The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2019, 04:25:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel For The Boiler Year Two  (Read 1558 times)
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Ragamuffin and cad

« on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:07 am »

Hello folks and welcome back to Brass Goggles!!

to keep the ball rolling i am going to cut and paste my post from Spare Goggles. :

ok folks, i bet alot of ya gave up hope of there being another fuel for the boiler. but have no fear the Boo has not forgotten her obligations. life gave me a swift kick in the teeth and i might have been down for the count but i didnt forget :)however my creativity has gone Kapoot so i need ideas! as well as recipes. And a new title would be nifty i think. but ill see how everyone feels about that first. I also need ideas for the books cover. any photo shop wizards wanna help me out with that?

im also gonna have a chapter at the front called "What is this Steampunk you speak of?" please feel free to email me or post here your ideas on what steampunk is and i shall put it in the book :)ummm...and since my brain has decided to shut down... that is all...... What a Face

**~~Updated Information here!!~~**

OK as i mentioned before this book shall have a few changes that i honestly hope will be of use to the reader as well as just make the book more interesting. First off we (by we i mean all of us since i am just the facilitator really) will be adding a few new chapters the first off is a request and it is Vegetarian recipes! yuppers all the lovely greens you can eat! next will be a chapter called Gogglemas, this chapter will be for all your holiday recipes. any and all of them. thanksgiving,xmas, yule,etc...etc... its my way of having a special occasions chapter without implying any sort of religious or political leanings.

Next the idea of a mixed drinks section has been mentioned,as with the last time, these will be in the section marked "Appetizers & Beverages" mostly due to i honestly have not received enough recipes for either of those for them to have their own chapters.

I will again be using images to separate up the chapters so if you have a nifty picture of some thing you created be it an object or a photoshop work,please feel free to message them to me. I also need a cover image any suggestions? i would also like a Lovecraftian-esque image for the Gogglemas chapter. And finally, if you have a well done image of one of your recipes (nifty plate of cookies wonderful serving dish of pasta) feel free to post it along with your recipe Smile

Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:58:51 pm »

New information for you folks. i dont have nearly enough recipes so please get those too me. as well as i have NO art yet! none! please if you have a nice picture (high rez) of some thing you have made or of your self in steamy attire send it my way. Smiley

OK folks,the guide lines are going to be similar to last year. though several of you are new to this project (feel free to download a free copy over at lulu.com) so here we go recipes:

Recipes preferably will be one you created, however they dont have to be. it can be any recipe you have made and enjoyed that *is not copy righten to another person* please have all recipe submissions to be by February 10th. (almost all recipes will be accepted folks) please feel free to write up a little blurb about your recipes or send in a picture of the completed dish. please note i will have to resize it to fit the format of the book.

Articles:

ok this book is going to have a chapter titled "What is this Steampunk you speak of?" in this chapter all those willing are given the space to decuss were steampunk has been where its going or what its potential is. feel free to get socio-political, spiritual,environmental or most any thing else so long as it is not inflammatory or derogary to anyone. please keep your articles below 4 type written pages, but longer that 1/2 type written page if you can. Please submit your Articles by January 15th.

Art:

this year i will be taking submission of steampunk creations or creators! so all you mad scientists send me pictures (nice ones they need to be high quality high res images) of your creations or you with your creations! i already have the Lovely Donovan sisters (of clockwork cabaret) sending me some images. as well as one other. however i am willing to jam pack with book with art work!

Please have your art work to me by January 5th.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »

Ms Boo - have you seen the following thread and post over in Textual?

Thread: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=12207.0
Post: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=6833.msg235322#msg235322

Smiley

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:23:52 pm »

oh my goodness! i had not seen them! thank you!
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:52:24 pm »

lovely  Smiley Cheesy

I am a freak in control not a control freak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: