The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 15, 2019, 09:11:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steamtown National Historic Site, USA  (Read 1559 times)
Dr von Zarkov
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

<Maddest Scientist>

« on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:46 am »

The Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, Pennsylvania (USA), is recommended for its displays of steam locomotives. See the official and Wikipedia sites for details. An aerial view is available on Google Maps.

The enterprise began as Steamtown USA in Bellows Falls, VT and later moved to Scranton. Here is a short history and photos of the original site. More info and photos are available at steamlocomotives.com and Northeast Railfans.

"The fact that I wear the protective coloration of sedate citizenship is a ruse of the fox — I learned it long ago."
– Loren Eiseley
Mad Alice
Gunner

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »

I live about twenty minutes away from Steamtown. Too bad steampunk's not a big deal in NEPA. Undecided

"A man is less likely to become great the more he is dominated by reason: few can achieve greatness – and none in art – if they are not dominated by illusion." - Mr. Doctor
ironhill
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:48:45 am »

I live about an hour south of Scranton. It would be fun to organize an outing to Steamtown.
Damnd of Hell
Gunner

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:14:05 am »

I live around fourty five minutes south of Steamtown.  It is a great museum,the best time to go would be around late spring to early September.  That's when they open the sceneic tours of the area with the engine. 

The Lackawana mine tour is another great spot for a tour. 

Your Hell, is my paradise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: