The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 03:10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United federation of air-states (council wars counsel)  (Read 5605 times)
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:09 am »

Council name: United federation of Air-States
Purpose: To unite all floating cities and ports to (someday) create a great air-nation. We highly support the free lives our aviators have on the bird roads, and respect personal freedom greatly.
Army: Entirely voluntary, A lot of Zeppelins and other airships, all loyal  aviators equipped with prototype lightning rifles.

All "inventive" forms of colonization are looked highly upon by us (meaning under-water, treads,whatever).

The federation is mostly just a partnership of many air-states, and all states are free to govern themselves. However, in times of emergency, a State can call upon the federation counsel. Decisions and laws of the counsel override all others.
The counsel is made up of one representative from each air-state. These Representatives are voted upon by all citizens of their state. The counsel has the right to declare war: the federation has a separate army from each city-state, and will use that for all military operations. In the case that Air-states war against each other, the counsel has the right to intervene with it's own troops.

Declare allegiance to the Federation and fly free (put UFAS into your sig)!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:54:08 am by kiskolou » Logged

"There will always be a lost world for you here..." - Atterton

Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash and i am delighted to say i have no grasp of it whatsoever!
Interstellar Machine
Officer
United States United States

<>< Straight and Narrow

Interstellarmac
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:45:59 pm »

I say, it sounds like a lofty venture, the zenith of high ideas.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:17:50 pm »

That's the spirit! As first member of UFAS, you are granted our one of our flagship zeppelins! Feel free to name it yourself!
Anachronist
Officer
Dandy and Dilletante

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:59:30 am »

Kiskolou, as comrade and countryman, how can I but join your council. The P.I.R.A.T.E. threat is clear and troubling. It is good to see an organization wint morals and direction that can stand against them, if need be.

Count me in!

Regards,
Alexander

The first sign of the beginning of understanding is a wish to die.

mr gilbert flint
Officer

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:03:45 pm »

i'll have you know i have morals. they're just a bit loose thats all.(leer and go into moustache twirling mode) Wink

I'M THE DANDY SKYWAY MAN(almost adam and the ants)
member of the P.I.R.A.T.E.S council
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »

A truly capitol idea. However sadly as I own neither airship nor flying land mass I do believe I am sadly ineligible. However as I'm already here I would like a bit of information regarding the tourist trade for this confederation.

Postscript: Even with my lack of arial mobility I would wish to join as I have some small experience with subterranean colonization as well as close ties to a leader of one such underground nation.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:31:45 pm by Lazaras » Logged

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 12:56:49 am »

Ah, Alexander, you are so correct. How could i have even imagined partnering with the P.I.R.A.T.E.S! I'm a REFINED scoundrel!

Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 04:16:18 pm »

Nobody's perfect. I simply hope you had made no sort of binding agreement with said organization yet. After all without his word, what is a man?
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:49:36 pm »

Nothing binding, i have officially called it off. Sadly, ISHMEAL has joined forces with them, so we might have to watch for attack from both counsels.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26:53 am »

COMMUNIQUE FROM OBSCURE TO THE UNITED FEDERATION OF AIR-STATES

The Council Elders of OBSCURE are as of now in the proces of reaching a decision about your proposition for alliance.  We thank you for your patience.
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 05:55:26 pm »

Dear Sirs and Gentlewomen,

We, the Council Elders of OBSCURE, accept your proposition for alliance on terms that this allegiance is of a purely defensive nature.  We pledge our-selves to our common cause, being to co-exist on friendly terms amongst the hostility of other Councils and to protect ourselves against the agression of our foes.

We bid you adieu and wish that our Entente Cordiale may last and overcome!

With the unanimous approval of the Council Elders of OBSCURE,
"Ottens"
jordanno2
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:47 am »

dear mr kiskolou

I Proffesor Ambrose Ainsworth wishes to be a member of the UFAS if you would prefer it.

I will design ever better apparatus to help the UFAS.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:08 pm »

Welcome welcome, Mr Jordanno2. Make yourself at home! We need an inventor...
jordanno2
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 04:06:21 am »

my inventions are at your service
and I am patenting anouther one

I will plan new defensive inventions.
just in case...
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 08:42:59 am »

OOOH! What does it do? We need to recruit more members, hopefully it's a member-machine. Oh, you say it's defensive?
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 07:14:56 pm »

Dear Mr. kiskolou,

As you may have understood, OBSCURE has settled in a fixed sea-installlation hoovering over the waters of the Indian Ocean.  As a gesture of friendship, we invite you or an assembly of representatives from your Federation to be our guests here high up on this great seat upon heaven's tears.  We expect to be informed of your acceptance so that the necessary arrangments may be made.  You understand that we must assign a Navigator from our Council to whatever means of transportation you possess as not to disclose our coordinates. 

On behalf of the Elders of OBSCURE,

Yours Sincerely,

"Ottens"
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 08:05:45 am »

All members of UFAS, the air-state of Cumulipolis has experienced disaster, when their greenhouse district caught fire. They are in desperate need of crops. I took the liberty of asking both salvage and, when they did not answer, our allies at OBSCURE. Please, if you can, find a way to help our people. The last thing we want is famine! Perhaps your native air-states can be of assistance?
Ottens
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Gatekeeper

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 11:36:20 pm »

COMMUNIQUE FROM THE OBSCURE TO THE UNITED FEDERATION OF AIR-STATES

Dear Sirs,

Although we at OBSCURE at not in the possession of surplus crops, we do make available at your disposal medicine and medical supplies, for which of course we must demand minimal payment to cover our own costs.

We shall dispatch one of our airships, the Peril, with said supplies. One of the Elders of OBSCURE will be on board the Peril to oversee arrangments and receive payment upon arrival.

On behalf of the Elders of OBSCURE,

Yours Faithfully,

"Ottens"
fmra
Snr. Officer

Dollmaker

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 01:48:08 am »

Transmission from the Free Port of Salvage:

.-..-.-..-.-.-...-.-.--.-.----.-....-.-.-.-.--..--..-..--
ATTN: City of Cumulipolis

Five hundred barrels of food stock are awaiting pick up at the Dockyard warehouse.  Priced at our rate of 200 aeros or equivalent per barrel, your total debt is 100,000 aeros, due before release.  Mr. Freeman, the Dockmaster has clear all anchors on pier 6 and we await your arrival. We regret having kept you so long and hope to do business with you again.

Sterling Lawson
Merchant Chancellor
Free Port of Salvage

END TRANSMISSION

Tempus Rerum Imperator.

"But that's not steampunk hjghahkahjkfdsahjklfdsa!!!!!11one11" -- Anachronist

20,000 leagues below Chuck E' Cheese
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 05:36:46 pm »

Out of the clouds near the UFAS floating city, a steam flyer breaks and approaches the docks. As she nears, it can be seen that she flies a flag of truce. Upon docking, the dockhands gape in awe at her lines, this lean vessle was built for one purpose - speed. she carries no arms, and her lean hull is dominated for almost three quarters of its length, by huge engines. The light gelams of the starnge polished alloys of her frame.
 Upon docking a swarthy man in robes emerges, and adresses the dock officals.

" I am courier-vassal Rakhoum, and I hight from  the League of Ishmael, and I have a message for you leader, Captain Kiskolou."

He unfolds a paper and reads.

" To Captain Kiskolou,
    Know that I hve been made aware of the famine that has struck the city-state of Cumulipolis. To that end, I make an offer. I will send to you
2 League trade vessels of grain and supplies, and one of agricultural equipment and materials, in order that the famine may be relieved.
I do this for the humanity of the thing. I will not see innocents starve. I have known starvation and pestilence, and I will not see them ravage others.
 Know that this is not a gift, I ask a boon for it.  I would have UFAS sigm not an alliance, but rather  a treaty of non-agression with my League.
 I ask this as there are matters that are stirring, of which I may shortly inform the Councils, and it would inconvenienc me to have my attentions split.
 I await your answer, it may be delivered to my courier-vassal

By my hand, this day, aboard Leviathan,
Ishmael"

Rakhoum folds the note, and reboards the flyer to await a reply.

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 05:44:21 am »

Kiskolou was in awe. After waiting at Salvage for hours without any reply, all hope seemed lost for the small Air-state Cumulipolis. But now UFAS had found help in the most unlikely of sources. Although Kisko never truly had anything against Ishmael, his alliance with those distrustful P.I.R.A.T.E.S  did not give a great first impression. But here he was (or at least a servant of him), saving an entire air-state from certain doom! And without asking for pay! The courier began to fold the note, and reboard his ship. "Wait! I just want to say-" the ship was gone, it's huge engines propelling it at amazing speeds. All Ishmael asked for was a treaty of non-aggression. This must surely be granted! Kindled by newfound hope, Kiskolou boarded the U.S.S Airkraken.
jordanno2
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 10:01:43 am »

I thank you most heartfully mr ottens and ishamel"hac"

for helping us when in the direst need so far.
as our food production is still recovering from the recent disaster.
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:26 pm »

The Helios prepares to end his dally journey across the sky; oranges pinks and yellows line the strata and as the sun, in its final moments begins to vanish below the horizon the light arcs against the central cloud cover before refracting into a ultra-gold light illuminating everything in its hyper-tawny final moments. A calm breeze and easy conditions prevail.

The OAS Argonautica breaks arrogantly through a painted cloud her mast black in silhouette, her gas bags insistently forcing there way through cloud and avian alike, she tears through the display at a breakneck 112 Nautical miles per hour, as if to say somehow that natures evening show is ill timed for having selected this day , this very hour for such a display. This very hour on which The Captain of the Argonautica must deliver medical supplies, to the united federation of air states, who in desperate need of aid have thrown themselves upon the OBSCURE. With honor of course The high council had responded and Elder Fantomas had set out.

The Good Dr. was nowhere on board but it caused no conflicts, for no more sound a planner ever lived than our fateful Captain. Whatever trial might arise his mind lived always 20 moves ahead of it, and as with today like a true navigator discovering he was off by a hair in his planed course, a crooked smile met his lips, in discovering this tiny variation from the plan.

The USAF air docks lay below, the tower had contacted moments before and directed to docking  plank “Q”, and landing commenced shortly thereafter. Fantomas had his reservations about his crew but with such discipline and hunger for perfection, deep down he knew he would never do better, and in some small warm part of that hard black heart, he was proud .

“ Here we have delivered faithfully what we promised 36 crates of valuable medical supplies. Please pay us what you can for this help which we are glad to give.”

Said Sir Elder
And with a quick rap on the skull of his nearest crewman “Read him the manifest cretin!”

“SIR!” responded the disciplined youth,

“Included are 10 crates of our finest surplus antibiotics!
Healing salves of which several will probably do something!
3 crates of whiskey for your pain and your morale!
10 crates used but otherwise useable blankets of the warmest sort!
8 crates general first aid supplies!
2 crates Dentist’s “Bleeding” kits!
1 Phronological reconditioning braces!
and 2 crates emergency medical humors! SIR!”

Just then Fantomas broke in with “And please accept these four crates of fried seasoned locust as my personal offering from my private reserves. I’ve grown quite fond of them over the past several months.”

“Now please show me to my quarters for the night, a drink also would suit me well, and I will await payment there or in the parlor, also where are your women?”

and with that, the supplies had been delivered.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:57:12 am by Fantômas » Logged

" 'I' Is For 'Infamy' "
kiskolou
Snr. Officer

Subpelin Underlord

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 02:11:19 am »

I'll won't be able to play for a few more days, (and anyway, I'm on the leviathan) so could a different member answer?
Fantômas
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

As many steps ahead of this claim as I want to be.

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 03:16:07 am »

I'll won't be able to play for a few more days, (and anyway, I'm on the leviathan) so could a different member answer?

Gentleman, My time is valuable. I await payment, the Grand High Chancellor can not be kept waiting. You asked for our aid and we did not posses the surplus which you requested, but here we've brought you what would quite nearly constitute our finest medical supplies, and a personal gift in good faith, that some reasonable payment be made, and soon so that the Council be satisfied and our Alliance be treated with respect.

If the UFAS be in the possession of any specialized materials which might be of use or us in future vessel construction know that we would accept a trade in this instance.

Elder I.Alexander Fantômas

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: