The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 04:52:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yule Party in the Hindenburg II-we have absinthe-*RP*  (Read 7585 times)
michaelbeeman
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Covered in bees!

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 08:03:39 pm »

*jumps in to help with those casks*

Here, now Captain elShoggotho, I've got this side! *grins*

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you must not be very funny."
elShoggotho
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:38 pm »

Ah, there you are! Let's get that stuff in there, that's the second horn. *HOOOOOOOOOOT*
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 10:15:23 pm »

*waits for Alexander to catch up before she boards, which reveals that what looks like a normal skirt is an altogether more practical divided one*

(I was going to say split skirt, but that seemed to open things up for too much misunderstanding  Wink )

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
michaelbeeman
Zeppelin Captain

Covered in bees!

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 12:46:00 am »

*waits for Alexander to catch up before she boards, which reveals that what looks like a normal skirt is an altogether more practical divided one*

(I was going to say split skirt, but that seemed to open things up for too much misunderstanding  Wink )
Ooooooh, the Holiday "Skort"!
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 01:17:38 am »

I would have said that too, but I've got far too used to people staring blankly at me!
Prof. Brockworth
Snr. Officer

Choppy Warburton rides again!

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 01:40:53 am »

*sups mead*

That must make you the Skortmaiden...

*sups some more*

...so, um, where are the Moomins?

*dons parachute!*

Recovering from pennyfarthing bruises...
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 01:43:39 am »

Psst! Anyone want some candied Air Kraken egg slices?  Wink

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
elShoggotho
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 02:01:09 am »

Now let's get all that stuff into the zep. We can't simply leave good drinks out here.

Did someone bring food? Anyone?
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 02:01:25 am »

I seem to be slightly late to the party...I am not worthy of my threadjack railroading title.

WHAT? EATING AIR KRAKEN EGGS? INSANITY! Do you want to be gobbled up by an angry mother?

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
Alexander Edmund Clough
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 02:28:29 am »

Now let's get all that stuff into the zep. We can't simply leave good drinks out here.

Ah... *dashes back down the gangplank and grabs a large wicker basket from the carriage*

Knew I'd almost forgotten something!

*dashes back aboard and pops the hamper down on a table, pats the top of it*

Got cook to pack a small seasonal hamper... Selection of sandwiches, Cheeses, biscuits, a plum pudding, mince pies, two dozen scotch eggs, jar of gentlemen's relish, a jar of marmite, a couple of loaves and a few other dainties. Spirit stove, coffee pot...

*flips lid open*

Bother. Cook forgot the pickles.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 02:44:39 am »

*sups mead*

That must make you the Skortmaiden...

*sups some more*

...so, um, where are the Moomins?

*dons parachute!*
I do believe you have forgotten your coat, sir... ;-)
Anaesthesius
Officer

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 03:00:33 am »

*raises glass at the mention of Moomins*

*sheepish* Well, I made a big batch of meat pies, but thanks to a certain film I figured nobody'd touch 'em.  Besides, you all would suspect my fridge is full of science experiments... aaaaand you'd be right.  At least the minions ate well.

*wanders over to the food*  Capital!  But what is gentlemen's relish?

"...by all means, let's plant poles all across the country, festoon the ------ with wires to hurry the sorry word, and blinker our judgments and motive...  Ain't the state of things cloudy enough?  Don't we face enough ------ imponderables?" - Al Swearingen on information technology, Deadwood 2x13
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 03:03:43 am »

Utterly vile, unless you like anchovies. I recommend marmite sandwiches *and settles down to make some of the same*
elShoggotho
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 03:07:15 am »

*produces an immense case of Vienna sausages from somewhere inside his coat - impossibly large to hide under a coat*

So we don't need these? Culinary specialties from my ancestral lands. No offense intended, Mme. Fahrmann. Now, we only need a Bunsen burner or a heat ray - and mustard! Glorious French mustard! *produces a jar from his personal time-space fold*
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 03:14:17 am »

WHAT? EATING AIR KRAKEN EGGS? INSANITY! Do you want to be gobbled up by an angry mother?

It's ok, they're from farmed Air Kraken.
Anaesthesius
Officer

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 03:41:21 am »

Utterly vile, unless you like anchovies. I recommend marmite sandwiches *and settles down to make some of the same*
Oh, that would explain the smell.  I thought it was -um, nevermind.

*produces an immense case of Vienna sausages from somewhere inside his coat - impossibly large to hide under a coat*

So we don't need these? Culinary specialties from my ancestral lands. No offense intended, Mme. Fahrmann. Now, we only need a Bunsen burner or a heat ray - and mustard! Glorious French mustard! *produces a jar from his personal time-space fold*
Heat ray?  I can do that!  People seem to think it's a catastrophe when Mars attacks, but one finds all sorts of stuff in the wreckage once the automata finish with 'em.  This thingy looks like your ordinary photonic pointer, but it's powered by a miniature phlogiston cell - I think.  Anyway, hand over those sausages - don't worry, I managed to turn the gain down and now I keep it on my keychain...
Alexander Edmund Clough
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 03:45:45 am »

Anchovies blended with butter and herbs & spices.

Utterly divine spread thinly on hot buttered toast. But not for the more delicate of palates Smiley

And it's thoroughly correct for period - invented in 1828. Huzzah! Although the beloved says it smells as if it's from the original batch every time I get some!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 03:47:32 am »

Ah...marmite sandwiches, a worthy contender for the ambriosa of the G*ds
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 09:12:19 am »

*emerges in a rather bright green dress that appears to have been attacked by something with a great many teeth*
Anise candies anyone?And could everyone kindly refrain from blowing things up all over my ship?
*whistles,bringing the brass monkey skittering up onto her shoulder*
Forgive my absence Sir Shoggoth.As expressed confusion,the purpose of said monkey`s anatomical correctness is merely my own obsessive devotion to detail.
*grins and flits off to lighten some of the mead kegs*

H.I.M.,Empress Kirix,Steam Faerie,Alchemical Creation
elShoggotho
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 10:34:56 am »

Ah, but the cold out here still seems enough to freeze the balls off of one. Let's get in, everybody!

*keeps warm by hefting in boxes, crates and barrels of party paraphernalia*
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2007, 10:43:39 am »

Ah, but the cold out here still seems enough to freeze the balls off of one. Let's get in, everybody!

*keeps warm by hefting in boxes, crates and barrels of party paraphernalia*

*sets up the projector to show The Call of Cthulhu*
Would you like some help Mister Shoggoth?*Pulls a lever which opens a metal door labeled "Heavy Automatons"*
elShoggotho
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2007, 10:31:42 pm »

I manage quite a bit alone, thank you very... what's THAT? A clockwork gorilla???
+Kirix+
Snr. Officer

Official Steam Faerie

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 12:19:27 am »

I manage quite a bit alone, thank you very... what's THAT? A clockwork gorilla???
*grins*They`re easier than humans.Humans are complicated and you get into all sorts of ethical messes.*sends four of the clockwork gorillas-which are actually quite a bit larger than actual gorillas-out to carry in things*
Hey!Put Shoggoth down!!!
elShoggotho
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 11:08:49 am »

Mme. Kirix... there HAS to be an emergency deactivation button. If that thing doesn't put me down NOW, I'll have to permanently deactivate it. Trust me, I've got the means to do so.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 05:12:12 pm »

*watches the clockwork gorilla picking Shoggoth up, and opens her bag, looking for the right size item, just in case...*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: