The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 10:49:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glasgow: Photographics via the aetheric network  (Read 1215 times)
Caffeinated Gent
Snr. Officer
Do you feel lucky, steamPunk? Good.

« on: March 12, 2007, 03:00:24 pm »

Well, I was taking a constitutional, as is my mode of late, and felt greatly the desire to share the city which was heralded as the Second City Of The Empire, and how many of its' buildings (includng the one I am currently esconsed within) remain from that period.

I suppose it's not really anything special, but I wanted to take pictures and share, because I felt they might inspire in a Steampunk-ish manner. If this proves popular, I'll likely expand my views and take more the next free chance I have.

This is the view of the first floor up; I don't know why there's a railing on the rooftop.

A fairly normal example of the buildings still standing; the ground floor has been converted into shopfronts.

The building above a preferred watering-hole of mine.

I am, of course, labouring under the assumption that this was NOT built in the 20th century. I am most definately mistaken.

Even our public conveniences evoke interesting aesthetics.

A fine pair of clocks on the side of a building.

In my opionion,this building was much more beatific before it was cleaned up.
OHebel Wring
Snr. Officer
The world is only 80 days away.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:04:49 pm »

Perfect!!!  thanks for sharing,

I am currently putting together a steampunk tour of Munich.

(I just have to find steampunk stuff here....)

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. “
-Sherlock Holmes
Tinkergirl
Brass Goggles Curator
Founders
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 03:05:43 pm »

Ah Glasgow.  The tree that never grew, the fish that never swam, the bird that never flew and the bell that never rang.  I miss Glasgow, somewhat.

Have you been to the botanical gardens?  Apparently they've done up the glasshouses as they were in the Victorian era.
Caffeinated Gent
Snr. Officer
Do you feel lucky, steamPunk? Good.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 03:19:09 pm »

Anon, I in fact live a mere stone's throw away from the Botanic Gardens - at least, with my new Stone Throwing Automaton, which can catapult masonry from St. George's Cross to Byar's Road at no effort.

Only taking upon myself the challenge today, I only picked out a few shots from the East End of the centre - Tollgate, and the town centre itself, but I shall endeavour in future, I fancy, to log more of the West End and South Side of the river.

The other day I was riding the autobus through Govan, and was looking at the immense dry dock separated from the roadside by but a chainlink fence.

There's also the Transport Museum (with some lovely models of ships produced in Glasgow) and there's an open-air museum somewhere in the East End, if I remember correctly, with rather a lot to offer the Steamthusiast, if you will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: