The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 06:26:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Horizons, Abney Parks New Album - Hear the whole thing right now!  (Read 10601 times)
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2008, 01:58:51 pm »

i received mine yesterday with a signed sticker even Cheesy awesome tunes.... *bliss in music form*

mythdude
Officer

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:41 pm »

Got mine today...truly an excellent piece of work.  I really like Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll and Post Apocalyptic Punk...but the whole thing is very very good. 

Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.
Sigmund Freud
Klockwork Kobbler
Gunner

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2008, 07:49:40 pm »

has anyone bought one of the flight helmets from abney park's website?
what do you think of it?

"Our airships will blot out the sun as to a cloud!"
"Then we shall take tea in the shade."
http://bolter.blog.com/ <-- my personal prop blog.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:29 am »

Just ordered my copy of Lost Horizons after listing to the sample music box thing for far too long.  Can't wait until it gets here.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Jarret
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2008, 12:43:42 am »

Airship Pirates, Dark & Twisty Road, Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll, and Punk are my favorites on there.

To Robert: How are you all doing in the popularity realm? Consistently rising CD sales, performance venues, etc.? Just wondering. We're all on your side 100% of the way there, my friend.
Head Wreck
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2008, 01:05:44 am »

recieved today.

they just keep getting better.

send my thanks and regards to the crew and deckhands

FREE TIBET*

*with purchase of Tibet of greater or equal value
macmangan
Snr. Officer

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2008, 01:37:02 am »

Mine came in the mail today, along with the fantastic signed poster.  Simply a great album.  Incredibly bummed I missed the show in La just a bit ago.
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 10:53:03 pm »

I still haven't recieved mine, ordered on the second of March, march is almost up, this is getting stupid...

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2008, 11:20:17 pm »

I got mine today with a sticker I wasn't expecting.  Now I have a dilemma do I take the sticker off the signed  backing or do I find some way to display both halves at once.  This just what I needed to improve a gloomy monday.
Tiny5th
Snr. Officer

Captain of the H.M.S. Venerable

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2008, 11:24:25 pm »

still no sign of mine Sad

Inventing is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2008, 01:21:48 am »

I highly reconmend e-mailing abneypark@abneypark.com  (believe it or not it gets read!!)

After waiting 3 weeks I sent an e-mail with my pay pal tranaction number and a copy and paste of the order as it was listed in pay pal.  In about 3 days I got a responce from Kristina (the keyboardist) and she said she had mailed it and it got lost in the mail.  she sent out a second one and I got it 2 days after the responce from her. 

so I got my stuff!!   Thanks Kristina!
The Nowhere Man
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2008, 07:14:05 am »

My four CDs and my t-shirt arrived yesterday - excellent stuff! For the new album in particular, my favourites are Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll and Post-Apocalypse Punk, although the whole thing is fantastic. Right now I'm listening to Taxidermy, though.

I think I shall have to order the signed poster and a dog-tag as well, once my bank account has recovered from all the binge-buying I did over the Easter break (none of which included chocolate, hmm...).
cybele13
Snr. Officer

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2008, 04:50:18 pm »

I'm babysitting my 5-year-old nephew this week and I already have him singing along to Airship Pirate.

I'll have the kid fully steamed by the time his parents come home!

*Edit because I momentarily forgot good grammar*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:31:04 am by cybele13 » Logged

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!"  ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Kuma
Gunner

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2008, 06:40:42 am »

I'm babysitting my 5-year-old nephew this week and I already having him singing along to Airship Pirate.

I'll have the kid fully steamed by the time his parents come home!

Steampunks... influencing Americas youth since 1889
Tiny5th
Snr. Officer

Captain of the H.M.S. Venerable

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 11:06:34 pm »

o yush i meant to say *has been to busy burning in his new discs*

my order arrived earlier this week and im loving it so much, lost horizons is definitely the best album so far, and my favorites would be airship pirate, post apocalypse punk, and sleep isabella.

i also lent it to my friend who has been listening to it while he works, at which point he is now hooked too.

he especially liked airship pirate and also the bonus song, and was wondering if you had the lyrics to it?
The Nowhere Man
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2008, 03:25:37 am »

Indeed, an update to the entire lyrics section of the site would be much welcomed Wink. I did see the lyrics for Airship Pirate earlier in the thread, though.
Oniichan
Snr. Officer

greylikestorms
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2008, 07:50:55 am »

Stumbled onto this thread just a few ticks of the clock ago - and now I'm thoroughly hooked.  Thanks a lot!   Grin  As soon as I have disposable cash reserves again I'll have to order myself some of those lovely cds... The Vault is tempting, but I like the feel of an actual cd in hand.  Plus, you get all the cool artwork that way! 

Gradual change, we can believe in.

greyedout.etsy.com
The Nowhere Man
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:04 am »

My thoughts exactly, Oniichan - I ordered all four CDs from way out here and waited longer than a month for them to arrive (partly due to the day I ordered them and Easter being right in the middle, I think), but it was well worth it!
AetherVoid
Deck Hand

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2008, 05:16:59 pm »

Lost Horizons . . . good album . . except for "She" . . I think my cd is broken . .  It plays slow and his voice drags low like a sunfaded and warped cassette tape. . .

Where are the lyrics to these songs . .  I cannot tell what the hell he is saying in a few of those songs.

The distant baying of a hound, calling to faraway, friendly, and familiar places, provides the most beautiful proof of the immortality of the soul.
Søren Kierkegaard
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »

Hey all you post apocalyptic punks!!!! The whole album is now up on iTunes!!!!!

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
Klynt Mahryd
Zeppelin Admiral

Wanted for Piracy of the Skies and Wanton Mischief

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2008, 10:10:02 pm »

Hey all you post apocalyptic punks!!!! The whole album is now up on iTunes!!!!!

Ah, good, I have some money leftover from a few giftcards, maybe I'll check it out.  Smiley
dj_infam0us
Deck Hand

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2008, 06:19:39 pm »

thank you!

I'm always surprised when people say Downtrodden. That song is so depressing, I resisted releasingly it for three albums. Originally it was for "From Dreams Or Angels"

Yeah, I believe that was pretty much the response you gave me when I said it was my favorite.

LOL

I adore that song. It's not another soulless "poor me" track. It has real dark soul.

which is why I am entirely addicted to it.

RF08: Arsenic & Gears (A Post Apocalyptic Steampunk Fantasy)
July 11th - 12th
Lineup:
Abney Park, Vernian Process, Voltaire, & the Ghosts Project
DJs: EternalDarkness, Genesis, Fact.50, Chaoskittyextreme, & Infam0us
Oniichan
Snr. Officer

greylikestorms
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »

Downloaded and currently listening. 

It's nice to have the full album at hand, instead of just the short samples in the website.   Grin
Heldelance
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2008, 05:03:03 am »

New guy here, just noticed this stuff. AWETASTIC is all I can say.
Waiting for my next paycheck, probably going to order this ASAP. (Well if my friend still has his card ready)
GloomPixie
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2008, 01:38:30 am »

I recieved my copy of Lost Horizons yesterday, as I was giving up hope that the post would surrender my property unto me (we have had problems in the past with recalcitrant mailcarriers).  I have not stopped listening to it so long as I had the ability to have it playing or consciousness to hear. 

"I Am Stretched On Your Grave" has me wondering if these worthies would consider covering "The Long Black Veil" as well...  Similarly-themed songs (dead lover, etc), and I think the Captain's voice and the crew's collective musical brilliance would work their magic on another traditional -and tragic- ballad.

I am also tickled to no end by the autographed sticker and in a bit of a tizzy as to what to do with it (besides NOT LOSE IT). 

What exactly is an anacropolgist, by the by, in case I am asked?  An official definition would be lovely, especially since what I think it is may not be truth.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: