The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 10:53:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Fleet Attack OOC (Pirate Solidarity thread)  (Read 30242 times)
Gaduka
Gunner
United States United States

« on: May 31, 2008, 10:13:32 pm »

I'm seriously seeing a few... err... undesirable things going on. *cough* Pseudo-Modus Deus *cough*
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

I am my own man. You, sir, are the queen's bitch

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »

pseudo-modus deus? :/ que?

Nae king, nae quin, nae laird, nae master! We won't be fooled agin!

I do not suffer fools, fools suffer ME!

"If she be the daughter of fifty kings" Said Father Fitzgibbon "I tell you, you can't marry her, she being a fish."

http://sceyeballkid.deviantart.com/
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:52:34 pm »

I think he means you're verging on god-mode. PM sent, by the way.

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 11:14:53 pm »

Aha, I'd have toned it down somewhat, but there appears to be one pirate ship in our fleet. But yes, if it is causing problems we will endeavour to calm things down.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 11:21:40 pm »

I'm sure there are more pirates, smugglers and privateers who'd rally in response to the threat posed by the Fleet Wink
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:00 pm »

Toning down begun, though if any other pirates would like to intervene it would be appreicated.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 03:37:36 pm »

This isn't something I invisaged myself ever saying, but: sorry about the invincibility. It shan't happen again.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
Gaduka
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 07:34:55 pm »

Building fully-functional mechanical weaponry with parts from a large flying machine, despite that fact that the parts normally used in creation of said weapons are at least 1/10 the size at the largest? And without gunpowder or a steam system?

Genius!

I mean, really. I don't mean to be a bastard here, but holy shit.
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »

Um, it was done purely to prevent our otherwise inevitable escape. An action only brought about by complaints of invinciblity. We are trying to keep them on board.

And if we're going to be just plain impolite about it you put up NO ressisstance when I boarded your ship, I was expecting a fight, I thought I was risking my character's life completely. I didn't expect you to run away, I find it rather futile to complain about invincibility when no effor is made, if we all faced no ressisstance we'd all be invincible.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »

On the topic of the previous two posts: Both of you calm down.

On the topic of the First Fleet: I'm not sure if i made this entirely clear, but the Fleet's a private organisation which has chosen to side with the British Empire against the pirates. The Fleet is based...somewhere in the sahara desert, in an underground city.

And, for all your talk of ribbon and braid, the uniform of the fleet is a dark gray flight suit, and goggles and stuff. I'll admit, though, you've got me on the mass-produced, utilitarian ships thing, though.
Gaduka
Gunner

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 09:17:04 pm »

Um, it was done purely to prevent our otherwise inevitable escape. An action only brought about by complaints of invinciblity. We are trying to keep them on board.

And if we're going to be just plain impolite about it you put up NO ressisstance when I boarded your ship, I was expecting a fight, I thought I was risking my character's life completely. I didn't expect you to run away, I find it rather futile to complain about invincibility when no effor is made, if we all faced no ressisstance we'd all be invincible.

I meant no offense, and if I was impolite, I apologize. In regards to my escape, it was an in-character action. The character hates direct confrontations.
Sir Newton Bridges
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 09:27:41 pm »

i have been reading through the solidarity thread, and i think we might all benifite from someone posting a list a who is alive/dead and what ships are still active/destroyed

thanks in advance

i am living in mine zyrian fantasty
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 11:08:27 pm »

I meant no offense, and if I was impolite, I apologize. In regards to my escape, it was an in-character action. The character hates direct confrontations.

Fair enough. And I apologise if I snapped. I have something of a trying day.
Gaduka
Gunner

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 05:35:08 am »

To clarify things, I wasn't really talking about invincibility. Upon the first reading of the posts, I was under the impression that you guys were actually succeeding in building those weapons. I complained prematurely.  Cheesy My bad.
Bellono
Officer

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 12:36:20 am »

Hell my character has taken one hell of a beating he spent most of the flight to new baddage in a hospital bed getting patched up, he's big, tough, stubborn, but also fool hardy thats his thing with the others keeping him in check his ok but on his own for too long he'll wind up getting himself killed hes a flawed hero proud to the point of arrogant hardly what id call a god more of a Greek tragedy... given that his sole motive for living is revenge

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 11:12:22 pm »

Heheheheheheheheehehehehehe.

Now the first fleet have a death star.

That's gonna be FUN to steal/blow up. Cheesy
Gaduka
Gunner

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:09 am »

It's not omnipotent, so don't worry about that.

BUT DON'T FORGET TO FEEL THA POWAAAH!
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 10:27:30 pm »

Ok, now the pirates have seen what the first fleet weapon can do it's only a matter of time before they work out how to replicate it. the the first fleet will make a better one, then the pirates will make one better than that and we'll have an arms race on our hands.

Gentlemen, the Atlantic Aether Crisis has begun.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 10:36:34 pm »

Who said anything about building? We're freaking pirates! We steal!
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 10:39:39 pm »

Dude, what's better, steal your enemy's weapon?
Or steal materials to make a better weapon?
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 10:44:42 pm »

Dude, what's better, steal your enemy's weapon?
Or steal materials to make a better weapon?

Steal weapon, and steal materials to upgrade. Why deprive enemy of one, when you can deprive him of both?
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 10:52:19 pm »

Yes, from a truly tactical "these people are my enemy" standpoint, however this is a game between friends. So leaving them with something to defend themselves with is only fair and getnlemanly.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »

I see where you're coming from. Queensbury rules, and all that. Fair enough.
Sir Newton Bridges
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 01:34:12 am »

this is a little off topic but, i think ether is pretty much a sort of steampnuk deus-ex-machina

how would we breath/travle is space? ether. how would this ship run? ether. how does that gun/cannon do that? ether. and now we have a, as Arcturon put it, a deathstar that runs on ether, the "aetheric helix", able to destroy a small ship at even the lowest power settings
Arcturon the hobo
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 01:40:47 am »

Yes, but we all have access to the deus ex machina that is aether which renders it somewhat moot. An advantage that everybody has is no longer an advantage and more a cool piece of background goobery!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: