The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2019, 05:46:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Steampunks?  (Read 335166 times)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1125 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:14 pm »

I was talking to the closest of my lady friends on facebook last night and physically couldn't bring myself to tell her how I feel about her.   Sad  I don't think it's because I fear rejection (I've told her I like her in the past and she hasn't immediately turned around and shot me down in flames), but I think it's more because I enjoy having her as a friend and think that if it went further the very warm friendship we already have would be lost amidst the seriousness relationships tend to have.       

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #1126 on: November 05, 2009, 04:34:30 pm »

I was talking to the closest of my lady friends on facebook last night and physically couldn't bring myself to tell her how I feel about her.   Sad  I don't think it's because I fear rejection (I've told her I like her in the past and she hasn't immediately turned around and shot me down in flames), but I think it's more because I enjoy having her as a friend and think that if it went further the very warm friendship we already have would be lost amidst the seriousness relationships tend to have.       

In all seriousness, my advice to you would be to think bloody carefully about this. I made the same mistake you might, once upon a time. I met this great girl in college, two years ago. Smart, funny, everything. Being younger, and quite reckless, I asked her out a few times. I rushed the whole thing. Didn't even stop to think. She was a great friend, the best. Once things started getting serious, everything went downhill. It did not end well for either party, and to this day, I still haven't seen her. Do not risk a great friendship by forcing it to become something it can't be. I learned that the hard way.

My advice: think what you have to gain, and what you could lose. If you push it, you could lose a friend, but you could also end up with a strong, satisfying relationship. If you don't, then you still have a great friend. I think you may have to talk to her, in the strictest confidence, of course, and find out what she wants.

Either way, I wish you luck.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1127 on: November 05, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »

In all seriousness, my advice to you would be to think bloody carefully about this. I made the same mistake you might, once upon a time. I met this great girl in college, two years ago. Smart, funny, everything. Being younger, and quite reckless, I asked her out a few times. I rushed the whole thing. Didn't even stop to think. She was a great friend, the best. Once things started getting serious, everything went downhill. It did not end well for either party, and to this day, I still haven't seen her. Do not risk a great friendship by forcing it to become something it can't be. I learned that the hard way.

My advice: think what you have to gain, and what you could lose. If you push it, you could lose a friend, but you could also end up with a strong, satisfying relationship. If you don't, then you still have a great friend. I think you may have to talk to her, in the strictest confidence, of course, and find out what she wants.

That's great advice, thank you  Smiley  I'm not one to rush things and even less likely to try to 'force' the issue with her having seen first hand the chaos that ensued when my brother rushed into a relationship.  As I say, we have a great friendship anyway so all I can see that we'd get out of taking it further would be more intimate contact, more to argue about (not that we argue at the moment) and discussions of a more serious nature than what we had last night.  The fun which is an integral part of our friendship would, I fear, diminsh or even be lost completely.  She is a great person and I feel I could, indeed would, quite happily spend the rest of my life with her (cliched I know), but then I think that if we were to try to formalise any relationship we may have we could ruin the whole thing.  I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that it's easier simply being friends with a girl than having her as a girlfriend  Cheesy       
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #1128 on: November 05, 2009, 05:15:19 pm »

I always thought cards were so impersonal...  And I rather enjoy being extravagant :/

But we'll see what I can do on the card front.  Huzzah, an opportunity to fix my poor penmanship...

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
Burr
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

My bark is worse then my bite

« Reply #1129 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:22 pm »

I always thought cards were so impersonal...  And I rather enjoy being extravagant :/

But we'll see what I can do on the card front.  Huzzah, an opportunity to fix my poor penmanship...

A card is not impersonal if you write a nice message in it. A handwritten letter or message can be very personal and touching. Especially in this age of emails. The excellent suggestion by Ryu to make or personalise the card yourself would go some way to suiting your desires.

Extravagant can be okay at times, but if done wrong it can seem intimidating or to be rushing things and pressuring them. You've got to gauge the right time for these things. Don't go shopping for a diamond ring to give on the first date. Plus, some women hate flowers from men as they are reminders of times men have done something wrong and they always give flowers to say sorry (this varies from person to person). Worth finding out that too.
Narsil
Immortal

« Reply #1130 on: November 05, 2009, 06:38:58 pm »

That's great advice, thank you  Smiley  I'm not one to rush things and even less likely to try to 'force' the issue with her having seen first hand the chaos that ensued when my brother rushed into a relationship.  As I say, we have a great friendship anyway so all I can see that we'd get out of taking it further would be more intimate contact, more to argue about (not that we argue at the moment) and discussions of a more serious nature than what we had last night.  The fun which is an integral part of our friendship would, I fear, diminsh or even be lost completely.  She is a great person and I feel I could, indeed would, quite happily spend the rest of my life with her (cliched I know), but then I think that if we were to try to formalise any relationship we may have we could ruin the whole thing.  I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that it's easier simply being friends with a girl than having her as a girlfriend  Cheesy       

It's certainly a dilemma. My view is that if she really is a good friend she won't be too perturbed by you at least laying your cards on the table, even if you say nothing theres a risk that it will casue tension which could boil over at some point. I think that ultimately ou have to go with your instincts, If you feel very strongly about it then broach the subject at the right moment and in a non-confrontational way. 

If you do nothing there's  danger that it will strain the friendship and end up making you miss other opportunities. I'v ebeen there and its not fun. If she doen't understand that then you;re not missing much either way.

A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress.
Lord Byron
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #1131 on: November 05, 2009, 06:49:22 pm »

I've had messy situations getting attached to friends. Unfortunately there's a vast gulf between being a good friend and a lover and it's very, very hard to jump across.

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #1132 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:30 pm »

Do not
Microwave the jam
It becomes napalm
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #1133 on: November 10, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »

Still single: Actually, I'm celibate. It's my choice.

(It's my second choice... Cheesy)

I've been alone most of my life, family excepted. I'm not sure how I'd cope, being back in a relationship  Undecided.

In response to previous posts about the constant pressure to behave like 'everyone else' in regards to marriage and children, does it annoy anyone else here how many products are marketed as though they will make you more successful with members of the opposite sex? Or improve your standing in an 'normal' relationship?

I totally understand where your coming from Gareth, I too am celibate by choice, and have been single most of my life. If I was to get involved in a long term relationship, be it marriage to someone (god help them, or god help me!) I would annoyed, given the fact, I would then have to share a bed with someone! Tongue  With regards to your comment about the pressures put on by others for you to be like "everyone else" and get married, have kids...I am so dreading, going home to visit a good girlfriend next weekend, who's Mother is constantly niggling and pestering me about what are my reasons, as to why I haven't met a man yet, and she "reminds me" that my biological clock, is now beyond ticking, and that basically, I'm a waste of space amongst the human population, given I haven't produced off spring *wretches* I am at the point of my life now, where I just want to find a cute kitty cat and make my d.i.y projects and write this bloody story I keep fending off! As for my ex bf who keeps texting me, I thought at first, "hm..maybe he has changed" but, um...no. Anyhow, I really do not think, there is a human male out there in existance, that could or want to put up with me, and possibly vice versa from my end.

"She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld and has the right dynamics for the new frontier"
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1134 on: November 11, 2009, 04:47:55 am »

A lot of people seem like they're struggling to find someone!  This is for y'all, for what it's worth.

I'm currently single, but in my thirty years I've been QUITE successful with the opposite sex (well, I can get them easy, but to my sometime embarassment, I don't often wish to keep them very long).  Not trying to be immodest, just think I have some advice for some of you all.  And maybe I don't know anything.  I can't speak for everyone.  But here's what works and has worked very well for me.

Confidence wins.  This is your best tool.  Always.

Being in good shape wins.

Taking time to make yourself presentable wins. (all of y'all got that one)

But these last two aren't the most important things.

Break the ice.  Just go up and introduce yourself.  Yeah, it's scary, but pick-up lines and stuff?  ...Well, just go up and introduce yourself.  Then probably ask a them a question about themselves to start a conversation.

Play the numbers.  Being picky seems like it makes sense, but often you just have to play the field and really get to know a number of people *well* before you find one who's right for you.  You gotta go out, meet lots of people, and start building friendships first.  People will surprise you.  Don't judge books by their covers.  I know this is difficult, especially for guys, but really, often the gift is better than the packaging (and often the reverse is also true, but not always, of course).

Fear of rejection benefits you nothing.  Maybe you'll get rejected 10 times for every 1 time you find success.  So go meet 100 people, and you'll have ten to choose from.  That's just simple mathematics.  So it helps if you go places where there are a lot of people, especially if it's a group of people who have interests in common with you.

Starting with friendship is best.  Let things flow naturally from there.

Wear your heart on your sleeve.  Be upfront about your intentions.  Secret crushes and elaborate rituals of deception don't have high success rates.  It's just about honesty, and avoiding all of those 'lies of omission' that unnecessarily complicate things.  For the most part folks aren't gonna hold honesty against you.

Be more interested about learning more about them than you are interested in talking about yourself.  Which should have something to do with being genuine, if you really ARE interested in someone.  And if there's ever a break in conversation and you don't know what to say, well, ask them about themselves.

Oh, I don't know, this sounds like self-help book and maybe it won't help, but hey!  I do alright.  I started out a real shy and lonely kid, too.

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #1135 on: November 11, 2009, 08:40:01 pm »

Chivalry is officially dead. I've just come back from a date where I  had to open my own door and buy and fetch my own damn tea! The next feminist I see I'm going to shoot. I did however score a point by knowing the offside rule. Such a pity as tall, dark and slightly goofy is my type plus he likes opera  Sad

whatcha think should I persue with him

About the offside rule:

I suppose you speak of the gentleman taking the side closest to the street?
Ha!  I wish it were so easy!

Taking the street side is a later development in etiquette...when sewage flowed through gutters between the street and the sidewalk, a gentleman used himself as a buffer zone between the lady and the flow of offal.

However, the older rule was that the gentleman always walked on the *left* side of the lady.  There's a saying "a lady on the left is no lady at all".  The gentleman walked on the left because he carried his sword on his left side, and if he were to be forced to draw it in the lady's defense, she should be on his right so that she wasn't accidentally cut by the sword as it was being drawn.

Now for awhile in European cities, the rules co-existed, for many sidewalks were so narrow that perhaps no more than two could walk abreast on them, and the sidewalk on one side of the street was for walking in one direction, while the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street was exclusively for walking the opposite direction.

However, in modern cities with wider sidewalks, folks walk down it in both directions and can walk many abreast.  So a gentleman has to decide for himself which of the rules of etiquette he prefers.

Now, because there is no raw sewage flowing through gutters in my city streets and I am a practicing swordsman (even if I don't carry one normally, of course), I prefer to simply always take the left side of a lady.

So all of you ladies out there:  Don't let us fellows be damned if do and damned if we don't! 

The damned-either-way conundrum is a big part of the 'death of chivalry'.  If a man opens a door for a woman, sometimes he's a gentleman, sometimes he's a chauvinist, depending on the opinion of the woman for whom the door was opened, for instance.

So to all ye gentlemen:  Just seek to act with pure intentions, and forgive both the 'ladies' and the 'modern progressive (feminist) women' for the unfortunate modern cultural situation that puts us all in such an awkward position.
Burr
Snr. Officer

My bark is worse then my bite

« Reply #1136 on: November 11, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »

I hold the door open for men and women. I don't see why some poor random bloke deserves a door in his face either. Good manners can be extended to men and women.

Now that is equality! If you get the vote then you don't get special treatment any more. This is what previous generations of women have been working towards, apparently. Congratulations. The ladies can buy the gentlemen flowers and chocolates for a change. Enjoy the fruits of your labours. Tongue

Ha!  Here's a funny role-reversal regarding what I said earlier!  Please, my good man, although I know your intentions are pure, do not open any doors for me until we've been chums for a good few years!  I am a grown man and would prefer open doors for myself, and would be slightly off-put by a strange man holding doors for me!

Ah, but the doors I am thinking of are those ones that slam in your face because they have springs so powerful that the door will crush cars if anyone allows it to gets up speed. I have genuinely seen some people hurt by inconsiderate people letting them slam shut. They are installed in some doors because of the winds getting up at times. I'm not talking about whipping my coat off and laying in the puddle for you, just a little consideration for others so that I don't inconvenience (or hurt) them without having to go out of my way to be a crawling git. You won't get me pulling your chair out for you unless you've really charmed me indeed. Not happening out of the blue anyway. Wink

Another thing, I remember one couple I knew having an argument because the wife wanted the husband to buy her more gifts and do more romantic things, etc. But she was the one with the well paid job and he mostly looked after the kids at home! Why doesn't she buy things or do the romantic gestures? I think these cases tend to be the ones that give everyone else a bad name (the ones that RoseOak wanted to slap). These changes are why it is so awkward for men at times or frustrating for women.

I still want chocolates though. Who doesn't like chocolate? They are few and far between. I'll swap the flowers for a steak dinner though, if I can. Even if flowers can be nice at times.
WickedPenguin
Snr. Officer

Exploring "What if?" stories in music and words.

« Reply #1137 on: November 12, 2009, 03:34:13 am »

I almost put this post in the "Gaaahhh" thread, but decided on this one because it's topical.

Why on EARTH would a girl spend an hour flirting with me...

I had a similar case back in college. A very, very cute girl Brazilian girl  - why is it always the cute ones in these stories? - was flirting with me for a while. We talked on the phone a lot. She'd come by our school music studio, and she'd sit on my lap as I taught her to play some guitar (still have a photo of this somewhere...). We'd hang out together for hours in and outside of school - mall, movies, dinner, whatever. I mean, everything about her said, "I'm available."

And when I made the move, of course, down comes the ironclad door with BOYFRIEND written across it in the blood of fallen men. And she was shocked - shocked, I tell you! - that I'd misinterpreted her intentions. I was pissed. I told her off and I never spoke to her again. Even when we passed each other on campus, it was as if a vacuum existed where she stood. I refused to waste any more time.

Maybe girls do this so they can feel "they've still got it" - especially if they've been with that other guy for a while and maybe the honeymoon period is over. But for whatever reason, it can come across as cruel and disingenuous.

Athena
« Reply #1138 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:08 am »

Maybe girls do this so they can feel "they've still got it" - especially if they've been with that other guy for a while and maybe the honeymoon period is over. But for whatever reason, it can come across as cruel and disingenuous.

Yes, and it doesn't feel any better when the female is on the receiving end. Case in point: about...I guess March or April of this year I started talking to someone I haven't spoken to in years, and everything about him said he was available...we talked for hours on end, flirted, etc. Anyways, he pops up with a girlfriend. It felt like someone had punched me in the sternum, that's how shocked I was. Of course, then I had the opportunity to chew him out for a friend of mine.  Grin It was great.
GideonFaile
Snr. Officer

Mothers, hide your children.

GideonFaile
« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2009, 04:17:40 am »

Men who make good pillows aren't all that expensive!
Myself, I have people fall asleep on me when on long bus rides (planned trips; people I know. A stranger has only fallen asleep on me... okay, twice).

I prefer not to think that I'm a tad overweight, but rather that I have padding so I make a comfy pillow.

If anyone remembers and is interested, my situation in attempting to revoke my own membership to this thread is Eh. The young lady in mind gets very evasive when I mention the two of us doing anything like hanging out, working on a project, etc. (without one or two other friends included, at least.)

She's all-fire for group stuff, though. I was going to take her antiquing, this weekend (she's never been; it's blasphemy!), and she jumped to invite another friend of ours; I've no problem with this, but she's that kind of jumpy whenever I suggest the aforementioned things. I'm going to end up talking this through with her over Facebook or some such, when I'd really prefer to do so in person.

This may be a long wait for a train that don't come, but I'm not exactly versed in the Ways (The serious girlfriends I've had have all been long-distance). I'm wondering if I should chalk this up as a Fail, settle into being Just Friends, and move on. Of course, I could be paranoid.

I am Plagued by Uncertainty.

"Won't you come back again? I miss the sound of footsteps as we danced amidst the stars and the light of a dawn approaching too quickly reflected in our eyes."
GideonFaile
Snr. Officer

GideonFaile
« Reply #1140 on: November 12, 2009, 05:44:10 am »

I just got over a almost 3 year relationship, and ive lost all my charm and wit!!!

M'lady, I'm almost sure that you're mistaken!

One does not lose their charm and wit; they simply become rusty in their practise!
The last relationship I could consider serious lasted for two years, and I only ever actually got to see the other person four times. This was swiftly followed by a Failure in Chemistry, a Failure in Sanity (Girl was crazy; she bit my leg and tried to lick the blood), and just a Failure on my part. I would actually consider any charm and wit I may have had to be specialised through practice, as it were, towards long-distance. I am, thus, lost in a local relationship.

You are not alone in thinking that your qualities have been dulled! We simply must power through't, quote-fail or no quote-fail!

Count Alexanader - I'm most grateful for the advice (if it was intended for me), your grace! However, she still seems somewhat hesitant to agree to a get-together betwixt the two of us that does not also include one or two other friends; this could make things difficult and awkward. I think I may have frightened her by using this phrase(roughly):

"We should get you some fresh air, at some point. You said you liked walking on the nature path in the park? We could do that, if you like; I've Things to discuss with you, anyway!"

I think it may have been the capitalising of "things" that spooked her...

(And see, Mizz Bird? You can quote perfectly well!)
Count Alexander
Snr. Officer

Traditionally crazy...

« Reply #1141 on: November 12, 2009, 06:08:27 am »

Sorry miss bird, I was talking to Gideon...

See the problem is, you just got to be like, "Hey, wanna grab a cup of coffee or something?" You gots to work small, heck throw the dinner date out and go for some Chinese or something =D. You don't have to be pursuing her right away, ease her back into the state of being comfortable between just the two of you...most importantly RELAX!!!!!!!!!  Cool

"I don't think anyone's gonna buy a few dozen counts of self-defense with a sub-machine gun."
GideonFaile
Snr. Officer

GideonFaile
« Reply #1142 on: November 12, 2009, 06:16:26 am »

Your Grace, I may just try that; I think the trick may be catching her when she hasn't a viable excuse.  Wink
No Chinese food, though; she's half-Chinese, and she's sick of the cuisine.

I think she may also have caught on to the fact that I might be having More-Than-Friends feelings for her; she's sharper than a diamond-edged scalpel, and more clever than a fox, to boot.

If she continues to avoid, I'll belatedly Take the Hint and leave off on that pursuit; a valuable quality, I think, is knowing when to back up.
theladyofshalott
« Reply #1143 on: November 20, 2009, 06:34:25 am »

What? I'm busy watching someone's face get electrocuted in time to music. Cheesy

Oddly enough that sounds like something that would be pretty interesting to watch. Got a link?

Oh, and we need the teleportation device. Please. Pretty please, with sugar on top.  Kiss

electric stimulus to face -test3 ( Daito Manabe )

HA- I know what that feels like. I myself have endured about 2-3 years of electroshock therapies straight to try an reactivate/stimulate the growth of a chronically atrophied quadricep... Interesting, but after the first few months, painful, then it dulls away into a numbing sensation, and waves in and out of a sting after a while.

AND- teleporters aren't so nuts. (What is nuts is the web browser dictionary doesn't consider "teleporter" a word- and this, indeed would help the efforts of a single steampunk to not be so particularly single) I have reason to believe that in the way they can tell there are alternate dimensions through our atomic being, as a sub atomic partical, what I think might be an electron, while in it's revolving status actually disappears in time- to transport, on would have to work within some sort of time shift, a dimension jump, no?

WHICH brings me to my "Hey, I am single" add. Wink

Hi, I am Amanda, aka, theladyofshalott
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am odd, ambitious and rather curious *raises eyebrow- the Spock way*

I sing operatically, I write poetically and theorize scientifically. I am obsessed with paranormal investigation, rocks and foreign languages. I am a nerd, formerly teachers pet who became reclusive, started speaking too much about crazy theories about microorganisms and the psychology of Edgar Allan Poe. I made quite a mess as the former v.p. of debate being nuts and nerdy. ^^ I also am a particular bookworm.

I also like to try new things and travel. I hope to become a polymath, but who knows? I am intensely over interested in the technology being pursued with brain and body enhancement to live forever, store memory better and enhance knowledge and awareness. I knit, cook and draw dead things, isn't that lovely?

I often get off on tangents and ramble, as some know... Wink But all in all, moving beyond the rather rotten last relationship I was in, i am being positive, and put my crazy self out there. *waves* Hello! Mind if I crawl out of the cave I was hiding in?

I almost went to school to become a surgeon, but conventions kicked me out, and now I am a scientific mad-hatter with an artistic edge, and a tongue that enjoys the taste of Romantic and Slavic languages. I am a Neo-Romanticist, a transcendentalist and a good cook, rather obscure at times, random but I would think kind of likable... Smiley

The end. ^^
TribalWren
« Reply #1144 on: November 29, 2009, 04:58:57 pm »

Greetings! I have been lurking on this forum for a while and reading this thread has been one of my secret past-times! The drama, the tension!  Smiley I have avoided posting here thus far as I *hate* the idea of anything even vaguely resembling a Lonely Hearts ad, therefore I thought I'd ask if one might participate even if they're not 'actively' looking for their other half?!

I split from my fiance about 6months ago and am still trying to get used to single life. Been feeling pretty isolated (all of my friends appear to be connected to TE (The Ex) in some way) and just hoping to make some new friends.  Undecided
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #1145 on: November 29, 2009, 05:05:52 pm »

Greetings! I have been lurking on this forum for a while and reading this thread has been one of my secret past-times! The drama, the tension!  Smiley I have avoided posting here thus far as I *hate* the idea of anything even vaguely resembling a Lonely Hearts ad, therefore I thought I'd ask if one might participate even if they're not 'actively' looking for their other half?!

I split from my fiance about 6months ago and am still trying to get used to single life. Been feeling pretty isolated (all of my friends appear to be connected to TE (The Ex) in some way) and just hoping to make some new friends.  Undecided

I go to college with and share nearly all of my friends with my most recent ex.
We've been taking it in turns to be uncomfortable around each other.
It's annoying because long before we were interested in each other we were close. Oddly we're far less uncomfortable when it's just us on our own.

And yes, I'm not actually looking here. Not yet anyway. I have too much of my own internal unsettledness for now.

Nae king, nae quin, nae laird, nae master! We won't be fooled agin!

I do not suffer fools, fools suffer ME!

"If she be the daughter of fifty kings" Said Father Fitzgibbon "I tell you, you can't marry her, she being a fish."

http://sceyeballkid.deviantart.com/
Dorian Ambrose
« Reply #1146 on: November 29, 2009, 05:14:24 pm »

You shall be most welcome to participate on any level you feel comfortable with  Smiley As I see it, this thread is not so much about finding "the one", as it is about sharing that aspect of one's life.

Welcome aboard  Smiley

BTW:
Completely agree with your signature. Great way to look at life.  
Ulfilias
Snr. Officer

ulfilias
« Reply #1147 on: November 30, 2009, 10:08:10 am »

Welcome delurker. I guess you and the Ex don't get on, or there is still some painful stuff there.....Either way, space and new friends is always a good plan. I always think you can never have too many friends (Although sometimes you do seem to get pulled in dozen different directions).

Spliting with a long time partner is a big thing, painful and sometimes very lonely, however it gives a great chance to take stock of things, discover who you are/who you were and take your life in a fun and interesting direction. *EVERYTHING* is now posible for you !!!

"My clothes will impress you, and my claws will undress you" - The Damned
TribalWren
« Reply #1148 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:04 am »

Welcome delurker. I guess you and the Ex don't get on, or there is still some painful stuff there.....Either way, space and new friends is always a good plan. I always think you can never have too many friends (Although sometimes you do seem to get pulled in dozen different directions).

Spliting with a long time partner is a big thing, painful and sometimes very lonely, however it gives a great chance to take stock of things, discover who you are/who you were and take your life in a fun and interesting direction. *EVERYTHING* is now posible for you !!!

Aww! Thank you for your kindness. I nearly cried when I read what you had written  Embarrassed  In a strange way I seem to be more comfortable with the fact that I'm no longer in a relationship and more upset by the fact that I have lost contact with various people whom I supposed to have been good friends. So far though I have enjoyed the few virtual conversations I've had on the forum so I guess more friends can be made!  Smiley As for my new direction, I'm planning to concentrate more on my dancing. Perhaps  in the near future I may even do some epic travelling....where are good steampunky locations I wonder?!
Ulfilias
Snr. Officer

ulfilias
« Reply #1149 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:44 am »

Aww! Thank you for your kindness. I nearly cried when I read what you had written  Embarrassed  In a strange way I seem to be more comfortable with the fact that I'm no longer in a relationship and more upset by the fact that I have lost contact with various people whom I supposed to have been good friends. So far though I have enjoyed the few virtual conversations I've had on the forum so I guess more friends can be made!  Smiley As for my new direction, I'm planning to concentrate more on my dancing. Perhaps  in the near future I may even do some epic travelling....where are good steampunky locations I wonder?!

I wasn't trying to get you to cry, more focus on the infinite posibilities and the good stuff that can come from a break up. I know as i split a year and a half back. On paper i was in my dream situation. Great Wife, Well paid Job, Own house and it being moulded into something awesome and somehow misserable as sin. The council now want to knock down the house for a road. The downturn in the economy makes the job shakey and i'm single and having the time of my life.......Life can be very wierd at times, but it is that variety that makes it interesting !

Traveling....Ahhh...I also threw myself into that and am all over the country at weekends (London, Leeds, Nottingham, Cambridge, Bedford & Luton are regular haunts) and bits of Europe for the festival season - I doubt i'd have managed the Asylum if i'd not been single !
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: