The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 17, 2019, 06:57:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 870   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steam Gallery Volume 1  (Read 2098929 times)
Stirling_Cycle
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3125 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:19 am »

Our presence on the aetherweb is still in the works and should be up shortly, if you like we can add you to the mailing list of future events

Rogue_designers definition is "Standard Beeman Units - general measure of steampunk awesomeness, calibrated against the current most awesome image of M. Beeman. 1.0 being highest, and most everything else, being a decimal mark - ie. .85 SBU"

Per Aspera ad Astra
Baron Verndorf
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Mad Philosopher and True Gentleman

« Reply #3126 on: March 10, 2008, 08:05:56 am »

Baron Verndorf - Thank you for the compliment, my collection was built over many years, and I actually have a few pieces not shown here (including 3 additional waistcoats - a grey, a green and a black, all with lapels, all rather more plain, and woollen) as well.  As for the waistcoats I did show, with the exception of the blue one, which as I say I made personally, they were all acquired at a clothing store called Chase Cattle & Company, which sold exclusively Victorian and period western clothing.  I also got the ascots, shirt and the middle frock coat from there as well.  Sadly, the store was bought out by a lesser company about 10 years ago.  The new company, Lammle's Western Wear does still carry some similar items, at least they did last time I was there (I believe they only exist in Alberta).

All of the waistcoats are from WAH Maker.

The basic gyst of which is, that there makers are not directly available to me. A shame. Well I commend your style good sir, one can only hope that my collection of clothing will rival yours one day.

You may be a mad scientist, but I am a mad philosopher.
The Kilted Commodore
Snr. Officer

He's reckless as a juggernaut, and Mad to boot.

« Reply #3127 on: March 10, 2008, 08:08:12 am »

Aforementioned photograph of Mr. Beeman can be viewed here for comparison.
http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=5669.75

The Robot Uprising, Electronic music radio show, 10-midnight EST monday nights on www.scadradio.org
Stirling_Cycle
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3128 on: March 10, 2008, 08:12:32 am »

thank you commodore  Grin
Ventrue1830
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #3129 on: March 10, 2008, 08:21:31 am »

Stirling - sure I'd be interested to hear about future evets.  Can't promise I'd be able to make it down for anything, but you never know.  Thanks for clearing up the SBU thing.  Compliment acknowledged and accepted  Smiley

Baron Verndorf - WAH Maker's clothes can be found online through most Western Suttlers.  If you do a search of WAH Maker, it should be easy to find their products.  A warning, their clothing tends to be expensive, but it is definitely worth it.  The gold waistcoat was the first I bought, and that was in 1996, and is still in excellent condition.  Thank you again for the compliments.

Kilted Commodore - thanks, yes I've seen some of his photos in my lurking.  I actually have 3 utilikilts myself (black, tan and olive) but can't afford the leather one....yet  Wink
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:23:50 am by Ventrue1830 » Logged

We can contend with the evil men do in the name of evil, but Heaven protect us from what they do in the name of good.
TribalDancer
Gunner

« Reply #3130 on: March 10, 2008, 08:40:01 am »

We are up and running, as of this very night. And Mr. Venture, it would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday soon!
http://www.seattlesteamrats.com

Those are indeed lovely items of fashion. You inspire me, as your mode of elegant dress is distinctly what my husband has been asking me to procure for him. Many thanks.
Baron Verndorf
Zeppelin Captain

Mad Philosopher and True Gentleman

« Reply #3131 on: March 10, 2008, 09:05:19 am »

Baron Verndorf - WAH Maker's clothes can be found online through most Western Suttlers.  If you do a search of WAH Maker, it should be easy to find their products.  A warning, their clothing tends to be expensive, but it is definitely worth it.  The gold waistcoat was the first I bought, and that was in 1996, and is still in excellent condition.  Thank you again for the compliments.

Ah, my apologies for not having looked harder. Thank you for correcting me, for I would be without this resource! A good supplier is always a good thing, and your taste is obviously trustworthy!
von Brasswood
Zeppelin Captain
Norway Norway

Master of Graphical Marvel

« Reply #3132 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:26 am »

Because he's rather currently attached, and I don't share very well.  ^_~

Ah, I see. Well, good catch then Wink

"Steam punk is like a top hat: You can watch it from different angles and enjoy different things about it, and there are no single hat that fits everyones head."
- vonB
Ventrue1830
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #3133 on: March 10, 2008, 09:24:03 am »

TribalDancer - Very cool, I'll be checking out the site often.  Thank you for you kind words, glad I could inspire.  For many years, these clothes were my regular formal wear, and I was always complimented on them.

Baron - No worries, glad to be of assistance  Smiley I hope you find some stuff that you like.

Oh, and for the record, don't be fooled by the perspective in the last couple of shots, that suit of armour isn't as small as it looks - it was actually made to fit me, and does  fine job of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 09:29:11 am by Ventrue1830 » Logged
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

Persistent pilfering privateer

« Reply #3134 on: March 10, 2008, 10:08:51 am »

Mr. Ventrue...I wonder...Ever played a Ventrue on a live event? Wink

Other than that, very good show, sir. Impressive wardrobe Smiley

Ventrue1830
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #3135 on: March 10, 2008, 10:53:40 am »

Torvald - thank you, I've seen you showing off your stuff in another thread, and gotta say it looks pretty cool Smiley

No, I've never LARPed, but I did play V:TM back when I was in college (early 90's), and I was Ventrue at the time.

The name, more specifically, references Julian Luna, the Ventrue Prince of San Francisco in Kindred: The Embraced, who was born in 1830.
Rishado
« Reply #3136 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:56 am »

Normal-ish..(Yes, it's a Jimmy Eat World armband. No, it's not mine. Long story)

Not so normal..

Now for something downright wicked..
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3137 on: March 10, 2008, 11:19:56 am »

I like the latter two...Quite impressive, the both of 'em Smiley
Rishado
« Reply #3138 on: March 10, 2008, 11:25:59 am »

Thanks much. Always thought I looked better when weaponry, blood, or violence was concerned.  Cool
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3139 on: March 10, 2008, 11:30:10 am »

Torvald - thank you, I've seen you showing off your stuff in another thread, and gotta say it looks pretty cool Smiley

Thank you, sir Smiley Nice praise coming from a man like yourself. And as one can read here it's not even done yet Wink

No, I've never LARPed, but I did play V:TM back when I was in college (early 90's), and I was Ventrue at the time.

No LARP? A pitty...I think you may enjoy it Smiley

The name, more specifically, references Julian Luna, the Ventrue Prince of San Francisco in Kindred: The Embraced, who was born in 1830.

I see...Well, already wondered about the year in your name, but that explains it nicely.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3140 on: March 10, 2008, 11:32:08 am »

Oh, so do I. It would seem more of us have that 'problem' Wink

Do you have more pics of that middle outfit? I'm curious about the rest of your get-up.
Rishado
« Reply #3141 on: March 10, 2008, 11:43:50 am »

I do. Sadly I haven't had the time to play around much with the pictured outfit (work is the worse kind of murder), so my pictures are not very varied. Here's what I have though.

Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3142 on: March 10, 2008, 12:13:27 pm »

Yup, as spiffy as I thought it was Smiley And those photo's....Eeesh...Like so many here, they're stabs in my poor heart; they remind me I need to get myself more weaponry...Such a revolver, for instance.
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #3143 on: March 10, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »

I have waistcoat envy.   Very nice collection sir.

"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk
Fortigurn
Zeppelin Captain
Taiwan Taiwan

« Reply #3144 on: March 10, 2008, 03:04:43 pm »

Yup, as spiffy as I thought it was Smiley And those photo's....Eeesh...Like so many here, they're stabs in my poor heart; they remind me I need to get myself more weaponry...Such a revolver, for instance.

Step this way sir.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:10:31 pm by Fortigurn » Logged

My eyes!  The goggles - they do nothing!

Steampunk@Redbubble

Brushes:

500ml

Obsidian Daw
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3145 on: March 10, 2008, 03:06:24 pm »

Hehehe...Good work, sir Cheesy Looks to be the best version yet.

Now, if only I could get a real replica of that gun...
Fortigurn
Zeppelin Captain
Taiwan Taiwan

« Reply #3146 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:10 pm »

It's the Win Gun 702BK (made and sold here in Taiwan), displayed here above my other Win Gun (Steampunked).

This is what it looks like now.

Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3147 on: March 10, 2008, 03:17:03 pm »

Looks beautifull Smiley But I'm afraid the chance I'll get my mits on one are quite small...
Fortigurn
Zeppelin Captain
Taiwan Taiwan

« Reply #3148 on: March 10, 2008, 03:30:31 pm »

Mmmm yes, I'm not aware of them being sold outside Taiwan.
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3149 on: March 10, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »

Even if I'd try to import it or even flew to Taiwan to buy one, the laws over here would probably make it very hard for me to own one...
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 870   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: