The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 25, 2019, 08:42:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam, Steel & Stars + Beer Festival (20th-22nd Apr LLANGOLLEN WALES -UK)  (Read 2595 times)
Lasairfion
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:19 pm »

There is a Steel, Steam & Stars gala from the 20th to the 22nd of April in Llangollen.

Where:
Llangollen Steam Railway Station
Carrog / Llangollen
Wales

Start Time: 20th April 'til 22nd April

Price: £6 or choose to donate more (tickets can be bought as a donation allowing Government Tax-back Relief for the Charity)

(£3 extra for Beer Festival, special brews for the event, 24 Beers and a cider to choose from)

Evening tickets are valid from 5pm - 11pm

The cost of your ticket includes a donation to the 6880 Society, on which they can then claim Tax back from the Inland Revenue - therefore raising more money for the project. If you do not want to make a donation please select the ticket type without donation on the next page. If you are a Non UK Tax payer please select the without donation ticket type.

Recommended Ticket Price: £6.00-£40.00
----------------------------------------------------------
Description:A Mega 3 day Gala and Beer Festival with an all star cast of up to eleven Steam Locomotives.

Freight Train rides, Miniature Railway, Railway Artists, Book Signing ('The Great Western In North Wales'), Drive a Steam Locomotive (Over 18s - The distance travelled will be approximately 1 mile), Simon Hudson's 7 1/4" Gauge Locos, Berkeley Light Railway (10 1/4" Gauge - 400ft of track!)
-----------------------------------------------------------
More Info:
http://www.6880gala.co.uk/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:30:37 pm by Lasairfion » Logged
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:21:36 pm »

I would love to go (combining ales & steam trains Grin ), but time and expenses in very short supply atm Cry

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:06:26 pm »

The Llangollen Railway is well worth a look - also for model railway enthusiasts the Dapol factory is just a short drive away in Chirk. I'm sorely tempted to try to make it to that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: