The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 06:10:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yule Party in the Hindenburg II-we have absinthe-*RP*  (Read 7584 times)
Difference Engineer
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Not steampunk, but an incredible soy substitute.

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2008, 06:09:09 am »

I simply KNEW that the engine would seriously screw around with temporal displacement devices. I wouldn't be surprised if we find a peculiar British police phone booth aboard as soon as we're underway.
*hobbles up the ramp and into the zeppelin's holding bay*

Or a gigantic slab of ruby, for that matter.  One never knows where a time traveler will appear.. or when, for that matter.

Is there a powder room anywhere about?  I very much need to change into something more appropriate, and I smell of burnt electrickal insulation.

*hurries to catch up with his craft*

"You look like you're about to jump in your gyrocopter or something."
--Anonymous coworker
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 11:31:08 am »

Excellent. Unfortunately I'll have to leave my craft behind. 220 metre long ships don't fit aboard most dirigibles.
Is there any chance that you could fashion a tow-line from the Hindenburg-II to your craft?

No need. I'll simply program the auto-formation device to regard Hindenburg-II as the lead ship in a convoy, then she'll follow on autopilot.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2008, 02:41:54 pm »

I simply KNEW that the engine would seriously screw around with temporal displacement devices. I wouldn't be surprised if we find a peculiar British police phone booth aboard as soon as we're underway.
On the whole that would be less disturbing than finding what appears to be the study of a Cambridge don in the middle of the dance floor...

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
elShoggotho
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 05:17:07 pm »

I don't care which form his chronodisplacement engine takes, as long as it's either his fifth or his eighth incarnation.

I'll just go and give the ZEP-01 orders to follow us quietly, near the emergency exit. You never know when some pirate tries something funny.
Von Gast
Zeppelin Admiral

Gentleman Racer and Explorer

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2008, 09:33:55 pm »

They should not pose a problem. You may remember the description given of the weapons used by Captain Nemo. A gun-type device firing a multitude of harpoons. I have built and fitted several larger versions to my ship, and in the event of attack she will defend the convoy.
elShoggotho
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2008, 09:50:31 pm »

I need my little zep handy nearby anyway. Two ships are always better than one. It would also rob me of the fun ripping gaping holes into the hulls of pirate dirigibles with large-calibre steam powered Gatling guns.
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2008, 11:24:23 pm »

Three ships, however, are better than two. By one, as a matter of fact.
The Zephyr is following us, five thousand feet above, and I've ordered the captain to attack any air-pirates, air-krakens or clouds that come within a mile of us.
After all, there's nothing safer than being followed by a heavily-armed psychopath with orders to shoot to kill. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:32:22 pm by Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth » Logged

Quote from: elShoggotho
HE WRESTLES BEARS, HE DRINKS HIS ALE, HE LOVES HIS AUTUNITE! ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING, THIS SONG IS UTTER SHI-

PM me about adding a thread to the OT archive!

_|¯¯|_
r[]_[]
michaelbeeman
Zeppelin Captain

Covered in bees!

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2008, 11:36:33 pm »

Well, Captain Shoggotho, if the Zep-01 is going to follow behind, shall I bring over that case of La Folie I've been saving?

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you must not be very funny."
elShoggotho
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2008, 12:06:18 am »

That would be a great idea. Better yet, we could ask our lovely steam faerie to send one of her gorillas for the job... now where is she...?
Sir Nikolas Vendigroth
Captain Spice
Immortal

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2008, 12:18:47 am »

Just shout, Sir, and she'll come running. (flapping? flitting? will she come at all?)
elShoggotho
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20:01 am »

She might appear, dear Sir. Everything else would be... inappropriate in company.
Difference Engineer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2008, 03:49:20 am »

I need my little zep handy nearby anyway. Two ships are always better than one. It would also rob me of the fun ripping gaping holes into the hulls of pirate dirigibles with large-calibre steam powered Gatling guns.
There is much to be said of exciting the luminiferous aethyr within the gasbags of a sky pirate's dirigible.. especially when hydrogen gas provides the lift for the craft.

You know, I wonder if I could fire the aethyr excitation resonators from the rear of the Hindenburg-II while it was in flight...

*blinks mildly*

Forgive me - I have no intention of doing so, but it is my way to plan for such undesirable occurrances.
Difference Engineer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2008, 03:50:00 am »

Well, Captain Shoggotho, if the Zep-01 is going to follow behind, shall I bring over that case of La Folie I've been saving?
I have a broad selection of liquors in the Aethyrjammer that I would be willing to share, if everyone is amenable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: