The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 24, 2020, 07:02:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LONDON STEAMPUNK PARTY  (Read 74900 times)
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »

One pre-concert, après-meal photograph.

I'm hiding, can you spot me?

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:07:51 pm by Herr Döktor » Logged

The_Steam_Master
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2009, 12:13:46 pm »

i can spot you, but, theres a reason for that sir, i shall let others see if they can aswell Tongue Wink

EDIT: see if you can tell who i am Tongue
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:15:32 pm by The Steam Master » Logged
Hepzibah Kingsley
Deck Hand

« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2009, 12:38:41 pm »

Head tilted back, fingers on chin, back row?

“It is always the adventurers who do great things, not the sovereigns of great empires.”
Charles de Montesquieu
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2009, 12:40:26 pm »

Head tilted back, fingers on chin, back row?

indeed, although technically there are two of us Tongue very well done Cheesy
Ancient Design
Officer

Commander of the Aerostat Dawnfire

« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2009, 01:07:23 pm »

Well, that was epic beyond all belief, plus I got to hang around with the Abney Park band members after, so it's all good, phenominal fatigue notwithstanding, those guys are awesome.

Lincoln Album 1
Lincoln Album 2

PM me if you would like any of these photo's printed and sent you you!
neon_suntan
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

The scribe wore black

neonsuntan
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »

Yes but was the rest of the audience fully steampunked...

Darnit... those of us who couldn't make it for fear of financial embarrassment need to know!

The_Steam_Master
« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2009, 02:08:59 pm »

indeed they were sir, and i actually got complimented by a couple of folks for having the best goggles they had seen... even though mine are just factory standard green welding goggles Cheesy

i was then sufficiently confused as he kept saying 'sherbert lemon' at me, turns out he had a bag with some in, but they were held just below goggle viewage angle
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »

I lolled so hard at that! Hahahahhaaa!  Grin

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »

As someone who is not me took this picture, I typically look horrific. Smiling normally is not my forte.....Oh well.

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
Hepzibah Kingsley
Deck Hand

« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:13 pm »

Alas, my costume not being complete I came in my cunning disguise as a large pile of ambulating velvet.  Shocked  Steam Master I wasn't far from you I think.  I was also in close proximity to a gent dressed for safari and endowed with lovely manners. 

Fine array of wonderful outfits, brilliant hats, beautiful footwear and oh those goggles! 

My thanks to all of you who kindly let me take photographs of you.
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2009, 06:35:52 pm »

oooooh, so thats who you were, that coat was exceptional, sorry i never got your name
Grimnebulin
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2009, 06:50:02 pm »

Well, I am disappointed not to have made it ... I travelled from Denmark for this, but got stranded on the A29 by a dodgy Harley-Davidson reg/rec ... Sad I hope it went well ... Was Al Mogg OK after all?  I heard he was feeling somewhat under the weather!  Anyway, here's hoping to hook up next time ...
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2009, 06:54:49 pm »

Curses, I wish I could have made it along to this! 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2009, 06:59:28 pm »

we need more photos, there were way more than this from just the meal alone, not counting the gig
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »

It.  Was.  So.  AWESOME!   Shocked

I've been back for all of half an hour, so my apologies for the somewhat lacking description  Tongue.

What few pics I have I'll share once I get them off my phone.

''Sure, it's all fun and games until the tentacled lizard-spider that was your crotch tells you that everything is made of Tuesday because only the sky can cook happiness.''
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2009, 07:25:34 pm »

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

minus one pic

Roll Eyes
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #541 on: April 27, 2009, 12:04:52 am »

Well, I am disappointed not to have made it ... I travelled from Denmark for this, but got stranded on the A29 by a dodgy Harley-Davidson reg/rec ... Sad I hope it went well ... Was Al Mogg OK after all?  I heard he was feeling somewhat under the weather!  Anyway, here's hoping to hook up next time ...

As a band-mate of M. Mogg I can confirm that he was indeed suffering from some very nasty virus but, pro that he is, he played the gig and pulled it off in fine style!!

Engineer
Zeppelin Captain

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2009, 12:07:57 am »

Wish I could have been there, but I had a prior engagement (which went very well).

PS - Honeythorn - don't beat yourself up - you look fine in the 'team photo'
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2009, 12:11:00 am »

Wish I could have been there, but I had a prior engagement (which went very well).

PS - Honeythorn - don't beat yourself up - you look fine in the 'team photo'

ill say that we had plenty fun for all the people who couldnt make it Cheesy

we need more of the group photos posted though
Grimnebulin
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2009, 01:03:46 am »

As a band-mate of M. Mogg I can confirm that he was indeed suffering from some very nasty virus but, pro that he is, he played the gig and pulled it off in fine style!!

Glad it went well!  As I say, Elise, Dan and I would have been there but for the aforementioned motorcyle issue (now thankfully fixed!), but hopefully we can make it next time!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:12:29 am by Grimnebulin » Logged
Gazongola
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

I am the flashing monocle.

« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2009, 03:25:49 am »

My GOD it was amazing. I even got to hang out with the band after. Pub, then fried chicken, and Robert kindly paid for my eats! Truly an epic evening. Missed the last train home mind... But thanks to Pheobsky who put us up for the night!

YAY!!!
Doctor When
Zeppelin Captain

Proud to have been the first Steampunk in The Chap

« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:21 am »

Truly a fantastic weekend, and a great Crew Photogravure to accompany it.

Saturday:
The museum is fantastic, and in no way do-able in one day, let alone one morning. I shall be back to spend two days looking at stuff here. Lunch was spiffing. Popped back to see Ada Lovelace, who has given us the seed of the next London trip with the possibility of seeing the Babbage Engine they've built. Details to follow!

The meal was OK, but not what I was expecting (damn them and their Pie issues!) but I was very alarmed to find out that such a quirky establishment didn't have a single decent beer on. Tsk. I won't be pushing to get back there: As attractive as the room was, I think we can do better. Handy for the gig though, despite what Google Maps was trying to tell me.

The gig itself was IMMENSE. I enjoyed all the entertainment, from the strange man with the pianoforte to the bicycle-wheel programmable drum machine plagued by technical difficulties.

Ghostfire were awesome, and I look forward to seeing them again soon.

Abney Park were, of course, fantastic - despite their "issues" with the slovenly sound techs, the performance was spot-on. COME BACK SOON, ABNEY PARK!

I even got to hang out with the band after.

Yeah, yeah. That'll be the last time NurseWhen gets to come out in the evening: Bit of a liability taking someone who doesn't like clubbing, loud music or late nights out to a late-night club with loud music. Error noted.

Sunday:
Pleasant stroll around Camden, made some new contacts that are keeping an eye out for fleck and/or sharkskin 1950s suits for me, had a roast dinner, got a late train home.

Just as I was bemoaning the fact I hadn't met anyone in London I hadn't actually planned to meet (I do have a habit of bumping in to people I know all over the world!) I ended up bumping into a lovely young lady friend of mine on the train as I was looking for a seat!

Arrived Chez When about 9:30pm (after having photographs taken on the train by giggling and slightly embarrased students), tired, London-dirty, skint and thristy but having had a splendid weekend and met some fantastic people.

Not poems and rubbish - SCIENCE!
Miss Kins
Zeppelin Captain

Several palm trees short of a fruit cake.

« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2009, 11:00:49 am »

Terribly sorry we utterly failed to keep in contact during the Camden excursion dear Doctor!  Though from the sounds of it everyone involved had a productive day of trinket-hunting ^_^. 
Captain Larkin
Deck Hand

« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:11 am »

well i know there are a number from the meal beforehand which i am looking forwards to seeing, i unfortunately have no photos

oh, and... "GANG-RAPE" Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

even though i shouted "Virus"

Roll Eyes

Consider yourself lucky steam master, only your words were misunderstood XD
I was the one who was accused of offering up my darling fiance to said gang rape Tongue
All in all the party was fantastic and one I will remember for the rest of my days, I'm sure, especially Truax and his malfunctioning machinery Smiley
Front row, top hat and leather waistcoat, inadequate spanners, I stick in anyone's memory?
Ancient Design
Officer

Commander of the Aerostat Dawnfire

« Reply #549 on: April 27, 2009, 12:53:05 pm »

Consider yourself lucky steam master, only your words were misunderstood XD
I was the one who was accused of offering up my darling fiance to said gang rape Tongue
All in all the party was fantastic and one I will remember for the rest of my days, I'm sure, especially Truax and his malfunctioning machinery Smiley
Front row, top hat and leather waistcoat, inadequate spanners, I stick in anyone's memory?
I was but one person to the left of you getting my head smashed in by the speakers being about 1 foot from said cerebrum, so I remember you. Grin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: