The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 27, 2019, 08:41:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 333840 times)
Magister
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

First Mate - The Brass Falcon Airship

« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2008, 09:56:05 am »

Shares my predilection for experimentation in the bedroom.
Hmm, may be wise to keep the experimentation in the laboratory

...Sorry, had to say it...

Grin That gives me a marvelous idea!

I think you should hold as tightly to those qualities as you darn well want to :p unless she charms the pants off you and you think you can ignore her inability to read/plain mode of dress/filling the house with gaudily decorated shrines/being a eunuchwhich would call for inventiveness on your part i guess...

For me personally my list is part fantasy, part necessity (like the bit about not hitting me, or getting into barfights, haha.)
I'm not inventive enough to flesh out my ideal partner from scratch. as long as he's not abusive, ordinary or a cheater, I think I can love almost anyone. Some things definitely strike me though. Very definitely.

My friends seem to think I'm setting the bar too high with that checklist, but as I think you and Mr. O-Byrne understand, without certain key elements, attempting to start a relationship would be rather pointless, and possibly painful.
Seaton Begg
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Anarcho-Dadaist

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2008, 07:15:49 pm »

Christmas is the best and worst time of year to be single.

On the plus side one can let the 'festive' season pass by with little fuss. No pressure to buy the perfect gift.

Unfortunately some people feel more isolated and lonely at this time of year.

Being, by nature, of a misanthropic bent I am glad to be single  Smiley

We shall bewilder the masses with seams in our trousers that could cut paper, trilbies angled so rakishly that traffic comes to a standstill; and by refusing the bland, watery substances that are foisted upon us by faceless corporations, we shall bring the establishment to its knees.
Haizea
Snr. Officer

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2008, 07:25:19 pm »

Christmas is the best and worst time of year to be single.
On the plus side one can let the 'festive' season pass by with little fuss. No pressure to buy the perfect gift.

Pfft, I don't buy gifts anyway. Except for people I genuinely like, so I'm not a complete scrooge (just mostly). And when I do get gifts, they're usually very well thought-out, not something tacky like a singing santa or a snowglobe. One is too many, I'm telling you.

Sealed with the kiss of swine,
The heavy fort falls to the flame,
Bone-rattled melodies and worm-laden rains.
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

A Gentleman.

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:03 pm »

Grin its a difficult thing to make such a list- but purely for amusement, heres an arbitrary summary although it is far from absolute!

-I'm quite paticular about size and height; I find that I'm rarely if ever inclined to go for people who are both skinny and shorter- I only really go for skinny peeps if they are relatively tall {usualy my height or above}
-exeptions to the above would be Auldrey {Hepburn} and Amilie {Poulain} -so perhaps the whole height thing is negated by people who's names begin with 'A' and are in films....

-Character wise my preferred type would again be the slightly Amilie type scatty, happy, a bit chic, etc. but in reality I tend to more often fall for people who are a bit more down to earth {although given to a certain type of zaniness...} maybe a bit tomboyish at times, and liable to foil stop my more unthought out plans before they go horribly wrong. At this point however I must also interject that they are also generaly the sort of people who are not above giving me a mild electrical shock {or similar} when it amuses them; as I have found out from experience -more than once.... 

I think the whole character thing may be due to this opposites attract malarkey...

There's nothing finer than going to the 192O's for a dance!
SteamDream
Officer

« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »

This is a singles forum so I was wondering, best lines. Come on I know you all must have had at least one unbelievable witty, or smooth moment.

My best was in germany, out with a grouo of friends an a group of cut local girls were sitting by themselves. So after much teasing of my friend who noticed them but didn't have the guts to invite them to join us I vollenteered to give it a shot.

I walked over smiled and asked if the ladies would like to join us. The apparent leader of the group raised a hand to wave me off saying, "Nine." (Ya I'm sure it's not spelled that way.) With out missing a beat I pulled out a paper and pen and replied, "OK, nine, now what's the rest of your phone number."

The whole group cracked up and then politly let me know that a majority of them were waiting on their BF's and that they do appreciate the offer.

So was still shot down but less coldly.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2008, 05:06:57 pm »

Steampunk pick-up lines:

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=8941.0

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2008, 09:46:49 pm »

My polite turn-down to various nice offers from men is a smile and "Thank you, I'd love to...(hold up hand with marriage ring & smile a little ruefully), but I don't think my husband would approve".  This seems to be a polite way of letting the man know that there is nothing wrong with him, and that I'm flattered to be asked, I'm just not available.

Vienna

P.S. (my turndown to impolite grabs is "move your hand or lose your fingers! (or teeth)").  Generally accompanied by a cocked fist (for teeth) or a painful hold (for fingers). 
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2008, 05:57:53 am »

I have my eye on a girl in my workshop class. I am far to shy to say anything.
Get some dutch courage! Cheesy

Or just say hello Smiley find an opportune moment to introduce yourself and get talking Smiley perhaps exchange msn addresses and get to know each other better Cheesy

Well we already have. It is however, the last workshop class tomorrow.
Ah then just make sure you stay in touch, perhaps go to see a film with her, or take her for food :3

That is the idea. my friend.
Rubbish! Wack her with your cudgel, get her over your shoulder, and back tot he cave with you! Shocked

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
Gazongola
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

I am the flashing monocle.

« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:39 am »

I have my eye on a girl in my workshop class. I am far to shy to say anything.
Get some dutch courage! Cheesy

Or just say hello Smiley find an opportune moment to introduce yourself and get talking Smiley perhaps exchange msn addresses and get to know each other better Cheesy

Well we already have. It is however, the last workshop class tomorrow.
Ah then just make sure you stay in touch, perhaps go to see a film with her, or take her for food :3

That is the idea. my friend.
Rubbish! Wack her with your cudgel, get her over your shoulder, and back tot he cave with you! Shocked

I am afraid I am not in to that sort of thing.
Mercurielle
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2008, 06:09:29 am »

Eep!   Shocked  I'm going to have to keep a keen eye over my shoulder and probably keep my long, auburn tresses tied securely back.  I shouldn't like to be dragged off to some cave by my hair!
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:52 am »

Eep!   Shocked  I'm going to have to keep a keen eye over my shoulder and probably keep my long, auburn tresses tied securely back.  I shouldn't like to be dragged off to some cave by my hair!
Please, that's so barbaric. It's precisely why you go for the firemans carry. Also a boon if you're in on more hefty women.

Come now, Mercurielle. How long have we known eachother? Such good friends, you should know whether or not I'd truly advocate such a thing.  Cheesy
Dr. Oliver Cross
Zeppelin Captain

As stable as a house of cards on the San Andreas.

« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24:01 am »

I've got plans for a hand-cranked run- Nevermind that.

That, sir, sounds like an excellent plan, I wish you all the best.

Zimbabwe's landlocked.... Grin

I think he meant Zanzibar. Wink

No, no.  I'm well aware that Zimbabwe's landlocked!  That's why I chose them.  They'll NEVER expect an amphibious assault!!!  Mu AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

If I have to choose between loving you or breathing, I will use my last breath to say "I love you."  --  Estevan Shu
Fiachna
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2008, 11:39:11 am »

I am in something of a predicament, you see I have 2 tickets to the years end ball, and noone to take. That is not my problem however, the young lass I intend to ask to go with me works at the supermarket that I shall be patronising tomorrow, and I am quite sure she will agree. The problem I have is how do I START the conversation with her, being a very efficiency minded person (and also being male comes into it I guess) I do not ask about products unless I either intend to buy them then and there, or am interested in a particular product's workings. This leaves me at an impass, as I am sure asking about something's workings would not get me far, and I have no intention of buying anything other than the standard fare that can be found on the shelves. Another thing to note is this is not a store clerk, but is actually a restocker, making idle chit chat at the register impossible. I guess rather than answers I'm after inspiration, I could make something up but that would be so boring! I prefer to leave such an impression that I am sure that I will be on her mind for days if not weeks.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2008, 11:41:58 am »

Simple, you approach her when she´s restocking the fruits and vegetables department and go "Hey, nice melons you got there!"

Nah, don´t do that.  Tongue

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2008, 01:19:12 pm »

Simple, you approach her when she´s restocking the fruits and vegetables department and go "Hey, nice melons you got there!"

Nah, don´t do that.  Tongue

Unless you really like being slapped. In which case, go for it.
Fiachna
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2008, 01:46:53 pm »

heh, as an opening line it could work, its all in the delivery. But its a bit too cliched for me, I'll see what hits me in the moment I think
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2008, 02:21:37 pm »

I've got plans for a hand-cranked run- Nevermind that.

That, sir, sounds like an excellent plan, I wish you all the best.

Zimbabwe's landlocked.... Grin

I think he meant Zanzibar. Wink

No, no.  I'm well aware that Zimbabwe's landlocked!  That's why I chose them.  They'll NEVER expect an amphibious assault!!!  Mu AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

You could enquire at the Swiss Embassy, to borrow their Naval Forces. Smiley

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Mercurielle
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2008, 06:12:32 pm »

Please, that's so barbaric. It's precisely why you go for the firemans carry. Also a boon if you're in on more hefty women.

Come now, Mercurielle. How long have we known eachother? Such good friends, you should know whether or not I'd truly advocate such a thing.  Cheesy

Quite right!  Although a fireman's carry?  I think you'd be more likely to gallantly toss a lady over your shoulders like a sack of dainty potatoes.  Wink

Unfortunately, I may be rather easy to abscond with, as I'm a mere 5'1" and not exactly hefty (no idea what I weigh, actually..).  But I make up for size with feisty intensity!  Cheesy
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2008, 06:13:47 pm »

Perhaps a good motto for the singles, like the Swiss, is "be prepared for anything to happen!"

Vienna
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2008, 06:16:49 pm »

Yes but the Swiss army hasn´t seen any action for 500 years.
Mercurielle
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2008, 06:32:27 pm »

Perhaps a good motto for the singles, like the Swiss, is "be prepared for anything to happen!"

Vienna

I should have applied that to the last fellow I was seeing!  He was something of a charlatan.
JingleJoe
Zeppelin Overlord

The Green Dungeon Alchemist

« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2008, 07:00:52 pm »

Jolly good Smiley keep up the good work old sport Smiley

I plan to. You had any luck lately?
No.

Sad

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2008, 07:04:23 pm »

They invaded Lichtenstein last year!

By mistake, admittedly...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/mar/02/markoliver

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
KatarinaNavane
Zeppelin Captain

KatarinaNavane
« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2008, 07:07:52 pm »

They invaded Lichtenstein last year!

By mistake, admittedly...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/mar/02/markoliver

*giggles*

Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »

Priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Up
  Print