The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 02, 2021, 10:50:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mad Scientist Supplies  (Read 2467 times)
T.Taylor the Third
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

A Crazy man

thethirdtea
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:19 am »

okay this may be the wrong spot but I have found an excellent
site online selling glowing powder ( lasts 12 hours from five minute UV charge)
uranium ( yes i did say uranium and it totally legal)
radioactive warning signs
glassware
 a bunch of chemicals (this includes Poisons and such)
Tesla coil and van di graft planes kits and such
sterling engines
x-ray tubes
cloud chamber
uranium glass
aerogel (that superstrong super heat and cold resistant stuff used for the heat shealding on shuttle crafts)
bunsen burners
meteorites
neodymium magnets
and more awesome stuff

i thought I should pass this along
heres the site united nuclear

also I had been looking for small battery powered fog machines for a cheap price
I found it

-“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
Derranged-Gadgeteer
Snr. Officer

Only going to live twice

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:54:56 am »

you sir, have just made my day!!  And tomorrow too!

Everywhere else I look for scientific supplies will only sell to laboratories and schools/universities.

The College I'm going to has a big time ceramics/glasswork division.  In my material sciences classes, I wonder if they'd let me make uranium glass.

Updated as often as practical.  Worth a visit.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »

Someone said elsewhere the site was owned by Bob Lazar. Was he not the one who claimed he worked on alien UFOs for the goverment? He seems to be quite a fraud. I don´t think I would give him money.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Jakoby T Simmeon
Officer

It has a button on it! I want to push it!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:48:05 pm »

Good show! Nice find indeed. Many thanks for sharing.

Adventurer - Contraptionist - Scientist - Slightly Mad
Improbcat
Officer

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:28:29 pm »

Someone said elsewhere the site was owned by Bob Lazar. Was he not the one who claimed he worked on alien UFOs for the goverment? He seems to be quite a fraud. I don´t think I would give him money.

It seems to be his site. My personal opinion though is that if he is honest in what he sells and gives good value for money and proper customer service I could care less what he claims to be.

Get your Mad On!
Mad Scientists Union
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:30:15 pm »

I believe he also lied about his scientific qualifications. I´d think twice before buying a used car from him.
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:39:39 pm »

I believe he also lied about his scientific qualifications. I´d think twice before buying a used car from him.

Or a used space ship....  Cheesy

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
jib27
Gunner

Jugaar

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:30:42 am »

Well another way to get some very good stuff is check to see if any of your state schools (provincial schools elsewhere) have a surplus store. I live in Seattle and the University of Washington has a great surplus store where they sell a lot of old weird lab equipment.
Lurker
Gunner

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:48:19 am »

I've bought quite a few things from his site, and have been happy with every item. While some of his background may or may not be true, but I can testify that United Nuclear does provide a good service for quality products at a fair price.
Kitty
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

BioGadgeteer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »

also I had been looking for small battery powered fog machines for a cheap price
I found it

This is really cool, and so are the fog-circle machines (the Zero Launcher and the mini Zero Blaster).  They could be used for awesome effects!

I have no judgement on the United Nuclear site or its owner, but it looks very interesting!

Let your dreams out of their cages
Every passion and desire
Let your visions be outrageous
Set your fantasies on fire
Tanz der Vampire
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 10:40:45 am »

THANK YOU! I have been looking for stuff from both sites.

Maybe if he makes enough from selling stuff he can stop fabricating nonsense and just concentrate on the business?

phuphuphnik
Officer

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:16 am »

Yeah, the folks at UN are pretty cool. There has been some controversy with the owner there, but nothing that should deter customers. The issues you may hear of on the eatherwebs were/are of professional disputes (i.e. the world of physics, NOT the shop) and personality conflicts. (a buddy of mine is on the other side of one of them, and he buys from UN)

This is one case that I'll put a good word in for someone who has had some bad press. On the 2 or 3 occasions I have had to talk with him at length, he kept the business separate from the UFO stuff. He never even brought it up, even after learning where I work.

The reason I am even posting this is in case there are people who have 'heard things'

Some of the science he dabbles in could be considered 'fringe', but so was Tesla's work.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:42:39 am by phuphuphnik » Logged
peter_max
Deck Hand

Illusionist, Scientific Enigmatist, and Adventurer

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 06:25:18 pm »

Educational Innovations (teachersource.com) is also a great source of Nitinol wire, my Mad Science Material of the Month right now....

"Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools."--Mr. Magorium
Sir Newton Bridges
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:08 pm »

how fun! *begins to think of uses for halloween* bwahahha....

i am living in mine zyrian fantasty
CapnSamwise
Gunner

So there I was, naked.

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 06:19:44 am »

Well another way to get some very good stuff is check to see if any of your state schools (provincial schools elsewhere) have a surplus store. I live in Seattle and the University of Washington has a great surplus store where they sell a lot of old weird lab equipment.

If you get in good with the faculty, occasionally they'll just GIVE you stuff. Being an English major, mostly this is relegated to awesomely old books, but I don't know what you science-y chaps might luck into.

The only thing more dangerous than a good idea is a bad idea held by motivated idiots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: