The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 06:32:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safehouse for the Unassimilated  (Read 15501 times)
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 05:39:44 am »

You might join us, but don't open the gates to hordes of the undead, I think was the point being made.

Of course, this (the Safehouse) being the sort of organization that it is, I suspect you'd be frowned upon for opening the gates to hordes of any description...

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
dr490nw4rri0r
Officer
Canada Canada

Are we evolving? No. We're starting to learn again

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 06:25:45 am »

What if it happens to be hordes of ale cask carrying deliverymen? Ale is nice. Who doesn't like ale? I am of the opinion that ale should always be welcomed, except of course in the case that you've already had too much, at which point you should perhaps distance yourself from it for a short while.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
von Corax
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 07:46:49 am »

What if it happens to be hordes of ale cask carrying deliverymen? Ale is nice. Who doesn't like ale? I am of the opinion that ale should always be welcomed, except of course in the case that you've already had too much, at which point you should perhaps distance yourself from it for a short while.

Ale will certainly be welcomed. As for the deliverymen, there's a reason the cold-cellar has an outside entrance...
dr490nw4rri0r
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:11 am »

But then I can't heckle them. I love heckling deliverypersons!
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 10:31:15 am »

Oi! You never know when you might end up a deliveryperson. Or a bus driver, for that matter.
dr490nw4rri0r
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:48 am »

Considering my extreme difficulty with finding a job IRL, it wouldn't surprise me. I currently work on a short term contract getting minimum wage in a recycling warehouse.

Shitty, shitty work.
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 03:19:18 pm »

You might join us, but don't open the gates to hordes of the undead, I think was the point being made.

Of course, this (the Safehouse) being the sort of organization that it is, I suspect you'd be frowned upon for opening the gates to hordes of any description...

I rarely find much distinction between the undead and the general public anyway.  Both groan and moan about nothing, both could probably do well at the business end of a flamer (yes I know I know shotguns are probably more effective but zombies-on-fire are so much FUN.)

''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 04:39:27 pm »

I rarely find much distinction between the undead and the general public anyway.  Both groan and moan about nothing, both could probably do well at the business end of a flamer (yes I know I know shotguns are probably more effective but zombies-on-fire are so much FUN.)

Then you have ZOMBIES which are on FIRE.  You've just made your problem worse by immolating it.
x_x

Click here for win. ---^
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 04:48:01 pm »

Then you have ZOMBIES which are on FIRE.  You've just made your problem worse by immolating it.
x_x

...I stand by my ridiculous claim.  Besides for every fiery zombie you manage to kill, you increase your badassery by an extra point.
Darkauras
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 07:26:58 am »

x_x

...I stand by my ridiculous claim.  Besides for every fiery zombie you manage to kill, you increase your badassery by an extra point.
Only if they scream, non-screaming zombies earn you no points.

Hello to everyone, now please ignore me while I sit in the corner and watch you all. People watching is my forte.

Yeah...I got nothin'...
silastic armor fiend
Snr. Officer

mercenary, privateer and part-time tinkerer

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 07:55:05 am »

x_x

Hello to everyone, now please ignore me while I sit in the corner and watch you all. People watching is my forte.

the problem is, zombies dont scream. ever. they just keep on moaning and shuffling about... its only fun for so long   Undecided

but when the zombie apocalypse comes, will be prepared? i already have my machete with "zombie slayer" printed on it.
and they all laugh at me! ha!

in this town of sleepy hollow, smiling like you do
in this town of sleepy hollow, could be me and you
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 03:52:44 am »

x_x

the problem is, zombies dont scream. ever. they just keep on moaning and shuffling about... its only fun for so long   Undecided

but when the zombie apocalypse comes, will be prepared? i already have my machete with "zombie slayer" printed on it.
and they all laugh at me! ha!
Is a machete truly the best choice? I think it might allow them to get to close before you manage to hack their heads off. Remember it only takes one bite and then you join their moaning  horde.

Perhaps you should try reading the "zombie survival guide." It teaches all the best ways to survive, and rates each weapon in usefulness. Though I must say, "zombie slayer" as a name for a machete is simply awsome.
silastic armor fiend
Snr. Officer

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 05:09:00 am »

certainly the machete isnt the best weapon for killing zombies, but it does rate a 10 on the bad-ass scale. i have read the zombie survival guide and i loved it. now i cant wait to get his book on recorded attacks
dr490nw4rri0r
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 08:28:40 pm »

the zombie survival guide isn't that good. I don't see why people make such a big deal about it, and in fact I highly disagree with alot of it's tips.
My zombie hunting wishlist? p-90 submachine gun(very little recoil, single shot or full auto, easy to change clip, easy maintenance, lightweight, wet-fires), basket hilted broadsword(cuts easy, easy to maintain, keeps hands protected) metal facemask with leather wrap around the head, hardened leather plated pants, already have a stiff, thick leather coat. If the zombie apocalypse comes I want to be damn sure I don't get bitten and I can move fast. I have a plan to fortify a couple strips of buildings downtown and hole up with a few friends until winter, at which point the zombies would freeze and I could just go out with a hammer and bash their skulls in. at that point I'd just have to organize parties to help clear out the parts of the world that don't frost over in winter.
silastic armor fiend
Snr. Officer

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 03:42:53 am »

the zombie survival guide isn't that good. I don't see why people make such a big deal about it, and in fact I highly disagree with alot of it's tips.
My zombie hunting wishlist? p-90 submachine gun(very little recoil, single shot or full auto, easy to change clip, easy maintenance, lightweight, wet-fires), basket hilted broadsword(cuts easy, easy to maintain, keeps hands protected) metal facemask with leather wrap around the head, hardened leather plated pants, already have a stiff, thick leather coat. If WHEN the zombie apocalypse comes I want to be damn sure I don't get bitten and I can move fast. I have a plan to fortify a couple strips of buildings downtown and hole up with a few friends until winter, at which point the zombies would freeze and I could just go out with a hammer and bash their skulls in. at that point I'd just have to organize parties to help clear out the parts of the world that don't frost over in winter.

fixed

overall, not a bad plan though   Smiley
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 07:43:16 am »

Why does it have to be zombies that lead to the apocalypse?

I am of the personal belief that one day the sun will die and expand to such a point that it engulfs the earth before it eventually collapses in on itself. Actually I had a dream about it the other night...and strange as it may sound it was a really cool dream.

Perhaps I should see a psychiatrist if I think the world ending falls into my "interesting and cool" list.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 07:45:02 am »

I am of the personal belief that one day the sun will die and expand to such a point that it engulfs the earth before it eventually collapses in on itself. Actually I had a dream about it the other night...and strange as it may sound it was a really cool dream.

Perhaps I should see a psychiatrist if I think the world ending falls into my "interesting and cool" list.

Me fighting zombies off the back of a truck listening to Hell March III.
Pure, epic win.
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 07:47:28 am »

Me fighting zombies off the back of a truck listening to Hell March III.
Pure, epic win.

Better make sure you have a sound system to match, otherwise you"epic" might fall a bit short.

I recommend raiding an electronics store before charging to your bolivian army ending Tongue
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:45:15 am by Darkauras » Logged
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 02:47:14 am »

Shocked I killed the thread
von Corax
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 03:51:38 am »

I'm sure it will be reanimated just as soon as someone from The Promethius Club wanders by.

Oh, wait — that would be me...
Cordelia Cooke
Deck Hand

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:21 am »

Shocked I killed the thread

Yes, you've sacrificed conversation continuation in order to destroy the hordes of imaginary zombies which were increasing, post by post, upon this thread.

And yet, like the creator of the mythical phoenix, with one remark it rises from its still-smoking ashes.  Hurrah, hurrah!
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 06:00:54 am »

Actually, I think it might have gotten bitten by one of those imaginary zombies, and now, after a brief transformation time, it has risen again to spread its plague.
dr490nw4rri0r
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 06:46:00 am »

I believe I'll be safe from this zombie apocalypse aboard my airship.
...It also happens to be stocked with delicious cookies.
...and single malt scotch whiskey.
...Ladies and Gentlemen, I think I'll head on back to my airship regardless.
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:43 am »

Lucky, Lucky. I remain grounded...unless, might you be willing to share a few cookies?
Cordelia Cooke
Deck Hand

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 02:49:20 pm »

Lucky, Lucky. I remain grounded...unless, might you be willing to share a few cookies?

I'd advise throwing them down from your airship, dear, or this gentleman will be spreading his disease by land AND air.

All that would be left to conquer would be the sea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: