The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 09:05:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight For The Skies [Game Thread]  (Read 30500 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2009, 07:32:12 am »

"In to the clouds it is then."  Addy tapped her intentions to Val, Kylen and her crew.  The ships rose in to the banks of white above and went completely silent.  Addy felt taught as a wire as she watched the ships move below them on the pulse mapper.  So far they hadn't been spotted and she hoped to keep it that way.   

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Kylen Phylar
Officer

Zeppelins aren't the only Airships, ye know.

« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2009, 09:31:11 am »

Kylen sent the "Silent Run" signal to his own ship, causing them to go even higher, just incase, and in an attempt to make any signals they had look like one ship.

I am IM and PM Friendly! I like friends! Contact me!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2009, 11:11:53 pm »

The ships passed out of range without incident but Addy kept her ship quiet she did not trust this to be the last close call and she was right.  The unidentified ships doubled back and started heading straight for them.  Addy broke the silence for one urgent tapped word. "Faster"  If they could out run then before they were spotted they stood a chance,
Bellono
Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:27 am »

Bellono demonstrated a number of smooth movements and the locations around the body were to slash and stab.... he used his finger as an imaginary blade to demonstrate on Shreds the areas in the throat, armpit, stomach and thigh which were the main target areas

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
Plan_B
Officer

BadCompanyMatt
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2009, 06:27:49 am »

The lamp operator nodded a few times after watching the opposing zeppelin, then turned to the pipes.

"Captain Taylor, the bogey claims no hostile intent, and will have your party as guests, Sir."

Three decks below, Taylor sent receipt of the message and nodded to the boarding contingent of four Aeronauts. A mechanic spun a series of wheels, lowering a gangplank on the gundeck that fell flat, then extended out towards the ship, venting jets of steam.

"Thomson, bring her quarter-turn to boarding intercept!" Taylor shouted above the drone of the massive engines. A metallic echo of "Aye, Cap'n" reverberated through the tubes, and the HMAS Incorruptible slowly moved to intercept.

By the way, apologies for taking so long. Comcast, you foiled my plans yet again!

I daresay, is that the bastard offspring of a fishing reel and a difference engine?
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »

Kershaw strode out to the Herbstwind's gun deck, four soldiers in tow. The breeches of their rifles were open, the barrels dipped deferantially towards the deck. The grey gas masks the soldiers wore blended in with their grey flight suits. Grey, grey, grey. The Fleet's favourite colour - it was minimalist and efficient.

As the Incorruptible's gangplank scraped across the Herbstwind's deck, a pair of deckhands secured it. This close, the little scout ship was dwarfed by the British battleship. As he looked on, the hatch on the other end of the gangplank opened.

"Careful now, boys. Relaxed but assertive, that's what we need. Once he's on board, we'll all go to my quarters. I get the impression he might have some issues to air."

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
Plan_B
Officer

BadCompanyMatt
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2009, 01:49:20 am »

Damien watched in shaken wonder as Captain Taylor nodded to his entourage, and they slowly began to make their way across the wind-whipped gangplank. Taylor's stance was strong, determined, defiant against the wind, as the accompanying aeronauts held their rifles steady, pointing into the cloud-specked void below. Their light armor reflected brilliantly in the midday sun, glinting golden as they stepped aboard the smaller vessel. Damien kept the auto-rifle aimed at the ship's number 1 gasbag, watching the engagement between the two groups and hoping for the best.

Captain Taylor stepped off the gangplank and saluted the opposing entourage. "Captain, my name is Captain Elias Taylor, and on the behalf of Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, I request an audience with you in good faith."
Kylen Phylar
Officer

Zeppelins aren't the only Airships, ye know.

« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2009, 12:15:09 am »

(Bwah...I keep forgetting and coming back ^_^;;;Wink
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:16 pm »

Shreds copied Bellono's motions with her good hand, stepping up on tiptoes to reach his throat, thankful that her cheeks were already rosy from her exertions and the heat of the kitchen. Her blushes were, for once, hidden.

"How's that?"

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Bellono
Officer

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46:42 pm »

"Multo bene seniora, you learn quickly" he smiled and winked at her
mindofsteam
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:50 am »

the Grey Maiden dropped out of the clouds upon her intended prey the incorruptible starting up her music which caused terror to pirates and redcoats alike swinging her Tesla battery about.
"Fire!" declared Adrian graymane
In an instant the bridge of the incorruptible was turned into slag and ashes
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:10:00 am by mindofsteam » Logged

Mad you say. Why do you judge me as mad i just wanna conquer the world what's wrong with that
Plan_B
Officer

BadCompanyMatt
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2010, 05:17:44 pm »

A gout of flame erupted from the bridge of the Incorruptible, shortly followed by a shower of glass from the outgassing bridge windows. Deckhand Damien Price was thrown to the boards of the gangplank by the concussive force, and time seemed to slow as flaming chunks of metal and fabric showered the area around him like windwhipped fireflies, evil creatures as it were. A crewman he didn't recognize grasped his arm, and his terribly distorted and slowed voice commanded him to get up, to move. He shakily stood, like a newborn calf, and stumbled down the gangplank. He stumbled as a brass pipe twirled past him, turning end for end with blinding speed, and threw the man on his arm to the abyss below. He tripped, hitting deck again and regaining his footing. It was then he realized that the gangplank was listing at an ever-increasing angle, as if the flaming wreckage behind him were trying desperately to pull him back, to devour him.
  Adrenaline claimed his control as he scrambled to his feet, the world rapidly regaining the correct speed, and he bolted down the gangplank, ever closer to the ship still intact, and watched as the weight of what was once the Incorruptible began to pull the Herbstwind to port, listing her before the gangplank ripped from it's moorings with a sickening crack. Damien leapt as the gap widened, his forearms catching the oak deck of the Herbstwind, and he scrambled for purchase, desperate to stay aloft. A hand clasped his, then another, pulling him aboard. Damien turned in a panic, watching the flaming wreckage of his assigned ship descent for the last time, carrying all crew but himself, the Captain, and four shocked Aeronauts to dig their own graves. He stared into the abyss, shocked, and suddenly grasped one of the Aeronaut's rifles, wresting it from his grasp and screaming bloody murder as he emptied the clip into the aggressor, to little avail.
  Taylor stared with an intensely neutral expression, placing a hand on Damien's shoulder and saying in a soft tone no crewman had ever heard before "She's gone, lad. Let her go."
  "But....but Sir..."
  Taylor suddenly spun, his eyes afire, and he stared directly at the Captain. "Captain, we are now at your disposal. Please, avenge my ship."
mindofsteam
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:13 am »

eve let out a gasp at the sudden destruction of the british ship turning around from her communications position then she saw the unbelievable her captain no her brother was actually smiling now she knew he had gone off the deep end now she slowly twisted back to her station looking out the window to look at the falling airship. suddenly there was a bang and she was knocked out cold. she slowly awoke in the medical bay with a sharp ringing in her ears the medic seeming to have come out of nowhere or from behind the curtain she couldn`t be sure
``ow my skull .``she complained before graceful darkness surrounded her again
Eve slowly awoke much to her distaste to see one of the nurses cleaning up an unusualy large amount of dried blood off of a stand
wait a minute a nurse. she thought to herself
where am i? she asked her voice sounding surprisingly weak
the nurse looked to her an expression of surprise on her face
what? ,eve asked while sitting up, am i in a hospital on the ground or not.
o-on the ground the nurse managed to stammer out
good ,eve said, well than i am leaving.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:12:01 pm by mindofsteam » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: