The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 21, 2019, 06:27:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Ottawa  (Read 6588 times)
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« on: February 22, 2009, 04:45:54 am »

Where can an interest in genuine red tape be an asset? In the Steampunk Ottawa group of course. Stodgy civil servants and tech heads by day, dashing air pirates and adventuresses by night, we have neo-gothic parliament buildings, a science and tech museum stuffed full of steam locomotives and the Wakefield Steam train (as of this writing). No big plans yet - worse case tea and scones at my place. More to follow.

See also the Steampunk Ottawa group on Facebook

Araneas

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:33:20 pm »

Steampunk Ottawa will be holding its first meet on April 25, 2009...pub to be announced.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:23:11 pm »

Before our April pub meet we have decided to have an introductory meet at our 1899 home.  We invite you all to an Afternoon Tea - 3:00 pm, Sunday, March 15.  There will be an event page on Facebook.  Or send myself or Araneas a private message for details.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:04:27 pm »

Steampunk Ottawa will be having a pub night on April 25. Check out the Facebook page for details http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=522674026&ref=name#/event.php?eid=59233802238&ref=mf - we would love to have you.  If you are not on Facebook send a private message to myself or Araneas for more details.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:24:56 pm »

Just a reminder about the Steampunk Pub Night in Ottawa this Saturday night! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=59233802238
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:42 am »

Steampunk Ottawa Pub night
Saturday, April 25, 2009
7:00pm - 11:00pm
Heart and Crown Pub
Preston Street
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:14 pm »

Join Steampunk Ottawa June 19 for an evening of tea, goodies and time travel to the 21st century to watch two new fangled electro-kinetic-photographs (the natives call them movies) .

7:00 pm - showing of 1st Episode of
"The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne" (2000)

8:00 pm - movie - "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (1959), written by Jules Verne, starring James Mason

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=522674026&ref=name#/event.php?eid=83138778619&ref=mf
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:09:00 pm »

Just a reminder about our movie night coming up this Friday, June 19.   
Anyone in the Ottawa area (or who would like to travel to our fine town) is most welcome to join us.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 11:05:42 pm »

Our movie night was a great success!  And now for something completely different:

Join Steampunk Ottawa at Major's Hill Park on Saturday, July 4 (rain date Sunday, July 5) for a Victorian style, steampunk flavoured picnic from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Bring your blankets, baskets and best manners.
A few of our members will also be participating in a game of Kubb. So entertainment is guaranteed.
http://www.facebook.com/lee.farruga?ref=name#/event.php?eid=94358681327&ref=mf
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 12:23:04 pm »

Reminder about our Steampunk Ottawa picnic - this Saturday, July 4 (rain date Sunday, July 5) at Major's Hill Park from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

We look forward to seeing everyone.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 11:57:14 am »

Going to the Carnivale

Steampunk Ottawa and the Toronto Steampunk Society will be putting on a joint event on August 15, 2009. Check out our event page http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2027722&id=1336148896&ref=nf#/event.php?eid=140807575280
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 01:15:44 pm »

As a prelude to our Carnivale event, and just to get everyone together, we will be hosting a BBQ Meet and Great on Friday, August 14.  All members new and old welcome to come and say hi to our steampunk neighbours from Toronto and Montreal who are coming to our fair city to attend the Carnivale the next day.  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=407826085000
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Dark Overlord of the S.A.S. Rising Sun

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 09:53:22 pm »

Oh barnacles, as if I have missed out on an opportunity to visit fellow Steam Punks in Ottawa and from Toronto!

Well do let me know when the next big event comes up. I will do my best to attend!

Opium Trader, Gun Fighter, Brawler, Nefarious Captain.
From shore to shore, from the open sky to the ocean floor..
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:30:58 pm »

If you are on Facebook join the Steampunk Ottawa and Toronto Steampunk Society pages and then you will get automatic invites to all upcoming events.

I'm looking forward to meeting you.
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11:14 am »

Done and done, bless the aethernet.

Hope to see you soon!
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:57:49 pm »

New event coming up in Ottawa

Workshop Day and Pub Night
Saturday, September 12, 2009

During the day bring your steamy ideas, materials and any personal tools you like. You can work in the garage on metal, wood or painting and in the house on art, sewing or knitting.
Then after all the hard work, we will retire to the Heart & Crown on Preston Street for some good food and drink.
For those attending the Pub Night only - please note that our reservation is for 6:00 p.m.
We will have tools for use as well and refreshments too.
Plain clothes are recommended for the workshop part. Costumes encouraged, but plain clothes are fine for the pub part.
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 09:33:40 pm »

Sounds absolutely lovely!

Tell me, how many members usually attend such gatherings?
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 02:48:16 pm »

That's hard to say.  The numbers have been steadily growing.  At the carnivale we had 37 people, however that included Toronto people. 

For this event, since the day part is free we may have more people, and then less for the evening, but you never know.

I"m guesstimating at this point about 20 people.  I'll know better closer to the day.
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 05:24:30 pm »

Well me and my lovely girlfriend shall be attending the pub night! That is assuming her friend doesn't hold a birthday party that day. As for the house visit, we are still very unsure. Could you please message me the house details and address please?
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »

I had forgotten to put our address on the Facebook event page, which I have now done. That then makes a Google map attachment showing how to get there. 

You should be good to find us now.   Smiley
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 05:34:09 pm »

Thank you ever so much.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 05:30:08 pm »

Reminder: Our Workshop Day/Pub Night is coming up this Saturday, September 12 starting at 1:00 pm

Our next event will be at the Naru2u anime convention in Ottawa during the weekend of October 9/10/11, 2009.  We will be doing a panel on "What is Steampunk?".   Here are the details
http://www.facebook.com/lee.farruga?v=info&ref=name#/event.php?eid=126112568804

Come out and join us....the more, the more awesome!
SteamLotus
Gunner
Canada Canada

Gravatar

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 05:24:13 am »

Thanks again for having my girlfriend and I in attendance! We met so many interesting individuals and engaged in excellent conversation. This is a group we definitely would love to be more involved in!
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 05:34:20 pm »

I'm glad you could both make it.  I am very glad you had such a wonderful time. 
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 05:37:45 pm »

For your edification, here are the links to our next two upcoming events in Ottawa - we would love for you to join us

Steampunk Ottawa Expedition to our local Museum of Nature

Steampunk Ottawa excursion to the OGS Yule Ball

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: