The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 18, 2017, 11:37:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 870   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steam Gallery Volume 1  (Read 1864760 times)
pir8m1k3y
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2007, 12:22:28 pm »

from a little dress up session on the weekend

obviously not going for classical victorian
more steamPUNK
Johnny Payphone
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Contraptor/ Metalworker/ Bicycle builder

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2007, 10:06:01 pm »

Here I am dressed up to ride a highwheel in a couple of 4th of July parades.  This is pretty much standard uniform for Wheelmen, for more see the "Pennyfarthing" thread in Metaphysical:

http://www.brassgoggles.co.uk/bg-forum/index.php?topic=987.0

Larger image:

http://www.johnnypayphone.net/steam/johnnyfarthing1.jpg

Steampunk life in the living world:
http://www.johnnypayphone.net/blog.php
Mad Maxine
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

I'm the one in the hat.

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2007, 02:36:05 am »

For the vilification of Mr. Théière! I acquired this "elbow grease" while performing an emergency starter transplant on my VW Jetta in the driveway of a safety supply shop where I became stranded. And, in case you were wondering, I indeed had been carrying around a spare starter (and a floor jack, and all my tools) in my trunk for about a year now (because my solenoid was crapping out), just in preparation for this particular day.

Unfortunately, I had no gloves, ergo, the final greasy result, lots of cursing, and two minor gouges. I'm still scrubbing dirt out of my scalp from rolling around under the car. So enjoy!

Dedicated to the destruction and repair of objects in the name of curiosity.
Mad Maxine
Zeppelin Captain

I'm the one in the hat.

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2007, 05:57:08 am »

Finally! My "biplane pilot" look.

I'll try to find some decent car photos soon.
 Smiley
Proffessor Varne
Snr. Officer

ProF-Fess-or hence the extra F

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2007, 02:45:09 am »

ok, so here we go with a few "family" shots

This is myself and my brother in our office when we worked together at Halloween one year..(I'm the cute one without the hair)

This one is actually a year or so before when we worked together in ANOTHER place at Halloween...(I'm the one with the stake in my chest)

And finally here is me last year at work testing out my new (at the time) hairstyle and new Macbook pro with camera

Man is that a cheesy grin or what? I can scare small children with that face (and most women too!) So now everyone can be scared too hehe...

I have a head simply brimming with seemingly useless information. Useless, until I find a post that I can relate it too that is...........

"Is it hot in here?"

"No, just Steamy"
das joker
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2007, 11:25:55 pm »

Thipp
Zeppelin Captain

Lord of the monkeys

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2007, 11:43:56 pm »

One of these days I will get around to buying a real camera. Here is a very recent picture of me at work. I run a blackpowder rifle range at a scout camp for the summer.

Mr. X
Snr. Officer

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2007, 03:05:52 am »

I thought I'd share some pictures of me in my newest outfit, which I wore to Otakon this weekend. And, I also managed to convince a friend of mine to go steampunk to the convention as well, and I think it turned out quite well.

I'm the on the right in the long coat.

I'm not sure how well you can see it, but my friend actually waxed his mustache, and I think it looked quite good.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 03:26:57 am by Mr. X » Logged

Mr. X
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2007, 03:22:45 am »

I thought I'd share some pictures of me in my newest outfit, which I wore to Otakon this weekend. And, I also managed to convince a friend of mine to go steampunk to the convention as well, and I think it turned out quite well.

I'm the on the right in the long coat.
I'm not sure how well you can see it, but my friend actually waxed his mustache, and I think it looked quite good.

Hmm looks like you may have used the wrong URL's in your img tags.  I think this is ONE of them you wanted

Looks very nice sir.

-=[KING of the Wyoming Steampunks]=-

Zen & The Art Of Steampunk
Daemon
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2007, 08:55:59 am »

Ok, I don't want to overflood this thread but here are the real pictures after the eyebrows went down the drain.

Major Francis Cleverly
Snr. Officer

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2007, 05:52:43 pm »

Daemon reminds me of either the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins or one of the bad-guys from the Clive Barker movie Lord of Illusions (no offense meant by that comparison BTW) - I know if I tried to go with less hair than I have I'd resemble nothing so much as a much-less-good-looking curly.

But in the interest of fairness I will post a fairly good representation of myself:

Nothing.
Christian Lakehinde
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2007, 04:53:19 pm »

Robotguy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2007, 05:14:40 pm »

Here's me:

I'm the only person I know who actually likes sweater vests. The only problem with them is that I can't wear my pocket protector at the same time.

Don't anthropomorphize your steam automatons: They hate that.
oskila
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Robber of graves, watcher of birds, drinker of ale

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2007, 01:43:59 am »

A larger version of my avatar. The only reasonable portrait I have on this machine as my girlfriend took the one with all the images on it with her when she went grave robbing up north.

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)
Autoclave
Gunner

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:52 am »

Day 1 of comic-con was today, here's a shot of me in costume. Can you tell which Ghostbuster I am?

I'll post some closeups of my proton pack when I have time. I ran into a couple of people from the board, unfortunately I can't remember what your handles were.
Johnny Payphone
Snr. Officer
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

Contraptor/ Metalworker/ Bicycle builder

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2007, 11:50:38 am »

Okay, here's the rest of the Steamball/Sokolov shoot:

rokkitgurl
Gunner
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Duchess Lenora Hammerman

« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2007, 06:44:09 am »

Found these goggles at a local thrift/antique store for $9.50, the gloves for $4.50!

My first at steampunk attire...

SCHLAMPE! ... Ich liebe dich!
TheRedMax
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Chief Warrant Officer Phineas Parsons

« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2007, 09:19:31 pm »

I've recently been working in (my opinion) the ultimate in steam punk accessories!

The Facial Hair!

"The trouble with these international affairs is they attract foreigners." (Member #77 and fiercely proud of it!)
veggiecar300
Deck Hand

« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2007, 09:26:54 pm »

This guy isn't just dressing up for an event.  He dresses like this EVERY DAY.  For real, he's dressed like this since the sixties.  He mows the lawn like this, goes to work like this... he's the original, proto-steampunk.  Here he's posing next to a 1912 Mercedes.  

When I talked to him on the day this pic was taken, I told him about Steampunk.  I also mentioned von Slatt's computer.  He had never heard of it or steampunk of course, and said to his wife, "well, now I may have a reason to look at a computer!"

He was also complaining about his car.
"This car I brought today is too complicated!  These newer cars!  I miss my old Model T."

The car he drove that day was a 1927 Model A Ford.
okoshima
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »

First off I have to say oskila, You look a little like Ryan Dunn in that picture,

And a picture of me...

I may post a better one soon
oskila
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Robber of graves, watcher of birds, drinker of ale

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2007, 11:07:02 pm »

I had not the slightest idea who Ryan Dunn was, but Google kindly told me. I might look a bit like him yes.

To compensate for that I hereby post a picture of me from two years back, when I played the norwegian author, playwright, director and agitator Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson (Nobel prize, Litterature, 1903)

That's me to the right Smiley All the hair except part of the eyebrows is my very own. As this was the closing night of the play, someone decided that the orchestra was to wear KISS-makeup.

And here's the real guy
Sebastian Gaunt
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have the key to the TARDIS!

« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2007, 10:08:21 pm »

Hello, this this is a picture my good lady and I had done at Whitby when we got engaged a couple of years ago. The costumes belonged to the shop but we are now working on our own outfits. Will post them when we have them.

This is an outfit I threw together from what I had just lying around one evening, its not perfect but it is a start...

"The fastest way to travel is by Gaslight"
rokkitgurl
Gunner
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Duchess Lenora Hammerman

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2007, 07:58:11 am »

learningtofly
Deck Hand
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2007, 06:50:50 pm »

oh hello to you all, I kind of just stumbled upon Steampunk, and I can not for my life recall how it happened, but what I have discovered is that if fits me like a glove and now i am in love with it.

i need to fix my googles soon, Im planning of covering them in nice leather or something.
B. Fugu
Zeppelin Captain

ᒪᒡᕆᑦᑦe, ᔅᑦeᐊᒻᐳᓐᒃ, ᐊᓐd ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ. ᓐoᑦᕼᐃᖕ ᐃᔅ ᓱᑉeᕆoᕐ.

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2007, 02:48:17 am »

This is me, contemplating a crumb. At least it should be, if it works.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:02:14 am by B. Fugu » Logged

http://fugunews.wordpress.com/

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulance and then...explode." --Malcom Reynolds, Serenity
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 870   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: