Author Topic: Las Vegas Steampunk  (Read 14268 times)

Lady Charlotte

• Deck Hand
Re: Las Vegas Steampunk
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 05:29:28 am »
aww I happened to have visited Vegas a few months back.
I was not part of the site yet unfortunately.
I live in Central CA so its a couple hour 6 or so but it would be worth it.
Oh my that hat looks so elegant

Sk1n

• Snr. Officer
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 11:10:49 pm »
Vegas is only 3 and a half hours away, and Calico is only an hour and a half, so I'm up for anything. I might not be dressed up, but I'll sure as hell bring some entertainment, especially if it's in Vegas.

lexmachine

• Deck Hand
  • Navigatrix of the SS Incorrigible
    • lex machina photography
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:56 am »
The ghost town sounds awesome! We're actually driving from LV to LA on Oct 15th or 16th, so we may have to stop and check it out. Unfortunately I'm hoping to be able to make the trip to Steamcon the 23rd-25th

But! If any Vegas [or LA] steamies want to play dress up for me, I'd be ETERNALLY grateful for the opportunity to shoot some of you in your finery.

I don't know if it's because we're all great big bloody dorks or what, but I'm finding that steampunks are horribly camera shy. I promise, you will look nothing short of splendid.

Captain McCannon

• Snr. Officer
  • Trigger-happy Captain of the HMS Ziggurat
    • Abovementioned Venerable Lady-Captain's DeviantART site
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 05:05:27 am »
Probably the only chance I'll get to head up to Calico is during Halloween anyway, so that works perfectly. Is anyone else attending the Halloween event?
"I'm a horrible Captain, why do you think they shoved me on the S.S. Failboat here?"

Tonapah Aberdeen

• Deck Hand
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 08:49:21 pm »
If any events materialize, I would appreciate an invite. I live in Las Vegas. I have been secretly steam-punkish my whole life but until recently, I did not even know that there was a name for what I am. I always described it as "Captain Nemo-ish".
The goal of all inanimate objects is to resist man and ultimately defeat him.

lexmachine

• Deck Hand
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 05:19:41 pm »
There will be at least 2 [4? we're couples, lol] of us at the Ren Fair this Saturday. private msg me and I'll send you my number, you can get in on the hot, hot, text msg meeting up action.

Or you can just look for us and say hi, I somehow doubt we'll be hard to spot. I either have copper red and teal hair, or black dreads with copper red swoop bangs, depending on my mood/the weather that day. Also a fancy nikon camera. Can't miss me.

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2009, 03:36:47 pm »
Now that Halloween is fast approaching, Mr. Griffin and I are available Nov. 1st (sun) to go to Calico Ghost Town's ghost haunt.  We were thinking to meet at Lil's Saloon around noon.

How about we do a preliminary attendance count, to see if Sunday is a good day?

Mr. Griffin and I will be there, can anyone else make it that day?

Lady Wolfstar

lexmachine

• Deck Hand
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »
We might be able to go that day, provided we don't party too hard the night before. ;)

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 07:32:10 am »
Hey Lex!

Mr Griffin and I just wanted to thank you for hanging out with us tonight!  We really had a great time, and look forward to more such evening in the near future!  Don't hesitate to call  :D

Lady Wolfstar

justinkase

• Officer
  • "Putting a monkey wrench in the works since 1878"
    • Justin Kase - Myspace Page
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 01:51:54 pm »
Alas the Ren Faire alluded me this year (damn having to work the weekends). I was really looking forward to meeting some of the Vegas Steampunkers, and Lex.  Oh well I will have to try other gatherings.

As to the Calico event on the 1st, it is still up in the air with me and my family.  I really want to go, but we have two other family trips planned right before and right after halloween.  I will have to see what I can arrange.  I should have a better idea by the end of the week.
My daughter's halloween costume would be perfect to, she wanted to be a Halloween Saloon girl this year.

lexmachine

• Deck Hand
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 04:00:49 pm »
@Lady Wolfstar We had a lovely time! We're very much looking forward to seeing you both again soon.

@Justinkase Hopefully it'll all work out and we'll get to meet sometime before we head out.

Captain McCannon

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 07:35:44 pm »
The event on the 1st should be perfect! How far away from Vegas is Calico, exactly?

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:43 am »
Calico is almost dead center between Vegas and LA.  It's about 2.5 hours from here.

It should be a stunning time!

Lady Wolfstar

Captain McCannon

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 02:05:03 pm »
Fantastic! Around what time do you think we'll all be meeting up?

Cindy P

• Gunner
  • Greetings from Miss Emmaline Pierpont
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:56 am »
Hello Las Vegas steamy folk.  We will be coming to Las Vegas the 4, 5 and 6th of  December and were wondering if any events were planned for that weekend.   If so, please let us know so we can bring the proper attire.

Thanks!   Emmaline
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the things you did.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover."
—— Mark Twain

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 02:12:06 am »
Captain McCannon,

We were hoping everyone would be able to meet up at Lil's Saloon around noonish, on Sunday November 1st (the day after Halloween).  Maybe catch a bite to eat before adventuring off and posing for some spectacular photos!

SO do we have any people who are for sure going to be there?  SO we know who we are waiting for the day of?

Lady Wolfstar

http://www.calicotown.com/events/ghosthaunt/

NewtandAggyChamp

• Deck Hand
  • Ahh always building something.
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:13 am »
We have recently discovered Steampunk and are very eager to get involved. But we have yet to come up with the gear and wears. We heared there will be a gathering in Calico and are intrested in going does anyone know if it is still on for November 1st?

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:23 am »
NewtandAggyChamp,

Mr Griffin and I are still planning to attend.  We were hoping everyone would be able to meet up at Lil's Saloon around noonish, on Sunday November 1st.  We would like catch a bite to eat before adventuring off and posing for some spectacular photos!  There is at least one other family (friends of ours) that will be attending, so the whole event will be fun and child friendly.

We are looking forward to seeing the two of you, and sharing in some steampunk fun.  Mr Griffin and I have only really been aware of "steampunk" for about a year, although we have always liked the Edisonade aesthetic.  If you wish, send me a private message, and I will give you a direct number, so that we may be sure to meet up!

Lady Wolfstar

Kyle1138

• Swab
    • Blurb spot for Kyle
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 08:22:32 pm »
Hey fellow steampunkers, I am Kyle, and I am looking for people who enjoy Steampunk, and Steampunk related RPG's, would anyone be intrested in Joining me?

Thanks
Kyle S
The world runs fine on steam, weather the steam is made from coal or nuclear power, the only problem is that Liberals will lead you to believe both are dirty and hurt the environment - Stupid Liberals, Steam is for conservatives

Kopur

• Deck Hand
  • Navigator of the Late HMS Kalamity
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 10:53:31 pm »
Alas good people I can stop lurking in the dark here.  Ive been into steampunk for a few months now.  I recentenly got back from SteamCon 2009 in Seattle and it was great.  Had a total blast and loved it. 

As for the Calico trip, I would love to go, but would be in need of a ride.  I know its a weird thing to ask someone, as we dont eachother.  But if someone has the room, Id be glad to go. 

Kyle, you here in town or you looking for online RPG?  Id be interested depending on when you play.

Anyways Thanks,
~~Allen~~
Leslie: The steamer is a fast, sporty, attractive automobile...designed for city driving and country picnics.
Hezekiah:You're lucky it didn't blow up on you!
"The Great Race"

techgnosi

• Officer
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 05:55:20 am »
NeonCon is coming up this weekend at the Palace Station.  It's a gaming con, and a small one from the looks of it, but might be something interesting and always an excuse to show off an outfit.

NewtandAggyChamp

• Deck Hand
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 06:30:22 am »
Does anyone have information on how the Calico meet up went. Any pictures or how many people showed up?

ladywolfstar

• Gunner
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 04:21:05 pm »
It was a lovely day!  Mr Griffin and I arrived early, at 10am, on the dot!  We had the pleasure of mingling with other Halloween enthusiasts!  We visited the Haunted mine shaft, the slanted Mystery shack, and took many pictures with people from many different cultures.  We even has the pleasure of meeting a vampire that had developed a sunscreen that allowed him to participate in the adventures of the day!  At the appointed time we had a drink at the saloon, and the respite was welcomed.  We then moved to the Calico restaurant, as the accommodations were more grand.  The day was warm, but the breeze was welcome.  My picture box has run out of power, so as soon as I get it back up and running I will post some photos.

In the future, perhaps the next meet-up will be more accommodating so that we are able to meet those of you who were not able to attend the Halloween festivities.

Lady Wolfstar

NewtandAggyChamp

• Deck Hand
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 02:49:25 am »
Hopefully there will be another Steampunk meet in Vegas a family friendly picnic at a park would be fun.

justinkase

• Officer
  • "Putting a monkey wrench in the works since 1878"
    • Justin Kase - Myspace Page
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 01:34:20 am »
The family and I are going to the Air Show this Saturday Nov 14.

We do not know exact times yet, but it will probably be early.

For those interested it is a free event (no outside food or drink), parking is at the Las Vegas Motor speedway and you have to shuttle into the Base.

The two-day event will depict the history of American aviation and salute the recent accomplishments of America's military in operations around the globe through numerous additional military and civilian ground displays. Approximately 100 aircraft covering everything from the earliest days of aviation to some of the nation's newest military aircraft are scheduled to be on display.

It should be a blast.