The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 30, 2020, 01:07:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings all,  (Read 1452 times)
Hayden Blackthorne
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« on: April 20, 2007, 12:30:07 am »

:)Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My real name is Damon. I am a husband and father of seven wonderfully unique children. My on-line pseudonym is taken from one of my long standing RPG alter egos. I've been lurking here for a few months, enjoying the creativity and civility of this forum. I particularly enjoy the wonderful artistry of the costumers and prop builders. I've also enjoyed the the Grand Duchess's eloquent musings, though I must admit that her presence in the forum makes me feel as though I may to be graded on the content and grammar of my posts. LOL

I myself am not really Steampunk in dress or manner, but I do enjoy the aesthetics and settings that Steampunk entails. Having majored in History, I also have a fondness for "history as it might-have-been.” Of equal appeal is the anachronism of Steampunk, which is something I find fascinating in any era.

While my home life leaves little time for the unfettered pursuit of hobbies, I do hope to get some chance assemble a costume for DragonCon. I should have plenty of time, since I won't be able to attend until next year's event.  Perhaps I shall even get a chance to meet some of you there. In the meantime I'll be reading, watching, commenting and getting to know some of the great people here.

Ciao,
Hayden

Lasairfion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:38 am »

Welcome to the board, Damon.
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

A Most Improper Victorian Lady

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:37:32 pm »

Welcome to the Steampunk Forum, Damon. I'm sure the Duchess won't be too harsh on a new member Grin
Doctor Trakov
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Admiral of the 14th Belogravian Airship Navy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:41:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum old chap!
WisconsinPlatt
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:35:56 pm »

Hoy.  Hoy.  Welcome aboard
rollerboi
Officer

Subaquatic Alchemical Inquisitor