The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 03:07:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $8 toy shotgun........Sawed off custom DONE, pics page 2  (Read 16772 times)
Angel
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Chrome dome, goggles on, dressed all in rubber...

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 12:26:21 am »

If anyone's looking for them in the UK, you can get something very similar in a shop called Instore. I think I might get one, you can also get a lever action shotgun too.

"With a rifle, you can kill one man; but with a machine gun, you can make a whole army keep its head down." - Jeremy Clarkson

Buns are obviously not designed for their aerodynamic properties.
clockworkcoffin
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 02:26:02 am »

dude my cousin and i used to have those shotguns.  those things are indeed the bees knees.
Phineas Lamar Alexander
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 04:18:47 pm »

The Dollar General Store also had the Winchester lever action 44 copy for 8 bucks I picked up one of each and hope to have them done shortly.
Guyver
Zeppelin Captain

If you need me, I'll be in the lab.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 05:00:15 pm »

Ok, I finished my lil toy today and just had to get some shots.  We will start with a before and follow with the after........
Before:

After:

"If I get kicked out of con for shooting a NERF gun I'm stabbing someone with a toaster!"
Hail Bedlam.
Guyver
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »

sir jons de sloop
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 05:31:20 pm »

in the uk they also have them in toys r us but there around the £12-£14 mark  sometimes it just suckes being in the uk everything is so bloody expensive also unless you realy know were to look you just cant find stuff like you can at say a "micheals" in the states we have hobby craft but i find there a bit rubbish and very very expensive! im making a pair of insect googles (just cos i want to ) and i have looked for a supplier of very long feathers to use as the anteni as ther stronger and more ridged than most man made things of the same lenth any way any place i found was just stupidly expensive so last time i was in la i went into a micheals and what did i find hundreds of the damb things for next to nothing especialy with the exchainge rate! i cant wait to move to the us so i can make stuff and be competative with us prop makers...........
villaintagonist
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 11:06:55 pm »

My good sir, would you be willing to enlighten us all on how you achieved such a handsome wood effect?
Robo Von Bismark
Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 11:36:12 pm »

Very nice detailing

Is it going to be "steamed" in any way (tubes, boilers etc) or remain a conventional shotgun?
Guyver
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 12:02:43 am »

Very nice detailing

Is it going to be "steamed" in any way (tubes, boilers etc) or remain a conventional shotgun?
No steam on this one. I like the basic look.
My good sir, would you be willing to enlighten us all on how you achieved such a handsome wood effect?
The gun started with a light wood texture but when painting it I used a hard bristle brush to add some extra texture. I used two shades of brown in the paint and then when adding the top seal of floor wax i made sure to go over it with the same brush I used for the paint. I let the streaking work as wood grain and put it on uneven to give a natural look.
Commander Obadiah
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

Gatherer of Misguided Inventions

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 11:29:34 am »

Wow, I am impressed! I use real wood to get the texture, but your paintwork is absolutely fantastic! Kudos, sir, kudos.

Commander C. Obadiah

The Steampunk code: 'To delicately dismantle the system from within, if it's not too much trouble'
ironwood
Snr. Officer

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 04:12:17 pm »

That is an amazing job.  Now you've gone and inspired me to try it myself.

What paint did you use?

One man's (insert word) is another man's SteamPunk.
Guyver
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 04:20:05 pm »

What paint did you use?

I always start with a base of Krylon Fusion black. The rest of the paint is acrylic. I then mix black brown and a bit of green acrylic paint in with "Future" floor wax as a top coat.
Villainous
Officer

Chivalry isn't dead... It's sexy.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:03 pm »

add another idea to the list of clever ideas I'm going to steal...

I think, however, for mine, I'll make some steamed shells... no, not oysters or clams.... make soem strange, perhaps, glowing, ammunition...

NEW STORES!! NEW DESIGNS!!

Shop One
Shop Two
Dusza Beben
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 01:13:46 am »

What paint did you use?

I always start with a base of Krylon Fusion black. The rest of the paint is acrylic. I then mix black brown and a bit of green acrylic paint in with "Future" floor wax as a top coat.

Your painting technique is a winner to be sure, though if I might make one critique, next time try shaving/filling the seams on the barrels with modeling putty. Barrel seams make me crazy.

DB

Brought to you by, Muahahahah INC, we add the "muaha" to your "hahah"
enderwigin
Gunner

life is tough then you die

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 05:49:57 pm »

wow good job
Mr Mockett
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 06:01:53 pm »

Can anyone name a store they're seen these in other than Dollar General?
Dusza Beben
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 06:05:53 pm »

Can anyone name a store they're seen these in other than Dollar General?

I've seen them in KayBee toys as well.

DB

InspectorSong
Swab

Inspector Grayson Song, Whitechapel District

jedielvis
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 11:38:37 pm »

Sorry to necro-post, but I've recently found one of these online, bought it and am preparing to cut it down.  Just had a few questions:  what happened when you cut off the stock?  Did you had to lose all the electronics and therefore the sound and stuff?  That would be a shame, although I'd be totally ok with it.  Also, did you encounter any problems when cutting down the barrels?  Anything special inside that I need to be aware of or something like that?  Thanks!

Inspector Grayson Song, Whitechapel District

www.jedielvis.com
Finnlock
Officer

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 02:23:07 am »

I used some foam to fill it ( and keep it light wieght) added a lanyard and used cloth and leather to wrap the grip for a more "used" look to the shotgun for a Zombie fighter costume I made.

CaptainMurra
Gunner
Australia Australia

why hello there!

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:14 am »

that cut off was PERFECT.... *...steal, steal, stealing ideas in process.....*
you made it look so cool, how did you paint it so well?? did you use metallic paint?

consider yourself god. no seriously... consider it!

does the actual gun part still work though.. epic if it did!

Give thy thoughts no tongue - William Shakespeare
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: