The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2017, 02:03:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gadgeteer  (Read 854 times)
Affian
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Steam.

« on: April 02, 2008, 07:57:47 am »

I'm idea trawling for a class in a text RPG I'm working on

The class as noted in the topic title is a Gadgeteer, With my class system each class get a set of core skills plus training in a chosen aspect. At the moment the two aspects of the Gadgeteer are: Automation, Creating little clockwork minions and Augmentation modifying things like weapons and armour to make them "better".

I'm interested in ideas for skills, discriptions and any other thoughts you may have Smiley

Baron Nicodemus Ainsworth
ÆON
elShoggotho
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:04:27 am »

Gadgeteer might be the only one - except dwarves, in a fantasy setting - to actually use black powder based weapons. Maybe an omnigun, like Wizardry 8's gadgeteer, which is a basic firearm at the beginning, but becomes more and more of a device capable of firing everything loaded into it while using attachments like the magnesium flash unit (to blind and/or stun the enemy), the looking glass (for better aiming), the pressure chamber (for an extra boost of firepower) and so on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: