-up!

Black Tim Bolton
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:34 pm »

Black Tim Bolton

not just Philly area...  Wink if i get my druthers, i'll put together a thread and maybe a gathering for the Harrisburg area
Vickie
Deck Hand

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 04:18:34 pm »

The Key to Meet-ups is lots of notice in advance. Do it monthly at the same location and expect a slow start. At first the location might move a few times but it is best to settle down on one location and time early. If most all come from the same area they will spin off their own Meet-Ups so don't keep having them in your area and make them all come to you or you will lose them.
A lot of people have weekly or monthly meetings now and will not or can not change them. So make sure the most people can come.
markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 05:22:54 pm »

Black Tim Bolton

not just Philly area...  Wink if i get my druthers, i'll put together a thread and maybe a gathering for the Harrisburg area
Harrisburg works for me too, and it's a shorter drive than to the Upper Ches Steam Defence League of the Baltimore/DC metro group even though I'm in MD.  markf

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
Black Tim
Deck Hand

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 06:07:07 pm »

That is excellent advice Vicki!
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 07:28:52 pm »

Harrisburg works for me too, and it's a shorter drive than to the Upper Ches Steam Defence League of the Baltimore/DC metro group even though I'm in MD.  markf

yeah, PA is kinda big! from where i live, it takes me about the same amount of time to drive to Baltimore as it does to go to Lancaster. and there are often random steamy places of interest in Harrisburg that are overlooked because it's not a city that promotes itself well/at all...
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »

I'm willing to help with that.  I live in Harrisburg, up near the Italian Lake Park. There's a few of us right in the area on the forum.  I know that "phang" lives in Steelton.

WillamDarkmore
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 10:50:47 pm »

Hello all, I'm new to the list also. I live a short distance from Pittsburgh, so the Harrisburg idea sounds great.lol. I'm new to Steampunk, but the best way to learn is to jump in right?
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 05:16:42 pm »

Hello all, I'm new to the list also. I live a short distance from Pittsburgh, so the Harrisburg idea sounds great.lol. I'm new to Steampunk, but the best way to learn is to jump in right?

feet first, lots of splashing and flailing  Grin More fun that way!

I'm originally from Western PA, small town called Clarion was the closest to the farm.

Tycho
Gunner

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 03:26:22 am »

I'm from Chester Springs and go to school in Pottstown, about an hour north from Philly!

I think I may be right across the river from you, in Royersford.
ironhill
Deck Hand

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »

I'd be willing to drive from Schuylkill Co. to either Harrisburg or Philly for a meet-up.

Also, maybe we could do a meet-up at the Wicked Ren Faire in 3 weeks if anyone is going.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 07:37:19 pm »

I'd be willing to drive from Schuylkill Co. to either Harrisburg or Philly for a meet-up.

Also, maybe we could do a meet-up at the Wicked Ren Faire in 3 weeks if anyone is going.

i know i'll be at Wicked Faire, although staying off-site. i can't imagine i'm the only one...
Vickie
Deck Hand

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:26 pm »

I'm from Chester Springs and go to school in Pottstown, about an hour north from Philly!

I am in Spring Mount, near Schwenksville. I was over near Royersford earlier today. Pottstown, Royersford, Schwenksville. Sounds like a meet-up begging to happen. Now lets find a place.
422 is the main highway in the area so my suggestion is we meet just off the exit. I think there is a steak house there by the exit that we could meet. Street clothes for now. Anyone want to check it out?
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 12:18:55 am »

okay...i've finally got my druthers about me - i'm off to start a thread for a meetup or two or twelve for those in the Harrisburg area

EDIT - der, forgot - http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21877.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:46:55 am by Reni Valentine » Logged
Tycho
Gunner

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 02:13:22 am »

I am in Spring Mount, near Schwenksville. I was over near Royersford earlier today. Pottstown, Royersford, Schwenksville. Sounds like a meet-up begging to happen. Now lets find a place.
422 is the main highway in the area so my suggestion is we meet just off the exit. I think there is a steak house there by the exit that we could meet. Street clothes for now. Anyone want to check it out?
Sadly, I'm car-less, so the closer to Royersford itself we can do this the better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: