The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 02:17:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutral Council Chambers  (Read 3906 times)
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Airship Pirate

« on: March 14, 2007, 11:36:05 pm »

In the interests of pursuing inter-council business, I would like to offer a meeting place where meetings and discussion may be conducted amongst all councils, without the necessity of securing a neutral location at every occasion.
One of our ships, the Right Bastard has been disarmed and decommissioned from our fleet, and we have rechristened her the Political Expedient and parked her for the time being in the neutral airspace of the Imperial Duchy of McIntyre.
I would invite all councils to send a party aboard to confirm the disarming of the vessel, and each to post a small permanent contingent thereon to insure neutrality.
(This way, theres a neutral thread that all councils should be aware of, so that messages of great import to all are less likely to go unnoticed in the individual council threads, and those same threads can be more dedicated to internal discussions.)

The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds.
 - Theo Jansen
Andy_W
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:51 pm »

A multi council protection force may be required?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:45:30 pm by Dohickey » Logged
Adml. Etherington
Snr. Officer

Airship Pirate

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:48:50 pm »

As I stated, each council is invited to establish a presence onboard. I suppose rules should be set. Perhaps each contingent shall consist of no more than 24 persons, a maximum of 16 of which may be under arms. This force is to be tasked with maintaining neutrality, NOT to act as aggressors on board the Political Expedient
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:52:13 pm »

I commend this decision, and to whit, I will dispatch a senior vassal-henchman from the League, accompanied by a small entourage of clerical and legal staff.  Senior Henchman Valegorian will have discretion to speak on my behalf for most matters.
 In a gesture of good will, I hereby gift all diplomatic staff with Aetheric Insponders to enable instantaneous communications with their
Councils. These will arrive with Valegorian, and will be made available. I pledge upon my ancestors and all that I hold hloy, that these self-same Transponders will be delivered in Aether-tuned sets, and will allow for secure communications. Even the League, once these Aether Transponders are in the hands of the recipients will not be able to intercept communications.
  Senior Henchman Valegorian and entourage will be dispatched with all due haste aboard the Scout Dirigible "Swiftsure".  Know that this vessel, while armed , will travel under my surety of peace-bond, and therefore a guarantee of safe passage is requested.

By my hand, this day, aboard Leviathan

Ishmael

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:58:06 pm »

A multi council protection force may be required?

If so desired, I will provide, under surety of peace-bond, a force of League Henchmen, as Officers of the Peace.
 Should it so be desired, I will outfit their equipage to include weapons of non-lethality. The League posesses
Aetheric Incapacitation Arms, that while not a killing weapon, are effective in the utmost at rendering adversarsies
hors de combat.

By my hand, this day, aboard Leviathan
Ishmael
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:12:25 am »

The OBSCURE welcome this initiative and shall elect a Representative to this body within due time. 
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 12:24:24 am »

I believe we should put together a force of Peace Holders, as our good friend HAC mentioned. But i believe we will need multiple guards from Each council aboard, as a precautioning measure. I believe I can spare a few good guards from my ship, The Vigilant Eye as to add to the forces of The existing Officers of the Peace, granted to us by HAC.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
IceSixxx
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »

I present myself, IceSixxx, Elder Member of the O.B.C.U.R.E. Council, representant to the Neutral Council Chambers.

I salute all others delegations and wishes the bests resolutions for this newly alliance of peace.

May we quickly found an assembly!

I look forward to hearing from you, Gentlemen.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:47:00 am »

And I, From you.

Is this just me, or do we have to threads like this now?
Brass Goggles(neutral) and this one?
Or is Brass Goggles an actuall council?

Luminous Grey
Gunner

The sky outside is...

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 05:23:38 am »

I believe Brass Goggles exists as a non-council, a place for those who are not yet affiliated with an established group, or do not plan to be.

Neutral Council Chambers are here as a place for council members from opposing councils to have civilised exchanges with one another, without fear of conflict.

Am I wrong on this?

So I like to get high off the dust on the 170-year-old books in the library. What of it?
Proud Member of P.I.R.A.T.E.S.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 02:47:39 pm »

I believe Brass Goggles exists as a non-council, a place for those who are not yet affiliated with an established group, or do not plan to be.

Neutral Council Chambers are here as a place for council members from opposing councils to have civilised exchanges with one another, without fear of conflict.

Am I wrong on this?

Ahh thank you.
I do believe that you are right on that.
I had to re read the beginning posts, but I think I have it.

Tip o' the hat to ya.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: