The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 09:13:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight For The Skies [Game Thread]  (Read 30351 times)
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 01:50:24 pm »

Shreds huffed and puffed as she dragged a load of rounds for the Gatling up to the ammunition drums. The newest addition to the crew of the Reckless Abandon had still to prove herself with a gun, and as such was relegated to powder monkey until she had trained a bit more.

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Gentleman-Adventurer
Snr. Officer

Freelance Hero, and Beau Sabreur.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »

Burnside guided the wheel carefully, gritting his teeth with effort as the updraught fought against him. The merchant vessels swarming about them like headless chickens were even more of an embuggerance. They steered clear of the "Reckless Abandon", though, as the heavy whine of the Gatling cannons marked Bellono's arrival on deck. Eventually, they managed to carve a path in the droves of fliers, and managed to make it out to open sky.
Trouble, up ahead. Burnside's eyes locked on a pair of pirate vessels sailing close abeam to one another. They each looked geared for trouble, and were running out the guns. One was definitely Captain Haversham's "Look Out Below", but the other was a mystery.
Ah, well, Burnside mused, as he rang the bell for action stations. Time to help out some siblings-in-arms.

"What do we do? You're asking me 'what do we do'? We do what we always do....We CHARGE, by thunder!" Captain Haephestus Burnside, of the "Reckless Abandon", shortly before a boarding action.

"You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!" Henry IV, Act II Scene I, WS.
Bellono
Officer

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 04:05:14 pm »

Bellono heard the action stations bell and laughed out load "It will be my field of fun soon!!!" He ran to his armory and began distributing the new assault rifles he'd made to the crew whilst ensuring his trench coat had all its secret compartments full with all the ammo and weapons he would need for at least 4 pitched battles

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 04:09:52 pm »

Hearing the bell, Shreds rushed to reload the Gatlings before they came into play again. She almost crashed into Bellono, who was grinning like a child in a toyshop as he handed out assault rifles, before regaining her footing and dashing back below decks for more shells.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:35 pm »

Bellono snaped a fresh magazine of 7.92mm ammo into the rifle and laughed.... "Soon let it be my time!!"
Hooligan_tuesday
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 05:35:29 pm »

"What's McCannon done this time? Is it time to flee for our lives already?"

"Oh, Yes.  Fleeing would be good."  Adelaide was as jittery as a flat tailed cat.  "You don't know how to make harpoons do you?"  She glanced around nervously and then turned back to Nathaniel.  "We are being shot at.  And it is highly probable that we have no weapons."

Nathaniel chews his lip thoughtfully for a couple of seconds. "Yes..... i think we've got some anti-kraken harpoons stashed in the engine room, the boys hang their laundry off them to dry, although i think hanging some of the crews long johns off em is only going to make them more lethal, although we might get done for biological warfare"

(I haven't seen anything on the existence of air kraken in the game, if they don't exist i'll rewrite this)
Captain McCannon
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Trigger-happy Captain of the HMS Ziggurat

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 07:28:33 pm »

Nathaniel chews his lip thoughtfully for a couple of seconds. "Yes..... i think we've got some anti-kraken harpoons stashed in the engine room, the boys hang their laundry off them to dry, although i think hanging some of the crews long johns off em is only going to make them more lethal, although we might get done for biological warfare"

At this point, Captain McCannon burst through the crowd, panting like she'd just run a marathon. Which, in a way, she had.

"Have we found harpoons?" she said, through intermittent gasps. "I have no idea what the devil is going on, but we should shoot at it until it goes away."

"I'm a horrible Captain, why do you think they shoved me on the S.S. Failboat here?"
Hooligan_tuesday
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 08:00:07 pm »

Nathaniel got halfway through something vaguely resembling a salute before reconsidering it and decided to smooth his hair down instead.

"Yeah we've got em cap'n, but it'll take a bit of time to bolt them back on to the outside of the ship and hook the lines up to boiler. Besides, the boys will be unhappy if you take away the washing line. If you like i can get started on it now if you want, but i'd be much happier playing this the safe way. The Ziggurat ain't fight for a big fight, its a high flier.

Why not use that to our advantage and drop stuff on whoever is shooting at us from a nice safe spot up in the clouds? we've got some scrap lying around that'd be really nasty if it hit you on the head from a mile up."

"And it saves me from having to do any cleaning" Nathaniel thought to himself.
Captain McCannon
Snr. Officer

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 10:59:07 pm »

McCannon pursed her lips. She paused, cocking her head to the side as if she were deep in thought, then burst out in a huge grin.

"What kind of stuff do we have?"
Adelaide Braun
Deck Hand

Official Navigator of the HMS Ziggurat

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 11:14:36 pm »

McCannon pursed her lips. She paused, cocking her head to the side as if she were deep in thought, then burst out in a huge grin.

"What kind of stuff do we have?"

"Well," Adelaide began to count on her fingers "We have at least eighteen crates filled with instant pancake mix, some large rocks, shrapnel from the last time we were shot at, some crystal commemoration glasses..."  She continued to list things as they walked towards the Ziggurat, eventually concluding with "... and a large sculpture of an angry lobster."
Captain McCannon
Snr. Officer

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 11:28:49 pm »

"Well," Adelaide began to count on her fingers "We have at least eighteen crates filled with instant pancake mix, some large rocks, shrapnel from the last time we were shot at, some crystal commemoration glasses..."  She continued to list things as they walked towards the Ziggurat, eventually concluding with "... and a large sculpture of an angry lobster."

McCannon narrowed her eyes. "What were the glasses commemorating? If they're the ones from the Annual Air Jockeys' Ice Cream Social, we're hurling the lot." She paused. "Except maybe the lobster."
Hooligan_tuesday
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:20 am »

Nathaniel chips in on Adelaide's list "We've got a few barrels of salted pork that i know for a fact would be pretty lethal, they've been in the hold for years, and theres some spares parts we could probably get rid of in the engine room. And i know for a fact that nobody walks away from being hit in in the head by a barrel full of brass bolts and salted pork."
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 02:16:10 pm »

As the Reckless Abandon edged closer to the two ships Bellono's excitement leapt. He was already aiming down his sights for a target as the ships became more visable... Bellono steadied his breathing for a controlled shot, using the side of the ship as a brace he also listened for the word of command from the capitano giving him permission to fire. "any officer or man of rank is dead" thought bellono smiling to himself
InsanityBites
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:30 am »

Calgary stopped short, almost running into the young woman. "Nothing the problem, miss. Just curious why you were mucking about in the ceiling like you were. This airport can be a dangerous place." His tone was sincere. As far as he was concerned, this sort of thing should have been left to the gendarmes, but Briody had a bad streak of curiousity. "Our captain thought you may have needed assistance."

Christine smiled, "Oh no, I'm perfectly fine, I can assure you."
Inside, she grimaced. She was fairly sure that "curiosity" wouldn't suffice as an excuse for being where she shouldn't; not in these troubled times. Hiding her nervousness, she asked, "You wouldn't happen to know what all that commotion is, would you?"
Captain Briody
Gunner

Keep shooting, maybe some science will fall out.

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55:24 pm »

"Pirates, likely. With exploding things, pirates tend to make the short list of likely causes. These're dangerous times for someone like yourself to wander around a port unprotected. Right over there is the Invictus, our ship. Would you mind riding out the current unpleasantness there? Things should be calmed down in a few hours."

For every day's a war down there, when the gauges all read red.
Twelve-hundred pounds of heated steam can kill you mighty dead.
So every man down in the hole has learned to hate so well,
That when you speak to them of fear, their laughter's heard in hell.
Captain McCannon
Snr. Officer

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 06:31:53 pm »

Nathaniel chips in on Adelaide's list "We've got a few barrels of salted pork that i know for a fact would be pretty lethal, they've been in the hold for years, and theres some spares parts we could probably get rid of in the engine room. And i know for a fact that nobody walks away from being hit in in the head by a barrel full of brass bolts and salted pork."

"Yes..." McCannon said evilly, clapping her hands together. "I don't know who these people are, but we are unleashing all hell on them. To the hold!"
B. Fugu
Zeppelin Captain

ᒪᒡᕆᑦᑦe, ᔅᑦeᐊᒻᐳᓐᒃ, ᐊᓐd ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ. ᓐoᑦᕼᐃᖕ ᐃᔅ ᓱᑉeᕆoᕐ.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 10:43:31 pm »

Enrique Fukuda sighed as he groped akwardly around for another one of the potatoes filling the crate. It was already his second full day curled up in the small space. If only he had known it was headed to Iceland, so he could have hidden somewhere else. He still had no idea who sent the gunmen. Was it the pirates? He was supposed to be traveling incognito, but any of the nobles would succumb to a bribe; some would tell freely. Perhaps one of them was employing the assassins?

Desperately, he tried reaching towards his pocket again. Using the potato, he finally managed to retrieve what he was looking for: a bottle of vitriol.

http://fugunews.wordpress.com/

"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulance and then...explode." --Malcom Reynolds, Serenity
RyRy
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12:24 pm »

The second-hand on her pocket watch was ticking irresponsibly. Quite bothersome indeed, however, she knew a well trusted repairsman. A rude thud on the door repeated itself; "Intrude.", she muttered.
"Oh, why such an unplesant mood, Alex?" he said, shutting the door behind himself. He wore a finely tailored leather vest, with a most respectable collared shirt underneath. All but his thumb and pinky fell at home in his right pocket, as he fixed his glasses with his index and middle finger.

"It's nothing--" she was interrupted by the sharp clicking noise of her pocket watch.
"There's quite a ruckus among us, you know?"
"Yes, indeed there is." she said, completely impartial to her surroundings.
"May I?"
"May you what? Make a suggestion?"

Clint took a moment, this conversation was a chess-game of respect, and he was already trading down.
"You're not much popular among the pirates. Perhaps a little intervention could prove a quick remedy?" Clint sighed, and continued "You can't be trading with pirates who don't know your name ma'am."
"Careful. I wish not for war in the skies. There is no reason for lives to be lost this evening. We need intel on what is going on, though. See to it that Harrison gets in communication with the fleeing ship, sir."

"Yes! Right away!"
"And also, see to it that everyone is rightfully armed, Clint."
Clint's eye twitched, "Hoh?"
"If blood is to be spilled, I'd perfer it not my own."
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 11:21:05 am »

The guns were all ready for now. Shreds turned to a grim-faced gunner and mouthed

"What do I do now?"

His response was thankfully drowned out by the roar of engines and gunfire, but gesticulating wildly, he showed her how to aim and fire. Before he could do any more, he bucked backwards and fell, a bullet in his skull.

Screaming, Shreds reached for the gun...

Bellono
Officer

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 12:07:27 pm »

Bellono started to pull the trigger, the jerk of the 7.92mm x 52mm mauser full length battle round was vicious and Bellono savored the recoil. The then began to pull the trigger in smooth swift fluid movements after about 30 seconds the entire 20 mag was empty and every round had been aimed with ruthless proficiency. 2 lieutenants, 3 seargeants and a number of gunners fell dead on the opposite deck... Bellono ducked behind the decks wall and pulled another mag out of his coat, snapped it into his weapon, he spotted Shreds looking in dismay at the assault rifle the gunner had been holding. "SENIORA!!" Bellono yelled over the din of battle around them.. He made gestures using his own rifle on how to put a magazine into the weapon and how to operate the bolt he couldn't show her how to aim or the finer points of the weapon from across the deck but he hoped she could see the basic functions and be able to help put some fire down
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:08:59 pm by Bellono » Logged
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 12:31:36 pm »

Shreds followed Bellono's gestured instructions as quickly as she could. Strangely enough she could see a certain logic to it.

So this goes here, and that clicks in... ahhh

Then she turned and fired. The recoil from the weapon drove the butt back into her shoulder, and she yelped in shock. She fired again. This time, a figure on one of the ships dropped.

Looking over in Bellono's direction she saw him give a thumbs up before letting rip a volley of shots.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 12:54:43 pm »

Bellono was enjoying the exchange of fire but wanted to hot things up he ran to the forward bow chaser Gatling gun disconnecting the automatic settings he had designed he manually operated the deadly .60 of an inch weapon and started to blow rather large holes in the surface of the ship opposite as well as churning some of the crew to smudges
RyRy
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 03:20:11 pm »

The door creaked with the utmost rudeness. The faint beeping grew much louder as the door revealed Harrison tapping away hoping to reach the waring ships.
Alex mustered a faint smile
"Tea?"
Harrison looked up, almost confused.
"If you sent out the messages a few times, surely someone noticed. Gunfire is plentiful, they probably don't care much for friendly convesation. That is, unless we're offering ourselves as an ally."
Harrison sighed. "You know, I will have that tea" he said, relaxing the tapping.
Alex pulled up a seat, caressing the steam with her hand, before gently blowing it away to cool it. She hovered the cup with the illusion of readying a sip, but just to blow it cooler.
"Ma'am!" Clint entered.
"Weapons have been distributed, and everyone is at post!"
The cup clanked on the saucer without even offering her lips a sip.
"Harrison, send out the message that the Spencer is offering it's interests with the pirates." Her eye cocked.

"Hoh? And I thought your intentions were to avoid waring." Clint challenged.
"We're pirates. We fly the jolly roger hororably. We are theives when we cross the rich, and assasains when we cross the powerful. We are coy when we cross the wise, and full of wraith when we face the weak. When we face the navy -- we are an enemy, and when we face the pirates let us be an ally!" She stopped herself amist raising her voice. Clint smiled, and clapped his hands together, folding his fingers between one another.

"Then let us fire, and be fired upon. We will stab and be stabbed. Ma'am, I  cannot wait." Clint smirked.

"S.S Spencer, to Unidentified Pirates. May we be your brothers in arm." Beeped Harrison over the radio.

Oh, I truely cannot wait. Clint relaxed, fixing his glasses with his middle and index finger.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »

Bellono was so busy with the fighting he didnt hear the radio buzzing... someone else would get it he was the master at arms on the Reckless Abandon his place was leading the fighting on the deck!!! "VAFANCULO!!" screamed Bellono as he sprayed death across the enemies bows
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 05:42:26 pm »

Shreds dropped her gun and grabbed the receiver.

"Come in, receiving you, over!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: