The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 27, 2019, 07:31:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warlords, Rogue Generals, Captains, Engineers and Gentleman Adventurer's Club.  (Read 29971 times)
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:21 am »

For real drinks, are any members of this club (save TimeTinker who I think we can confirm) coming to the lincoln weekend? Myself and friends will be there in full RVN uniform, coming as the ward-room of the RVNZ Yarmouth Castle (Gunship, 4 heavy guns, 20 souls)
-Matt

Hell yes. I've had to commandeer the entire cargo hold of the Aurora Adeamus for my outfits alone.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
KrankyMarx
Deck Hand

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2009, 05:37:25 pm »

much obliged my good sir i noticed errrm... pirates and gold and well general pirate malarky of course i couldnt pay much attention as i was involved in a sublte game of mind war with thhe captain indeed

Barman, if you would be so kind as to bring this gentleman a Pint of Scotch...put it on my tab.
Here you are, my good fellow...try this tabac..good honest Turkish...Now then, did you note anything of import whilst aboard said vessel?
~MMDecadence
Gunner

May survive the Apocalypse.

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »

If i may I would like to join
  MMD of the disbanded Royal Marine Airborne Corps (Per Mare, Per Terram, Per Aer)
 Medic in rank and training.
Also versed in survival situations.
 Currently on the trail of Captain Robert of the HMS Ophelia for jettisoning supplys over my island I know it to be him as one of the crates that smashed in to the common leaving a large crater where our water purification plant used to be situated, That when opened was full of RN issue pork pie hats with the cap tally of the aforementioned vessel.
I would be hounored to be included amongst your ranks

I'm thinking of painting it. Any ideas on a colour?

I'm seeing a crossover of inspiration from two themes here..

firstly you should paint the whole thing nose-to-tail with a blue skies / clouds base coat, which would render it mostly camouflaged from the ground

then, taking inspiration (backwards maybe, i know the time line doesn't track but you could explain it away using the Beeblebrox Paradigm.. time machines and faulty contraceptives  Wink) from the p51 mustang you should bless her with a giant set of shark teeth at the front a'la:

the overall effect would be something akin to the worlds largest Cheshire cat Cheesy

I would suggest pale pink as this is the colour of Reconnaissance spitfires in WWII
Made them practically invisible
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:05:00 pm by ~MMDecadence » Logged

Give me fuel, Give me fire, Give me the Steam i desire.
~MMDecadence
Gunner

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2009, 06:39:17 pm »

For real drinks, are any members of this club (save TimeTinker who I think we can confirm) coming to the lincoln weekend? Myself and friends will be there in full RVN uniform, coming as the ward-room of the RVNZ Yarmouth Castle (Gunship, 4 heavy guns, 20 souls)
-Matt

I shall be there uniform (not a rvn one ) and all
KrankyMarx
Deck Hand

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:18 pm »

Decadence old chum its been a while what ho? i hope your not to upset still about that old buisness in Singapore les said the better ey? spiff spoff

If i may I would like to join
  MMD of the disbanded Royal Marine Airborne Corps (Per Mare, Per Terram, Per Aer)
 Medic in rank and training.
Also versed in survival situations.
 Currently on the trail of Captain Robert of the HMS Ophelia for jettisoning supplys over my island I know it to be him is one of the crates that smashed in to the common leaving a large crater where our water purification plant used to be situated, That when opened was full of RN issue pork pie hats with the cap tally of the aforementioned vessel.
I would be hounored to be included amongst your ranks

I'm thinking of painting it. Any ideas on a colour?

I'm seeing a crossover of inspiration from two themes here..

firstly you should paint the whole thing nose-to-tail with a blue skies / clouds base coat, which would render it mostly camouflaged from the ground

then, taking inspiration (backwards maybe, i know the time line doesn't track but you could explain it away using the Beeblebrox Paradigm.. time machines and faulty contraceptives  Wink) from the p51 mustang you should bless her with a giant set of shark teeth at the front a'la:

the overall effect would be something akin to the worlds largest Cheshire cat Cheesy

I would suggest pale pink as this is the colour of Reconnaissance spitfires in WWII
Made them practically invisible
Matthias Gladstone
Zeppelin Admiral

Call me Ishmael

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2009, 06:54:24 pm »

Marvellous! As a side note, RVN (Royal Vectis Navy) uniform is not necessary, in fact it's farely specific to our group. Military uniforms would be appreciated though; we could parade through Lincoln! Grin
-Matt

Southampton University Steampunk Society:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184948814914233/
KrankyMarx
Deck Hand

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2009, 06:58:42 pm »

I fought in the Chinese-Indonesian wars (for both sides) cant possibly wear both uniforms hmm... choices
~MMDecadence
Gunner

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »

Decadence old chum its been a while what ho? i hope your not to upset still about that old buisness in Singapore les said the better ey? spiff spoff

You still owe your half of the bill from that tea house you swine !
KrankyMarx
Deck Hand

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2009, 07:23:47 pm »

hmm.. i tell you what i can let you in on a little side project i have going with the pirates hmm...? very lucrative what? mums the word but lets just say it will be like the time with the chaps from the HMS Embargo!

You still owe your half of the bill from that tea house you swine !
Chris Siddall
Officer

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »

Helios, thanks for the pint I didn't know you could get Pink Champagne in pints. I'll put it on Her Majesties tab, saves you any embarrassing conversations with the club stewards. Speaking of pink I'd be agog at seeing a giant pink dirigible with sharks teeth alongside. Actually  I think that's the second thing that sends our young lead helmsman into the screaming ab-dabs, that and any time he remembers seeing Rissaldar Sita in her Unmentionables on the weather bridge. Which just goes to show what clean-living, early nights and cold showers will do to a chap if he's not careful.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »

It truly would be a sight. Of course, KXXI is a sight on its own. The pink may be a bit much, and I am currently seeking out suppliers for enough white and blue paint to do the Cheshire Camouflage idea. Although, that stripy camouflage would look pretty good. Decisions, decisions.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
KrankyMarx
Deck Hand

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2009, 08:27:07 pm »

sir,

paint it grey and everyone will just think its a rain cloud Huh

It truly would be a sight. Of course, KXXI is a sight on its own. The pink may be a bit much, and I am currently seeking out suppliers for enough white and blue paint to do the Cheshire Camouflage idea. Although, that stripy camouflage would look pretty good. Decisions, decisions.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:01 am »

The problem is the sheer size of it. Oh wait, with the raincloud Idea that would work in it's favour. BRILLIANCE! Now, where to buy several hundred thousand gallons of gray weather proof-paint...
~MMDecadence
Gunner

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

The problem is the sheer size of it. Oh wait, with the raincloud Idea that would work in it's favour. BRILLIANCE! Now, where to buy several hundred thousand gallons of gray weather proof-paint...

Marx may be able to help there,
Or you could ply me with absinthe (lots of) and i may happen to misplace the key to the quarter masters stores for a few minutes
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2009, 03:46:22 am »

I think you would need to "misplace" the key for several days for me to acquire enough paint.
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2009, 06:31:34 am »

Helios' balloon is one of those that compensates for other shortcomings through size, you see.

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:30 am »

Yes. But that shortcoming is my lack of confidence. Nothing else.
MWBailey
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2009, 07:23:50 am »

sir,

paint it grey and everyone will just think its a rain cloud Huh
*Ahem* I advise caution with this Idea. Tried it on the St. Elmo once, and the blighters kept trying to fly through  it!
Chris Siddall
Officer

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:31 pm »

*Ahem* I advise caution with this Idea. Tried it on the St. Elmo once, and the blighters kept trying to fly through  it!

Ah been meaning to apologise about that, we should have taken it as bit of a hint that the Ornithopters were steering around the clouds and not through them. I think we've still got one of your wireless telegraph aerials.

~MMDecadence
Gunner

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »

I think you would need to "misplace" the key for several days for me to acquire enough paint.

well more absinthe then
~MMDecadence
Gunner

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2009, 06:22:55 pm »

Got bored at work so made this

MWBailey
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:26 pm »

Ah been meaning to apologise about that, we should have taken it as bit of a hint that the Ornithopters were steering around the clouds and not through them. I think we've still got one of your wireless telegraph aerials.

So That's where it's got to!
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2009, 12:21:22 am »

You'd think once you got into the air there'd be more room to steer about. You people and your flying machines.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2009, 06:43:10 am »

Well, there's actually not that much space up here. Everyone and their dogs have airships.
MWBailey
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2009, 06:01:06 am »

Well, there's actually not that much space up here. Everyone and their dogs have airships.

Surely you're not sirius!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: