The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 10:53:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second Life Rollcall!!!  (Read 26919 times)
BlueFly
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »

I just started in SL this week.  I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm learning.  The first thing I created for myself... goggles, of course! My IGN is "Bluefly Martinek", look me up.

S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 05:24:09 pm »

Feel free to drop me a line, Shaunathan Sprocket.  If you're on in the evenings durring the week, or anytime during the weekend, I'll give you the tour.

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
Mr. Shank
Gunner

*In deep thought*

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:54 pm »

Well...
I had looked at the game before, because my Dad had asked me if I knew about it because he plays it at work ( strange right? ). But it didnt look that interesting to me before

I may have to start it now, I will edit this when I have my ID.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding."

-Albert Einstein
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:44 pm »

your dad plays AT WORK?!

I'm jealous :/
eggberta echegaray
Officer
Canada Canada

Eggberta
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 08:51:05 pm »

Hello all!

Miss Eggberta "Eggy" Echegaray here! I too am a 2nd lifer...Owner of the Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired "The Willow Tea Room" and Steampunk Courtyard Garden in New Babbage's Cultural District...and...I also maintain and moderate our Sim's blog, "The New Babbage Blog".  Grin I too wish I could play when I'm at work! Sad It sucks, actually having to do work at work! eeps! hehe!

"She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld and has the right dynamics for the new frontier"
arcane
Snr. Officer

Steamcrunk. WHAT?

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 08:56:20 pm »

I have 2 characters - Silas Meriman and Hieronymous Television, but neither have ever made it outside of the introductory tutorial area.
Dr. Welleston Geary
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 05:28:23 am »

Welleston Garrigus, here.
Caffeinated Gent
Snr. Officer
Do you feel lucky, steamPunk? Good.

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 03:30:47 am »

Caffe Brakken, at your services lords and ladies.

IF I can ever find the appropriate attire.
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 07:50:38 am »

ZenMondo Wormser, of Caledon, and opening a steampunk inpsired shoppe in the new sim Caledon SteamSkyCity. 

-=[KING of the Wyoming Steampunks]=-

Zen & The Art Of Steampunk
Esher
Gunner

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 08:21:14 am »

can anyone tell me more about the 3d modeling and how to import it?

"Good health is merely the slowest possable rate at which one can die."
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 08:38:46 am »

Well they just introduced on the beta grid, "sculpties" which is way to import 3-d objects into second life.

http://blog.secondlife.com/2007/04/27/the-advent-of-an-illustrious-age-of-sculpted-prims/

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Sculpted_Prims

Right now they only have exporters for Maya.

Other modeling is done by taking primitives "prims" shaping them, and linking them together.
Esher
Gunner

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 10:08:59 am »

so when do we get to see some screenys of ppls charaters and those airships Cheesy
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:28 pm »

I will see what I can do fo you, sir.
Andy_W
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 08:20:57 pm »

New Babbage or Caledon? Are these towns 'twinned' with any reallife locations? Hey you could call this forum a town- well kind of!
Hmmm? I wonder...
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 09:47:12 pm »

Caledon is not based on any real place, and though I have only been to Babbage a couple of times, I beleive the same can be said for there as well.   Caledon is made up of many "sims" (short for simulator) each holding 65,536 sqare meters of Land.   Each sim in Caledon has its own personal theme, with the overall theme being 19th Century Victorian Steampunk.  With the addition of Caledon SteamSkyCity, Caledon is now over One Million Square Meters.   Caledon SteamSkyCity is the most "steampunkiest" sim yet, its centerpiece being a huge flying city, with a bridge with working controls to control the throttle on the steam engine, the landing gear, and the props.
Andy_W
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:02 am »

I think you misunderstood. Here in the UK towns are twinned towns in other countries for cultural exchange. Their folk dancers visit us while we send them a choral society etc. Well it's more involved than that but that's the basics. I was wondering if a virtual town had been twinned with a real life location. 
H.Drake
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 11:18:31 pm »

I think you misunderstood. Here in the UK towns are twinned towns in other countries for cultural exchange. Their folk dancers visit us while we send them a choral society etc. Well it's more involved than that but that's the basics. I was wondering if a virtual town had been twinned with a real life location. 

In the US, we call that a sister city.  Smiley  As far as I know, no location in SL does that, but it's a wide world, so I could be mistaken.  Some places in SL are designed to look like real places and I know that at least one of them (the Las Vegas sim) contacted real Vegas officials for permissions.  I don't know if the sim and the city made any arrangements beyond that but I do know the sim owner wanted to do something more, maybe along the lines you're thinking.  Of course, needless to say, Vegas isn't exactly steampunk. Tongue
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 11:10:45 am »

I wish I could play. Unfortunately, my internet connection is too slow! Sad

Vaughn Voom
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19:03 pm »

I'm fairly new to the world of SL, but I've been to both Caledon and New Babbage, and both of them are amazing (though in somewhat different ways).  My avatar's name is Vaughn Voom... you'll probably see me wearing a kilt. 

I also frequent the Oyster Bay Market and Sculpture Gardens - my RL brother Morris Vig is the owner there and he is doing what he can to bring the best of SL sculpture, art, and music to the masses.  I recommend it highly. 
Hydrargyrum
Snr. Officer

member.GetText(Hydrargyrum);

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 06:16:12 am »

Though the thread's old, I'm just now getting to the steampunk forums, so I'll add my name to the roster. Following naming conventions, I go by Hg Beeks on SL. I spend most of my time in sandboxes where ever people will accept me.

Nothing you can make that can't be made...
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »

I`ve only just started up and need to escape the bloody tutorial.Pardon.
Kirix Canning,now quite eager to get to Caledon.

H.I.M.,Empress Kirix,Steam Faerie,Alchemical Creation
zenmondo
Officer

Gravatar

CodePoet

ZenMondo0
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 12:31:04 am »

When you do, feel free to look me up, I'll show you around the place.  Just search "ZenMondo"  last I checked I am the only one.  If there is another I am ZenMondo Wormser.
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 04:00:22 am »

When you do, feel free to look me up, I'll show you around the place.  Just search "ZenMondo"  last I checked I am the only one.  If there is another I am ZenMondo Wormser.

Many thanks sir.I will most certainly call upon you for help. Grin
Angus D. Murphy
Zeppelin Captain
France France

Professional Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2007, 01:52:24 pm »

It has happened at least once, as far as I know. Wincanton, in Somerset, has been twinned with Ankh-Morpork in 2002.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wincanton#Twinning  Wink

Oh, and I am Angus Mesmer in SL

What's the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can't blow something up?
-Sir Terry Pratchett
Hydrargyrum
Snr. Officer

member.GetText(Hydrargyrum);

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2007, 09:57:25 pm »

Do we have a roster or group in SL for easier tracking of who's where?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: