The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 04:57:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight For The Skies [Game Thread]  (Read 30336 times)
Bellono
Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Blades, fists, guns, bow if its a weapon il use it

« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2008, 02:50:16 pm »

Bellono laughed, charmed it had been a long time since someone had hugged him like that... "Well piccolo seniora, i shall show you how to throw a punch...." Staggering to his feet he assumed a perfect boxing position with his left leg leading and his right a shoulders distence to the rear.. "You place feet like this si..??" He then demonstrated a powerful right cross and put his hand through an open press door... "Oops" though his position was perfect he had misjudged the distance to the door and ruined another piece of furniture
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:57:47 pm by Bellono » Logged

"they use a gang you use a knife, they use a knife you use a bat, they use a bat you use a gun, they use a gun you use some artillery!" Sargent Chiaves Bellono, 3rd Italian Air fleet addressing raw recruits to the Alpini Para regiment
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »

Shreds laughed and copied his stance. She didn't really know what she was doing, but that didn't stop her giving it a pretty good shot. Unlike Bellono she hit empty air, lost her balance and fell over on her bottom.

"Ow!" she laughed, staggering to her feet and trying again.

Havoc for Hire!

"RUN! THEY'RE FIRING POLICEMEN!"

Mending is better than ending, no matter what Aldous Huxley might think Wink
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2008, 12:34:50 am »

Bellono stood beside her and did the motions at her speed so she could observe him and copy him as she steadily perfected the technique
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2008, 01:06:14 am »

Shreds was starting to sober up a little, and steadily getting the hang of this punching business. She laughed and stopped for breath, leaning up against the doorpost.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2008, 01:10:26 am »

Bellono put a powerful hand on her shoulder smiling "Well done seniora, your getting it thats quiet a right hand you've got"
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2008, 01:17:04 am »

Shreds smiled up at him, before quickly glancing down at her work-callused hands.

"It's all the deck work."
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2008, 01:57:02 am »

Bellono laughed "Ah its no harm, well it would be if you landed a blow like that to a mans jaw.. hehe they are lovely hands none the less" He took a step back he remembered he had magazines to refile with fresh rounds, the alchoal was wearing off and he remembered that his business was death... he did it well and had to live with that, "I should get back to my armoury seniora, grazi milla for the drink" he shyly moved passed her to the door
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2008, 02:01:04 am »

"'Night!" Shreds chirped, watching him leave. Then she opened and drained her vial of Dr. Hammon's Patented Hangover Preventor, kicked off her shoes, changed into a nightshirt and climbed into her bunk, wondering why she was suddenly so annoyed. Luckily for her, she was still drunk enough that sleep came quickly.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2008, 02:28:26 am »

Bellono got into his armory and collapsed into his bunk, he pulled an number of different caliber ammo boxes off the shelf beside the bed and started to bomb up the 16 empty mags for his variety of weapons... The little seniora was a ray of sunshine on the otherwise quite gloomy ship. She distracted Bellono from the past long enough to enjoy a few moments in the present
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:37:32 pm by Bellono » Logged
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:57 am »

Shreds woke up the next morning, and almost immediately regretted it. Not that she was hungover, but her mouth was dry and foul tasting - a side effect of the hangover remedy she'd taken. Ignoring the snores of her cabin mates, she dressed, strapped up her arm and wandered down to the galley in search of breakfast.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2008, 12:36:10 pm »

Bellono woke up, mercifully the alcohol had ensured the nightmares of his past stayed away... however now he had the headache of a lifetime to deal with... Ah a small price for a peaceful nights sleep... He wandered out of the armoury and down to the galley.. it was time for some breakfest he felt like bacon a rich fry up would go nicely. As he walked in he say shreds settling in already "Bonjurno seniora, come stai?"
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2008, 04:23:15 pm »

"Good morning, Chiaves. I'm quite well, thank you. Care for a fry-up? I ran down to the market and bought food, we have sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, bread and butter. And eggs, of course. I couldn't find any tea, so I made some coffee."

Shreds indicated the large basket of food on the galley counter, and oiled a pan. The coffee maker gave off an enticing aroma - Shreds rarely drank the stuff, but when she did, she used the best beans she could afford, and ground them herself.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »

Bellono took in the sight of the food "Grazi seniora a fry would be most welcome" He sat rubbing his throbbing temples, he was not a big fan of coffee but the little lady had put alot into the preperations so he gratefully accepted
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2009, 10:27:07 pm »

Shreds slid a plate piled high with fried food over towards Bellono, and poured herself another cup of coffee.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2009, 12:45:25 am »

Bellono tucked in heartily and looked up from his breakfest "Excellenta seniora grazi.... grazi milla... so seniora do you remember my lesson yesterday on punch throwing"
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:04 am »

Shreds grinned a lopsided grin, squared off and punched straight from the hip, pulling back sharply so as to avoid hitting the hungover Italian's stomach. Her knuckles brushed lightly off his shirt as she pulled the blow.

"I think so. What do you reckon?" she asked in her usual calm way.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2009, 07:04:57 pm »

"Very impressive Seniora!!" Bellono was impressed genuwinely she had improved overnight it seemed she was a natural
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:56 pm »

"I think being sober helps," Shreds muttered, blushing. She continued frying up breakfast food, dishing it up to the crew members that had woken up to the smell of cooking. Secretly she was very pleased. The diminutive seamstress was probably the least dangerous person on the Reckless Abandon, and in previous attacks on the ship this had been played upon. Usually Shreds had been helped out by crewmates, and once or twice by her own quick thinking, but she still had a horror of being caught on her own and outnumbered.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2009, 11:20:48 pm »

Bellono grinned finished his breakfest... he leaned back in the chair "Seniora learning to use some other trinkits help" His hand lashed out and i knife wedged in the wall by shreds head "This is a handy tool to know how to use also... care for another lesson!!"
ShredsnPatches
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »

"EEEP!!! Yes, that'd be good!" Shreds yelped.
Bellono
Officer

« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2009, 12:08:43 am »

Bellono stood drawing a small dagger with a 5 inch blade.... it was double edged and the front was pointed leading into a larger bass as if to seperate bone on entry "THis is a good weapon for anybody if you know how to use it... size and strength count for little in a knife fight but speed and accurace are everything"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2009, 07:45:26 am »

Addy had abandoned her normal post on the bridge opting instead to stay close by the readout of the pulse mapper.  She was almost relieved to see unknown ships approaching, things wouldn't be real if they got to the base without any trouble. Addy used the phantom radio hoping it worked as well as the mapper.  "Kylan, Val It looks like a border patrol is up ahead.  We can either hide or try and take them out before they spot us but either way this close to the base we risk calling the entire fleet down on our heads.  And we had better choose soon because they are moving fast." 

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Kylen Phylar
Officer

Zeppelins aren't the only Airships, ye know.

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2009, 10:44:36 pm »

"I suggest a sneaky approach here. Lets go upwards farther, into the clouds. That way it's harder for them to find us." Kylen replied to her, nodding to himself.

I am IM and PM Friendly! I like friends! Contact me!
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:09 pm »

Captain Jonas Taylor circled the round map table on the bridge of the Incorruptible, his fingertips tracing along the brass collision railing. Beads of pensive sweat hung on his forehead, and he stopped in his stride, looking out through the wide, outward-angled viewing glass to the other ship. He placed a rolled tobacco cigarette between his lips and lit it with a match, taking a puff of the aromatic fumes and sighing. Turning to his communications officer, he nodded, following up with his orders. "Leftenant, send the following. 'Unidentified airship, we confirm that you are standing down and will follow suit. Our gunners will, however, remain on station for security measures. We accept your proposition to negotiate, and will send Incorruptible Actual to speak with your Captain. Prepare to receive boarders and signal when ready."

Upon confirmation of the sent message, Taylor motioned to his bodyguard and strode from the bridge, heading towards the deck with anticipation. His path took him across the gun deck, and past Damien. He paused for a moment, looked the young deckhand in the eyes, and smiled ever so slightly. "Deckhand Price, the ship is yours until I return. Keep her well."

As the Captain moved on towards the docking gantry, Damien shook his head as if to clear it of unwanted thoughts. He rushed to the bridge, tripping over a step or two, and muttering to himself how odd the situation had become.

Kershaw's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Signal the British ship, tell them that I'll gladly recieve their captain and his esteemed gentlemen as my guests, and that they'll be treated in the most courteous manner. I only regret that I cannot offer then some wine."

"We're being BOARDED?" he thought, "By the BRITISH! How in God's name did this happen?"

Elsewhere...

An officer called out news. Suspicious news.

"Captain, sir. The ÆDAR contact's ascending."

Captain Zufar stroked his chin. Odd.

"Monitor them. Let me know when they level out. Otherwise, don't let them know we've noticed them. Don't even try and communicate with them, keep it all on the secure band. When we pass under them, I'll send a ship up."

Zufar had every intention of sending one of the Fleet's older ships to inspect the suspicious contact - his own was brand-new, and state of-the-art.

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
Kylen Phylar
Officer

Zeppelins aren't the only Airships, ye know.

« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2009, 07:09:34 am »

(Umm..if yer talking about the SHIPS that Ky and Addy are on, we haven't done a damned thing yet >> )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: