The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2019, 01:30:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 339989 times)
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1150 on: December 01, 2009, 03:37:55 pm »

I recently just became single.
My love broke up with me on Friday and I am still getting used to it -sigh-. 3 months and a half we went, and he lives in Wales! Not once did we meet each other face to face because neither of us could afford to (that is why I love Skype).
I do not see why any Gentleman here would be attracted to me.
I'm not exactly the brightest cog in the machine, nor am I the prettiest.
 Undecided
-recites a poem she modded- Roses are red, violets are blue. My heart, once again, has been split straight in two....

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1151 on: December 01, 2009, 08:21:48 pm »

Cornelia:

I saw a pic of you posted on one of the other threads.  You're hot, and I'm not delusional.
My sympathies to all women of the modern world!  We're all deceived by the media, and you all suffer so greatly from it!  Even when you know better, society tries to teach you that your value lies in your physical beauty, and some of that insidious lie inevitably sinks in.  TV and movies and magazines present you with 'beautiful' women whose beauty is all smoke-and-mirrors, touched-up by airbrush magicians and make-up sorcerers and hair-stylist warlocks and perfect-lighting enchanters.
I've seen celebrity sex-symbols in real life.  They're regular people, like yourselves.  It's ALMOST entirely smoke-and-mirrors, I swear.
Besides, 'if you compare yourself with others will become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'.
And furthermore, neither beauty nor intelligence will convince a partner to stay with you.  Compatibility is not so superficial as that.

'Be not cynical about love, for it is perennial as the grass'.  Failed relationships are just practice; practice that ensures you'll be prepared with all of the skills necessary to succeed when the right person comes along.  Practice makes perfect, it's said.

And be proud of your heartache!  It reminds you that you're still open, still willing to make yourself vulnerable, still very human.  When you're so jaded that you cease being able to feel heartbroken, THAT's when you know you have a problem.

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #1152 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23:12 pm »

I recently just became single.
My love broke up with me on Friday and I am still getting used to it -sigh-. 3 months and a half we went, and he lives in Wales! Not once did we meet each other face to face because neither of us could afford to (that is why I love Skype).
I do not see why any Gentleman here would be attracted to me.
I'm not exactly the brightest cog in the machine, nor am I the prettiest.
 Undecided
-recites a poem she modded- Roses are red, violets are blue. My heart, once again, has been split straight in two....

Actually the way you have handled yourself thus far has not shown a great deal of stupidity.
I have yet to lose patience with you and that usually happens when I hear from the unintelligent.
You may not be particularly good at maths or science, but they do not make up the entirety of the realm of intellect.
I am considered quite intelligent and numbers give me no end of difficulty.

As for not being pretty, after looking at your post in the pictures thread I can comfortably say:
Not pretty, MY ARSE!

And yeah, love can hurt. It's part of the point.
But true, proper love, even if it's not forever, is more than worth the heartbreak it can result in.
I learned that this year.

Nae king, nae quin, nae laird, nae master! We won't be fooled agin!

I do not suffer fools, fools suffer ME!

"If she be the daughter of fifty kings" Said Father Fitzgibbon "I tell you, you can't marry her, she being a fish."

http://sceyeballkid.deviantart.com/
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1153 on: December 01, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »

Cornelia:

I saw a pic of you posted on one of the other threads.  You're hot, and I'm not delusional.
My sympathies to all women of the modern world!  We're all deceived by the media, and you all suffer so greatly from it!  Even when you know better, society tries to teach you that your value lies in your physical beauty, and some of that insidious lie inevitably sinks in.  TV and movies and magazines present you with 'beautiful' women whose beauty is all smoke-and-mirrors, touched-up by airbrush magicians and make-up sorcerers and hair-stylist warlocks and perfect-lighting enchanters.
I've seen celebrity sex-symbols in real life.  They're regular people, like yourselves.  It's ALMOST entirely smoke-and-mirrors, I swear.
Besides, 'if you compare yourself with others will become vain and bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'.
And furthermore, neither beauty nor intelligence will convince a partner to stay with you.  Compatibility is not so superficial as that.

-blushes-
Hot, says he....
I don't compare myself to models in the media or celebrities. I just do not think that I am that attractive.
And by today's standards, I am most certainly not. I mean, I don't look at myself and go "Oh my God. I need to lose weight" because I am happy with my body (okay, so I need to lose a little wieght, but that is entirely irrelevant). But I just don't think that I am that attractive. People look at me and say "you are gorgeous" and I honestly do not see where they are coming from.

'Be not cynical about love, for it is perennial as the grass'.  Failed relationships are just practice; practice that ensures you'll be prepared with all of the skills necessary to succeed when the right person comes along.  Practice makes perfect, it's said.

That's the thing, though.
The person that just broke up with me? I honestly thought that he was the one. The one I would spend the rest of my life with (or at least a good portion of it, anyway). I honestly, truly loved him, and I still do.
When he told me it was over, for the first time out of all the relationships I have had, I felt my heart break, and by God, it hurt. It still does hurt.

And be proud of your heartache!  It reminds you that you're still open, still willing to make yourself vulnerable, still very human.  When you're so jaded that you cease being able to feel heartbroken, THAT's when you know you have a problem.

I know. The pain lets you know that you are human, that you're alive. But that doesn't make it any easier to experience.
I'm told that I should be strong, but how can I be strong and embrace the pain at the same time?

Frau Tankgerhausen
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

The miss with love for giant weapons.

« Reply #1154 on: December 01, 2009, 10:52:58 pm »

The person that just broke up with me? I honestly thought that he was the one. The one I would spend the rest of my life with (or at least a good portion of it, anyway). I honestly, truly loved him, and I still do.
When he told me it was over, for the first time out of all the relationships I have had, I felt my heart break, and by God, it hurt. It still does hurt.
I've also thought the same about my last boyfriend. We were together for more than a year, and I thought it'd be wonderful together later,with kids and pets and a white fence.
But he didn't see us growing old together, and we broke up two weeks ago.
You can't change that, but you can learn from it. My heart still hurts too,and I still love him, but I found out more about myself I couldn't find out without him.
Like my mother said, cherish the nice moments, learn from the bad ones. It'll pass eventually, and you can enjoy life more if you know about the nice things.

Plastic parts and glue,
doing everything I can do,
to build the steambears.<3

....How hyu gun get him to do dat?
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #1155 on: December 01, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »

I've also thought the same about my last boyfriend. We were together for more than a year, and I thought it'd be wonderful together later,with kids and pets and a white fence.
But he didn't see us growing old together, and we broke up two weeks ago.
You can't change that, but you can learn from it. My heart still hurts too,and I still love him, but I found out more about myself I couldn't find out without him.
Like my mother said, cherish the nice moments, learn from the bad ones. It'll pass eventually, and you can enjoy life more if you know about the nice things.

THIS is precisely what I'm talking about.
We both did see a future together. But some things got in the way.
I still love her.
But yes, as a result I have learned much about myself and the world and I'm well on my way to important spiritual progression.
Burr
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

My bark is worse then my bite

« Reply #1156 on: December 01, 2009, 11:01:17 pm »

How often are your keys or some other item your searching for in the first place you look? How often have you had to tear the house apart for them? I think it's like that. Keep searching or at least an eye and mind open for the possibilities. It's always in the last place you look. If you don't keep yourself open for fear of being hurt then you won't get far or experience the joy. You've got to take a chance sometimes. Rest assured, many, many others out there are going through the same thing. There is nothing wrong with you and you are not stupid because a relationship didn't work out in the long run.

Try not let your self-esteem or confidence get dented and bruised. Perhaps through the eyes of others you will understand what they find attractive, what they see in you. Understand that you do have something to offer. It can sometimes be hard to see these things in yourself, especially if you're not feeling very confident. If you're getting compliments, then you must be doing something right. I find all too many people are far too hard on themselves. Probably for the reasons that the Vagabond GentleMan has pointed out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great advice. You are an urban sage. Wink
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1157 on: December 01, 2009, 11:10:59 pm »

Cornelia:

-blushes-
Hot, says he....
I don't compare myself to models in the media or celebrities. I just do not think that I am that attractive.
And by today's standards, I am most certainly not. I mean, I don't look at myself and go "Oh my God. I need to lose weight" because I am happy with my body (okay, so I need to lose a little wieght, but that is entirely irrelevant). But I just don't think that I am that attractive. People look at me and say "you are gorgeous" and I honestly do not see where they are coming from.

I know. The pain lets you know that you are human, that you're alive. But that doesn't make it any easier to experience.
I'm told that I should be strong, but how can I be strong and embrace the pain at the same time?

Well you look very pretty to me Smiley

Its never any fun when a relationship doesn't work out but its not usually anyone's fault, its just a difficult thing to get right and it certainly doesn;t mean that there's anything wrong with you.

There's no getting round teh fact that it hurts and that takes a little while to get over but there's an infinite number of other chances out there so even if you're sad for a while there's no reason to be bitter Smiley

A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress.
Lord Byron
TribalWren
« Reply #1158 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:13 pm »

Ok...I'm going to say the one thing that you will probably hate me for saying.....but it has to be said. If the age on your profile is actually acccurate then let me say- you are really so young and although it may feel like the end of the world now, you will move on and experience new emotions. Infact, I feel like at your age, you haven't even had the chance to completely experience the different depths of love yet, and just to cheer you up...when you're older it probably feels much worse than when you were a teen. From the perspective of one who can look back, I realise it was all much more simple then!! #unhelpful comments.

As a typical teacher, I have probably managed to say texactly the wrong thing, but hopefully when you're able to look back, you'll realise it made sense!!  Undecided
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1159 on: December 01, 2009, 11:52:41 pm »

I have to agree with Tribal Wren.  I haven't checked Cornelia's age, but could tell she was young regardless.

Oh, and how the young HATE it when the older folk remind them that they're young!  So I'm sorry about that, but...

I broke up with my girlfriend of a year last month.  She was 24 (I'm 30), and she thought I was going to be 'the one'.
If she had had a little more romantic experience, she would have known it wasn't so.  Yes, we loved each other, but love often just isn't enough.  Compatibility is complicated, and just plain hard work is absolutely inevitable. 

But the truth is, experience will show anyone that it's probably necessary to go through a great number of relationships before you actually have an honest understanding of what you NEED in a relationship, rather than what you WANT.

Going through the pain of the breakup and heartache teaches you a great deal about yourself.  Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS!  Ya gotta live day-by-day, and it slowly but surely gets easier.  Just hold-fast.
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1160 on: December 02, 2009, 12:15:23 am »

I have to agree with Tribal Wren.  I haven't checked Cornelia's age, but could tell she was young regardless.

Oh, and how the young HATE it when the older folk remind them that they're young!  So I'm sorry about that, but...

I broke up with my girlfriend of a year last month.  She was 24 (I'm 30), and she thought I was going to be 'the one'.
If she had had a little more romantic experience, she would have known it wasn't so.  Yes, we loved each other, but love often just isn't enough.  Compatibility is complicated, and just plain hard work is absolutely inevitable. 

But the truth is, experience will show anyone that it's probably necessary to go through a great number of relationships before you actually have an honest understanding of what you NEED in a relationship, rather than what you WANT.

Going through the pain of the breakup and heartache teaches you a great deal about yourself.  Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS!  Ya gotta live day-by-day, and it slowly but surely gets easier.  Just hold-fast.

It's true age does make a difference. It's certainly not the case that you're 'too young to understand', your feelings are every bit as real as anyone else's adn I'd defintely say that late teens to early twenties are probably the most difficult times in most people's lives. It smore a case that a bot of expericence of life's lumps and bumps helps to cultivate a more philosophical atitude Smiley

Having said that I'm not a fundamentally different person to when I was 17 or 18 and to be perfectly honest there are no secrets that you get told as you get older, experience helps but there's also a massive slice of luck involved. You don;t get any mre clever as you get older but statistically your good and bad decisions tend to average out so you seema bit wiser.

But you never make the same mistake twice, a dozen or so time is a much better estimate, after that the message either  starts to sink in or it starts to qualify as a 'quirk' rather than an error Smiley

CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1161 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:39 am »

It's funny.
I just heard my Grandad ask "what's up with her?" (after I left the room with tears more or less streaming down my cheeks) and my Gran answered "she's going through her first proper heart break".
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1162 on: December 02, 2009, 12:58:33 am »

I don't blame him for what he did.
I don't hate him, either.
I suppose it had to happen at some point....

Thats's the right attitude Smiley it doesn;t help right now but it will in the long run Smiley
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1163 on: December 02, 2009, 01:18:20 am »

Narsil:  You have a good deal of sound advice.  Truth is truth!

I am somewhat surprised that you don't feel like a fundamentally different person than you were at 17!  I feel I'm a fundamentally different person than I was at 24, and looking at my actions from when I was seventeen is like looking at the actions of a completely different person, rife with the 'if only I had known then what I know now' sentiment.
I feel I had very little idea of who I really was back then...and I suppose it's a journey, but I have an understanding of myself hammered down to a profoundly greater degree here thirteen years later.

And although on the surface you're right, no one teaches you 'secrets' as you grow older, I'd have to ultimately disagree.  They might not spell it out for you, but there are a great number of instances where an elder gifted unto me some sage advice that only as I grew older did I have the experience and wisdom to understand.  In other words, your elders can and do teach you the secrets of wisdom as you age, it's just subtle.
And of course, if you're reasonably self-aware, you teach yourself a lot of secrets, if you pay attention.

Most importantly, I would like to humbly thank you for reminding me to watch my words regarding the young, so as to avoid invalidating the very real and very passionate feelings of youth.

Boy, am I glad that's over, actually.

Cordelia, I don't envy you, and I'm very sorry you're suffering so much at the moment.  Try to keep your chin up, you'll do just fine.  I don't know you very well, but I'm quite confident you'll pull through, and it's often true that, as Nietzsche said:  "That which doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger".
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #1164 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:28 am »

Vagabond,
I have been telling myself that since I was 7 years old.
It helps, at times, but with what I've been going through, it's sometimes difficult to convince yourself that by holding on, you'll pull through, no matter what.
Thank you, all of you, for your kind words.
And please, don't hunt my ex boyfriend down in your zeppelins and shoot him down.  Cheesy
He's done nothing wrong.
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1165 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:11 am »

Narsil:  You have a good deal of sound advice.  Truth is truth!

I am somewhat surprised that you don't feel like a fundamentally different person than you were at 17!  I feel I'm a fundamentally different person than I was at 24, and looking at my actions from when I was seventeen is like looking at the actions of a completely different person, rife with the 'if only I had known then what I know now' sentiment.
I feel I had very little idea of who I really was back then...and I suppose it's a journey, but I have an understanding of myself hammered down to a profoundly greater degree here thirteen years later.

And although on the surface you're right, no one teaches you 'secrets' as you grow older, I'd have to ultimately disagree.  They might not spell it out for you, but there are a great number of instances where an elder gifted unto me some sage advice that only as I grew older did I have the experience and wisdom to understand.  In other words, your elders can and do teach you the secrets of wisdom as you age, it's just subtle.
And of course, if you're reasonably self-aware, you teach yourself a lot of secrets, if you pay attention.

Most importantly, I would like to humbly thank you for reminding me to watch my words regarding the young, so as to avoid invalidating the very real and very passionate feelings of youth.

Boy, am I glad that's over, actually.

Cordelia, I don't envy you, and I'm very sorry you're suffering so much at the moment.  Try to keep your chin up, you'll do just fine.  I don't know you very well, but I'm quite confident you'll pull through, and it's often true that, as Nietzsche said:  "That which doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger".

Yeah it comes down to my definition of 'fundamentally different' in this context.

For sure I've learned a massive amount snce I was 17 and there haev been several 'defining moments' but what I was saying is that I haev some very vivid memories from that age and I still relate to them in more or less the same way. Admittedly I'm talking about the context of relatonships where, if we're really honest we never really grow up.

I think that a lot of life is about getting to grips with your identity as a human and we're al a lot more similar than we might think, After all we still reconginse the same basic virtutes which have been recoreded throughout the history of human literature, whether its Achilles in the Illiad, Sherlock Holmes or Harry Potter and its just a question of realising them within ourselves.
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1166 on: December 02, 2009, 02:05:16 am »

Narsil:

to your second paragraph:  Spot on.  Jungian archetypes, Joseph Campbell's books, all that.  I'm with ya.

But to the first:  ...nah, still have to disagree (although perhaps, as you say, it could be that I'm not being honest with myself!  Ha!), for I do believe that because of time, introspection, and experience; because of better understanding myself, my needs and wants, my nature, and a progressively more insightful empathy for my partners in the context of relationships, I've grown immeasurably in the context of relationships.  In fact, almost to the degree of role-reversal.  From a self-centered, demanding, nervous, easily frustrated, short-tempered teenage boyfriend (go figure) I've grown to be the one in the relationship who's always patient, always suggesting compromise, always understanding and always supportive...but also the one who's most willing to admit 'this ain't gonna work'.
And I think this is just part of becoming an adult.

Well, that's makes it sound like I'm better than I actually am.  I'm just some dude giving it his best shot and I'm flawed and fallible like anyone, but my point remains.
Count Alexander
Snr. Officer

Traditionally crazy...

« Reply #1167 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:02 am »

Narsil:

to your second paragraph:  Spot on.  Jungian archetypes, Joseph Campbell's books, all that.  I'm with ya.

But to the first:  ...nah, still have to disagree (although perhaps, as you say, it could be that I'm not being honest with myself!  Ha!), for I do believe that because of time, introspection, and experience; because of better understanding myself, my needs and wants, my nature, and a progressively more insightful empathy for my partners in the context of relationships, I've grown immeasurably in the context of relationships.  In fact, almost to the degree of role-reversal.  From a self-centered, demanding, nervous, easily frustrated, short-tempered teenage boyfriend (go figure) I've grown to be the one in the relationship who's always patient, always suggesting compromise, always understanding and always supportive...but also the one who's most willing to admit 'this ain't gonna work'.

Well, that's makes it sound like I'm better than I actually am.  I'm just some dude giving it his best shot and I'm flawed and fallible like anyone, but my point remains.

And he has a dashing hat...

"I don't think anyone's gonna buy a few dozen counts of self-defense with a sub-machine gun."
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1168 on: December 02, 2009, 02:16:40 am »

Narsil:

Yeah I'd agree with that,. I think its probably a case of it being an imensely complex situation where there is no definititlyly right answer. I certainly wouldn't claim to undertand the human condition and when two umans are intimately entwined who can possible claim to underastnd what the hell is going on Smiley

I suspec thay the truth is that we're the sme but different. Perhaps what I'm saying is that we approach the same problem from a different perspective,

S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #1169 on: December 03, 2009, 03:20:04 am »

So back on subject of single steampunks.  I had an idea.

If we can manage to find a steampunk convention that's not on Halloween.  I may possibly be able to convince the other admins to let me host a Brass Goggles Bachelor/Bachelorette auction.   The proceeds we would of course donate to some steamy cause.

This would, if only for a night, reduce the number of single Steampunks at the convention and probably be a great deal of fun.  What do you guys think?

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #1170 on: December 04, 2009, 01:54:54 am »

Love the engineers guide to cat yodeling! Tongue Back on track about the singles auctioning...I have questions though, where would this be held, and when? Cheesy Anyhow, whenever this takes place...hopefully by then, I won't have to participate, and will have engaged in a relationship by then! Tongue but something tells me I doubt it so I'll continue on Tongue Anyhow, If it's alright with everyone, I have a singleton story to tell.

The following tale is of a true account, that happened to me, at 6:30 est, on the 29th of November, 2009. To begin with, last Sunday past, I was driving down to visit my Mother and get together with family to celebrate our birthdays with brunch. I took the usual back road that I normally take, for I get dead nervous driving on the highway, so I take a slower route. Anyhow, as I was leisurely taking my time, and noticed ahead of me down the road, that a car was parked in the middle of the route with their hazard lights on. I figured an accident had happened. There was another car in front of me, and we both slowed down, to drive on past. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two young men waving at our cars. The driver in front of me, kept on going, where as I, decided to stop and see if these fine young men needed some help. Sure enough they did. The older fella, in his late 20's, came over to ask me if I had a mobile phone, and I said I did. He asked if the younger gentlemen could use it, for he had an incident with his car. I stepped out of my vehicle, and noticed that the younger gentleman's car had veered off from the road, onto this other section of the road, and that he had smashed the car's front end off. (Dude had been drinking, and fell asleep at the wheel and smashed up his front end...very VERY lucky guy he didn't get injured or nailed by the cops!) The older 20 something gentleman, told me that he had been tailing the younger fella for about 5 minutes, and watched him swaying in and out of the lane, and then *boom* he drove right into the middle meridian, drove through it, took off the front end of his car, and his car came to a stop in this other area of a parallel road. Anyhow, the older 20 something gentleman, said that the battery in his mobile phone had died, and they both had been trying to flag down a passing car, to use someone else's mobile, that mobile being mine Cheesy

The older 20 something man, said I was the only one out of several passerbys, who had stopped. As the three of us stood around and looked at the damaged car, the older 20 something gentle man and I seemed to "click", which was lovely! When the younger gentleman was done using my phone, the older fella mentioned to me, that it was such a lovely gesture for me to have stopped and helped this poor kid out, that he would like to treat me to a tea or a coffee, at a coffee shop that was 5 minutes away from where we where standing. I obliged, and off he and I went in our separate cars to the coffee shop. Whilst we where there, we were engaging in a delightful conversation. We where clicking quite nice, exchanged phone numbers, email addresses....and *bites her hand* as we where chatting, he grabbed my hand and commented on how cold my fingers were. We continued to play with eachother's hands and it was a rather comfortable and surreal experience! LOL! He asked me if I had a boyfriend, of course I said no, and I asked him if he had a girlfriend, he said No *WEEEEEEE!* and we continued to chat for another 20 minutes or so.

Anyhow, time was pressing on and I had to get going, for I had to be at my Mother's house. We walked out to our cars in the parking lot, and he asked if he could give me a good bye hug, and I said of course! Our hug was a lingering one, and I put my head back to speak to him, and and all of a sudden (I KID YOU NOT!) we started to kiss! *screams!* Lingering kisses with a complete stranger! LMAO! It was the most surrealist experience I have ever endured! This "situation" happened out of the blue...was not expected what so ever...who in hell would of known this would of happened by just me helping out?! Needless to say, I have not spoke to the man in question since last Sunday...personally, I have been busy these last few days, since that day, but I have as of today, I decided to take the initiative and call him. No answer, but I left a voice message on his mobile, and I so hope he calls me back! *ARGGH!* Wish me luck my fellow steampunk singletons! I so had to share this bizarre but wickedly cool story...I know it so sounds made up, but believe me, this seriously happened, and I so hope, that this gentleman can get beyond the awkwardness and surrealistic engagement that we both experienced last Sunday, and that calls me back, for he was damned cute and a darn good kisser! Tongue

"She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld and has the right dynamics for the new frontier"
TribalWren
« Reply #1171 on: December 04, 2009, 06:03:16 pm »

So...in a vague and possibly ineffectual attempt to steer the thread back to what it once was  Grin, I thought I'd share that I went on a 'sort-of-date' last night. It was....interesting. The guy was incredibly sweet but when he said that he had gone into the teaching profession because 'he felt God had called him to', I kinda began to panic a little bit  Lips sealed. By the end of the evening I felt as though I was corrupting him just by being there and decided that any future prescence would probably result in some form of longterm mental scarring for him.....

So, I moved on to another bar to meet up with some girls, drink copious amounts of alcohol and spend the rest of the evening with a bunch of Russian fishermen.

I suppose it *is* nice to get out once in a while...
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #1172 on: December 04, 2009, 07:25:53 pm »

Ahw, shucks, CorneliaCarton.  Thanks, but it ain't so bad as all that.  Its been a tad over a month now, so I'm pretty much over it -- funny how quickly you can get over a break up when you're still married!  Cheesy  And yes, she knew about the whole thing from before it started, I'm an ethical slut not a cheating scumbag.  Sometimes, poly is its own kind of weirdness -- both me and my now-ex were crying on my wife's shoulders!  Shocked Cry Shocked  Besides, I've got no ill will towards her.  She found something that was going to fulfill more of her needs, and the two relationships were not compatible.  Honestly, I can't think of any other "good" way for the relationship to have ended. 

Everyone grew in a positive direction from the experience.  I can think of no better description of a successful relationship.

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #1173 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:34 pm »

Not to mention I'm diseased...I have woMAN flu.

OK, I gotta as, what's woMAN flu?  Hadn't heard that one before.

I'm gonna start squattin' in here, 'cause my girl friend done dumped me.  Cry

Welcome in Utini, I'm sorry to hear that you've joined the singletons.

As for wo'MAN', or more commonly known as, Man' flu is a pretending to be ill by over dramatising the illness, and I've actually met far more women who exaggerate their illness than men. When I lived in a flat with a female friend (former girlfriend who is now a friend) she used to be off work every other week with 'illness', I'd do the cooking & tidying up when she was ill, even though at times she was exaggerating the illness for attention (I was, and probably still am, too kind hearted to not help her out when she was ill).

I once had a headache for 2 days, a pounding throb at the back of my head, my throat was swollen, and my mouth tasted nasty. So I went to work on the Tuesday, did my shift and went to the hospital in case I'd gone down with something serious that needed urgent attention. Turns out I had pus leaking out of my tonsils, which coupled with my headaches & swollen throat apparently meant I had tonsilitus. So they gave me antibiotics, and when I got home from the hospital, all cheery now I knew what the problem was and had something to help sort it out, told my flatmate and she refused to believe there was anything wrong with me, I was just putting it on and acting like a baby. She didn't help me at all (not that I really needed any help, even if I'm under the weather I can still cook & clean for myself), but kept whining and moaning at me that I was lieing about being ill, that I was putting it all on until I lost my temper and she ran away saying "I don't want to talk about it anymore" and shut the living room door, so I gave her a piece of my mind verbally through the door and had an early night.

So yes...I get annoyed whenever accusations of 'man' flu' start flying around  Angry

Smiley

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #1174 on: December 04, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »

OK, I thought it might be some ailment contracted by the prolonged desire for women, or extended exposure to them, or simply not being able to get them out of your head, or possibly something to do with lesbianism.  I was getting worried there for a second, glad to know my symptoms do not appear to place me in danger of that particular ailment.   Wink
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: