The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 03:48:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight for the Skies [OOC thread]  (Read 7984 times)
Captain Briody
Gunner
United States United States

Keep shooting, maybe some science will fall out.

« on: May 21, 2008, 08:40:05 am »

since the game thread appears to be underway (and already racking up a body count) I thought I'd post this here, in case anyone has anything to say that's not steampunky or piratical.

For every day's a war down there, when the gauges all read red.
Twelve-hundred pounds of heated steam can kill you mighty dead.
So every man down in the hole has learned to hate so well,
That when you speak to them of fear, their laughter's heard in hell.
von Adler
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:46:49 am »

I was thinking about making a character writeup, but then I started thinking that maybe some characters don't fit into the grander scheme of things as different timelines and alternate histories may not mix well. My character, for example, is the result of the Great War gone off kilter in many subtle ways, and that doesn't fit well with more peaceful backgrounds.

Though I had this idea about the Freistatt navigating not only the skies, but timelines and realities as well...
Captain Briody
Gunner

Keep shooting, maybe some science will fall out.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:59:34 am »

I was thinking about making a character writeup, but then I started thinking that maybe some characters don't fit into the grander scheme of things as different timelines and alternate histories may not mix well. My character, for example, is the result of the Great War gone off kilter in many subtle ways, and that doesn't fit well with more peaceful backgrounds.

Though I had this idea about the Freistatt navigating not only the skies, but timelines and realities as well...

You could modify your character for this specific thread. Most of experience with textual RPGs is that a character sheet is written for that particular RPG.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 01:52:50 pm »

I'd like to point out at this point that the First Fleet isn't under the jurisdiction of the British Empire, but has simply chosen to side with them for the time being.

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
vermillion
Snr. Officer

Captain of the air-ship Orfiel.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:09:20 pm »

Figured as much, so I made a separate poster for them.
I'll continue vel's escape/non escape when I return to a pc, she has to repair both her cabin and her arm somehow.  Smiley
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:51:30 pm »

I'd like to point out at this point that the First Fleet isn't under the jurisdiction of the British Empire, but has simply chosen to side with them for the time being.

Like the cowardy-cowardy-custards that they are.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:07:06 pm »

Maybe I was ambiguous. For the time being, we've allowed the Empire to side with us.
B. Fugu
Zeppelin Captain

ᒪᒡᕆᑦᑦe, ᔅᑦeᐊᒻᐳᓐᒃ, ᐊᓐd ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ. ᓐoᑦᕼᐃᖕ ᐃᔅ ᓱᑉeᕆoᕐ.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 01:59:30 am »

I believe he was refering to the Brits.

http://fugunews.wordpress.com/

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulance and then...explode." --Malcom Reynolds, Serenity
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 11:18:54 pm »

In case anyone is wondering what on earth I'm doing, Alecto will be providing search and rescue for downed aeronauts until some sea pirates turn up. Just make sure you transmit on the approved distress frequencies and we'll come to pick you up.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 11:33:13 pm »

I believe he was refering to the Brits.

Well, I've got no beef with the Brits per se, just the ones who betrayed me, killed my first crew, and burned my grandfather's ship. And the ones in the Navy. And the ones responsible for Little Britain. Other than that, we're square.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »

Incidentally, I'm sorry if my bits of the story are somewhat disjointed. I'm new to this. I'll get into the swing of it soon.
Pheobsky
Zeppelin Captain

A Gentleman.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 02:36:19 pm »

Incidentally, I'm sorry if my bits of the story are somewhat disjointed. I'm new to this. I'll get into the swing of it soon.
Same here- also if theres any points anyone can think of that's useful -such as writing style, things to avoid etc. it would be lovely if you could tell us a few of the most basic ones  Grin

There's nothing finer than going to the 192O's for a dance!
InsanityBites
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 11:48:10 am »

Use basic grammar, don't try to control other people's characters, and if you want to do permanent damage to someone else's ship it's probably best to PM them out of character first and ask, just so this all stays fun for everyone.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »

Use basic grammar, don't try to control other people's characters, and if you want to do permanent damage to someone else's ship it's probably best to PM them out of character first and ask, just so this all stays fun for everyone.

Not a problem. Just to be sure, it's perfectly alright to mow down any amount of "extras", right?
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:22 pm »

Not a problem. Just to be sure, it's perfectly alright to mow down any amount of "extras", right?

Spose not, just not anyone important like admirals 'n' stuff. Not immediately, at any rate.
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 12:18:38 pm »

Kill the monkeys, not the organ-grinders. Check.
vermillion
Snr. Officer

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 06:54:52 pm »

sorry everyone!! with the holiday weekend i havent had a good amount of time to sit and continue my part <_>

and we have a war in the pirate solidarity thread too?? lol.. thats great.

I'll be back soon!!!
InsanityBites
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 09:10:08 am »

Hello, just thought I'd let you all know I'm still here, not dead and all that. Sorry if I seem to be holding up the game thread, I'll get on it as soon as I can.
Bellono
Officer

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:56 am »

I realise that my characters back story, which iv since lost sight of, not sure were it went, but any way, kinda eliminated the entire nation of Italy. That may have been a bit much, if a new character thread comes up i can rework it so that it was just his families estate and a bit of Northern Italy that got taken, to tone down the whole Italy is a smoking ruin thing that i did without thinking long term

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
RyRy
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 08:04:35 pm »

Not only am I rusty, but i am a tad behind on the game. if im doing anything out of order ever, or such, please PM or tell me so here.
Kylen Phylar
Officer

Zeppelins aren't the only Airships, ye know.

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 04:48:08 am »

Hmmm...how to bring in my crew and ship

I am IM and PM Friendly! I like friends! Contact me!
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 06:53:28 pm »

I am interested in bringing my ship into the conflict, but am unsure of which side to join!

The ship is a privateer ship...so there is much pirating.

However, all this pirating is done with the consent of the British Empire.....as long as it is against other nations.

Any suggestions?

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 07:44:58 pm »

Go for it! Talk to any of the characters that might be engaged in similar rascally activities and see if you can come up with a nice epic way to introduce your character and ship. Then have fun!

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:27 am »

Since the pirate solidarity thread seems to have run out of steam, I may have to invade.
vermillion
Snr. Officer

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 05:59:09 am »

ah carp... >_<
i didnt see your last post for us stella..... i think i'll need to step up my game...

I blame myself...

yell at me next time hun..lol
well.. off we go then!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: