The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 06, 2021, 02:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 354984 times)
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #575 on: March 07, 2009, 12:13:41 am »

hmm for once I think I have a real reason to post in this thread, usualy being single isn't too bad, as pretty much everything that I realy need is covered, ut right now it'd be nice to have someone I could (and would like to) bother and get sympathy and hugs, without using the phone. Incidentaly to illistrate my point earlier, this is me mildly inebriated, and not going out on a friday -as earlier I found out my housemate has epilepsy and was diagnosed last night- hence why she wasn't in this morning.
A few drinks later in the evening and I'm fretting and feeling as though I should be looking after her, despite knowing she's at friends adn probably in the best place ever given her current state. Still its the 1st time in a long whil that I'm feeling I'd realy quite like someone... Still I'm pretty much resigned to the knowledge that anyone I fall for will inevitablybe a lesbian, oh well happy days Undecided

ps. if upon reading this tomorrow I realise that I've said far too much etc. I wil delete it, however for now it's a comvenient outlet.

--edit--
As for fighting and iguanas - its not a good idea, people fight because they want things, and they dont want to get hurt so they use the easy way so generaly someone'll have a  knife- which never ends well for all concerned- especialy the person sans knife.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:20:58 am by Pheobsky » Logged

Them/they
Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #576 on: March 07, 2009, 01:03:08 am »

A few drinks later in the evening and I'm fretting and feeling as though I should be looking after her, despite knowing she's at friends adn probably in the best place ever given her current state. Still its the 1st time in a long whil that I'm feeling I'd realy quite like someone... Still I'm pretty much resigned to the knowledge that anyone I fall for will inevitablybe a lesbian, oh well happy days Undecided

ps. if upon reading this tomorrow I realise that I've said far too much etc. I wil delete it, however for now it's a comvenient outlet.

For once I'm going to stick my head over the parapet and possibly say something half sensible..

Being diagnosed can be a disturbing time and it can depend on the type of Epilepsy involved. So letting someone "find their space" may be the best move for now... people tend to want to retain their independence in such cases...It's a natural feeling to want to care for someone, however she has not suddenly become a complete invalid, in the words of the T shirt "keep calm and carry on"... albeit with a watchful eye - just in case...

Who knows she may not be a lesbian....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[/end sensible]

Yrs

Poiselamppe

SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #577 on: March 07, 2009, 10:15:08 am »

It's a bit late to wade in with this but... fighting, attractive? No, never. Picking fights is repulsive, if I wanted a partner who thought it somehow made them "hard" and "big", I'd date a Chav. Ditto causing others to have a fight to boost your ego.

Yes, we all need an outlet for aggression/adrenaline, so take up a sport (as has been mentioned), BDSM if you feel you need the pain (on the grounds it's consensual and carefully negotiated) or my personal favourite, the Mosh Pit.

My Significant Other has a near-supernatural skill at talking down a volatile situation (but then he is a bar manager) and that wins my respect infinitely more than using one's fists ever will.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #578 on: March 07, 2009, 11:39:48 am »

For once I'm going to stick my head over the parapet and possibly say something half sensible..

Being diagnosed can be a disturbing time and it can depend on the type of Epilepsy involved. So letting someone "find their space" may be the best move for now... people tend to want to retain their independence in such cases...It's a natural feeling to want to care for someone, however she has not suddenly become a complete invalid, in the words of the T shirt "keep calm and carry on"... albeit with a watchful eye - just in case...

Who knows she may not be a lesbian....

[/end sensible]

Yrs

Poiselamppe

Heh  Ok I'm not quite deleting my post....yet -but I should clear it up a it, firstly I'm not interested in her- its  bit more a older sister sort of relationship, although sometimes this reverses- either way being interested in her would feel well.....creepy. Also to be honest I lied a bit when I said I only fell for lesbians- it tends to be the truth, but there have been quite a few bi peeps too. I think the main problem is my own oddness of taste and not going beyond flirting with anyone outside that...
--edit--
-AlsoI generally find out after I've fallen for them, although me falling for them in the first place is generally a sign...

ps. Amelie et icecream <3 (huge Amelie fan here) another favourite with a happy ending is Delicatessen.
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #579 on: March 07, 2009, 07:45:44 pm »

It's a bit late to wade in with this but... fighting, attractive? No, never. Picking fights is repulsive, if I wanted a partner who thought it somehow made them "hard" and "big", I'd date a Chav. Ditto causing others to have a fight to boost your ego.

Yes, we all need an outlet for aggression/adrenaline, so take up a sport (as has been mentioned), BDSM if you feel you need the pain (on the grounds it's consensual and carefully negotiated) or my personal favourite, the Mosh Pit.

My Significant Other has a near-supernatural skill at talking down a volatile situation (but then he is a bar manager) and that wins my respect infinitely more than using one's fists ever will.

Absolutely. I have no desire whatsoever to get into fights. One of the reasons I like (watching) rugby is because the violence is on the pitch, and there's genuine respect for each other from the real fans. Moshpits are fun, and I've found them very cathartic- although I've noticed that there's a definite problem with 14-year-olds who don't understand the etiquette. Sadly each new batch of them has to be taught this anew.
That's exactly it! Great way of blowing off steam. In Rugby, you try to leave it on the field and, mroe then almost any other contact sport, you can have a beer with the toher guy and laugh about the whole thing. Mosh pits are good too. You loose your footing, end up on your knees, then a dozen hands haul you right back up. These things are good.

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2009, 01:30:01 am »

Please pardon this off-topic tale, as the subject seems to strayed to friendly roughhousing...

It was about, oh, maybe a dozen years ago, when myself and four other friends shared a three bedroom apartment.
We were routinely broke, back then, so rather like David Lister we had to get creative with our entertainment. 
Fighting eachother for fun was common, but occasionally escalated rapidly.  As in: from wrestling to fists to broken plastic hanger in minutes.
During one such fun-and-games, one roomate began swinging about a bottle opener on the end of a chain.  Apparently, that is the next step up from pennies in a sock.
What happened next is such a bizarre convergence of probability that it can only be true.
The sock of pennies burst and sent pennies flying around the room.  Temporarily disabled against the pointed metal flail, I dove into the bathroom for cover.
One swing of the bottle opener went wild and happened to land right into an open lightbulb socket...  which just seconds before had a couple of pennies fly into it...
At that moment, I emerged from the bathroom.  While I know I could not have seen what I think I saw, I still saw it:  I swear I saw his skeleton show through his skin, Wile E. Coyote-style.
Half the complex lost power and went black.
We got some light going and checked our friend.  He lay on the floor panting and steaming.  Once we were assured he was alive we proceeded to beat him with whatever blunt objects we could find.

- Maximilian
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #581 on: March 11, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »

I just noticed this thread (been off the BG for a while) and wondered if anyone has done the online dating-site business and requested a steampunk.  Found any?

Not personally, but I don't rate your chances of finding someone within a reasonable distance.

I have to agree with the assessment. Hell, even here, on the dedicated SP forum, we can hardley find morethan a handfull in the same area, and many aren't even that lucky!

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #582 on: March 13, 2009, 07:12:35 am »

That's almost offensive in my opinion. Not because I have anything against providing your man with steak and a BJ (not that you couldn't do that any OTHER day, meh... whatever), but because of the day they chose. I have several friends who celebrate White Day, and I think having Steak and BJ Day coincide with it makes a mockery of the tradition.

For those who don't know— In Japan, Valentine's Day is the day gals give chocolates to boys they're interested in, and the boys then return the favor by giving the girls chocolate on White Day. As an interesting addition to this, both of the above holidays are also celebrated in South Korea— but with the addition of Black Day on April 14, where singles get together to commiserate while eating noodles XD

Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #583 on: March 13, 2009, 10:32:51 am »

Either way, single with no local prospects make any and all variants of the above a bit depressing.

At least we get noodles : )

Meh, I try not to dwell too much on my single-ness. I've never been in an official relationship, though I would love very much so to have someone I could be close to in that way. It's frustrating at times, but, like I said, I try not to dwell. There are many more productive things to do.
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #584 on: March 13, 2009, 11:09:32 am »

Either way, single with no local prospects make any and all variants of the above a bit depressing.

At least we get noodles : )

Meh, I try not to dwell too much on my single-ness. I've never been in an official relationship, though I would love very much so to have someone I could be close to in that way. It's frustrating at times, but, like I said, I try not to dwell. There are many more productive things to do.

*steps into thread for a moment*

yeah, basically she said it right, i used to crave to be in a relationship with someone, and that was my downfall, i eventually got into one, it ended painfully and then at one point i was in and out of them quicker than you could blink, i took some time to calm down and just stopped looking for it, i enjoyed myself being single, and then once i started doing that i found a true love relationship

*jumps back out of thread*
Micro
Gunner

« Reply #585 on: March 13, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »

too many non-singles in the singles thread Tongue

But, well, it's true. The best relationships happen when you stop looking. Enjoy your freedom, be happy with who you are, and things just sorta fall into place from there.

Too true, I'm single consecutively for as long as I'm in relationships. Last one was a year and a half, and single going on 7 months now. I won't look away from the possibility of someone, but I'm not one to settle either. In the meantime, not having to check in with someone and spend my time how I please is nice. I would much prefer a muse rather than a relationship partner; think Andy Warhol and Edie. :]

Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #586 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:00 am »

Having a moment of not-quite-so-easy-not-to-dwell currently. 'Tis always fun to know that two of your closest friends are having a double date with their (steampunk, the lucky dogs picked 'em both up at the CA Steampunk Convention 2008) beaus, another is fraternizing with an older coworker, and another recently celebrated her first anniversary. Perhaps more so when taking in to consideration that the majority of these ladies constitute three of your four closest friends. And the fourth would be counted as well were it not for the fact that she is trying to break ties with her latest lady.

Yes, moments like this, it is indeed hard not to dwell as I stay home and read or paint. Gah.
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

Smile, let them think you're up to something.

« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2009, 04:42:59 am »

Having a moment of not-quite-so-easy-not-to-dwell currently. 'Tis always fun to know that two of your closest friends are having a double date with their (steampunk, the lucky dogs picked 'em both up at the CA Steampunk Convention 2008) beaus, another is fraternizing with an older coworker, and another recently celebrated her first anniversary. Perhaps more so when taking in to consideration that the majority of these ladies constitute three of your four closest friends. And the fourth would be counted as well were it not for the fact that she is trying to break ties with her latest lady.

Yes, moments like this, it is indeed hard not to dwell as I stay home and read or paint. Gah.
Your young and I'm sure someone will come along soon enough even though now it feels like it is taking forever. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was well into my nineteenth year and I used to think what's wrong with me. Then I realised it wasn't me at all and I just became very comfortable in my own skin. Once that happend I was never really single again.

G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
O is for odd (in the best possible way!)
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome
E.A. Claringbold
Snr. Officer

« Reply #588 on: March 14, 2009, 08:26:56 pm »

I don't think I've said this yet...but I'm actually fine being single at the moment. I mean, I wouldn't mind a guy...just there are other things (study & etc.) that are currently taking up my time.

And in truth...I'm usually the one that's doing the heart breaking, so I haven't got a thing to complaint about at the moment.  Lips sealed
*edit: thing not think.....>__<
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:57:11 pm by E.A. Claringbold » Logged
Magister
Zeppelin Captain

First Mate - The Brass Falcon Airship

« Reply #589 on: March 15, 2009, 12:48:51 am »

It seems a lot of us want the best friend as significant other relationship. It should be much simpler to obtain than the more classical romance novel style affairs. So why are so many of us unable to find that best friend lover?

I've only seen a glimmer of possibility of such twice. The first girl, I lost to a cult. (Seriously.) The second girl ended up dating another friend of mine, who ultimately broke her heart, and she moved away (for largely unrelated reasons) before enough time had passed that I would have felt it was appropriate to ask her out.
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #590 on: March 15, 2009, 02:45:53 am »

*plugs ears* Sorry dear, but if anyone ever tried to play that while pursuing me, I do believe I would run away screaming into the night. Pretty much positive about that actually. Only about a 5% chance that I'd fall over from laughing too hard before I got the chance to.

That being said, I think what I'm looking for is companionship and passion. Just one or the other would be rather dull, and as Miss Abiliegh said, I have friends for companionship.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2009, 04:42:31 am »

Here's a tale that'll bring quite a lot into focus. Yes, I wrote it, yes it happened to me. This is a long one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love is a strange thing.

It doesn't hit you like a hammer, or in a sudden wave. Certainly not like anything the movies say.

No, love..... love is like a glacier. A slow, massive, unstoppable thing over which you cannot ever imagine to have any control.

I know. I know not because it happened to me, more that it almost happened. I nearly had that person, the one that is dreamt of in  song and story. She happened a long time ago, subjectively. Long enough for me to almost begin to heal the wounds that she left.

It all started last year. Last september to be exact.
A month previous, I was with someone. We were together for the fourth time in two years. Two people who found one another intolerable, yet utterly, totally attracted to one another. Her name was Michaela.
Well, doubtless to say, it failed. Again. But I remembered something she said, whilst we were together.
It's stupid, really. To think how it all started. My beau at the time was on Myspace, and was browsing the page of a college friend. She said to me how pretty said person was, a passing friend in college.
Well, I thought no more of it. Until after me and Michaela had split up.
I looked this person up, out of curiosity - I'm serious, merely curiosity - at the time. Her page was eloquent. It was loquacious, is was intelligent. Hardly the sort of thing one would expect from most people.
So against my better judgement I contacted her.
Said hello, introduced myself, that sort of thing. Her name was Tamara, and she would eventually turn out to be the one woman I loved over anyone else.
She replied and I initiated conversation, over myspace comment, of all things, and we got into a conversation.
Something about Gordon Brown, of all things. Well, for the first time in months I had been intellectually challenged - having surrounded myself with idiots, it seems in hindsight, for quite a few months. I met her in person a month later, after she was enticed to Southend by the very woman I had split up with, yet remained casual friends with, in a sojourn to drink at a friend's house.
She was prettier than I could have imagined, but quieter than I thought. Whilst attempting to strike up conversation, I kept my distance, too. Didn't want to seem pushy.

Over MSN, though, we became good friends. We talked on many subjects - politics, religion, music, art, history, science - goodness knows what. We began to attend the same parties, to go to the places we knew each other would be.
She was clever. Really clever. The most brilliant woman I had ever met, in fact. This only added to the fact that she was as pretty as she was intelligent.
She was the most amazing woman I had ever met, but with a single, damning flaw.

She was taken, going out with a guy six hundred miles north.

Tamara, or Tamz, as I knew her, became the woman I wanted. Thought about. Dreamt about.
So what if she had a nihilistic, alcoholic, drug-taking streak? It was nothing I didn't already understand.
Two months followed in where I kept in quiet tow. Carefully watching, waiting for my chance.

That chance -or at least, something- came a while after.
A concert. I had decided to see Mindless self Indulgence play, and Tamz was going, -although I didn't know it -, with people I had long ceased contact with, for various reasons.
All in all, it was a jolly good gig. Fantastic, by all means. I moved out of a dispersing crowd with a feeling of great elation, though nothing compared to what would follow.
At the time my course in Art at the local college was in full swing, and I had a few friends there, ones I could count on.
Well, as I left the concert I met Tamz and a few others. My ex, Michaela, was there.
Off her fucking face on ecstacy. I hated Michaela at that point.
She had never been less attractive to me as she was then - stumbling around in a drugged stupor.

We were on the street at that point. Tamz asked if I would join her for a drink and I accepted.
In the pub I joined Tamz, Michaela, and two others I had never met before.
We drank, we talked, I ignored the ecstasy-fuelled woman with as much grace as I could muster.
I don't remember too much after that. Only a single event.
I was standing on the platform in the London Underground with Tamz, her arms outstretched.
I embraced her. Her lips were on my neck, kissing along my jugular. It was then I knew for certain what I had hoped for three months -
She did like me! I was certain of it! More sure of that one fact than anything else in my life.
Well, a week later, the next I heard from her, she was silent.
Seems everything at that gig was a blur.
Fine, I said, that's alright. I continued by what was by then a protracted campaign to win her. She would be mine, no matter what the cost.

The next event I can clearly remember was two weeks after. She came to my house on invitation for drinks. Just me and her.
On cider we talked, chatted, listened to music. We sang and danced to 'Low' by the Foo Fighters. To this day this is one of the clearest memories of my life.
She was so beautiful, so amazing... so utterly what I wanted. That night we kissed for the first time.

Yeah, she was taken. So what? She would be mine. I had made a selfish, self-centric choice, and I would not deviate from it.
She would be mine, no matter what.
Well, these sojourns to my house became a regular thing. She would begin sleeping in my bed.
She would tell me of the arguments and problems she had with he long-distance boyfriend.
I knew it - I was close - She was mine, I knew it!

Fast-foward two weeks later. After a particularly climatic night at my house, we are walking out to a local park, her choice, at some hour of the morning.

I tell her, honestly, that I love her, more than I have anyone else in my life.
She is hesitant, but we kiss, again, and she tells me that she loves me too.
By this point I know her intimately - her history, her loves, her hates, her hopes and fears. I love her, and can't think of any reality in which she does not reciprocate the strength of emotion.
She left that night with what seemed a weight on her shoulders.

I didn't hear from her after that.
Not a peep.
I went mildly insane - trying to contact her through any means - desperate to hear more from the woman I had so dearly loved.
I could get nothing.

Well, it turns out she did moreorless the same thing with my best friend at the time, utterly without my knowledge.
She hasn't been heard from since.

I hate her.

I don't just hate her, I hate her as much as any living creature can hate another.

She is the worst being I have ever encountered, and I mean that.

I hate her.

People of the BrassGoggles Forum.

That is love.
That is truly opening your heart to someone.
That is what happens.

Click here for win. ---^
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2009, 05:14:59 am »

I hate her.

I don't just hate her, I hate her as much as any living creature can hate another.

She is the worst being I have ever encountered, and I mean that.

I hate her.

People of the BrassGoggles Forum.

That is love.
That is truly opening your heart to someone.
That is what happens.

That is what happens when a good person is victim to a heartless, twisted, and ultimately selfish person's games. *hugs* You deserve better than that. I've been in a much milder version of a similar situation, but what you have gone through is utterly horrid. It infuriates me beyond all possible belief when people use others for games— mostly due to the situation I mention. But yes, I do hope you find someone more worthy of you soon. Someone who will help you regain the ability to trust. Because believe me, I know what events like that do to your ability to trust others... : /
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2009, 05:32:22 am »

yeah, ive had things like that, one of my dark times i was going out with someone (it was only for about 4 days by this point) but i couldnt be bothered anymore because she wasnt picking up her phone, even though she had been chasing me for the past 2 weeks, and there was this girl, who became the terror of 2008 for me, i just couldnt get rid of her, but thats later on, basically she was telling me she was gonna be leaving her boyfriend soon, and i liked her, so, i waited a little bit until i eventually asked her out, she said yes and it was a short while before she even realised and then asked what would we do about her boyfriend and my girlfriend, i just shrugged and said they can have each other, basically i was in a dream state for the time we were going out, and then something happened which i wont go into here, and we werent, we just cut contact, a few weeks later when i was seeing someone else she popped up and using her smile, ended up leeching a Burger King off me before i got on the train to go to a gig in Edinburgh, then i didnt see anything of her for about a month, by that time i was single and she said she wanted to get back with me, using her smile i was back with her, but even though we were like a couple, i didnt feel it, sometimes i felt she was just thinking of other things, so i just walked out, about another month passed and i saw her again, same old story, smile and back together, for a few weeks, then she stood me up on my birthday, i was left standing there for an hour like an idiot, and that was it

now here comes the best part, my birthday is in june, and she has just had a baby

so she slept with someone unprotected, at the same time she was with me, when we didnt even do anything that far

i saw her last october and just snarled while walking past and ignored her when she tried to talk to me shortly following
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #594 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:11 am »

AHA

Me and him - we're both long past a hug, or a sympathetic sentence.

Ah well, at least I tried *shrug*

Personally, I'm the sort who takes the horrible stuff that happens to me, kicks it in the ass, and comes out stronger rather quickly. Still, I'm not sure how I would do in your situation. Even with mine, I was only knocked down for about a week. Since Steam_Master shared, I guess I will as well. The brief version anyway.

I've never been in an official relationship. Prior to the following incident, I had never even been actively pursued. In March 2008, I met my neighbor Glen. Glen had a girlfriend named Amanda. He and Amanda were involved in an incident which I am not allowed to speak of or really know about, but involved law officials. Glen professed an interest in me a week later, I declined because I saw him purely as a friend. A week later he introduced me to a friend named Jordan. Jordan had a steady girlfriend as well. A week or so past that, Jordan also professed an interest in me, while still in a relationship. I told him I wasn't interested in breaking up another relationship, that I am fine dating multiple people in an open relationship, but that he was not in an open relationship with the girl, and that was unfair to her. Around the same time Glen introduced me to Jordan, he introduced me to Jose. Jose was incredible. He played guitar like a god, wrote poetry with me, and stayed up late in to the night talking on the phone and chatting online with me. He was intelligent, sweet, gorgeous, eloquent, shared many of my interests, in short he was everything I was looking for. We hung out together, I fell asleep on him in the park, listened to him play music in his room, played guitar hero for hours before dozing in my room. Things seemed amazing. We went out on our first official "date" on a friday in late April. I was having a bad day, and fell asleep during part of the movie. He was sweet about it, took me home, said goodbye, and we parted ways.

He slept with Amanda the next day.

Glen and Jose haven't spoken since. He and I recently found out that Amanda and Jose are still going strong. Jose was the first person I ever really trusted that way, and he stomped all over everything I though I knew.

But I've gotten over it. It influences the way I look at the world and relationships in general now, but it's just a part of my past. There's nothing I can do to change it, so I just remember it and move forward. There you go, there's my story.

There's really nothing I can say that will be enough in reaction to what happened to you b_c, but do know that I abhor the situation regardless, and wish sincerely that you will have better in the future.
Micro
Gunner

« Reply #595 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:51 am »

Nothing is more exhilarating than the feeling of a broken heart. It's intense, and you feel alive. I wouldn't trade the feeling for the world. However, I'm generally the "guy on the side". I seem to attract females in relationships, I'm not a good person though. :] Last night I danced with a girl who wouldn't even dance face to face with her life partner, but I was a different story.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #596 on: March 15, 2009, 07:09:29 am »

Nothing is more exhilarating than the feeling of a broken heart. It's intense, and you feel alive. I wouldn't trade the feeling for the world. However, I'm generally the "guy on the side". I seem to attract females in relationships, I'm not a good person though. :] Last night I danced with a girl who wouldn't even dance face to face with her life partner, but I was a different story.

You're wrong.
You feel most alive right before your heart is broken.
Nyte
Zeppelin Captain

Architect of Social Chaos

« Reply #597 on: March 15, 2009, 07:13:32 am »

Sounds like it's open up and share night.  Heh...  why not.

First girl I dated, went away to college about 6 hours driving from home, in Columbus, OH.  I went and visited one weekend, and we went to Indianapolis to visit some mutual online friends.  Spent the night out there.  Woke in the AM to find her in bed with someone else, twined in comprimising nudity.

Fast forward a couple years, living in Tucson, AZ.  Dating a great girl, she was going to college with plans to be a marine biologist.  One night she went to a party, got talking into trying a joint, got a heavily laced one by accident, and overdosed.  In my arms, waiting for the ambulance.

Bit after that, I met the woman I married.  Things got bad at one point, she got pregnant to try and keep me.  It worked.  Till almost a year after the birth of our daughter I caught her cheating, she had even lied to get me to pay for an abortion to cover it up.

Shortly after, I hadn't even healed, just shoved the feelings aside, packing them in nice, volitile internal packages, I met Steph.  Loved her with all my heart, soul, and beyond.  We were together 3 years.  Then she cheated on me with a guy who had been like a brother to me for 8 years.  Destroyed my heart.  Destroyed my hopes, my soul, my self esteem.  Took me years to recover.  I a just a few months ago ready to try trusting women and my feelings gettting put out there enough to think of more than nights of meaningless carnal pleasure.

So yeah, having your heart ripped out not only destroys your trust, and fuels you to just follow your inner hedonistic urges, but it puts  you on before unseen courses.  I would not be who or where I am today otherwise.  I do not want what I had, I want passion, and I want companionship.  I want someone that wants what I want, in that they want someone to share life with, share time and passion, and share experiences, both through doing together, and discussing what we do apart.  Someone that wants to be and share with me, and doesn't want to try and shoehorn either of us into something we don't fit into, or don't want no matter on what level.  

The memory of the pain will stay with you for life, and even a piece of that pain.  As well as the memory of the love, and a  piece of it as well.  I refuse to let who I am slip away from me, and at the same time I cannot allow myself to be form fitted into something for the sake of alleviating the difficulties of being alone.  I would rather weather that storm, and even take advantage of it's positive aspects, until such time as the correct change finds it's way to me.  I no longer look per se, but I am open and alert to it drifting into the unwritten work that is the theater of my own personal opus et via.

"Memories may last for years but, Names are just for souveniers..."
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #598 on: March 15, 2009, 07:55:30 am »

Man. Man oh man oh man. Man. Dude. Those are some pretty personal stories. I know it doesn't help, but, I'm sorry that that's happened to you all. No-one, and I mean no-one, should ever, ever, ever do that to another human being. I'm sorry.
And, I know I've said this before, but, even though I've never met you, and probably never will, I love you all. Each time you share, I just want to hug you, comfort you, tell you it's all gonna be all right, but I can't.
I'm sorry.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Darkauras
Gunner

« Reply #599 on: March 15, 2009, 08:02:47 am »

Wow...everyone sounds so depressed...

All I can say is I'm single and happy. I've been in one relationship, and we were on totally different levels when it came to communication. He was one of the people who wants to to be on the phone every minute of the day, and I hate the phone...needless to say the relationship didn't work.

So, until I find someone totally worth my time I'll stay single.

Yeah...I got nothin'...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: