The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 12:16:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay Merchant Hall of Acclaim and Recommendation  (Read 11249 times)
Jake of All Trades
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Brass addict, inventor, and scoundrel with a heart

« on: January 26, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »

As many of us deal with the acquisition of objects through the aetherical marketplace known as eBay, I though it might be a spiffing idea to create a list of sellers with whom we've had a notably good transaction with regards to Steamy goods. 

I'll start things off by commending the merchant known as "candylandquilter", from whom I recently purchased a most wonderful pressure gauge.  I was uneasy about the transaction because the gentleman in question was quite without feedback of any kind, but I am happy to report that these concerns were more than quelled when the parcel arrived.  The gauge was exactly as described, and it was packaged better than anything I've seen thus far.  It seems the gentleman took the time to cut a block of extruded polystyrene foam to the precise dimensions of the item--a task done to such perfection that I initially thought some manner of expanding foam had been utilized.  It was really quite extraordinary!  Anyhow, I must recommend you take a look at this seller's other items for sale.  He seems to have access to some lovely bits of Steam gear, and his young seller rating may result in relatively low winning bids till he makes a name for himself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:39:37 am by Jake of All Trades » Logged

"...it's a form of fiction, and as such, while there may be times when it's considered a worthy vehicle for pointing out some of society and individual flaws - I still want a side that will let there be lighthearted adventures in the clouds, on mars, or under the sea."
--Tinkergirl
markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:02:45 pm »

From Ebay merchant 'Luxlogs' I've bought a couple a couple of 'clera bra' plastic shields for a wristwatch and a pocket watch.  These are not those thin films one puts over their cell phone screen, but a thick, clear, and spongy pre-cut piece of plastic to be used as a crystal protector.  Good seller, quality product, cheap and fast shipping.  markf
http://myworld.ebay.com/luxlogs&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »

one which i have bought items from in the past which i was very pleased with was Casanova Nauticals the seller has some very nice things, and, now that i have what i want and nobody is a threat anymore, those who saw the telescope and pocket watch compass i got can finally own their own, the seller has a variety of compasses in different styles, sextants, telescopes, and seems to have different items up on the page whenever i look, like, currently there are no sextants or water compasses, however there were the other day, soon may be put up again with more different things
elShoggotho
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:15:07 am »

I have to recommend the Chinese seller ventures_cn1. Good contact, good service, even the possibility to get replacement parts if something goes AWOL or is KIA (like my cellphone charging cable that perished in a fire) for reasonable prices.
clockworkskull
Gunner

tick-tock tick-tock, death does not knock......

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:12:55 am »

there is one seller who makes very elegant and steamy jewelery: razzybones
jringling
Time Traveler

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 02:17:43 am »

Ok. I have to admit, I don't have the propper outfit right now so I'll post some pikkies of me with things pulled out of my wardrobe

Ummm..... wrong thread?
Mr. Wobbley, you may want to delete this post and place it in the "playing dress up" thread, or "post your picture" thread....

Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:12 am »

Ok. I have to admit, I don't have the propper outfit right now so I'll post some pikkies of me with things pulled out of my wardrobe

Ummm..... wrong thread?
Mr. Wobbley, you may want to delete this post and place it in the "playing dress up" thread, or "post your picture" thread....
Thanks mate, I've figured it out

Visit my Facebook page Jason's Gems Jewellery at jasonsgemsjewellery
or my website Jason's Gems
Dr. makebot
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:37:09 am »

I must recommend sparkletube, seller of Nixie tubes and associated equipment.
I recently made three perchases from him, all of which arrived promply, well packaged and (where needed) with the appropriate data sheet.
He is also an eBay top rated seller, with 99.8% positive feed back.

yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

Siddons, the Incompable
Snr. Officer

Acctress chanteuse racconteur & amiable companion

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:21:18 pm »

For those of us wanting corsetry items, (and fetishwear if you're that way inclined) I'd like to recommend dynamic-perversity, and their store Armory Auctions. They are good value for money, good quality, and even better: good customer service  Grin

"We're going to die!!!!!"
"Be positive!"
"We're going to die QUICKLY!!!!!"
aldebaran
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

clfornax
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 02:53:34 am »

I recently bought a couple of necklaces from ebay user "ellysim."

Pendants and earrings made from old watch parts and other brass/copper bits and bobs. Cute, steamy and affordable. The seller posted the items promptly and they were bubble-wrapped well. Shipping from the US was just US$5, which is really good compared to what some Ebay sellers charge.

Author of Fornax Rising
mercian guy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »

I bought a mechanical pocket watch from Two Bears (http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/two-bears-trading-post__W0QQ_armrsZ1), the item is exactly as described, very well protected during shipping and arrived very quickly.  If you need a pocket watch this seller is well worth checking out!

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
Andi
Gunner

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 11:44:26 pm »

I don't know if this person ships to the UK, but if you're in the US it's free shipping.  I got one of these little telescopes, and I just think it's fantastic.  So for those who may be interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250614442974&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_928

"What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself."  - Mark Twain
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner

Meleus flecti quam frangi.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:19:08 am »

I recently acquired a bit of millinary from Ms. Purdy.  It is quite exquisite, and has garnered numerous compliments.  It arrived quite earlier than I expected, and arrived with extra materials for adjusting it for a perfect fit.
stores.ebay.com/Ms-Purdys-Treasures

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving. ~ United States Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Oberst Steffen Crist
Deck Hand

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:15 am »

Helmut Weitze and his shop deal in high-end militaria and military-oriented books. Purchased a vintage zeppelin badge for $2400. Item arrived very quickly, shipped from Hamburg, Germany. His staff also helped me identify a rare Austrian veterans badge from WWI. Good people to work with, and buy from.

Oberst Steffen Crist
Komandant, Der Fliegende Igel
IrmaGeddon
Deck Hand
England England

mooncinder
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

Although not specifically steampunk, I would like to recommend an ebay seller by the name of 00costumecreations00.  She sells custom-made Victorian-style skirts in your choice of colour and fabric for very reasonable prices.  I bought a skirt from her last year for the Asylum ball and it was very good quality and arrived quickly. I believe she also sells other items such as hats and capes.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/00costumecreations00
Frockaholic
Deck Hand

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »

on the subject of ebay does anyone know what jas happened to thereenactiors closet..tracy jackson aka tracetheace. she made good hoop underskirts,corsets,bum rolls etc but seems to have dissapperead

frockaholic would like to be known as Lady Tilly Laenen in future
ScarletNethers
Swab

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

If you want bits and bobs to make your own Steampunk jewellery CenBrennah only sells occasionally, but the are normally cheap and well packaged.
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 02:07:20 am »

If you want bits and bobs to make your own Steampunk jewellery CenBrennah only sells occasionally, but the are normally cheap and well packaged.

I see that you have a facebook page, Scarlet Crafts, and on that page you have a link to your ebay sales, under the account "CenBrennah". I feel that you may have missed the point of this thread, it's so that we can see who people have actually bought items from in the past and have exceeded expectations.

IGetPwnedOften
Snr. Officer

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:46 pm »

If you're after electronic components, drive steppers, LEDs and such, I'd recommend nanopunk.

I just ordered some battery terminals, cheapest listed. I ordered them yesterday, arrived this morning. They also have fantastic prices for bulk packs of LEDs and such, well worth a look if you're an LED-phile like me  Grin

"Geoffrey, take their coats. No, not up the tree..."
KrainaTrybow
Deck Hand
Poland Poland

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »

Hi
Check out our eBay listings -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/klempos69/m.html?item=112419005895&hash=item1a2cb1e5c7%3Ag%3AEqgAAOSwfpVZJsN5&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

And our FanPage -> https://www.facebook.com/Kraina-Tryb%C3%B3w-319545264740230/

If you need something write to us
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: