The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 18, 2020, 09:53:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 348907 times)
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #850 on: May 23, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »

Turkish Delight is awesome, especially the rose flavored ones. I love peanut butter mixed with chocolate. But, my favorite thing is to take a banana and pour hershey's chocolate over it. And yes, it does taste good with dark chocolate as well.

*get your mind outta the gutter*  Wink

Coffee date went wonderful. And God has he gotten hotter since I last saw him. I never noticed the color of his eyes either. They're blue, but with a little tinge of green, and they're like the translucent kind. Most beautiful.

And he let me play with his hat.  Grin
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #851 on: May 23, 2009, 11:16:22 pm »

*sigh*

i'm in a shiny "self-introduction" moment, although very limited as such.

my name is Reni (that actually is my name; "Valentine" comes from my mentality as well as one of these blasted marks on my skin) and yes, i am single. or something like that. i fall into the "new to the boards as far as posting but i've been lurking around the dark corners and such for a few years" category.

as to what i look like, well, that's actually my face in the corner there, albeit a bit squooshed.

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #852 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17:50 pm »

Skinner : Good job! Hope it all works out for you!

Welcome Reni! Although not really since you've been lurking in the shadows. But, hi anyway.  Wink
Dr.IllBane
Gunner

« Reply #853 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:22 am »

Well I just discovered this particular thread today, seems strange.  I am single, I blame my Father for this.  From his example I learned to be unafraid of showing emotion and to show my cards way before the River.  I left college because I had woken up one day and hated that I was becoming a frat boy and left to become an EMT to make my life make a difference.  You grow up a lot when you do your best to save someone's life and they die anyway.  At 23, 24 in October, I am tired of finding the wrong girl.  But I'm also picky for who could possibly be the one. 

Now... enough of the serious side of life.  I also would love to find a lady who likes nice men with bad streaks.  A Steam Cowboy riding his Steel Horse.  A lady who enjoys the things I do; Steampunk, video games, outside adventures and non-alcoholic fun. 

Any takers?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 01:27:17 am by Dr.IllBane » Logged

There ain't no rest for the wicked... Until we close our eyes for good.
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #854 on: May 25, 2009, 11:15:16 pm »

I don't know where to begin, other than by venting? whining perhaps? Here's my beef about being single towards other singles, that I've experienced with regards to dating. When people say to you "just be yourself" but what if, by "just being yourself" isn't good enough for others? I mean, either I'm too fat, or not fat enough. Not pretty, or too pretty...not funny, or too funny. Not smart enough, or too smart. Ugly, or given the latest Susan Boyle pandemic where "ugly is in"...I'm not ugly enough. Too old, or not old enough. Too young, not young enough. Too quirky, or not quirky enough...and lastly...this one is the kicker...I'm too steampunk, or...wait for it Smiley Not Steampunk enough. *sighs* I give up. Clearly me being "me" isn't good enough...so I really do not know what to do anymore. I don't want to be someone or something else, it's a lot of work just being me, but seeing how that's not working...I may as well pack it in and go trip the universal light fandango with my Da.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:21:08 pm by eggberta echegaray » Logged

"She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld and has the right dynamics for the new frontier"
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

How unfortunate...

« Reply #855 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »

I know exactly what you mean oddly enough .

The one thing that severely bothers me about steampunks is the continuous call for intelligence. Sadly some of us simply do NOT have it. Either naturally or in terms of educational knowledge. In which case if one is not considered clever enough, wether it be not knowing how to make cogs mesh or what the hell a thermionic valve is or does, or does not give a flying monkey's backside about politics ect ect...where does that leave such people ? ( of which I am one and most likely not the only one ) 

If your best isn't good enough what then? This one of many of the reasons why I have always been single and not been near a man in close on 7 years now. Nothing about me is ever quite good enough ( for me or them ) . And I refuse to be a second choice or last resort. I may not have much self esteem but even I know I'm worth more than some man's pity.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:46:30 pm by Honeythorn » Logged

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #856 on: May 26, 2009, 12:20:29 am »

I know exactly what you mean oddly enough .

The one thing that severely bothers me about steampunks is the continuous call for intelligence. Sadly some of us simply do NOT have it. Either naturally or in terms of educational knowledge. In which case if one is not considered clever enough, wether it be not knowing how to make cogs mesh or what the hell a thermionic valve is or does, or does not give a flying monkey's backside about politics ect ect...where does that leave such people ? ( of which I am one and most likely not the only one ) 

If your best isn't good enough what then? This one of many of the reasons why I have always been single and not been near a man in close on 7 years now. Nothing about me is ever quite good enough ( for me or them ) . And I refuse to be a second choice or last resort. I may not have much self esteem but even I know I'm worth more than some man's pity.

Thank Gawd someone else out there "gets" what I'm going on about! LOL! I couldn't agree with you more Honeythorn...that's what pisses me off about the whole Steampunk genre...goth genre, punk genre...stick a cucumber up your bum genre...Christ! o_O Last one being questionable...LOL! But exactly! I too haven't been in a real relationship in a really, really, long time. I'd rather die being singleton, knowing I wasn't someone's second choice or last resort. Gawd...what kind of a life would that be..."Oooo...I may not be single anymore, but I was never the love of my life's 1st choice" bloody wonderful! :-|
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:24:12 am by eggberta echegaray » Logged
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #857 on: May 26, 2009, 12:27:46 am »

You could always get into the whole gangsta genre instead, I´d say intelligence would be rather low on their list of demands.

LMAO! Naw...that wouldn't work well with me either...I'm not blingtarded enough. LOL!
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #858 on: May 26, 2009, 12:29:19 am »

It´s a question wether you´d rather be unloved than be loved for someone you´re not. After a while the second option looks more attractive.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #859 on: May 26, 2009, 12:33:17 am »

It´s a question wether you´d rather be unloved than be loved for someone you´re not. After a while the second option looks more attractive.

I hear what your saying...meh. LOL! Blah to that.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #860 on: May 26, 2009, 06:20:53 am »

Speaking as someone who's been a second choice/last resort...
At first, its not too bad, you manage get a date occasionally with a lady who is at least marginally nice to you. Unfortunately, it never stays that way, and before long, you either break it off, or (if you're stupid like I was) you convince yourself that you're lucky they have any regard for you at all. It's not fun...

(sorry if the above sounds weepy; I guess its been a monday)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:24:05 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #861 on: May 26, 2009, 07:54:52 am »

Right then, anyone have any cheery news about the weekend?

LOL! Not I, but I bet you do...how was your weekend in SF? Get lots of fun stuff? Smiley
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #862 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12:52 am »

Eugh. The only guy who is interested in me is actually an idiot. And not in a Prince Myshkin sense (because that I could and would handle *drifts off* What?). I don't consider myself overly intelligent - I respect the difference between having a good memory and being intelligent. But the level this guy is at is inexcusable. No amount of good intentions can make up for it, and that saddens me. I hope I don't have to explain it to him.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #863 on: May 26, 2009, 09:37:57 am »

Eugh. The only guy who is interested in me is actually an idiot. And not in a Prince Myshkin sense (because that I could and would handle *drifts off* What?). I don't consider myself overly intelligent - I respect the difference between having a good memory and being intelligent. But the level this guy is at is inexcusable. No amount of good intentions can make up for it, and that saddens me. I hope I don't have to explain it to him.

It's a horrible shame when that happens, isn't it?

Click here for win. ---^
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #864 on: May 26, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »

It's official, I will never date a steampunk. Considering the amount of intelligence requests you see ( and not just here by the by ) there's no point. I thought "normal" men were hellishly picky but this lot take the proverbial piss sometimes.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #865 on: May 26, 2009, 06:11:51 pm »

It's official, I will never date a steampunk. Considering the amount of intelligence requests you see ( and not just here by the by ) there's no point. I thought "normal" men were hellishly picky but this lot take the proverbial piss sometimes.

Hey, I already said I'd have you, no hesitation. Wink
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #866 on: May 26, 2009, 06:12:27 pm »

Oh, I imagine some are picky. But it's funny, because most want an intelligent girl. So all they've been meeting thus far are morons? I know I'm not the best looking piece of meat in the market, but I *can* think and carry on an intelligent conversation.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #867 on: May 26, 2009, 06:13:59 pm »

Oh, I imagine some are picky. But it's funny, because most want an intelligent girl. So all they've been meeting thus far are morons? I know I'm not the best looking piece of meat in the market, but I *can* think and carry on an intelligent conversation.

There are a LOT of morons out there. Let's face it.
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #868 on: May 26, 2009, 06:18:49 pm »

Here, we call them trailer-park trash. Too stupid to do anything but sit at home and raise kids.

Are there really that many stupid women? I was under the impression that most are receiving a good education. Waitaminute....do you mean smart as in intelligent, or smart as in having sense? Or both? Ever hear the expression "too much book sense but not enough common sense"?
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #869 on: May 26, 2009, 06:22:47 pm »

Here, we call them trailer-park trash. Too stupid to do anything but sit at home and raise kids.

Are there really that many stupid women? I was under the impression that most are receiving a good education. Waitaminute....do you mean smart as in intelligent, or smart as in having sense? Or both? Ever hear the expression "too much book sense but not enough common sense"?

Both, really.

I'm sick of women who's idea of a good night out is standing in a room full of other sweaty morons having awful commercial rave tracks hammered into their fake-diamond embellished ears.
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #870 on: May 26, 2009, 06:24:22 pm »

Well, what would you rather do? *besides f**k her brains out* There it is again with the brains......  Wink
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #871 on: May 26, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »

Intelligent converstaion would really depend on the topic. Using myself as an example, if it concerns politics, advanced science , most proper literature and the like, then forget it, I have little understanding of any of them so an intelligent conversation is out the window. And since most Steampunks I've encountered on here if nothing else, all have a tendency to like those things, well there's a reason not to bother right there. If it concerns making stuff, art,  fiddling and so on, animals, the environment, possibly some select film and TV, then I'm fine.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #872 on: May 26, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »

Well, what would you rather do? *besides f**k her brains out* There it is again with the brains......  Wink

Well I suppose that applies to most lasses I meet (let's not get onto the subject of my libido), but then we in a civilised society quell such impulses as a matter of manners. Tongue

No, I mean why not go out for a good dinner? Or enjoy a quiet drink in a comfortable establishment or, -if we're talking about the lass of my dreams here-  work with me on some new music. ^_^
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #873 on: May 26, 2009, 06:31:22 pm »

For me, intelligent conversation would be art and literature and politics. I can talk math and science, as long as it has to do with gears and some of the abstract concepts. I can also talk about history and religion. I know my anime and manga pretty well.....*gets tired of listing junk*
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #874 on: May 26, 2009, 06:34:37 pm »

In which case you will be fine  Smiley . I cannot discuss such things at all in which case I myself will not be fine, and will not be having steampunks.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: