The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 11:49:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrical Assistance Needed  (Read 957 times)
AFGNCAAP
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

Professor's phlegmatic lackey

« on: November 25, 2007, 12:38:39 pm »

As you were all helpful beyond belief when I last asked for ideas of items one might find in a steampunk chemist workspace, I hope you might be able to help with something a little trickier...I am writing about a machine hooked up to an entire room that permeates the air inside with an arcane energy that behaves exactly like electricity, in much the same way as a giant, inside-out Van De Graaf generator might. Somehow, said energy must be transmitted from a person standing outside to the air inside, through the walls, perhaps. It's (very, very, very slightly) less odd when in context; just trust me.

I am researching all over the place for something helpful, and am infinitely grateful that I have all of you as one of my best sources. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:57:32 pm by AFGNCAAP » Logged

"An eruption!" I said. "We're in the chimney of an active volcano?"
"I think so," said the professor smiling, "and that's the best thing that could happen to us!"
-Journey to the Center of the Earth

"The way to my heart is through my chest, with a scalpel and a bone saw."
-Lady Anne
PT Sideshow
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Holder of unlimted Stationary Engineers License

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:33:13 pm »

Well Tesla was experimenting along those line and built a station on the east coast for the energy company he had formed and was selling stock for. I believe what is left of the building is either the steam and radio museum, or the Ham radio groups headquarters or was if memory doesn't fail me.
I'm sure somebody can fill in the details.
The idea was to transmit power thru the atmosphere around the globe and planes,trains,ship,lights ect. To be picked up and used by all manner of people and devices.
Something along the lines of this, only not carried to weapons grade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is the back cover blurb
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is the ISBN# and publishing info
As Tesla demonstrated a remote radio control model boat/ possible torpedo to the US Government at Madison Square Garden around the first difficulties in Cuba. You should be able to find out alot of factual, along with the fanciful in regards to the stuff that has been said in print about Tesla and his power transmitting plans.

"I am not ashamed to admit, that I am ignorant of the things I do not know"!
Cicero
AFGNCAAP
Snr. Officer
Antarctica Antarctica

Professor's phlegmatic lackey

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 03:44:10 am »

I think something's starting to come together, but that isn't short of fascinating...I'll file it away for inspiration.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: