The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 04:31:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Magazine!  (Read 1892 times)
The Infernal Mr Adams
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

A Weird Westerner, His Own Damn Self

« on: March 14, 2007, 11:03:17 am »

Mr VonSlatt, I know you're involved.....I'm not sure who else on this site is, but I just wanted to tell everyone what a great job they did, considering thats its an independant effort, its EXTREMELY professional and endlessly fascinating.

I was just rereading issue 1 today and wanted to give everyone a much deserved "Shout Out"

Great Job Fellows and Ladies! Huzzah!

Signed,
Mr. M___ E_____ Adams
Tinkerer, Adventurer, Man of Leisure, Weird Westerner, and Cad
18--
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 01:29:53 pm »

For those of us who don't quite know what you're talking about a link would be quite handy. Much appreciated.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
exoskeletoncabaret
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 01:43:36 pm »

Thanks very much!

Here's a link to the site where one can purchase hard copies of the zine or take advantage of a free PDF download: http://www.steampunkmagazine.com
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

A Most Improper Victorian Lady

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:37:33 pm »

I would like to extend my congratulations as well. The magazine was well written and the layout was clean in addition to being easy to read. The accompanying art work was lovely. I eagerly await the next installment.
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:50:16 pm »

As would I!!
By jove i say good job.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
Ultimate Antihero
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:21:22 am »

I quite enjoyed the part about "putting punk back into Steampunk". I'm actually considering on trying to sew a waistcoat with a stenciled portrait of Gaetano Bresci on the back. (Hmm, maybe embroidery even? If I can convince someone who knows how to do it...) Obviously this would be a project for sometime when I have more free time from my other endeavors.

The interview with Mr. Michael Moorcock was quite a pleasant addition as well, him being my avorite author.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:30:52 am »

Given what had gone on in the late nineteenth century(and perhaps the entire century) I can understand the editors and authors of this magazine railing against what has been established. I'm afraid I'm more of someone who has nostalgia for a thing that never existed. Then again even in my nostalgia I often find the dirt and grime that ordinary 'normal' folk tend to leave out. Granted my imaginings arn't full of collira stricken people, or people being shanghai'ed then later eaten when the ship runs out of food(you are lower even than the rats. if we run out of food...you're the first one we're carving up), but often times I see the less noble part of the world.

I suppose my idea of paradise is where the poor are. Those who's backs are being stood on by the industry baron-robbers so they can have their fortunes..
exoskeletoncabaret
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 02:07:49 pm »

I believe Magpie is intending for the second issue to be published in May. The theme and content will vary, no doubt, but remain in the spirit of Issue I.

Thank you for reading.
Spectre
Officer

Mayor, Cowford Florida 1889

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 02:40:22 am »

I downloaded it today. It is a fantastic magazine. I wish I knew what part to say was the best, but it is overall and outstanding publication!

www.cowfordsteampunk.yuku.com

Father of the Steamkini.

Founder of the Trans-Oceanic Benthic Exploration and Preservation League
OHebel Wring
Snr. Officer
The world is only 80 days away.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:18:45 pm »

so i finally made it to the printers today and printed out the full magazine-sized version (9 Euros), but it is wonderful to have it in the hands....

once again, the quality of writing was wonderful and thank you for posting the PDF in the magazine format.

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. “
-Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: