The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 18, 2020, 09:16:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 348904 times)
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #825 on: May 21, 2009, 02:18:15 pm »

Explain me this.

I have told a out-and-out bastard off because he just dates women and kinda throws them aside, and he has a good chance to be with a girl who loves him, and I don't want her to get hurt because of him.

1) His excuse : He hates women. Then why does he date us? Does not compute.

2) After I ripped said person a new hole, he thought I was upset because I wanted to date him. I literally had to spell it out for him. "I do not want to date you."

What kind of messed up logic is that? That's it....I'm becoming a hermit. No more drama, no more guys, no more anything.
SteamDream
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #826 on: May 21, 2009, 02:23:31 pm »

Bastards exist but please don't hold it against the rest of us. I have told bastards off for the same thing. The worst was a guy who asked me to use his phone to call his wife on her birthday. I said sure, he called came back and then asked if he could use it again to call his girlfriend. His wife was pregnant at the time and we where in Baghdad. He was shocked and thought that he hadn't done anything wrong.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #827 on: May 21, 2009, 02:32:34 pm »

Explain me this.

I have told a out-and-out bastard off because he just dates women and kinda throws them aside, and he has a good chance to be with a girl who loves him, and I don't want her to get hurt because of him.

2) After I ripped said person a new hole, he thought I was upset because I wanted to date him. I literally had to spell it out for him. "I do not want to date you."

What kind of messed up logic is that? That's it....I'm becoming a hermit. No more drama, no more guys, no more anything.

Just a classic case of extreme ego.

Click here for win. ---^
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #828 on: May 21, 2009, 02:50:18 pm »

Explain me this.

Meh, there're a lot of screwed up people out there; often people who are interested in other people pay a lot more attention to them- he probably assumed that if you were paying enough interest in him to tell him off about what he was doing (and for compassionate reasons too I might add) you must have been interested in him.

QED 1)he's an idiot for being presumptuous, 2) He's a thoughtless mutton head for saying so even if that was his belief.

Still it's not worth becoming a hermit over- there are lots of ice people out there, just nicer ones tend to be a bit quieter and take a little longer to find.

Them/they
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #829 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:44 pm »

Or extreme insecurity.

Often hard to tell the two apart.

and where one is found the other is usually the cause

I am a freak in control not a control freak
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #830 on: May 21, 2009, 04:22:53 pm »

Or extreme insecurity.

Often hard to tell the two apart.

and where one is found the other is usually the cause

Agreed, arrogance/ego is often the mask over insecurity. This is often mistaken for confidence, but a little looking will show the differences between the two.

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #831 on: May 21, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »

I know he's insecure about some things. I think this is his way of keeping up his self-esteem, but there are healthier ways to do that than to date a girl and then get rid of her when he finds someone else that he thinks is cute. It's like he's Blackbeard.

And here he is, with someone who really loves him, and I'm afraid he's just going to throw this chance away too. I'm angry at him because he dates women to hurt them, but at the same time I want him to realize that this may be his one good shot at happiness, and there may not be a next one.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #832 on: May 21, 2009, 06:38:04 pm »

It's alpha instinct.
Men more than women understand how their actions are influenced by primal, subconscious modes of behaviour. Women tend to be attracted to what we would consider 'jerks' since they behave in a domineering, Alpha manner.
You need to realise that a nice guy won't neccesarily be an initally attractive one. The interesting thing is, once you understand the Alpha principle and how it guides your actions, you'll find yourself attracted to the 'nice' guys more frequently, since you can more easily spot them out.
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2009, 06:39:17 pm »

I know plenty of nice men who are still "alpha males."

And THAT is is the type I am personally attracted to.
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

Smile, let them think you're up to something.

« Reply #834 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:55 pm »

That's the type I married.  Alpha doesn't have to mean jerk.

G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
O is for odd (in the best possible way!)
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #835 on: May 21, 2009, 06:42:17 pm »

Talk about needles in a haystack, though.
SteamDream
Officer

« Reply #836 on: May 21, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »

I think an 'alpha' male is just how a man connects to other men. An alphamale in my oppionion is a man who can lead men. Confident, with a presence. It can be difficult to classify a man as an alpha. I mean I'm 6ft 200lbs and have been told I can present a presence but my personality is far from an alpha male. I am more a loner, doing my own thing. So presence needs to be added with a dominant personality. But still I agree that dominant doesn't really mean a jerk. Just a natural leader.
Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2009, 07:06:30 pm »

I think an 'alpha' male is just how a man connects to other men. An alphamale in my oppionion is a man who can lead men. Confident, with a presence. It can be difficult to classify a man as an alpha. I mean I'm 6ft 200lbs and have been told I can present a presence but my personality is far from an alpha male. I am more a loner, doing my own thing. So presence needs to be added with a dominant personality. But still I agree that dominant doesn't really mean a jerk. Just a natural leader.
There is a lot to that assessment.

In my case it's a combination of things:  I like groups, I like seeing things done, I have no patience for dithering, I have problems with authority and I am... let's just be honest...  usually the smartest guy in the room   Roll Eyes
But I also like everyone in my sphere of influence feeling good, upbeat and included.

Back when I was dating it was simply a matter of being easily bored and not wanting to wait for something to happen to fix that... The responsibility was mine..
As a result, several women have commented that I was the must fun guy they ever met.

- Maximilian
steampunkgrrrl
« Reply #838 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:22 pm »

Well, how old are you?

A month the other side of 30. Smiley

Yay! I'm exactly 8 days, 2 months, and 4 years away from 30.
Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #839 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:36 pm »

"I never would have yout you were 24. You're so mature!"
*nearly chokes on his tea*
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2009, 08:24:32 pm »

"I never would have you you were 24. You're so mature!"
*nearly chokes on his tea*

THEY don't have the privilege of knowing me like you do Brother Tongue

And besides, you bring out the "little sister" in me. Mischief abounds.
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #841 on: May 22, 2009, 10:52:47 am »

Pheobsky : You could be a cat guy maybe?

well thats the intention; it just doesn't have the same ring to it though, still it'll be good fun! *dreams of sitting in a rocking chair, knitting ontop of his houseboat surrounded by thousands of cats*

That's either a big houseboat or amphibious cats
well I say thousands... it'll have to be 'tens' of cats untill I get my lilliputionisation ray...
Anyway; if you have: a cat on your knee, a G&T, & turkish delight -all is good, and dating can go to putney on a pig for all I care right now! Grin
Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #842 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:04 am »

I'll skip on the turkish delight, but otherwise that sounds ideal.

I don't know how you can eat turkish delight, the gruesome gelatinous ooze =/
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #843 on: May 22, 2009, 11:19:40 am »

Turkish delight = GAG >.< Hideous, gelatious, foul, perfume tasting cack ! It's like someone mixed the contents of a bottle of Ghost with some quickset jelly, and coated it in talc/cheap chocolate. Ban this odiferous substance I say! Along with the dreaded Peanut butter! *waves pitchfork*

<((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>¸¸.·´¯><((((º>
¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º> ><((((º>.·
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #844 on: May 22, 2009, 11:30:44 am »

Haha! all the more turkish delight for me- still I can't believe you lot don't like it though. How else is the White Witch meant to tempt you away?

Turkish delight = GAG >.< Hideous, gelatious, foul, perfume tasting cack ! It's like someone mixed the contents of a bottle of Ghost with some quickset jelly, and coated it in talc/cheap chocolate. Ban this odiferous substance I say! Along with the dreaded Peanut butter! *waves pitchfork*
I fear if you have been eating it covered in chocolate, it may not be the real thing... 't should be simply coated in icing sugar and have a fragrant rose taste -nom nom nom!
I'll set my tens of cats on you if you try to ban it! Although having said that 'contraband turkish delight smuggling' does have a certain appeal to it....

I don't know how you can eat turkish delight, the gruesome gelatinous ooze =/
with chopsticks :}
Honeythorn
Zeppelin Admiral

How unfortunate...

« Reply #845 on: May 22, 2009, 11:40:14 am »

I have tried both in the hope I was mistaken about the taste but sadly they both taste horrific to my pallette >.<

Forsooth! It shall not be banned but given in great bushel-fulls to you Phoebsky!
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #846 on: May 22, 2009, 11:44:45 am »

I have tried both in the hope I was mistaken about the taste but sadly they both taste horrific to my pallette >.<

Forsooth! It shall not be banned but given in great bushel-fulls to you Phoebsky!
huzzah! Thank you ever so much -I shall not only be a crazy old cat fellow, but one with an abundance of turkish delight! Grin
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #847 on: May 22, 2009, 03:14:31 pm »

Agreed. There shall be troubles should either turkish delight or penut butter get banned.

And, if you want to share, I'll totally accept Wink
Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #848 on: May 22, 2009, 03:17:44 pm »

I don't care if either of those are banned or not.

Well...peanut butter's good for baiting rats...

And turkish delight wobbles delightfully when shot...

But I'm not eating any!  Grin
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #849 on: May 22, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »

well I doubt I'll get through all of this *hands out turkish delight*
Also it doesn't seem to go too well with knitting- the sugar goes all over it Undecided

I don't care if either of those are banned or not.

Well...peanut butter's good for baiting rats...

And turkish delight wobbles delightfully when shot...

But I'm not eating any!  Grin
Oh and no shooting my turkish delight- especialy while I'm eating it  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: