The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 12:19:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archived: Brass Goggles (Neutral)  (Read 6842 times)
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« on: March 15, 2007, 12:20:15 am »

The purpose of this thread is to give those not privy to the doings of any of the councils a chance to interact in a civilized setting. What is the Brass Goggle? Why...its a gentlemen's club of course. What does it look like. Nothing overly fanciful, just think of a victorian style home, now turn it into a public gathering place(long and short I don't know either!).

And for those that wish to do violence unto each other there will be none of that here and punishment will be meted out swiftly and, potentially, terminally for the offending parties.

[Tinkergirl edit: Corrected the spelling in the title.]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:29:03 pm by Dohickey » Logged

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
phineas sheridan
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:57:33 am »

this is the most admirable (humane) post i've yet seen
a most interesting idea
i will post here regularly

d

"It's all about the top-hats and goggles"~Jake Von Slatt
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:59:51 am »

BAHHH,
Who needs to be humane anyway Cheesy

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 02:01:26 am »

If that is your attitude Mr. Shank there is little i can do for you other than advise that you remain civil under this roof. Barring that I insist on directing you to the nearest door and ask that you be on your way.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:07:28 am »

Please see my parent post on the whole Council Wars idea..
This Brass Goggles thred is the perfect example of what would be a neutral zone..

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 02:54:10 am »

Now then. Pull up a chair, have a cigar(freshly imported, one of the perks of having friends with a few airship captains). Now then I have other matters to conduct but I do plan on returning, perhaps wit ha story or two to tell. I simply hope those that stop here have the same.
Lexiphanic
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:46:19 am »

Any chance of changing the thread title to "Brass Goggles (neutral)"?
Neuter means something entirely unpleasant and not befitting a gentlemen's club.
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 02:19:42 pm »

Indeed, Mr Lazarus, you have turned our grand idea into a grand thread! Here, here!

Fueled by coffee, powered by steam
Scientist, philosopher, photographer, writer
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:42:53 am »

While under this roof,
I pledge upon my sword that I will be civil and humane.

With my Sword,
Upon my Dirigble,
Mr. Shank
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:12:49 am »

Indeed Sir, Thank you for your compliance. This place, as conceptually created by myself, Lazarus, and Lasairfion. It shall be a location neutrality amongst the madness.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:59:14 am by MrFats » Logged
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 02:20:53 pm »

OBSCURE shall frequent and observe this place.
CapnHarlock
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 05:35:35 am »

I say, Mr. Lazaras, this does seem an exceptionally good spot to sit and have a smoke and a tipple....
Such excellent workmanship in the decor....
One might make the acquaintance of the most Extraordinary folk here.....

I shall leave my calling card and formally request a Club membership, as I do need to get out more.

Jeremiah Cornelius Harlock
At Your Service

"It's so hard to know if you're bound for a fall,
But better to have tripped than never danced at all."
"Dancing Under The Rose" - The Albion Band.
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 05:48:21 am »

Indeed, Sir Lazarus, what  shall be used for the membership? Perhaps some sort of card? Or a pin (grins mischievously).
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 05:07:33 pm »

Whatever the form of proof of membership may be. I would request one immediately.

Tip o' the hat,
Sir Francis Miller
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 07:02:49 pm »

Well, we shall wait till Sir Lazarus informs me of what it shall be.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 07:40:24 pm »

A messenger-boy runs down from the radio room to where Octavius is sitting and hands him a freshly typed sheet.

'Business has dictated that I be elsewhere for the time being. If anyone needs to know what                           
     this establishment's sign is tell them that is why I am absent. Also if a dark skinned woman asks
     please tell her I was never here. A charming woman, but a dangerous one.'

(as a note yes i know telegrams of the Victorian era didn't have any way to differentiate capitol lettering and punctuation. however as modern morse code does, I'm going with that instead. Leaves things easier to read.)
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 03:27:24 am »

Thank you my boy. Here, something for you (throws boy a coin). Now, I have constructed some cards, made out of bronze with an engraving. Here, is your membership "card", Mr Shanks.

All those who wish to have one, and do not wish to post erroneously to this thread, may send me a private message me, and I shall construct you a card, straight away. Save them somewhere safe, for they are your only access to this Club.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:51:45 am by MrFats » Logged
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

A Most Improper Victorian Lady

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:16 pm »

*barges in through the front door, wearing elements of her old military uniform*

Lazaras, I see you've decided to call Brass Goggles a gentleman's club, but if you don't a lady such as myself join, you will feel the wrath of a P.I.R.A.T.E.S member! Now, what do you say? May I be included, or would you rather conduct your gentleman's club in the smoldering remains of the building once I'm done with it?
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 11:11:39 pm »

At the sound of the lady's threat several 'decorative' suits of armor step out of the wall niches they were decorating and aim muskets at the woman. Each one speaks from somewhere within their closed helmets. "Any threat of violence against this establishment will be met in kind." In unison they cock their weapons. Just then a liveried servent rushes in. "Ma'am, the clockworks are very sensitive where threats are concerned! We don't have any rules against women....but PLEASE for your own safety withdraw your threat." He rushed forward in attempt to stand between the 'guest' and the automita's line of fire.
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 11:49:37 pm »

Well I'm glad to hear it. I hereby seek membership in your club and promise not to pillage it or rape the automatia. Even P.I.R.A.T.E.S have a sense of boundaries.

*watches the mechanical men withdraw to their places*

I say, all that excitement has me parched. Is there a tea kettle available?
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 11:58:20 pm »

After a moment of quick gesturing by the boy(who just so happened to be the same boy that had handled the telegram earlier) and a serving lady showed Adrianna to the first floor sitting room. "Standard inclusion is free save for cost of food or materials. Inclusion," She seemed ot put special emphasis on the word, "Costs ten pounds a month and grants access to the basement workroom as well as any of our overnight rooms. Magnum costs thirty pounds a month and gives you a discount on meals. Will the lady take suger with her tea?"
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 02:02:32 am »

After a moment of quick gesturing by the boy(who just so happened to be the same boy that had handled the telegram earlier) and a serving lady showed Adrianna to the first floor sitting room. "Standard inclusion is free save for cost of food or materials. Inclusion," She seemed ot put special emphasis on the word, "Costs ten pounds a month and grants access to the basement workroom as well as any of our overnight rooms. Magnum costs thirty pounds a month and gives you a discount on meals. Will the lady take suger with her tea?"

I'll have honey if you've got it. *Adrianna passes ten pounds to the woman, plus some for the tea* I think standard is good enough for now, thank you.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 02:11:42 am »

She tucked the money into a change belt, gave a short bow, and left to fetch both tea and honey.When the serving lady returned she carried a small porcelain tea pot, cups, as well as a tiny pitcher for honey. In addition to these things there was a small card on the tray. On the side of this card was the outline of a cog with two wrenches crossed in black ink. On the inside was a short note.

'My staff was instructed to give this card to any who has a reputation for knowing how to aquire things. I do not know who will read this so I do not feel comfortable with going into specifics. However I would like a meeting if at all possible. If I am not on the premesis leave a message with James, our wireless operator and I will send a reply as soon as time allows.

Enjoy your stay.
-Lazaras'
MrFats
Snr. Officer

Heretic Chronogadgeteer

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 02:25:48 am »

(A young gent, cloaked in black, save for a brown bowler approaches Col. Adriana Hazard, handing her a message)

The message reads

Dear Sir or Madam, thank you for your interest in our club. Enclosed you shall find a card, which is your only guaranteed entry to this facility. Please keep it on hand when planning to rest here. I thank you for your time and patronage. Normally, I would be around to hand this to you personally, but resupplying requires my presence elsewhere.

Sincerely,
                                                                                Octavius M. Granville

(The gent turns, heads out.)

phineas sheridan
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 03:13:11 am »

cards are most ornamental and beautiful, if i say so myself

might i inquire as how to acquire one without being affiliated to a council?
many thanks

d
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: