The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 07:16:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV show about ancient computers on History Channel tonight @ 9pm  (Read 1206 times)
Jake of All Trades
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Brass addict, inventor, and scoundrel with a heart

« on: March 21, 2007, 12:40:54 am »

For those of you who have access to The History Channel, you might be interested in this week's episode of Ancient Discoveries.  Though the main subject of the show appears to be the Antikythera mechanism, I did see several shots of Babbage's engine and some other brassy mechanisms in the commercial.  I, for one, cannot wait!

The Ancient Discoveries series is absolutely tops--both in subject matter and in general quality.  I highly recommend it to any fan of things anachronistic.  "Anachro" doesn't necessarily mean "fiction"!

Read more about the series here.

"...it's a form of fiction, and as such, while there may be times when it's considered a worthy vehicle for pointing out some of society and individual flaws - I still want a side that will let there be lighthearted adventures in the clouds, on mars, or under the sea."
--Tinkergirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: