The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 11:40:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd...  (Read 16505 times)
the Hat
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2008, 04:39:42 pm »

Good Morning all my fellow Sweeney fans! I am quite sure by now that you all know the DVD comes out on April Fools Day. But I have some new news about the special two disc edition and the HI DEF edition:

1) Sadly, since Parasonic has decided to stop making HI DEF, and BLUE RAY has won the fight, all hi def DVD are now being released by Sony. However, the production companies slated to release The Demon Barber of Fleet Street were affiliated with Parasonic. Guess what that means folks..... no HI DEF Sweeney.  Cry Not forever, just not when the regular DVDs come out on the first.

2) But to make up for this tremendous failure, there will be, count them here, FIVE, that's right, FIVE different versions of the Sweeney two disc special edition DVD. Here are the details:

If you buy from:

- Best Buy – You get a free movie ticket to “The Ruins” when you purchase Sweeney Todd

- Suncoast and FYE – Limited edition steel book packaging (see attached image)

- Costco – Exclusively at Costco, the Sweeney Todd Fleet Street Giftset includes the 2 Disc Special Edition DVD and the lavish, hardcover official companion book. With a forward by Tim Burton, the book includes over 200 photos, concept drawings and production designs, extracts from the screenplay and interviews with the cast including Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

- Borders – on-packed with every DVD is the abridged version of the official Sweeney Todd Companion book which has really cool behind the scenes shots from the film and more.

-Then of course the regular two disc edition you can buy everywhere else.

You decide which deal is best for you. Personally, since I don't go to the theater that often, and since I don't have a membership to costco, I'll be going for the Borders deal! The steel book would be cool, but just to look at. I think a behind the scenes books would be super cool.

Cheers!
The Hat
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:33:03 pm by the Hat » Logged

"Yes, ban people, the way of the future!" -Captain Minty Gearhertz
GabrielCrimson
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Algernon Drakenbelly II

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2008, 04:43:41 pm »

i'd advise you not to buy any of the above Grin i'm far from being an advocate of the movie.
Doctor Trakov
Officer

Admiral of the 14th Belogravian Airship Navy

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2008, 06:19:09 pm »

School musical was awesome.
There was an article in the daily mail.
Prof. Friedrich VonHart, PhD
Zeppelin Captain

The clockwork crusader of truth

« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:39 pm »

- Costco – Exclusively at Costco, the Sweeney Todd Fleet Street Giftset includes the 2 Disc Special Edition DVD and the lavish, hardcover official companion book. With a forward by Tim Burton, the book includes over 200 photos, concept drawings and production designs, extracts from the screenplay and interviews with the cast including Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. (see attached image)

I see no attached images

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:54:00 pm by Prof. Friedrich VonHart, PhD » Logged

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company, and reflection must finish him."
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2008, 09:32:31 pm »

- Costco – Exclusively at Costco, the Sweeney Todd Fleet Street Giftset includes the 2 Disc Special Edition DVD and the lavish, hardcover official companion book. With a forward by Tim Burton, the book includes over 200 photos, concept drawings and production designs, extracts from the screenplay and interviews with the cast including Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. (see attached image)

I see on attached images

Sorry, I copied and pasted it from one of the sites that was promoting the film. I looked for the attached image, and then it asked for a password. Sorry, I fixed the text now.
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2008, 09:34:11 pm »

Could you provide a link to the article?
Doctor Trakov
Officer

Admiral of the 14th Belogravian Airship Navy

« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2008, 09:42:05 pm »

Could you provide a link to the article?
I'll try to.
I think Hull daily mail has an online service, or at least I hope so.
EDIT:
Nope, they only do headlines. I'll try and get the clipping off mr wood.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:45:24 pm by Doctor Trakov » Logged
the Hat
Snr. Officer

Vagabond and Raconteur

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2008, 02:08:18 pm »

Tomorrow is the day. I'm going mad just thinking about it!  Tongue
5tephe
Gunner
Australia Australia

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2008, 02:35:53 am »

Hello all!

Sorry to revive the thread, but if there are any Australians out there, then stop past your Local K-Mart: my wife and I just picked up this (along with 2 other movies, for a total of $20!)

<em>One is all for religion until one visits a really religious country. Then, one is all for drains, machinery and a minimum wage.</em>
-Aldous Huxley
SalieriAAX
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2008, 02:42:03 am »

Or watch the whole thing on youtube

None so knowing as he
At brewing a jorum of tea
Haha Haha
A pretty stiff jorum of tea
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print