The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 12:33:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Fleet Attack OOC (Pirate Solidarity thread)  (Read 29971 times)
Sir Newton Bridges
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2008, 03:20:03 am »

We need a marching song. And like any good marching song it will serve eaully as well as a drinking song.

exactly, but lets avoid putting hte two together, drunken marching just wouldent be right

i can start trying to think up of a steam version, i assume it should involve airships and the like

i am living in mine zyrian fantasty
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:14 am »

It wouldn't be right but it would certanly be funny even more so if there was a marching band involved.  And I am glad you like the joke. (I would have posted earlier but I had to go be Barny at a huge birthday party for a one year old. I had forgotten how wretchedly hot that suit was.)

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2008, 12:12:36 pm »

It wouldn't be right but it would certanly be funny even more so if there was a marching band involved.  And I am glad you like the joke. (I would have posted earlier but I had to go be Barny at a huge birthday party for a one year old. I had forgotten how wretchedly hot that suit was.)

You have my deepest sympathies.

Nae king, nae quin, nae laird, nae master! We won't be fooled agin!

I do not suffer fools, fools suffer ME!

"If she be the daughter of fifty kings" Said Father Fitzgibbon "I tell you, you can't marry her, she being a fish."

http://sceyeballkid.deviantart.com/
Bellono
Officer

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2008, 12:33:39 pm »

Our regiment has a marching song that doubles up as a drinking song when we're in the mess, they mix just make sure the marching comes first followed by the same song but ablied to drinking it does work quite nicely once the order is correct

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2008, 02:14:14 pm »

Well get to it! Sounds good!

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:03 pm »

I'm back, internet problems and some interesting burns held me up for a while. You really never do get used to the smell.

Anyways, to business.

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:22 pm »

What kind of burns?
InquisitorLordKain
Snr. Officer

The Inquisition Has Arrived, Behold The Apocalypse

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2008, 05:30:37 pm »

my next 23 or so days will be a bit iffey, but I'll try to be online as best as possible. I'll be goind out of town (to Ft. Lauderdale) and fortunatley will be staying with family...I'll take whatever pictures I deem worthy while there (probly not any)...i anything I'll get a chance to get some stuff for m projects hehehe...

The Inquisition has cometh, behold The Apocalypse as she purges these lands with unholy cannonfire!
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2008, 05:46:55 pm »

Safe trip!
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2008, 06:18:47 pm »

What kind of burns?

The kind you get when you're not paying attention with a blowtorch.
InquisitorLordKain
Snr. Officer

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »

Safe trip!

Thank you

And Sir Nikolas, sorry to hear about the burns...now I will oficially never work with a blowtorch! (jk)
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2008, 06:25:10 pm »

Thanks for the sympathy. I've had worse burns, and these're healing. Damn they were painful for a few hours...
InquisitorLordKain
Snr. Officer

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2008, 06:29:35 pm »

The worse burn I've had was when I was in 1st grade...my Grandmother left  the mini-grill's lid off, while it was on the ground...I was running, and stepped on it (foot + cooked = pain) and the next being from my wood-burning kit...just a tiny thing though.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2008, 06:49:36 pm »

Ohh, grill-patterned burn...Hard to explain that one at the hospital, eh?

The worst I've had was probably when i picked up a piece of hot metal. If it'd been in shade, it'd have been glowing red, and only LOOKed black 'cos it was in open sunlight...

Sizzle, scream, ice, three weeks of not being able to pick stuff up...

Moral of this story: Nikolas is more preoccupied with doing things than staying safe.
InquisitorLordKain
Snr. Officer

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2008, 06:53:27 pm »

ouch!...well lucky me (or not), the grill pattern thingy wasnt on yet...either that or I dont remmeber...but I dont have a pattern, and no hospital for me...ever since than though I've loved fire (awkward)

Ok, Reason for editing: I have arrived in Ft. Lauderdale...Thank you Shredsnpatches, I think the "Safe Trip" post helped!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:12:46 am by InquisitorLordKain » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2008, 02:21:34 am »

I am off to ravenwood be back Sunday. 
Ella Kremper
Zeppelin Admiral

Retro-Tech Dystopiac

« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2008, 07:07:29 pm »

Okay, admittedly, I'm a complete newbie at this, and would like to jump into the fray, however, am uncertain as to the rules and how to avoid making a total cock of myself and angering the erstwhile characters within the thread. I do have an idea for a character but am not sure on the protocol of posting her or what I can place her as.

Any tips?

Let's get a Bentley Speed Six and drive it through the middle of the forest.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #167 on: July 21, 2008, 07:18:05 pm »

Write like a story, not like a script. Other than that, it's really, really easy.
Ella Kremper
Zeppelin Admiral

Retro-Tech Dystopiac

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2008, 07:28:03 pm »

Write like a story, not like a script. Other than that, it's really, really easy.

Well, that's a relief.

However, I was hoping that my character wouldn't necessarily be a pirate or a fleeter, but more of a minor merchant not entirely opposed to racketeering who took the wrong turning at the mushroom-shaped cumulus cloud and ended up stuck in this rather large and messy air-traffic jam. And no magic. Promise.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

'S fine by me, i'd be glad to see you in the RP.
Ella Kremper
Zeppelin Admiral

Retro-Tech Dystopiac

« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2008, 10:48:01 pm »

'S fine by me, i'd be glad to see you in the RP.

Well, taken the dip in there now, so Fuchsian's either going to end up drinking herself silly or something else...
Sir Newton Bridges
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2008, 04:12:53 am »

drinking herself silly or something else...

trust me, you will fit right in  Grin
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »

Welcome! You'll have a blast!
Ella Kremper
Zeppelin Admiral

Retro-Tech Dystopiac

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2008, 04:51:57 pm »

Cracking, look forward to it Smiley
Storm Rider
Gunner

I lie and murder and I do it all for my people

« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2008, 04:36:38 pm »

Hello all, My name is Conor in real life but I hope to join the Pirate Solidarity RP. My character if it is okay with both sides in this conflict will be a third leader. The back story is Russia is not one monarchical state in this world but separated into several kingdoms. In the north there was a particular powerful one that extended from the port of Archangel to the northen ranges of the Ural mountains. this Kingdom decided that it needed to become a greater power in the world so it starts it's own five year plan to industrialise and build an air fleet. The kingdom used forced labour camps and gulags of undesirables to create a very heavy industry focused economy. Using principals stolen from Nikolai Tesla and a crystalline ore found in the Urals they were able to create a lifting system for heavier than air craft. The system uses electrical energy to energise the ore causing spontaneous lift. This means that these North Kingdom airships have no vulnerable Envelopes. Only problem is these ships must run their oil fueled engines constantly to keep afloat. for that purpose they regularly land. The hulls of the ships retain a very nautical design so they can land in water as that is a far readily available landing site then a prepared landing pad. But something happens during the end of the five year plan. A revolt is led by a charismatic leader and the kingdom quickly falls as the airship workers in Archangel seize the Airship fleet and subjugate the kingdom using brutal tactics. This leader even manipulates Hephaestus Burnside the heroic leader of the Reckless Abandon to kill a British Army Officer who had been acting as a "special Adviser" to the Northern Kingdom on the subject of "civilian relocation" earning the eternal hatred of Burnside. But now with the news of the First Fleet's superweapon this leader recognises that to protect his peoples hard won freedom he must try to make an alliance With Burnside and the Pirates....but perhaps Vendigroth will accept an alliance. The Ships that I will control are big main combat ships going from corvettes to battleships and three Gyrocopter carriers. If I join the Pirates I can lend a mailed fist of fire power to the Pirates in their battle with the First Fleet. If I join the First Fleet our joint armadas could reek massive damage on the Pirates. There is one more thing I have to offer. The Super Battleship Potemkin With 9 18inch cannons in mounts of threee in three turrets on the deck, 2 16 inch cannons mounted in a 2 cannon mount turret in the under side of the hull at the aft of the hull. 20 × 5-inch (127 mm) / 38 cal, Mark 12  Turreted guns set in the under side of the hull and in the super structure on the upperside of the airship,80 × 40 mm / 56 cal. Autocannon antiaircraft guns equally diesperesd in the hull of the ship and in ball mounts along the keel of the airship, 49 × 20 mm / 70 cal. Krakov gatling antiaircraft guns scatard around the ship. Measuring nearly 900 feet long it's hull is up to 650 mm thick or around 2 feet. The problem though with this vessel is it's massive fuel requirements and that it's main engine is incomplete. If either side can provide engineers to complete the engine this battle ship along with it's fleet could provide a great amount of assistance to either side. At the moment it only has two sub engines used to stable the vessel during firing of it's main weapons, but without the main engine it 's main armanent is impotent. If you think all this is to powerful then tell me I can change it but i want to add a third group this battle that either side can acquire as an ally.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 07:44:27 pm by Storm Rider » Logged

Я - молоток, я - Волк, я - Наковальня, и я - желание людей.

(( I am the hammer, I am the Wolf, I am the Anvil and I am the Will of the people.))
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: