The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 03, 2020, 07:02:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 345651 times)
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #925 on: July 04, 2009, 01:12:13 pm »

OK, an update on my singleness... still single, just went from being single in KS to being single in VA. HAHA, though I have made a few friends now.

I think someone should find out if we could put little blurbs about ourselves on here with lets say, Age, Sex, Location (General), height, weight/build(for those who don't want to post weight), and then maybe interests. Hmm, not sure that actually breaks any of the rules of this form.

as it is written, so shall it be done
Sexuality:
   Any discussion involving sexuality, and related topics is banned. Don't even try to get around it with a "NSFW" tag in the title. We have no control over the ages of people browsing this forum, so keep it clean.

and from a bit of additional question-asking i did after this thread was locked
The singles thread was temporarily locked when a decision to de-emphasize the "flirty" nature of the threads that seemed to be over-running the OT forum.  I wasn't that the nature of  the posts was offensive.  After more discussion, an administrator decided to unlock it.

still a bit murky in that water...probably best not to tread just yet...

and if you're in Virginia, you're not too terribly far from PA. you should come up! we're having a Steam-themed club event for the 21-and-over in Lancaster! *shameless self-promotion*
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:15:30 pm by Reni Valentine » Logged

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
KatarinaNavane
Zeppelin Captain

KatarinaNavane
« Reply #926 on: July 04, 2009, 06:39:31 pm »

i was keeping quiet, but GAH!   Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they starve themselves to get that way just like just because someone is large doesn't mean they're shoveling it down 24/7.  
   Some of us just grow this way.  >_<  

And guys like boobs.  Some guys like skinny, but not most.   And how many songs do you know about small asses?  Yeah, none.  Thin may be in in theory but in actuality, it really isn't.  Guys don't like it as much as you'd expect, and other girls resent me for it. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:41:02 pm by KatarinaNavane » Logged

Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #927 on: July 04, 2009, 06:52:32 pm »

i was keeping quiet, but GAH!   Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they starve themselves to get that way just like just because someone is large doesn't mean they're shoveling it down 24/7. 
   Some of us just grow this way.  >_< 

And guys like boobs.  Some guys like skinny, but not most.   And how many songs do you know about small asses?  Yeah, none.  Thin may be in in theory but in actuality, it really isn't.  Guys don't like it as much as you'd expect, and other girls resent me for it. 

1 - i don't resent thin people. all except for the ones who complain about how fat they are. they irritate me.

2 - to the gents in the room could someone please explain the male obsession with boobs? feel free to PM me so as to not offend the delicate modesty of anyone else in the vicinity. i've asked quite a few of my male friends and no one can really explain it.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #928 on: July 04, 2009, 08:02:10 pm »

? I have short eyelashes.

really?!? i love you. i have on roughly eight billion coats of mascara so that mine even show up. and there was pencil there this morning, mostly because i was bored (and yes, my eyes really are that shade of green) but it's gone now because i keep blinking and such.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:10:42 pm by Reni Valentine » Logged
KatarinaNavane
Zeppelin Captain

KatarinaNavane
« Reply #929 on: July 04, 2009, 09:25:19 pm »

i was keeping quiet, but GAH!   Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they starve themselves to get that way just like just because someone is large doesn't mean they're shoveling it down 24/7. 

And guys like boobs.  Some guys like skinny, but not most.   And how many songs do you know about small asses?  Yeah, none.  Thin may be in in theory but in actuality, it really isn't.  Guys don't like it as much as you'd expect, and other girls resent me for it. 

1 - i don't resent thin people. all except for the ones who complain about how fat they are. they irritate me.

2 - to the gents in the room could someone please explain the male obsession with boobs? feel free to PM me so as to not offend the delicate modesty of anyone else in the vicinity. i've asked quite a few of my male friends and no one can really explain it.

I don't resent thin people, I resent thin people that starve themselves to be that way, then call them selves fat.  One of my best friends is tall and naturally skinny, and I think she's really beautiful.

the ones who call themselves fat kinda piss me off too--girls will point out their flaws then expect you to do the same, which i refuse to do. It bothers me... 

I understand the appeal of boobs.  They're bouncy and squishy and you can play with them, and they make good pillows to lie on (for the other person, less comfy for the person they're attached to...)

i like my eyelashes ^_^
*gratuitous eyelash shot*

no makeup, as always (i hate the stuff)
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #930 on: July 04, 2009, 09:31:40 pm »

I don't resent thin people, I resent thin people that starve themselves to be that way, then call them selves fat.  One of my best friends is tall and naturally skinny, and I think she's really beautiful.

the ones who call themselves fat kinda piss me off too--girls will point out their flaws then expect you to do the same, which i refuse to do. It bothers me... 

I understand the appeal of boobs.  They're bouncy and squishy and you can play with them, and they make good pillows to lie on (for the other person, less comfy for the person they're attached to...)

i like my eyelashes ^_^

oh golly lolly...i need to buy more furniture as the death by hugging party is growing by leaps and bounds.

the only one of my flaws that i tend to dwell on is the fact that my eyes cross a bit. i have learned to find it charming as i've gotten older, but i still rarely take photos without my head turned a bit.

as to boobs, i'll happily donate them to someone who would like them. they get in the way and make it nearly impossible to find a blouse that stays closed at work...
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #931 on: July 04, 2009, 09:40:24 pm »

From Steam Dream ( I can't find the original post quoted from a quote)
I think someone should find out if we could put little blurbs about ourselves on here with lets say, Age, Sex, Location (General), height, weight/build(for those who don't want to post weight), and then maybe interests. Hmm, not sure that actually breaks any of the rules of this form.

I would say there are a great many personal websites out there where you can post that information and link in your profile (I believe there's a spot even for myspace in your profile form.)  So you can put the link there.  This is a forum to talk about steampunk.

If you'd like a personal site to be steampunk themed (like how soulgeek is for geeks)  why not start it up yourself?  I can show you where to get free forum software.  You could be the first!

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
SimpleComplex
Deck Hand

Head engineer aboard the Scorpionus.

« Reply #932 on: July 05, 2009, 01:27:20 am »

Im Single..and i go throughout daily life without some person TxTing me 24/7 and i turned out fine, also i am naturally super skinny(my friends call me the Anti-Fat, theory is, if i hang out with you enough you'll become skinny) Truth is, i eat, a lot, im nearly always hungry, so hanging out with me my not be beneficial to your health. ...weird, there is a needle in my chair...

"Rookie, who's arm is stuck in this gear?"
"That guys?" *rookie points at dead body missing arm"
"Correct, wait, there's really an arm in this gear?"
"Yea"
*rejoices*"I'm not crazy anymore!!"
E.A. Claringbold
Snr. Officer

« Reply #933 on: July 05, 2009, 05:15:59 am »

I'm not a gent, but, come on, who doesn't love boobs? ... Not that I swing that way- but something about the female form is beautiful. If it wasn't artists wouldn't have painted it.

i like my eyelashes ^_^

And nice eyelashes. Unfortunately (or not so, I've never cared), mine are not long. And I hate to use mascara or curl them. I'm not a big fan of make up either.  But due to my sad lack of knowledge on the application, by the advice of a close friend of my aunts and mothers (our orthodontist, haha), my mother and I ventured to a place and I was taught how to do my eyes. (and the lady picked out a lovely lip gloss...but despite not needing it, I bought it anyway). Anyway--- Katarina, I'm with you, I don't like make up either.
SimpleComplex
Deck Hand

Head engineer aboard the Scorpionus.

« Reply #934 on: July 05, 2009, 05:27:34 am »

...i am a gent and i must say that boobs...and the reason why we have fascinations with them is that..well..as a baby we are programed to look at boobs as a sign of well to be blunt...food So unconsciously we like them because in subconscious they are food..as we are driven towards them...this would also explain the female fascination..

Thankya for your eyeballs,
       SimCom
dabreegster
Officer

Eating from the small arcana of the frying pan

« Reply #935 on: July 05, 2009, 05:42:39 am »

On a night encumbered with pyrotechnic sentiment, I have retrorecently decided my patterns have led me into the hazy gullet of an oroborous. I posses the need to speak new words to novel people in nouveau settings. So indulge me or quit this paragraph, O.T. I have the expectation that somebody else who experiences this drive to forgo a calm present tense will suddenly strike contact with me. Indeed this may have transpired before, but I was still winding an old watch the wrong way. Thus I am attempting to gain momentum through a prequel dissemination of an introduction to people who may or may not ever be real to me. So stop by for a game of chess, anonymous; I do know you're out there, and time is recycling rather with the air of honeysuckle lingering in the air.

I leave you all with my very finest villanelle, the promise of many more gilded words, and the simple challenge to enthrall me, dear audience.

A Heart's Proprietary Design

Insisting with monotone eyes, "I'm fine."
You pause. And glance away,
Whatever you are, you certainly aren't mine.

Your heart follows a proprietary design,
Through chattering teeth, to God you pray

Packages pour in, and to their empty contents you sign.
A sunbeam might catch your eye, but never does stay.

You dig your tunnel and seek the divergent line,
Leaving my arms with lessening delay.

Your features only ever looked real in moonlight's shine,
As you stride from backstage of the theatre's evening cabaret

And now we sit apart, never again to entwine.
Your life, you state, is in a private disarray.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #936 on: July 05, 2009, 02:44:11 pm »

Reni, at least you're trying, which is more than you can say for me. I prefer to compliment beautiful women from a safe, anonomous distance.

by "trying" i pretty much mean leaving my house. because that's about where the try ends. otherwise there'd be less "try" and more "do," as it were.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #937 on: July 05, 2009, 02:50:52 pm »

Still, that's more than I do. I leave the house for school, to get exercise, to go to the library, and to go directly to friend's places. Nothing else.
Granted, the library does have free wireless internet.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #938 on: July 05, 2009, 03:02:36 pm »

Still, that's more than I do. I leave the house for school, to get exercise, to go to the library, and to go directly to friend's places. Nothing else.
Granted, the library does have free wireless internet.

sweetest, only slightly. i go to work, to uni, errands and such (the market, the post, et cetera) - usually with my child in tow, and the first weekend of the month i have a club night but that's more second nature than out to look at the lovelies and such. and even then, i don't consider myself so far out of the ordinary to behold. no, that's not self-doubt or self-loathing - i love being me - but me when surrounded by the taller/paler/meeker/less scowly doesn't seem to be the thing anymore. and i simply refuse to change who i am in order to have someone interesting chat me up. in the meantime, i'll continue shooing the chavs and waiting for a new Pangea...  Wink
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #939 on: July 06, 2009, 12:37:24 am »

Painfully single still... I fell in love, but, it cannot be, and thus, I remain.
 Cry
But, one day, one day it might turn out fine, but I'm not holding up my hopes.
Till that time, I'm unsure if I should turn myself out to what I may find...
I'm pretty sure that I'll stay single anyway.

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #940 on: July 06, 2009, 07:02:52 pm »

Oh for christ's sake, we're not going into the pity party again, are we?

Ladies, just becasue you see faults in yourself doesn't make you any less beautiful. You don't have to feel it 100% of the time for it to be true. Wollowing in your own self-degredation not only brings you down, but brings down those around you who care for you.

So, really, if you insist on hating yourself, keep it to yourself.

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #941 on: July 06, 2009, 07:29:35 pm »

To sum up - if you behave as if you're attractive, you'll be attractive.
It's been said before that confidence is attractive in and of itself.
Saying how attractive you're not will only make that self-depreciating point more true.

If you're complimented, learn to bloody well take the complement rather than ride the damned pity train.

Click here for win. ---^
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #942 on: July 07, 2009, 06:21:02 am »

Well, Captain Brandsson, since it is for science(please ignore my painted nails, a bit too much scotch and my morals simply flew out the window!):
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #943 on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:39 am »

I don't know that I'm capable of finding shyness endearing, in a romantic sense. It's alright in my friends, as, well, it takes all kinds, but confidence is one of the most attractive things a person can exude.

And, well, in all honesty, I'll regularly outshine any man prone to being shy, which I am not comfortable with. I've got a rather old fashioned mentality on how a man and woman should present themselves as a couple.

And now, back to your contemplations on the subject. I'm done rambling, hehehe
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #944 on: July 08, 2009, 05:26:06 am »

I'm as timid as it gets...
I may walk tall and seem imposing (which is a complete contrast to my character) but when I'm in a group of more then two people, I shut right up. Even if it's two close friends of mine, I wont speak unless spoken to.
And when I talk, it's usually soft and cautious. Sure I can yell, but I only use that once in a while.

I'm not sure what caused this, but I think it's band. When I was in it, the teacher demanded respect, and thus, when she was talking, everyone shut up. Other habits I've picked up; not walking in between people when they are talking, not interrupting with noise, patience, and courtesy.
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2009, 05:31:57 am »

I gave up my shyness. It wasn't worth anything. Sometimes I still feel something of the like, but I push it away. Becomes easier and easier. Heh. Now, I really don't like being the second loudest table in a bar, if you catch my meaning.

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
whateverfloats
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:34 am »

I'm starting to worry if I'm just too picky. But on the other hand, what's the point of having a relationship without real attraction or compatibility?  I don't want to date just for the sake of it so until I meet someone attainable who I'm mad about, I'll just have to remain single.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2009, 08:11:08 am »

Abi - I think it's because i'm about as shy as a steam locomotive! In my opinion though, there's something to be said for the gentleman who is less talk more do. Keep in mind this is wholly reflective of my personal likes and dislikes; however, why is shyness tantamount to weakness? The two are not mutually exclusive...
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2009, 11:15:34 am »

Abi - I think it's because i'm about as shy as a steam locomotive! In my opinion though, there's something to be said for the gentleman who is less talk more do. Keep in mind this is wholly reflective of my personal likes and dislikes; however, why is shyness tantamount to weakness? The two are not mutually exclusive...

No indeed, I'm not a weak character, I just have to be very relaxed around someone to display that character. Relaxed is generally NOT what I am when interested in someone!

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #949 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:59 pm »

No person embodies one singular social aspect 100% of the time. It's impossible. We're mutable creatures, and variety is key to being a real human being.

I think the biggest oversight in this entire subject is actually the root of the solution.

Shyness is a problem to be overcome, being quiet is not, nor is it the same thing.
Arrogance (being a braggart) is a problem to oversome, being confident is not, nor is it the same thing.

So, of course being shy or being a braggart is undersireable! Both these tendancies are borne of fear. Fear of being thought a fool, fear of not being accepted, fear of rejection, fear of being laughed at, FEAR.

Once that fear is faced, it's a whole lot less scary. And from there, one can actually *be* quiet and contemplative and confident and attractive and interesting and humorous, ect ect. Once you stop worrying about what people think, you can do what makes you, well, you.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: